Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Rough Road To Happiness ❯ To the Future ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey people. Long time no see! I know you all probably thought I had dropped off the face of the earth but I didn't! I actually took a break from writing my fics and I just didn't realize that I did not tell you guys till now!! But now, I'm back!!!

Disclaimer: I don't claim or own anything though I wish I did.

~Chapter 8~

Gohan-30

Chibi Pan-6

Chibi Trunks-8

*In this chapter, I will refer to Mirai Trunks as just Trunks and little Trunks as chibi Trunks.

In another timeline

"Hey you guys, don't come so close or you'll blast my machine!" Bulma yelled at the 3 saiyans having a spar. Gohan looked down at her from mid air, about to throw a punch at chibi Trunks.

"Sorry Bulma. We'll try not to destroy anything!" Gohan yelled. "Hey, what are you making there anyways?"

"Well, since I know that I have a counterpart that was capable of building a time machine, I thought I would give it a try," Bulma said.

"Really Bulma, you're making a time machine? That is so cool!" chibi Pan exclaimed.

"I know, but it's a lot of hard work."

"Hey, how come it looks so different from the time machine mirai Trunks traveled in?" Gohan asked.

"I'm trying to make a modified version of it so that it's bigger, fits more people and have rooms to sleep in since time traveling is quite tiring." Bulma stated.

"Who is mirai Trunks?" chibi Trunks asked.

"Oh you know, I told you about him Trunks. He was the Trunks that came back in time to warn us about the androids remember?"

"Oh, that's him?"

"So are you almost finished Bulma?" Gohan asked.

"Yeah, I'm almost done. I just have to make a few modifications and it'll be complete. I'm really excited! I think this is one of the best things I've ever built. It has a big bathroom and 4 bedrooms in it." Bulma rambled on and then headed into the kitchen to get a snack.

"Come on, let's get back to sparing." Gohan said and turned around but there was no chibi Pan or Trunks. "Panny! Trunks?" He tried to sense for their energy and found that they were in the time machine. ~What are they doing in there?~ Gohan thought before he flew down and dashed into the time machine. Inside, he found Pan jumping on a sofa and Trunks sitting in a chair in front of the control panel and was poking at the buttons. "Trunks! Stop playing with the controls. You might accidentally hit something!" He shouted just as the door to the ship slammed shut and the ship started moving. "Oh no! How do you stop this thing?" He ran over to the controls and started frantically looking for something that could stop this machine. "Trunks! What did you do?"

"I-I just accidentally pressed this red button over here." Chibi Trunks stuttered.

"Trunks, that's the launch button! Great, we're in a launched time machine and I have no idea where we're going and what year we're going to land in. Just great!" Gohan seethed.

"Daddy, what's going on?" chibi Pan's voice small because her dad was so angry. Tears started to well up in her eyes. Gohan sighed and sat down on the chair beside chibi Trunks. He picked chibi Pan up and placed her on his lap.

"Panny listen, we're just going on a little trip in time and it will be fun! Just like a field trip. Except to another timeline." Gohan told his daughter.

"Cool! I've never been on a field trip in time before!" chibi Pan cried happily. Gohan gave a small smile at his daughter's enthusiasm.

"Gohan, do you know where we're going to land?" Chibi Trunks asked.

"I have no idea. We'll land wherever Bulma programmed this machine to go. Well, I'm glad at least she added rooms to the time machine. This way, we'll be a lot more comfortable and get beds to sleep in while we wait for the time machine to land." Gohan said.

Chibi Trunks hung his head. "Gohan, I'm really really sorry. I shouldn't have dragged Pan in here and fooled around. And now, we're stuck in the middle of nowhere and we might not even have any- FOOD! What if we don't have food? We could be stuck here for days and I'll die without any food!" Trunks exclaimed.

"OK, calm down, I'll go check to see if this place has a kitchen of some sort." Gohan opened a door and saw that it led into a hallway with a series of doors. Chibi Trunks and Pan followed. Gohan opened the first door to the right and saw that it was a large bathroom and then closed the door. He opened another one to the left and saw that it was a large bedroom with a huge bed in it. The furnishing was very nice and the walls were painted a deep blue color. "OK, someone can have this room right here. Who wants it?" Gohan asked.

"I do! I do!" chibi Trunks shouted excitedly.

"Alright Trunks, you can have this room. Now lets keep searching for the kitchen." Gohan led the way to the third room down the hall and opened the door to reveal a humongous kitchen with an island counter in the middle. There were two refrigerators and a large stove. Chibi Pan ran over to the refrigerator and pulled the huge door open with her little hands.

"Hey! There's no food in here! Just a lot of capsules!" She started sniffling. "I'm hungry!" (A/N: I don't want to make chibi Pan seem like a little crybaby or weak but try to remember she is only 6 right now and they tend to still be a little weepy at that age) Gohan and chibi Trunks rushed over to the fridge and peered inside. The inside was indeed filled with capsules from top to bottom.

"Oh no! There's no food in here!" chibi Trunks wailed and then he rushed over to the second refrigerator and opened the door. "This one is full of capsules too! Man, why did my mom put so many capsules in the refrigerator?"

"Hold on you two. Let's just see what's in the capsules first." Gohan said and took one of the capsules out of their holder and tossed it to the ground. A full coursed meal fit for one saiyan appeared.

"Yay! Food! Can I eat it daddy? I'm really hungry!" chibi Pan exclaimed as she rubbed her tummy.

"Yeah sure, go ahead," Gohan said as he pulled out two more capsules for chibi Trunks and himself.

After everyone was finished, they all found their way to their separate rooms and fell fast asleep.

**********

Gohan was rudely jerked awake as the ship started shaking madly. His door burst open as chibi Trunks and Pan ran in. "Gohan, what's going on?" chibi Trunks shouted.

"I'm not sure, but I think we might be landing soon. Just let me go check." Gohan said and picked up chibi Pan and ran out of the room with chibi Trunks hot on his tail. They reached the main control panel and Gohan's smart side started kicking in. It was a good thing his mother had made him take all those computer classes when he was in college since most of the big companies in the world used computers. He quickly typed in something and a large screen appeared and stated that they were to land in five minutes. "OK you two, we need to strap ourselves in on the seats because we land soon." Gohan exclaimed as he grabbed chibi Pan and strapped her in and turned to see chibi Trunks already settled. He quickly sat in the main seat in front of the controls and strapped himself in tightly just as the ship started shaking harder than ever. This kept going for about another 3 minutes before everything started to calm down and finally stop. "Is everyone OK," Gohan asked.

"Yeah" They both answered.

"Well then, I guess we should take a look around outside." Chibi Trunks ran to the door of the ship and opened it to see a big area and a building behind them that read `Capsule Corporation.' Chibi Trunks gasped as he saw his home but instead of the usual new looking and shiny building, it was dirty and even had a hole through the wall in the front of it.

"What happened to my house?" Chibi Trunks asked no one in particular. Gohan put a hand on his shoulder.

"Well, we're in another timeline so we don't know what has happened here. Remember, this isn't our timeline." Gohan tried to comfort chibi Trunks.

"Yes, I know, but it's still hard to see your house so different then what you left it as, even though you know it's not really your house." Chibi Trunks stated sadly. He suddenly felt a familiar presence behind him.

"Excuse me! Who are you?" someone called out to the three of them. They all turned around to be faced with… Bulma? She suddenly gasped as she saw chibi Trunks. "Omigosh!" She walked closer to them. "Trunks?" she said.

"Mom? What are you doing in this timeline?" Chibi Trunks asked.

"Oh my! You three aren't from this time are you?" Bulma demanded to know.

"No, we aren't. We actually got here by accident. We didn't mean to time travel." Gohan stated. Bulma looked at him curiously. She thought he looked extremely familiar. She decided to voice her question.

"Who are you? I don't mean to be rude but…"

"Oh I'm sorry Bulma! I guess you didn't recognize me! I'm Gohan and this is my daughter Pan," Gohan said as he looked down towards his daughter who was holding his hand.

"Gohan?!!! Oh, you look so different from the Gohan I knew here. And you have a daughter of your own! She's so adorable! Who's her mother?" Bulma asked curiously, wondering if Pan had the same mother but then mentally smacked herself because she knew the answer. Gohan Blushed.

"Videl Satan."

"Oh yes, that should be right since that is Pan's mother here too. Oh! You ARE from the timeline that I sent Trunks back to save are you not?" Bulma questioned.

"Yes we are. And if it were not for Trunks, we would all probably be dead by now." Gohan smiled at her. Wait a minute… did she just say Pan existed here too? "Bulma, did you say that Videl was Pan's mother here too?"

"Yes, you and Videl met in this timeline too. You didn't know? And Pan was born too…" Bulma's voice trailed off.

"What's wrong mom?" Chibi Trunks asked his future mom. Bulma smiled at her small son.

"Well, we're having a bit of a problem with our Pan right now. You see, in this time, my Trunks and your Pan had bonded." Bulma smirked.

"WHAT? What do you mean they bonded?" Gohan thought that was too weird considering that he has a chibi Pan and Trunks standing next to him right now and he could never imagine them growing older and then bonding. Bulma waved her hand to quiet Gohan down.

"You had died in this time along with Videl and so we felt it was out duty to take Pan in and take care of her but the problem is, we had never met her and we also didn't have a picture so it was extremely hard trying to find her. But as luck would have it, we did manage to find Pan after a few years and she lived here with us for a year and she and Trunks got really close and they soon fell in love and bonded. But something happened." Bulma then looked away as her eyes were starting to well up with tears.

"What? Then what happened?" Gohan demanded.

"Well, it happened just a little while ago. They were out training and an accident occurred and now we can't find her anywhere. And I'm also so worried about Trunks. He hasn't been himself since she had went missing and I don't know what to do." Gohan tightened his grip on chibi Pan's hand imagining her missing and him not knowing where she was.

"Ow! Daddy! Let go, you're hurting me!" Chibi Pan yelled.

"Oh, I'm sorry sweetie," Gohan turned back to Bulma. "Don't worry Bulma, we'll help you and Trunks find her. I don't think I can rest until I do. I mean, she may not be my actual daughter but she still is in a sense."

"Thank you so much! You don't know what this means to me!" Bulma gave Gohan a quick hug.

"Hey Gohan, what's bonding?" Chibi Trunks asked.

"Uh…well, I don't know if you should know yet. Why don't you ask your mother when we get back to our own time huh?" Gohan quickly walked away, not wanting to be asked any ore embarrassing questions.