Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances And New Lives ❯ Round Two: Anger ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Second Chances and New Lives
 
Chapter 5: Round Two: Anger
 
 
Emotions. Vegeta had no idea of the power that the siblings Kalia and Kino held. It didn't matter weather the two were fighting separately or together, they were powerful kids. And there special attacks were impeccably strong, and when combined, well…he'd find out. Remember, these attacks work based upon the heart, the soul, and the will of the sender. Things like emotions, which Vegeta had come to believe, only hindered a fighter. He figured that things like love and sadness and anger only got in the way.
 
He was wrong.
 
These children thrived on emotion because they're power thrived on emotions. Vegeta had nearly killed Goku, the man they called father. He'd nearly killed Gohan, whom they called brother and Krillen who they'd come to calling an uncle. He'd been the cause of the deaths of 3 friends and one person whom the kids knew was a good person. The prince had just severely pissed off two half-blood, fully recharged sayajins with attacks, and a battle plan at their disposal.
 
Vegeta wanted a challenge? He'd get one.
 
(((((((((((((((Kalia's POV))))))))))))))))))))))
 
I faced him, my greatest nightmare and my greatest dream all in one: Vegeta, prince of the sayajins. I crouched down into my stance, Kino beside me doing the exact same thing. We were both sending the prince out most devastating death glares without even knowing it, staring him directly in the eyes. My voice was low, a growl because I was attempting to control the fear that might burst through at any moment.
 
“You. Will. Pay. For. This!”
His reaction? He arched an eyebrow and smirked at us. It was a cute smirk…ah! Back to reality! But we smirked back to his surprise and exchanged a knowing glance. Vegeta had no clue what he was up against!
“And what could a pair of idiotic half breed children possibly do? You're in the big league kiddies, and you are nowhere near strong enough to defeat me.
“Half-blood!” I phased out and back in right up in his face as I connected a hard left hook with his jaw.
“Full power!” I was out and Kino phased in, in my place with a quick but hard knee to the gut.
“Always underestimated!” Suddenly we were both there, on opposite sides of his chest, landing a hard kick per side at the exactly same times. I swear I heard a rib crack, one of HIS ribs!
And so it continued. We continued to send a barrage of punches and kicks in unison to the prince, each knowing exactly what the other was going to do, when they were going to do it and where the hit was going to land. Barring it really did land and didn't get blocked, we had a battle plan! Of course, Vegeta did manage to get in a really large number of really good hits on us too.
 
Vegeta by this time was getting ferociously angry, not that that surprised us or anyone else I'm sure. Suddenly, VERY suddenly we found ourselves under a barrage from him. Of Ki blasts! Red and white ki blasts were raining down upon us thicker than even practicing with dad! Crap! I dodged all I could, as did Kino but we got more than burned in the process of surviving that storm. My arms, my legs, my stomach, my back, it all stung like hell and I could see burns all over Kino's body as well. The smell of burnt fabric, singed skin and burnt hair really is disgusting…and strong. Vegeta was breathing heavily though, he didn't have any thing to help him recharge like we had.
Just like us, he did not look too good. His battle suit looked like it had seen much better days, it looked like our clothes. It was full of large and small holes, burns and cuts littered his body, and he was bleeding from several places. His armor was cracked like the asphalt in a mall parking lot and a shoulder pad had broken off completely.
`Now or never…if we keep fighting like this we wont have much strength left and he'll win.' I thought to myself, and I was right. If we kept fighting then Kino and I wouldn't have enough energy left to do our special attacks, our finale if you will. And now was our time to do it, while Vegeta was trying to recover his breath thinking we were in the same stage of exhaustion. Well, we almost were.
(Kino, it's now or never little bro._
(You really think we can pull it off sis? I really ain't so sure…)
(Dad thinks we can do it, he has faith in us and so do I. Let's finish this thing now….if we wait any longer we wont have the energy to pull it off.)
(All right. If you really think we can do it.)
(I do, now start charging up)
(Okay…)
We charged up, subtly but still we did it. Vegeta was probably getting suspicious now though, after all…bright green and crimson energy is hard to miss. I had the crackling red ball growing in my hands and there was a bright green dragon curling around Kino's arm.
(On the count of three Kino, we release our attacks in perfect harmony. Ready, set…One. Two. THREE!)
“Broken Heart!”
“Dragons Breath”
We let our attacks fly at Vegeta in perfect harmony, speaking in tune with each other and willing the attacks to severely injure the prince, but not kill him. I couldn't kill him, it just wasn't in me, but I know he really got hurt.
Almost immediately, Vegeta was surrounded by a swirling green dragon shaped vine of fire as my blast of red energy engulfed his body in it's crackling, lightning like energy. It broke as it engulfed him in it's heart shaped abyss, sending millions of lightning bolts of red energy to strike all the parts of his body they possibly could. And while this happened, the dragon flame winding around his body suddenly engulfed his entire body in the bright green flames, flames hot enough to burn, hot enough to hurt, hot enough to drain but not hot enough to truly burn. Flames designed to hurt, but not to kill.
It was an amazing site.
We were drained after that though. I fell to my knee's completely spent, leaning on my sword for support. Kino fell to the ground in pure exhaustions, conscious but really not in the mood to move, at all. Vegeta collapsed to his back as well, he was just as wiped out as we were and he was beaten, he knew it but didn't want to believe it. He looked as bad as we did, if not worse and I actually felt kind of bad for him. The almost but not quite kind of, kind of.
I'm just a naturally heartfelt person.
Then Vegeta pulled out that little remote that we all know calls his pod to him. Any good DBZ fan would recognize it in an instant and I am certainly no exception to that rule. And low and behold, two minutes later the pod landed something like 10 feet from him, or it looked like it was about 10 feet. It was amazing, and really sad to watch the almighty Prince Vegeta…struggling to crawl to his pod in pain and muttering to himself about the embarrassment of losing to us of all beings and how he was weak and blah, blah, blah. I could not stand it! I pushed myself all the way up and using my sword to balance with and the many bolders for more support, I stumbled towards him. I'm guessing it was the fact that I still had my sword with me, in my hands, that gave dad the thought that I might be planning to kill him.
Remember, daddy doesn't know I'm nearly full blown in love with Vegeta.
(Kalia, don't kill him. Show him mercy, show him you and all of us are better than that.)
(Relax dad, the sword is just so I don't fall over. I admire his strength and determination. I am half sayajin after all.)
(That's my girl.)
I stumbled over to Vegeta and tried to help him get to the pod. The key word here is “Tried” because he would slap away my helping hands. He never could take a helping hand from anyone now could he? Nope, don't think so.
“Stay away girl! I don't need your help or your pitty!” He hissed as he punched me in a final attempt to get me to stop trying to help him. I just came back and tried again, I'm not giving up on his ass.
“Vegeta, you are so bad off you can barely crawl! I am helping your stubborn sayajin ass now matter what so you better just deal with it!” We finally managed to get to his pod 20 minutes later. “See? It would have taken you twice as long without my assistance. Now go, and leave this planet and it's population alone. For good. Unless you want another beating.” I chuckled under my breath a bit at that one.
“You fools! I'll be back.” He sneered as he positioned himself in the pod. “But until then, I think I will take a lovely little souvinere!” As he said this, he grabbed me around the waist and pulled me into the pod with him.
My mind at this moment: OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK????!!!
“HELP!” I could say no more as the door closed and the pod lifted me off.
“KALIA!!!!” Both my father and my brother yelled in vain. I was no longer able to hear them.
I was weak. I was too weak from the fight and my attack to fight him, but apparently he had enough strength to pull me into the pod after him, man, irony really sucks. This was an incredibly uncomfortable situation for me, I had a crush on him, okay more like loved him, he KNEW it because of Kino's big mouth even during battle and I was now seated ON HIS LAP! In a very TINY space, crushed up against his chest. Vegeta was just staring down at me and I refused to look him in the eye's. I don't know why exactly, but I suddenly burst into tears.
 
I hadn't cried in a long time, not since I was 10. In fact, I'd taken on a Vegeta like style with my arms crossed over and a constant scowl or look of boredom on my face. I was rude, I was unsociable, I was untouchable emotionally and physically. But I just couldn't take it anymore. I had just been kidnapped from the family that had given me a second chance. The second time I'd lost a family, a family that I truly loved and a world where I actually fit in!
I couldn't take it anymore.
“YOU MONSTER! YOU VILE CREATURE! I finally get the family I deserve, a family I love and you rip me away from them! How could you?! H-how could y-you…” I was unable to finish the sentence. Tears ran from my eye's and down my cheek like warm waterfalls, soaking what was covering Vegeta's chest and mine.
Vegeta just looked at me with an eyebrow raised.
He didn't know what he should do at this point. He didn't expect me to start crying and rant and rave at him. He expected me to fight back, struggle, something! Something he knew how to counter, how to deal with! Not tears!
I half expected him to hit me across the face, but instead he reached up and wiped the tears away from my eyes. I looked up, shocked and stared into dark ebony colored eye's, amazing eyes. I hicuped, blushed and then looked back down towards his chest, my hands idly splayed against the charred blue fabric and his skin. Vegeta then reached past me to the controls and set a course, more than likely for Freiza's base as we were both in bad need of a Regeneration Tank. But again he shocked me as he hooked me up to the rejuvinator, and then used a secondary on himself. I smelled lavender and in an instead I was asleep, curled up in his lap with my head on his shoulder.
((((((((((((((((((((((Narrator POV)))))))))))))))))))))))))
The pod flew through space heading off to none other than Freiza's base which was more of a space station. Kalia never knew Vegeta had wrapped his arms around her smaller form as he too fell asleep. It would take a while to reach there first destination and so they were stuck like that for quite a while. Kalia dreamt a lot, she dreamt of her family, both of them. Vegeta dreamt too, but his dreams were slightly darker, more haunting images.
Dreams of pasts that could never be forgotten and futures that depended on everything.
(((((((((((Chapter Fin))))))))))))))))))))))
Avi: Finally! I've been waiting for these chapters!
Kalia: I know! The beginning of this story was sooooo slow!
Avi: Oh that hurt Kalia.
Kalia: I'm sure it did. Now get to work on the next one!
Avi: I'm going I'm going! Geeze….I'm the author here! Not you!
Kalia: And…?
Avi: -grumbles- I'll get you one day…-goes to work on the next chapter-
Kalia: Remember to review her! Please!