Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Rough Road To Happiness ❯ The Accident ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey! I'm so sorry I didn't update last week but I was really busy, especially since I'm in advance placement classes at school. I have a ton of homework!

Disclaimer: You know the drill!

~Chapter 6~

It was a bright Saturday morning when Pan woke up with the sun shining in her face but she didn't want to get up. For some reason, she had feeling that something was going to happen today and it wasn't good. Then again, everything in the world was perfect right now. She had the man of her dreams, the androids were gone, and her life was going great, so what could possibly ruin it all? She shrugged off the feeling and got out of bed and took a shower. When she went downstairs, she smelled breakfast cooking and expected to see Bulma cooking but instead, saw Trunks.

Pan walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. "Morning honey. Why are you up so early?" Pan asked.

"I woke up early this morning and so I thought I'd make you and mom some breakfast so mom wouldn't have to for a change," he told her as he turned around and kissed her on the lips.

"Mmm, smells great in here Trunks. It's a nice change not to have to cook for once," Bulma said as she walked in.

"Hey Trunks, after breakfast, you want to go train?"

"Sure. How about we go somewhere different today? Maybe the area in Arzuo Mountain. It's harder to breathe there so it will make our training more effective."

"Sounds great!"

***********

"Come on! You can be faster than that! I know you can!" Trunks shouted as he shot another blast at Pan expecting her to dodge it but she did not. He rushed to her side as she collapsed. "Pan! Are you OK? Why didn't you dodge that blast?"

Pan sat up but her head was spinning, so she leaned against Trunks for support. She had been so distracted and couldn't shake that feeling that something was going to happen today that could change her life. "I'm sorry Trunks. I know I asked you to spar today but my mind is just somewhere else," she looked at him. "I keep having this feeling that something is going to happen today and I can't shake it."

Trunks looked deep into her eyes. "Maybe we should go back. I don't want to accidentally hurt you when you're so distracted right now."

"No! No, I want to keep sparing. I want to get better at controlling my powers. Can we please keep going?" She gave him her puppy dog eyes.

Trunks sighed. "Alright, but only if you promise to concentrate harder. Let's go." Their fight started again and Pan was doing better this time but then the feeling came back again. It distracted her long enough so that she didn't see the big energy wave coming right at her until it was too late. The ground she was standing on collapsed under her feet and she went crashing down with it and landed on a lower part of the mountain. She screamed as large boulders were about to land on her and she tried to get away by rolling to the side. She didn't realize that it was the edge and started to slip off when one of the boulders landed on her head and knocked her unconscious. Pan kept on falling until she finally crashed into the sea below where she would soon find herself starting a very different life.

**********

"PAN!!!" Trunks screamed. "Are you OK?!" He waited for her answer and when he received none, started getting scared. He jumped down and landed on the pile of rubble below and tried to sense her energy. When he didn't feel anything, he tried to feel her through their bond but came up empty handed again. "Pan!" Trunks started moving the large boulders out of the way in an attempt to find her. "Please, I can't lose you. I need you!" He used small power blasts to blast some of the rocks away but he still couldn't see Pan. *Where are you?* He desperately tried to speak to her through their bond but he couldn't feel her presence in his mind anymore. ~I know she's still alive. I won't give up. I will never give up.~he vowed.

**********

She had deep brown eyes and light brown hair with flecks of white in it. As a middle aged woman with a son, she looked very good for her age. She was just finished her grocery shopping and decided to take a walk on a more deserted end of the beach when she spotted a young woman had just been washed ashore. Being the kind hearted woman she was, she rushed to the young female's side to try to help her.

"I better call an ambulance right away." She said as she took out her cell phone. She was worried for the girl, even though she didn't know her and smiled as she thought of her son. ~They would make such a lovely couple. The girl is very beautiful.~

"Excuse me Miss, but you're going to have to move out of the way." The woman looked up to see two men coming out of the ambulance.

"Yes of course. I found this girl lying on the beach here. It was very obvious that she was washed ashore. I believe she needs medical attention right away." She told them.

"Yes, right away. Do you know if she had a purse with her or something of the sort so we could find out her identity?"

"No, nothing of the sort. She was not carrying anything."

"Thank you for your help but now, we need to take her back to the hospital. Would you like to come so we can ask a few more questions?"

"Yes alright." She answered.

*********

A pair of black eyes opened and the owner groaned as she felt like she had been hit by a truck. ~Where am I?~ she wondered, as she looked around a familiar room. ~I'm in a hospital? What am I doing here?~

"I see you are finally awake. You've slept three days straight!" A voice exclaimed. The black hair woman jumped.

"Who are you?"

"My name is Madeline. I found you washed ashore and got you to the hospital. Now I must ask you, what's YOUR name?"

The black haired woman was about to answer when she suddenly realized that she didn't know. ~Omigosh! What IS my name?~ she thought frantically.

A/N: hehe, yes, the black haired woman is Pan. She just doesn't know it! Please review!