Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances And New Lives ❯ Enter Kino ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Second Chances and New Lives
 
A/N Remember, this is technically an Alternative Universe fic AND that it's totally a work in progress.
 
Chapter 2: Enter Kino
 
Since that night, Kalia has pretty much been one of the happiest girls around. She's been taking hone college courses and training. You should have seen the look on Chichi's face when her Orange Star diploma fell out of her backpack. 14 and already a high school graduate! Training is rough but so very fun and Kalia loves it to death. She's finally mastered flying for the most part and is learning how to use energy blasts. But enough of that status report, there's a story to tell here.
 
Today was Saturday. Kalia was pretty much ecstatic about this because it meant less studying and more training time with her father! Dad was not there at the moment though, so she scarfed down about 10 bowls of cereal and a few glasses of OJ waiting for him. She'd just finished her second glass of orange juice and last bowl of cereal when Goku walked in carrying a little boy with brown hair. At first Kalia didn't recognize the boy, and then she got a good look at his face and gasped.
 
“Oh my gods, another one? Dad was he by the la- Holy Shit!”
 
“Kalia, watch the language please, and what's the matter?” Goku asked his daughter with a confused expression.
 
“Th-tha-tha-that's my…” She hesitated for a moment, thinking to herself. `I really shouldn't say nephew, I know! I'll say he's my brother, and then they can adopt him too! Yeah!' She planned it. “That's my little brother…from the other realm. I can't believe it! And he's a half-sayajin too.”
 
“Your little brother?!” Goku exclaimed, definitely shocked as Chichi burst into the hallway yelling about waking up the whole damn countryside. “Chichi, this is Kalia's little brother!” Goku explained as he carried the child to Kalia's room and silently put him on the bed. Kalia just stood there, staring after her father. Since when does family members show up out of nowhere? Was her sister going to show up next? Her uncle maybe? She didn't know but she stood there, staring at her closed door where on the other side, her 8-year-old nephew, and now brother, slept peacefully in the realm of unconsciousness.
 
“Kalia, sweetie, would you mind sitting down with us in the living room for a moment?”
 
“Uh yeah, sure mom, be there in a sec.” Kalia said, reluctantly turning from the door and headed off to the living room to sit on the couch across from my parents. “I uh, guess you want some explaining right?” She asked quietly.
 
“Yes dear, what's his name for starters?” Chichi asked gently.
 
“Well his name, um, Kino and he's my little brother and he's 8. We have the same b-day and he was 7 when I showed up in June and it's almost October now. He was the only one I missed from the other realm and I'm glad he's here. If not a bit shocked.” She explained, giving her parents a half smile.
 
“Then I suppose we will adopt him too.” Chichi concurred. Kalia's eye's lit up and she hugged her mom with all her might. She then went to wait for Kino to wake up so she could tell him the good news.
 
((((((((((((((4 hours later)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
 
She sat there watching Kino sleep. She was overjoyed to have him here as they were incredibly close back in the other realm, don't get her wrong. Slowly, his eye's finally opened and he sat up in the bed, looking around wildly. That is until his finally settled on his aunt whom he loved so very much. He jumped into her arms and she hugged him very tightly, afraid that if she let go he'd disappear or some suck nonsense.
 
“Auntie! I missed you! Where are we?? How did I get here??” He started crying, poor kid.
 
“Shhhhh, it's okay. Believe it or not kiddo but you're in Goku's house! I ended up here about 3 months ago and I really missed you too! Goku found you by the lake just like he found me. Now listen closely to me. I told them you are my brother because they adopted me and so they are going to adopt you too. I told them my name is Kalia and yours is Kino. And…you're a half sayajin, just like me.” The minute she said he was part sayajin the little boy began jumping around the room doing this little happy dance thing.
 
After that they went to the kitchen, ate, talked, and started their life together. Training was going to be so much more fun now!
 
 
((((((((((((((((((((((Chapter Fin)))))))))))))))))))))))
It's oh so short, I know but I only needed to introduce the newest original character kiddies. Chapter 3 is longer and better. See ya later!