Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances And New Lives ❯ Slightly Embarrasing ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Second Chances and New Lives
Avi: The song is NOT mine. I got it off one of the blue BSB cd's burger king handed out YEARS ago and thought it kind of sounded cool. Course…I was a BSB fan then and now I can't even believe I ever listened to that pop junk. Also, the lyrics are bolded, that is if the bold actually shows up on Avi, honey, did you HAVE to keep this chapter in the story? I mean really…
Avi: Why yes indeedy do I did. And I for one think it's a cute chapter. Now where's Kino at, he broke my Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge album and needs to pay dearly! -Evil laughter-
Kalia: -flatly- He's hiding under the sink in the kitchen.
Kino: -From under the sink in the kitchen- TRAITOR!
Avi: -Evil grin, runs off to maim Kino. - Muahahahahahaha!
Chapter 8: My Religions Love
Kalia woke up before Vegeta did and was a bit disoriented. No nighttime can really throw a person's sense of time off its rocker. She estimated about 4, maybe 5 hours of sleep based on where the two suns were at the moment, but it was a best guess type of thing so it may have been more, or less. Basically, she guessed on how refreshed she felt when she woke up because telling time by sun position was not exactly her strongpoint. Now though, she was damned hungry so she went out to test the fruit on the trees and the berries on the bushes. As she got closer to the trees, the sun glinted off the fruit making it shine brightly and slightly metallically which distracted the young half-breed. She stood there, staring at the shiny fruits in wonderment, her head cocked slightly to side in a cute, kittenish manner.
And that is how Vegeta found her moments later when he exited the cave.
“What are you doing?” He asked, trying and failing to sound truly harsh as he watched her staring at the fruit, unmoving.
“It's…Shiny!” She squealed happily before plucking a large, pear shaped, metallic orange with green stripes, fruit from the tree and biting into it voraciously. She chewed for a few moments before swallowing and smiling broadly. “Not poisonous and very tasty!” She then picked a few more, grabbed a bunch of berries, sat down under one of the tree's and began to eat, slowly so as not to choke, not to miss any of the flavor and so she could think.
Vegeta rose an eyebrow at this childlike, yet wizened young woman before grabbing his own pile of food and sitting across from her to eat. Kalia, with her back against the tree was staring out at the lake in deep thought, chewing idly on a cherry flavored, royal blue berry. She was musing over little things. Vegeta, when he was asleep, had looked so peaceful as she had watched from her slightly lower position. He also hadn't noticed when she'd slowly and quietly slid out from under his strong arm, and she thought Goku was a deep sleeper…She glanced over at the arrogant prince momentarily and then back towards the lake.
He really wasn't so bad, even if she knew she hadn't seen him at his worst or best yet.
Avi mused more over what had happened to her. She was really on planet Namek, with Prince Vegeta sitting right across from her! She was Son Kalia, half sayajin, daughter of Son Goku; she had two brothers and would have a third brother eventually. But the reality of it hit her too. She was really there, she wasn't leaving and she could die here. She'd almost died fighting Vegeta the first time; she'd trained hard and still had a lot to learn. Things weren't playing out like they had in the show either; she'd changed things hadn't she?
She knew she'd changed things for the DBZ realm of existence.
In her sudden realization about this reality she was now a permanent part of, she stood and walked toward the lake again. Caught up in all her thoughts about where she was and what she'd changed, going over the fight with Vegeta on Earth, the fact that Goku didn't die during the fight with Radditz, which took her too wondering if Goku could still beat Frieza…because he never learned the Spirit Bomb from King Kai. Or did he? After all, there was that period of time when she and Kino were training with Tien, Choutsu and Krillen but their father wasn't there.
She forgot that Vegeta was awake and watching her every move curiously.
Her thoughts turned back to Vegeta, even though she forgot he was watching her, she was still thinking about him. Wondering just what exactly his plans for her were and wondering just how much she'd screwed up his original storyline. Then she began to wonder just what he'd been through and why he wasn't as bad as she'd figured he would be, she wanted to know more about him. She thought about his views on emotion and love…and suddenly, she began to hum a song she hadn't heard in years.
Then she remembered the lyrics.
There's nothing wrong with tradition…but tell me where it says, not to, follow our hearts.” She began to sing the song, gradually gaining volume. “That's why so many of us are so confused, and will never live up to your rules!” She then broke out into the chorus at full lung capacity, but it still sounded so wonderful to Vegeta, and it was something he'd never heard before in his life.
MY RELIGION DOESN'T HATE, IT WILL NEVER TURN YOU AWAY, IT ALWAYS UNDERSTANDS! YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, MY RELIGION WONT CONDEM, ALWAYS LENDS A HEALING HAND. YEAH, YEAH, IT'S LOOOOOOOOOVE! MY RELIGIONS LOOOOOOOOOOVE!”
That's why so many of us are so confused! And will never live up to your rules!
MY RELIGION DOESN'T HATE, IT WILL NEVER TURN YOU AWAY, IT ALWAYS UNDERSTANDS, MY RELIGON WONT CONDEM! ALWAYS LENDS A HEALING HAND YEAH YAH, ITS LOOOOOOOOOVE MY RELIGONS LOOOOOOOOVE
!”
By this time Kalia was dancing along the shoreline happily, continuing to sing the song as she danced about in the shallow water. Finally, after singing the song twice through she noticed Vegeta was standing under the tree, watching her with a small smirk/smile. (She couldn't really tell which one exactly.) She froze in place, arms up in the air, one leg out in a weird ballerina like pose, her face was so red and so hot from the blush she was amazed it didn't start to melt off. She slowly but surely moved back into a standing pose, trying extremely hard not to let the embarrassment show more than it already had, not that she really helped herself much considering the tomato red blush. Vegeta walked over to her slowly, revealing that it was in fact a smirk and that his eyes were alight.
“You have quite the enchanting voice, little one.” He commented, looking down into Kalia's eyes.
Thank you, young prince. It had better be enchanting after 8 plus years of training and practice.” Kalia commented, beaming inside and out at the compliment. She really does pride herself on her voice.
“You must sing more often, I wish to hear more.” Vegeta kind of demanded, to which Kalia quickly complied, singing a few of the songs she knew from memory. Songs she'd learned in a choir class in a different realm, but Vegeta didn't need to know that quite yet.
(((((((((((((((((((Chapter Fin))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Avi: Well…finally got that finished. Damn…now I want to listen to the song.
Kalia: -singing the song at the top of her lungs-
Avi: I meant the recording you twit!
Kalia: -stops and glares- Well Soooorry! Seen Kino?
Avi: Not since I locked him in the attic, chained to a wall with unbreakable otherworldly chains.
Kalia: -O.o…- Oh…right. Remind me to NEVER piss you off.
Avi: Never piss me off.
Kalia: So, have you seen Vegeta by any chance?
Avi: -deep sigh- He's training outside in the GR Bulma gave us.
Kalia: -rolls eye's and heads to the GR- Of course.
Avi: REVIEW ME PLEASE! -Goes to watch the carnage out back, munching popcorn and drinking a soda- better than the movies! And cheaper too!