Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances And New Lives ❯ Stronger ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Second Chances and New Lives
 
Chapter 3: Stronger
 
Notes: (blah) means telepathic speaking
 
“Blah” means normal talking
 
`Blah' means it's someone's thought.
 
((((((((On with the story!)))))))))))))))))
 
 
Kalia was really enjoying this new life of hers, especially when Kino arrived. Goku let her teach him how to fly and both the brother and sister train together now. What was even cooler was that Kino ended up with a half tang that matched Kalia's katana so not only did she get to have a sparring partner with a sword, but she got to be the teacher too. Of course, Kino still had to study too, he was being home-schooled till high school but the kid was smart and he enjoyed it, most of the time. It's been several weeks after Kino arrived and the family has settled into a nice little routine.
 
Get up, have breakfast, study unless it's the weekend, lunch, train, dinner, training if time, shower, bed. At least on the weekdays, but on the weekends the kids had some time to themselves instead of studying. Oh yes…they worked hard to earn the free time considering Chichi the queen of education is there mother.
 
And today? Why today is Saturday, thank Kami.
 
(((((((((((((((((To early…not.)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
 
 
“(Huge arse yawn), Kino…wake up little bro.” Kalia said as she shook the kid lightly but got no reaction. “Kino, Get Up!” Still no reaction. “KINO! WAKE UP!” Still no bloody reaction. `Well then, time to bring out the big guns…' she thought to herself with a grin.
 
“DINNER!” She exclaimed, and safe to say, it worked. Kino sat up immediately, wide awake and looked around wildly.
 
“Dinner?? Where??” Kalia couldn't help but laugh; she was teary eyed from his reaction.
 
“Nowhere silly. But breakfast should be on the table. So lets go eat, remember, we got a lot of training to do today.” Kalia chuckled, punching Kino lightly on the shoulder and heading off to the kitchen. As she walked, Kino rushed by her in the form of a little blue clad blur and straight into his seat at the table. `I'd swear he really was Goku's son if I didn't know any better.' She chuckled top herself as she entered the kitchen and took her seat. Everyone dug in and soon it was time to train.
 
 
(((((((((((((((((((((Sibling rivalry? Not likely!))))))))))))))))))))
 
 
 
“Kalia, Kino, time to train you guys, come on!” Goku called cheerily as he walked out the door followed closely by his son and daughter. They flew to a clearing in the forest and started there training for the day. Training mainly consisted of sparring these days, and there favorite thing to do was spar, Kalia and Kino vs. there father, Goku.
 
These kids were something special.
 
((((Kalia's POV)))
 
We, my brother and I, flew up into the air and I threw a left but dad blocked it so I threw a right and he caught my fist so I kneed him in the stomach, or tried to. That did however cause him to let go of my hands. That was when Kino flew in and landed a kick to the shin as I landed a punch on the jaw. We went on like that for at least a couple of hours, both Kino and I landing punches and kicks and throwing in the occasional energy blast for good measure and variety, but then it was time for what I secretly called “Speed Practice.” Ki blasts rained down on the two of us from everywhere and we were trying to dodge them, avoid them, and maybe even blow a few of them up before they actually hit us. Key word here is “try” because it is NOT easy, especially with dad hovering several feet above us and letting blasts just fly away from him at will.
 
I dodged a blast coming the left and almost get hit from the right, twice, and vice versa. Suddenly a blast comes from below and as I dodged it, a blast from the left slammed right into me and it stung like HFIL! Then two more caught me off guard, one from the left and one from the right…AT THE SAME BLOODY TIME! I fell and made a nice dent in the ground as I watched Kino dodge about 4 blasts before falling and making a nice twin for my hole. As we slowly stood up, dad landed quietly behind us.
 
((((((((((((((((((((((Narrator POV))))))))))))))))))))))))))
 
Goku thought he had landed silently behind his kids, but truth is, they totally heard him. After all, sending down a rainstorm of energy blasts can make even the great Son Goku pant a little and sweat.
 
(Hey Kino, he doesn't know, we know, he's behind us.)
 
(Really?? Cool! Then what should we do??)
 
(Let him get closer then I'll roundhouse him and you and can jump in and uppercut him in the jaw, got it??)
 
(Yeah! Lets do it!)
 
(All right! Ready. Set. Go!)
 
Goku was about a foot behind then and it was time for action! Just as he was about to grab Kalia's arms she spun around and sent a jarring kick directly to his side. As her shocking kick connected with his side, Kino jumped forward and sent a left hook to Goku's jaw. Together the two managed to send Goku back a good 15 yards, he was completely caught off guard, which is probably how the kids managed to get him so good. When he stood back up, Kalia and Kino fell back into subtle, but none the less there, fighting stances, but all Goku did was laugh and smile that goofy smile of his that the kids had come to know, love, and even use.
 
“Wow, you two are a great team! I didn't even see it coming!” He laughed and praised the two children who exchanged glances for a second before smiling. Then Kino's stomach gave a huge growl, followed by Kalia's and lastly Goku's.
 
“Hehe…guess it's time for lunch.” Kalia said as she blushed.
 
Kalia, Kino, and Goku headed back home and ate quickly. Although Kalia still managed to eat politely, and not shovel it in like her brother and father. She wasn't even sure how she managed to have an appetite after watching those two eat…ugh. It was an hour later when the trio went back to training. For the next few months the training continued on and on. It got harder, rougher and longer but Kalia and Kino are the ones who insisted that it increase to such a level. Both learned the Kamehameha wave and each came up with there own special attacks. Signature moves that no one else would ever be able to come up with, mainly because no else had the souls and hearts of these two children, which is exactly what these attacks reflected.
 
Kalia's attack was very unique. She decided to name it Broken Heart and for very good reason. She would form a ball of crimson colored energy that resembled a heart and flashed as it were lightning and send it at great speeds towards the enemy. When it got about a foot from the enemy it would start to crack and send hundreds of thousands of small red energy bolts to all parts of the enemy's body and depending on the will of Kalia herself, the bolts could change size and sting, electrocute, burn, two options or all three. Which seemed almost like an instantaneous thing to the enemy because of the speed of the attack.
 
Kino's attack was also unique, as he was unique and he decided to call his attack Dragons Breath. It was a green fire that formed into the shape of a long dragon or snake and it would wind up his arm. He'd then shoot it off at his enemy with speed like that of Kalia's attack and it would then wrap around the enemy and engulf them in neon green flames. Honestly though, weather the enemy died or just got badly burnt was up to the flames which could adjust there heat according to Kino's will. The flames could be as hot as the surface of the sun, or as cool as cubes of ice.
 
The first time either Kino or Kalia used there attacks on Goku, he was blown away. There was also the fact that the kids really WERE a good team. They had a telepathic link and could definitely fight as a pair. They could combine moves, and do the exact same moves simultaneously, pulling a double assault. The brother and sister duo practiced and practiced until guessing the others move was second nature in fact. Now, they were nearly unstoppable but they didn't let the confidence go to there heads. They felt they couldn't be readier for those sayajins to arrive!
 
Kalia only hoped that the little brother who knew very well how to play that role kept her secret. Yeah…her crush on Vegeta, that's right. She didn't want ANYONE to know and made him promise to keep his mouth shut. After all, she had the power of hammer space and only the gods knew what she had hidden in there.
 
They were ready, or as ready as they could be. That's what their thoughts were the eve of battle. Kalia hoped to the high heavens and lowest pits of HFIL that they really WERE ready to face this greatest battle of their lives so far. She prayed to Kami every night that she and her brother and father would at least survive. Kalia was not as confident as her brother and father; she just chose not to show it.
 
She was too used to having to play strong and happy.
 
 
((((((((((((((((Chapter Fin)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
 
Remember folks…REVIEW ME! I'd like to know if this version is rightly better than the other because if it isn't I can just stop right now….unless you want me to continue with what I think is a better version because dears and darlings? Several things have changed and so has my writing style. But I do hope you enjoyed this chapter and enjoy the next! Give me ideas, give me praise, give me CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, after all, that's what a review is for right? Besides….if no one reviews then I assume no one reads it.