Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Saiyan Rebirth ( Chapter 56 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Royal Namekian Blues
By Trynia Merin
Genre: SciFi, Adventure, Romance
Pairing: Raditz/ OC Vegeta/Bulma
Disclaimer: I don't own the Manga or the Anime Dragon Ball Z. Toriyama does. I make no money from writing this story and my character Dr. Stellari, Fermi and Bohr mean no harm to the series. Many thanks to Butterfly V for her suggestions in this story. My thanks also to Project Shadow, and everyone else who has reviewed, you know who you are. I am very grateful!
Rebirth
A slow rocking motion jarred Stellari. She yawned and curled up in the warmth of something soft against her face. Slowly she pressed her cheek into it more firmly and threw off the hand reaching out to grab her shoulder. Murmuring she turned over and felt strong-arms reaching around her to hold her. Instinctively she folded one arm under her face while her husband held her close against his armored body.
"Mmm," he rumbled.
"Wake up, you two! Wake up and introduce us to your female, whelp," someone nudged her. She blinked up to see the form of a familiar figure standing over her and Raditz.
"Go away, Fasha," grumbled Raditz. He tugged the thick bearskin more completely around himself and Stellari.
"What the… Raditz, where are we and who's this?" asked Stellari. Her back was stiff and she realized she still wore the blasted Saiyan armor.
"Your father's been up long since that small sun rose. The least you can do is eat and make yourself and your mate presentable so she can meet the rest of us," said the voice of the female.
"Father? I'm surprised he wishes to speak to me after last night," Raditz grumbled, sitting up. He did so gently so Stellari wouldn't have his comfortable solid body slip away so fast and deprive her of her pillow.
"Though I'm sure surprised to see you in that getup. So you're the woman that blowhard chose, huh?" the female laughed. Short-cropped hair moved over a shapely face. A gold earring hung from the right ear, while the left was covered with a green lensed scouter.
"And you would be Fasha?" Stellari asked as the female crouched on her haunches.
“Yep. You're Stellari, the human?” asked Fasha.
"It's too damn early," Raditz griped, raising his arms above his head and stretching. Stellari did the same, and felt her hands move to pick tangles from his hair.
"Let's offer you some of our kill to get you going," said the female brightly. A single gold strap passed diagonally from her left shoulder across her back to hold the black armor in place, overtop a pink sleeveless shirt. Her long legs were visible because she wore no leggings like Stellari's, but on her left knee was the long white of a knee piece. Hands were clothed in white gloves much like the Prince's, muscular arms crisscrossed with fine hairline scars.
“I suppose they want to go through the whole ritual of introduction," Raditz said.
"Gotta do things the right way, now that we're back," Fasha laughed. "And as for you pup, the Prince wants to talk to you."
"Don't worry precious one, it's another custom. You need to meet my parents and be accepted by the family and friends," Raditz yawned, then draped a reassuring arm around Stellari's shivering shoulders.
"Where did you come from? I mean since when did you land on Earth?" asked Stellari.
"Since last night," Raditz explained. "Don't worry love, everything's all right now. Fasha is a member of my father's team, as you well know…"
"Mmm, you look like you could use some food, both of you. You'd better hurry your tail over and meet with the Prince. Or else it's the worse for us, whelp," Fasha said. "I'll make sure your mate eats."
"I'm sorry love; will you be willing to stay with Fasha for the customary Introduction? I will explain more later. And don't be afraid, my father is harmless. Just heed what I've told you of Saiyan culture. All will be revealed!" Raditz reassured her with a kiss to her forehead.
"But… I go to sleep one moment and then the next… boom I'm in the cave! You have to at least sum up!" she glared at him. "And Fermi and Bohr are going to be worried sick."
"I'll give you a minute or two," Fasha excused herself. Other voices murmured and chattered in that same language that Fasha had spoken in. Stellari stuck a finger in her ear to dig out the nonexistence wax causing Raditz to chuckle.
"Where are my glasses?" she complained.
"Here," Raditz said, trying to slide them on her face. Unfortunately he almost poked her eye out when one of the temples jabbed precariously close.
"Nice try but let me," she chuckled, adjusting them. He reached for their scouters lying on the nearby rock ledge, and then passed one to her. Protesting she let him slip it over one ear, and then adjust it. Next Stellari tossed the fur blanket off herself. Crawling to her feet she attempted to stretch stiff muscles that arose from sleeping too long in one position. Overhead stretched the familiar rock walls of their 'hunting lodge' where she had slept with her family along with Nappa and his mate Launch.
"Raditz, you have a facility for expecting me to catch up without explaining zip," she mumbled, folding the skins like they were bed sheets.
"Father's team is sharing the cave here while the Prince meets with Commander Turles and the others," said Raditz. "I simply want you to spend time with my father's team so they can get to know you. There's nothing for you to fear. I'm not sure of all the details myself other then the fact that…"
"Last time that I spoke to you and Vegeta you were…"
"Hunting 21?" Raditz supplied. He leaned over and started to rub her shoulders. Stellari sat down on the skin again, sighing as she let him knead the knots from her stiff muscles.
"Yes," she said.
"The other Saiyans here were those sent for by Nappa and myself. Those that came to life in space to be rounded up by Turles ship. They are only the first of others. They arrived far sooner then Nappa and I expected," Raditz said. "But the Prince has asked me to tell you no more till he has spoken to me. In the meantime you can rest and eat breakfast with my father's crew."
"At least tell me if you found Bliss…" Stellari demanded, pulling on a long lock of his spiky hair.
"She is safe and well. Turles and the others managed to distract the one-called 17, and rescued her shortly after their pods landed. Vegeta and I did not know they had come till we saw the signal. Unfortunately for us it was Father's power ball. The Prince is rather angry they chose such a foolish signal, but it was unmistakable. But that is all I know because I was overcome with the Oozaru rage out of worry and surprise for being among my own kind."
"Raditz get your tail out here NOW!" barked Nappa. Poking his head in the cave he caught the attention of other saiyans who were slowly throwing off their skins and complaining.
"Shut up, and give us a moment!" yelled a hulking figure that was sitting up. Triple scratches graced his wide forehead.
"This is our kill, so don't try and swipe any! I know you're elite, but still…" grumbled a portly Saiyan with green vest and a sort of kilt made of animal furs. He crouched over a small fire crackling in the ring of stones only five feet in front of the cave. It was Raditz fire pit that he had made with Nappa months before. Now the large hulking scarred Saiyan was slowly standing up and wandering over to sit on one of the broad flat stones. Rapidly the portly Saiyan with a bowl cut was threading spits through chunks of what looked to be freshly skinned carcasses.
"You're going to eat your share of what you caught you third class idiots," said Nappa, tossing something down. "Raditz, the Prince doesn't like to be kept waiting! Why's it your sire gets up way earlier then you, eh?"
"Shut up I'm coming!" yelled Raditz. He pressed a soft kiss to Stellari's furrowed brow.
"Wait a minute!" Stellari complained, tottering to her feet. She rushed after her mate who was stumbling over stones and other half-sleeping Saiyans in his haste to reach the mouth of the cave.
"Hold it, girl, relax. You're staying here with us," someone said, seizing her shoulder. From out of nowhere Fasha seemed to have sprung, and her hand held Stellari back from chasing Raditz. Fasha was slender and muscular, but compact and strong like Prince Vegeta. It stunned Stellari to stride out with the other female Saiyan, ostensibly third class by her armor, into the midst of the unfamiliar figures clustering around the hunting lodge fire.
"Precious one, just stay with them. Trust me on this!" Raditz apologized. Nappa growled at him, and the two of them soon blasted off leaving them alone.
"All alone with these… Saiyans," Stellari shook her head.
"Well well, what have we here?" asked the muscular Saiyan with short spiky hair. His body stretched and glided under the blue of his dark coat of armor with groin guards. Around his upper left limb the white cloth band stretched and he shook off the skin covering him with a shrug of his shoulders.
"Raditz mate, Professor Stellari," Fasha said. "This is my mate, Torah."
"Ah, you're the scientist," said Torah. He yawned, waiting for Fasha to lean over and fold the animal skins and pull them to the side. Stellari got on her left knee and extended her left hand towards them, not making eye contact.
"No need to be so formal, Big Brain, we're all the same rank," said Fasha. "In fact you slightly outrank us. We're just soldiers."
"You're the Professor," said Torah.
"Heh, you look far less repulsive them most of the puny apelings on this planet," chuckled the portly Saiyan.
"Don't be rude, Shugesh. Now she's related to our fearless leader," Torah grinned.
"Don't just stand there, sit down and eat, big brain," Fasha said, motioning her to follow them outside and sit on the stones around the fire pit.
"The loudmouth's Shugesh… and the clown getting the Gwarajaa juice is Borgos," said Fasha, motioning with one arm. "Bark's worse then their bite."
“He's the other lazy bum who got up a bit later then you and your mate did,” Torah teased.
"I see," Stellari chuckled weakly. She sat where Fasha indicated with a point of her finger. Once the other female had sat down, Stellari took a place near her. Torah perched on the same stone as his mate, nudging her playfully over with an armored hip.
"Stellari," she said. "Don't mind me staring, but you're the first female Saiyan other then Bliss I've seen. And you guys are…"
"Real live Saiyans," Torah chuckled.
"Here's your share," Shugesh grunted. He grabbed several spits that were already turning, while Borgos tipped the huge thermos jug to pour its dark foamy contents into several metallic goblets. They were formed from the same strange red metal as the band pushed up her arm. Low grade Aurite, Raditz had said.
"Nothing like a shot of Gwarajaa juice to get you going. Raditz said something about 'coffee,' but this has more of a kick then that brown brew the Prince's mate offered us," said Borgos. He picked up the goblets and passed them around. Then he lowered his bulk to sit on the stone midway around the circle. It left several flat rocks to his left and right. Shugesh continued to turn the spits and check the dripping juice.
"Here," Fasha handed one of the goblets to a dubious Stellari. She cupped the huge drinking vessel between her two hands and peered into the content. Raditz had spoken of this beverage, and she sniffed the bitter tang laced with something sweet. Cautiously she took a sip, and then felt the burning bitter sting jolt her.
"Whoa, that's… like expresso," Stellari laughed. The others tipped back larger swallows, sighing with the same satisfaction as someone who had sipped their morning jolt of Joe.
"You're one of the first female humans I've seen who isn't a scrawny weakling," Shugesh laughed.
Fasha prodded Stellari's thigh playfully; "Most of you are pretty scraggly. But you've at least got the coloring of a real Saiyan."
"Most people in West City are fair haired. But a lot of us are dark like you," said Stellari with a chuckle. "Just the luck of the genetic draw. Say, what are you doing on earth? Raditz said you were in space… and come to think of it why did he go nuts?"
"Long story, best told when the Prince says what's to be revealed," said Fasha.
“You mean you can't tell me?” asked Stellari in disbelief.
“Not to be unkind girl, but we're Third Class. The Prince will tell us what we need to know of this world when he decides to. And even though you're Raditz mate, we need to get to know you first before we can tell you,” Torah coughed.
“Nothing personal, girl…”
“Of course, it's a Saiyan thing,” Stellari nodded. “And since I'm human…”
“You got it. Pretty smart,” nodded Shugesh. “That happens any time a mate is taken that is not a native full blooded Saiyan. There's a period for adjustment.”
"Never mind that I can tell you all you want to know about this planet," Stellari rolled her eyes.
"True, Big Brain, but the Prince wants us to get used to our new environment little by little," Fasha interrupted her after wiping her mouth with a gloved fist. In the other she clutched her shimmering metal goblet half drained.
"You wouldn't let a beast into a game park without letting it have what it needs to survive, would you?" Torah suggested. He got up for a moment to assist Shugesh in thrusting more spits through large chunks of game animal that Shugash sliced off the bone with his ki.
"Bardock learned that from the Prince, that's what you Humans do on this planet. To make sure there's enough game to hunt, you let out animals that were bred in what you call zoos?" Shugesh asked her.
"Yes," Stellari nodded.
"When the Prince sees that it's time, he'll tell you what to tell us. We've got to get acculturated to your planet since we're not going to be… taking over," said Borgos.
"And all your weird human customs we have to learn. We're going to be staying here for a while. And you're going to be the one to teach us about your planet's norms and habits, even though they're weird," Torah informed her.
The hunting lodge was host to four of them arranged in a semicircle. While she continued to sip her morning drink, she caught sight of four gleaming spheres with red glass near the cave. To her shock she recognized them as Saiyan space pods. One of them hissed, its huge semicircular hatch wheezing down with the visible pistons. From inside the nearest one another female shook long hair out of her face and crawled her way out.
"Good morning!" she called. "I hope there's enough left! That mate of mine dropped some of the kill off last night didn't he?"
"Wouldn't you know?" asked Shugesh, glancing up from his task. Sweat beaded on his chubby face, dripping off his moustache and beard onto the dirt floor of the improvised hearth. Sizzling meat hissed and crackled turning steadily golden from its raw appearance.
"Don't drink it all," Fasha whispered to Torah. "Here's Bard's mate. You know she's going to want her fair share!"
"Already poured," Borgos said, hefting the thermos over one shoulder. He clenched another goblet; this one fashioned from what appeared to be an animal's tusk, and expertly tipped the stream of Gwarajaa into it for her.
"Finally, some real food and drink, instead of that capsulated drek," the alto voice echoed. As she approached, the new female glanced at Stellari oddly. Borgos cracked open bones to suck out the marrow. Sugesh slurped his marrow out like it was a pixie stick.
"Humph, a scientist type. Some humor," laughed the other female. Long hair cascaded down her back, and she strode up to look at Stellari. A hand reached down to press to her forehead and Stellari blinked up into brown eyes and shapely lips. The features were much like her mates, but the curves filled out the armor much like her mate's. A silver ring encased her leg in the same position as Raditz, while she wore a matching arm ring on her left upper arm. Unlike Raditz style of armor, hers had the typical feminine 'v' notched out to show small curved breasts. Long shapely legs tapered into the thigh high black boots.
"Ma'am," Stellari said. "How are you this morning?"
"Not too shabby planet you have here," she said, nudging her. "You may share my kill, Professor."
"What do I call you?" Stellari asked, blinking at Raditz and Goku's mother very much alive.
Kinoha threw her head back and laughed much in the fashion of her elder son. "Properly you'd call me Mother, small one. But I see you're not so young after all. I'd feared he'd chosen some whifty headed idiot, but you're quite different. And had a few brats by the look of you. Nicely done. Didn't think he'd pick someone, whose intelligence was counted in triple digits."
"This is really confusing the hell out of me," Stellari groaned. The other Saiyans returned to the task of stuffing their faces with freshly grilled meat roasting on spits. Fasha leaned closer to Torah so her shoulder touched one of his lighter blue epaulettes. She adjusted the white band tied around her upper arm, in the same position as his.
"Don't look so scared, girl. Father's anxious to meet you, considering what he's heard from Radz," said Kinoha with a chuckle. Her voice held the note of a female who took no opposition from most males. It stunned Stellari to see a woman presumably older then she, but who looked Chichi's age.
"Eat something, milady?" laughed Borgos. Kinoha accepted her goblet from Borgos, tipping her head back to sip a mouthful. Long hair almost touched the back of her legs.
"Never seen so many Saiyans in one place is that it, woman?" asked Shugesh.
"Shut up, Shugesh," Kinoha grunted at him. She drew a long sharp knife from her boot and used it to slice more meat off the beast she had on a long spit at her foot. Stellari accepted the piece with a nod and grunt equivalent to a 'thank you'.
"That mate of yours not doing his job?" Torah laughed.
"Stellaring, all of these apes you see work for Father naturally," Kinoha explained. "Fortunately I only see them during eating. I work for Turles."
"All hail the commander, not," grunted Shugesh.
"Shh, he might hear you," Borgos mumbled.
"So what?" Shugesh spat out a bit of cartilage. "He's one of us, with a few upgrades."
"I don't think Bardock's going to let him forget," Torah joked.
"Spare me," laughed Kinoha, her deep alto laugh a higher pitch but identical to Raditz harsh cackle. "You know my mate always resented him. But he's not the one whose bed I warm."
"And we're all the better for that, aren't we? Cause we don't have to hear him bitch and whine. Remember how he used to chase after her like a Cestus who…" started Shugesh.
"Shhh!" hissed Borgos, whacking him in the back of the head.
"What was that?" Kinoha blinked at him.
"Lighten up, will you?" Torah urged with a chuckle. "Besides, you care to repeat that to him since he's standing behind you?"
"That bum has a sick sense of humor," laughed another male voice in Saiyanese. The face that had drifted often through Stellari's shared memories with Raditz glanced at Kinoha with a fierce fanged smile.
"Bardock, finally you're done with the Prince?" she smiled warmly as the figure the same height as Goku stepped in from the bright sunlit day. Eclipsed against the morning sun through the trees his spiky hairstyle eerily echoed that of his younger son.
"Just Shugesh being an ass, as usual. You really SHOULD keep a better leash on your squad," Kinoha said, standing up and striding over to him. Bardock closed the gap and stood beside her, his arm resting only lightly on the curve of her back.
"Fine, be a bitch in front of my men," Bardock groused. "And you there Professor? Are you the one my son mated?"
"Yes sir," Stellari swallowed hard, almost choking on her meat.
"Don't look like a deer in headlights little one, I just want to get a better look at you," Bardock laughed. Stellari nervously glanced over to where her 'father in law' stood with dark eyes scrutinizing her every detail. His face dipped before hers, his nostrils flaring as he brought his nose in proximity to hers. Musk from his strong body delicately passed over her own sense of smell, almost resembling her own mate's. The bottomless midnight gaze sent tingles of both fear and excitement while they sized her up.
"Er… this is… very confusing," Stellari said. "You mind telling me what the hell is going on?"
"Don't tell me that son of mine didn't explain to you, girl," Bardock groaned, shaking his head.
"I'm dreaming, I must be," Stellari mumbled.
"Go easy on him, he isn't quite himself," Kinoha shushed him.
"He said that I was to be 'introduced to you'. And that I should keep my lip zipped about my planet. Though just why escapes me," she muttered.
"If anything you'll tell me, first. You call me Father, small one. And she is your Mother," Bardock said quietly, grasping Stellari's shoulder. "This isn't easy for us to adjust to this little world. It's far nicer then we thought, but we aren't used to living with such weak beings. Even though they… you look like us."
"Are you going to sit there and catch up on family warmth?" Torah called.
"Before you bums eat everything in sight leaving me with squat? Not likely," Bardock laughed, pushing his way to sit in the midst of his squad. Kinoha grasped Stellari's arm and gently dragged her to sit on Bardock's other side.
"Eat with us, Stellaring. You've been invited," Kinoha urged. More meat was shoved into Stellari's shaking hands. Bardock's own armor was a direct copy of hers, but there was another addition. Gold straps bound his red wristbands and ankles, and she saw the glint of a silver ring on his upper arm that matched Kinoha's. Instead of black, Bardock's breastplate was now a forest green while Stellari's was black.
"So Father, what do you think about my mate?” said Raditz quietly, standing in the clearing just outside the cave. Stellari leapt off her rock. She rushed forwards and into his arms. Raditz caught her around the hip, and urged her to sit once more.
"Hmm," Bardock nodded. "Very stubborn but good considering what this world has to offer. You've done a good job training her. I'm surprised."
"Now are you going to explain more since I've met the parents? Like what happened to 21?" Stellari glared at him.
"My boy, it's good to see you survived whatever ailed you," said Kinoha, striding over and reaching up to stroke her son's face.
"Mother, not in front of the warriors," he ground through gritted teeth. "First things first."
"Humph yes. You look dizzy girl. Eat something more, you've hardly touched a thing!" Bardock snorted, watching Raditz gently guide Stellari back to sit on the broad flat rock near his father and mother.
"But we don't eat hardly as much as you Saiyans do!" Stellari grumbled. Kinoha grabbed another spit from the fire, and handed the skewer over to Raditz.
"Humor them, love. It's rude to refuse meat from our parents," said Raditz, tearing off a chunk of meat and waving it before her. Before she could protest a bit of meat was shoved past her tongue, sweetly invading her palate with its crackle pulpy goodness. A burst of unusual flavor shot past her lips and she chewed and swallowed greedily. Sometimes it was hard to know how hungry a person was till they ate again.
"You're rather impatient, Stellaring," Kinoha said.
"I still need to eat my fill before I can properly listen. Stories are best told not on an empty stomach, Stellari. I will tell you what we know, but you must let us do it in the Saiyan way, in our own time," Bardock grunted. Kinoha's boot stepped on something that crunched, and Stellari saw her lean down to pick it up. The meat dripped hot juice on Stellari's gauntleted hand, and she yelped, sucking her fingers. Raditz took her hand, passing her the skewer and shoving it in her face while he licked the juice from Stellari's slight burn.
"So Raditz tells me you've given him some brats, eh Stellari?" asked Kinoha, rapidly changing the subject. Frustrated, Stellari barely held her temper in check.
"Huh, wondered when he'd go about it. Two of 'em right? I hope they look like Saiyans," said Bardock quietly.
"Bardock, knock it off. You know there were no Saiyan females before we… came back," Kinoha scolded him. He frowned, and growled under his breath.
"Where are you off to, you lazy bum?" Bardock called lazily from where he sat eating his kill.
"To throw another kill on the fire. That thing was hardly worth sharing among the six of us," Shugesh complained.
"I think there's some of that what do you call it…" Torah cupped his hands around his mouth.
"Bear," Fasha said, nudging her mate in the ribs. Another morsel of meat was shoved into Stellari's opening mouth, preventing another question. Bardock slowly picked his teeth and kicked at something on the ground. It flipped over, gleaming spectral in the light shining in through the cavern's mouth.
"Father you will see them, as soon as the Prince gives us leave to do so," said Raditz. "And don't worry precious one, they will be quite surprised to see they are not the only Saiyans in this world besides Kakkarot's son."
"Grandchildren. About blasted time, eh Torah?" Fasha teased.
"Last time I checked your mate was all warm and fuzzy about family bonds," Torah said.
"Shut up. Must you constantly remind me of that?" Bardock groused, sitting up.
"He's just rattling your cage, pay him no mind," Kinoha laughed.
"Screw you Torah," Bardock smiled sardonically. "An ape can change his mind, can't he?"
"What in the name of the Legendary is this?" Kinoha grunted, leaning over to pick up what she had stepped on.
"Oh, just the carapace of that insectiod life form we found and killed last night," said Bardock casually.
Tucked in his teeth was a bit of straw he chewed on. Kinoha turned over the hard bit of shell, then sat down next to her reclining husband. He had stretched out on the floor of the 'hunting lodge'. Kinoha tossed the shell down, and then moved behind Bardock to shift his head and shoulders to her lap.
"Insectiod life form?" Stellari blinked at Raditz.
"Yes
"21? Hardly the name of a fearsome creature!" Shugash chimed in. Another loud crunch sounded from the portly Saiyan rising from the rock and shuffling out into daylight.
"Damn it Raditz, will you TELL me what happened with 21 or not?" Stellari impatiently grunted.
"Young one, it's the time to rest. After you pulled my son out of that rant last night, you should take it easy!" Kinoha urged Stellari.
"Yes, I'll explain after you eat your fill," said Raditz. Stellari felt him pull her into his lap and she felt his body warmth around her in the shivering cold.
"As I was saying, this 21 ran into someone quite unexpected," Raditz cleared his throat, interrupting his father's banter with his teammates.
"Then he's… been vanquished?" Stellari asked.
"Whatever it was called, it tasted passable," Borgos belched, and excused himself.
"You mean after you and Bardock almost trampled it?" Torah joked.
"Raditz, what are they talking about?"
"Anything with a number for a name you'd think would taste like drek," Fasha laughed.
"It's Saiyan custom for the members of a team to share first kill when they make planet fall," Raditz explained. "And the Prince and I had not thought we'd encounter Father's team landing here as part of Turles advance party."
"I told you he'd want the head as a trophy, Bardock," Torah said after he chewed and swallowed another morsel of meat that Fasha handed him. His tongue darted over her fingers, and she gave him a saucy wink.
"Great, don't tell me he'll take the credit for killing it. That bastard was one tough beast," Bardock grunted. He leaned back into his mate's lap again, letting her dangle her long locks in his face playfully.
"This is one of the damn ugliest things I've seen," said Borgos picking something up and looking at it. "Since you're a native of this planet, woman, can you tell me what it is?"
"What's what?" she blinked.
"A Twenty one?" asked Borgos.
"Show her the head, you idiot. She can't tell from over there," Torah shook his head and rolled his eyes. Something sailed over and landed at her feet. Stellari leapt back with a gasp, and Raditz held her shaking body across his lap. It dawned on her that it was indeed something from her nightmares. Gold eyes stared up from an insectoid head, lifeless and dull.
"What do you think we've been eating, child?" asked Bardock. He pointed to the meat that some of them had been peeling off the bones, and bits of spotted shell on the floor of the cave. Stellari blinked in shock.
"That's what I was about to tell you. That thing hit me with its stinger, and started to drain my energy. It was then that they landed," said Raditz.
"But that was… that was the worst monster that this world had to offer," Stellari shivered.
"It was," Bardock grunted, sitting up. "Naturally I studied it while we were preparing to eat it. After the Prince said it was all right."
"The… prince?" Stellari got out. Bardock rose from his reclining position, then slowly stretched by reaching for the roof of the cave. Kinoha remained seated, her eyes questioning the shock in her son's mate's face.
"Stellaring are you well?" Kinoha asked.
"Mother, she doesn't understand," Raditz said, lightly stroking Stellari's bare back with his left hand. His right arm held her down from leaping up. Her blood ran cold, and she quaked all over spasmodically in Raditz strong arms. Bardock leaned over and picked up the head, turning it over in his hands.
"Nasty piece of work. Both beast and machine. But it's gone now," said Bardock.
"You… killed… 21…" Stellari whispered.
"He did, love," said Raditz quietly with pride beaming in his face. "And the Prince is going to address us all this morning formally."
"His orders were to rest and recover and become accustomed to the Earth in phases," said Bardock. "And you and this son of mine have much to show me about this world, and these other androids as you call them?"
"I… can't believe it," Stellari breathed, her heart pounding with fear and the thrill of something akin to hope. Seeing the horrible fate that was to befall them become dinner for the fierce Saiyans clustered in the cave hit her like a ten-ton weight. Weren't these 'low class' Saiyans with no powers approaching 'super Saiyan' level?
"But that thing was the strongest… it had all the cells of the greatest warriors of this planet!" Stellari spluttered.
"Not my team," Bardock smirked. "You forget girl, that we've fought all manner of alien terrors that make this thing look like just another animal to eat. I've not been brought back to life to let some monster cooked up by your primitive people destroy my family line. And neither has the Prince."
"There are others, Father," said Raditz quietly. "And much she doesn't understand. And Kakkarot."
"We will go see him and explain," said Bardock sternly.
"I want to see my younger brat," Kinoha said eagerly, standing up to grasp Bardock's shoulders and rub them. "You said he was a powerful warrior!"
"Far more powerful then you can imagine, Mother," Raditz said with pride. Stellari shivered at the gleaming light in the eyes of Bardock's team. As Bardock tossed the head of Cell to Borgos, the Saiyan rose and carried it out to the other warrior standing near the cave mouth.
"Are you done stuffing your faces, you idiots?" barked Vegeta. Stellari winced at the echo of the Prince's voice. All the Saiyans leapt up from their various rocks and dashed to the front of the cave, Raditz included. Stellari slid shakily to the ground and glanced around at all of Bardock's team and his mate saluting the proud figure. Vegeta's hair gleamed gold, his body wreathed in a warm gold aura of his Super Saiyan form.
"Your majesty!" Bardock said quickly.
"I… is it possible?" mumbled the others.
"So you have enjoyed the fruits of your service," said Vegeta.
"And we honor your presence with this trophy," Bardock said, his head inclined as he knelt twenty feet in front of the cave's mouth. Next to him was Kinoha, on his left, and Torah on his right. Fasha knelt next to her mate, leaving Raditz and Stellari directly behind Bardock, and Shugesh at the rear. Borgos rose from his crouch, carrying the figment of the human's worst nightmare.
"You honor me with your loyalty. As Prince of All Saiyans I accept your token of fealty to serve me faithfully," Vegeta nodded. He reached down to accept the head that Borgos held up to him, and stared down at it with a satisfied smirk. Next to him stood Nappa, his arms folded across his chest and the light of pride gleaming in his eyes.
He held the head above his, deep voice booming through the natural rocks. "See one of the fiercest creatures on this world fall before the Saiyan might!" Vegeta laughed. "We are born anew! And together we will hunt the remainders of its kin so that we may reclaim what was once taken from us!"
"Hail to the prince!" Bardock's team chorused, along with Nappa.
"And now I shall introduce you to she who is chosen to continue the royal line. You will follow her commands and swear your troth to her, my chosen mate," Vegeta said clearly. Out of the forested area strode Bulma in full armor with her hair bound up in the jeweled diadem, and a long silver cape around her shoulders. It partly concealed her armor, and Stellari's head spun to see Bliss holding up the cape from behind. Another figure also strode beside Bulma, his blue armor gleaming the hue of robins egg blue. Quiet but squirming, Baby Trunks blinked at the newcomers with confusion. Bulma saw Vegeta's sharp glare, and Bliss quietly took the baby Trunks into her arms.
Another doppelganger of Goku, Stellari reflected weakly. Raditz tail slid around her waist while his hand caught her from toppling over in shock. Nervously Bulma trained her crystal blue eyes on the assembled group of warriors bowing to her, and cleared her throat as Vegeta motioned her to stand next to him.
"Hail to the Royal Mate, and Mother of the Prince's son," said Vegeta clearly. "I present to you, the Favored one, the lady Bulma of Earth. The Princess."
"Hail to Bulma," the warriors chorused. Across Bulma's porcelain cheeks spread a rose hue, and she reached over to clutch the hand Vegeta extended to her. Into view Bliss carried Baby Trunks, who started to cry and reach for Bulma standing next to Vegeta.
"Mammamama!" Trunks wailed.
"And my royal heir, the son of the prince," Vegeta said. He tossed the head of his vanquished foe towards the blue armored Saiyan standing to Bliss left, and he neatly caught it. Then Bliss carried Trunks over and handed him to Vegeta. Proudly the Prince set Trunks on his hip, and rocked him slightly. Another chorus of 'hails' drowned out Trunks lusty cries, and Vegeta and Bulma's attempts to shush him.
Stellari's head spun, and she leaned heavily into Raditz's arms. While her mate clutched her close Kinoha and Bardock blinked at one another. Strong arms of her husband supported Stellari, granting her what he could of his warmth. "I can't believe it," she whispered.
"And now, we must draw our plans and settle other matters," Vegeta said, raising his hand for silence.
"Vegeta, what about Trunks and…" Bulma asked.
"A good question, Bulma," Vegeta glanced at her, giving her hand a squeeze. Bulma trembled in mingled fear and anticipation at the prideful gleam in her husband's teal eyes. She took Trunks from his father, holding him tightly. To see the prostrated warriors choked her in ways she could hardly imagine, and she sensed the exhilaration through the shared bond. Vegeta was riding high, and there was much she would have to explain to her friends.
"What now?" Stellari whispered to Raditz.
"You will see. The Prince is about to hold his council of war, and you will be asked to come," Raditz said. "After we introduce Father to Kakkarot, and our family."
"But what will the others think?" Stellari asked. Raditz mouth opened, and for once he had no answer to her question.