Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances And New Lives ❯ Like Magick ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Second Chances And New Lives
Kalia: -walks in dragging Vegeta by his ear- THOSE WERE MY FAVORITE MOVIES AND YOU USED THEM FOR TARGET PRACTICE! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER ASS HOLE?
Vegeta: -cringing with every word and every tug- Ow! They were childish OW and immature OW and a waste OW of OW time! OW!
Kalia: -eye twitching rapidly, fire in eye's- Oh really? Well how's this for Immature!
-pulls out a remote and hits self destruct button, GR blows to smithereens-
Vegeta: -falls to his knees- NO! -stays in place, shocked beyond belief-
Kalia: -smirks-
Avi: -has been watching the whole time- Holy shit…-snaps out of shock- Anyways, thank you once again to my reviewers, I know it may seem like I've given up on a story because I may go a long while without an update and I'm sorry for that but I've got a lot of issues…and if you'd like to know about those…-cant believe she's about to say this- I do have a Myspace if anyone is interested…Well…enjoy!
To a curious reviewer, they'll be meeting up with the others next chapter, promise.
Chapter 9: Like Magic
A sibling bond is a very special and unique thing to have, for any race. On earth it usually shows up as a very special bond between a set of twins or triplets, mild but there and Kalia and Kino had one. This bond allows the two siblings a means to communicate across long or short distances and without any one else's interference for it takes place telepathically. It is a means to become closer than anyone could possibly imagine, but it also has its problems. One problem is that for the stronger bonds, if one sibling is asleep and the other wants to communicate, they run the high risk of the awake one getting sucked into the sleeping one's dream, effectively trapping said sibling until the other wakes up.
When you're trying to keep your bond a secret, this can be a very bad thing.
It's also bad if your sleeping sibling is having a nightmare, something Kalia knew first hand quite unfortunately.
The events of the past “days” if days could really be applied considering there is no night on Namek, had overwhelmed Kalia. She knew that her being there, and Kino being there meant that things had changed and she was constantly watching out and thinking of how to make sure the truly important things happened. She'd only managed to take care of one problem, back on earth before the sayajins arrived, and that was incase something like this happened. And by this, she meant a relationship between her and Vegeta instead of Vegeta and Bulma, which obviously she was right about.
Not that she really minds much, of course.
But the poor girl was so overwhelmed and filled with all these thoughts that she'd completely forgotten to talk to Kino since she and Vegeta landed! She wanted to tell him everything that had happened and make sure he remembered some aspects that were sure to pass, even if they passed not exactly like they would have. She needed to remind him about the Ginyu force and see if Kino and the others had gotten any Dragon Balls yet. But she also had a slight problem; she needed to be alone so as not to get Vegeta anymore suspicious than he already was about her. (He'd gotten suspicious the day they landed.)
The first place that came to mind for the young half-breed was her secluded alcove where that rock lay, perfect for her to pretend to sunbathe but really talk to her little brother. Of course, she didn't know Vegeta was following her, which is most definitely a negative thing. She laid back on the nice warm rock and closed her eyes, concentrating on Kino's mind and the specific vibes he sends out.
She should have waited another hour.
(Kino, it's Kalia. I need to talk to…oh crap! He's asleep! Last time this happened I had nightmares for weak because of HIS nightmares!) Thankfully though, instead of a nightmare, she found herself on the white, sandy beach of a tropical island and it was beautiful and warm and Kino was just lying on the sand. Kalia had landed in one of her brother's most prominent vacation dreams and the little devil was sipping a drink from the very bar she'd landed in front of. Well, since she was there till he woke up, she may as well take advantage of the free drinks eh?
“Watermelon Daiquiri, and make it a big one.” She ordered and in moments, was sipping the most luscious daiquiri she'd ever tasted. Yes, she was a drinker in her original realm. Then, she strolled over to her brother and lightly tapped him on top of his straw-hat covered head. “Enjoying the sun and the sand Kin-Chan?” She asked him in a simple and relaxed tone.
“Totally…” he suddenly stopped and looked up. “Kalia! I didn't know you were in this dream!”
“That's because I'm not, stupid! I tried to tele-talk with you but you were asleep so I got sucked into and STUCK in your dream.” She smacked him upside the head, causing his hat to fall off and into his lap. “It's happened before you baka.” Kalia looked a bit irritated, but then her tone softened. “But as long as I'm here, I may as well tell you what's been going on.”
“Right, sorry! Okay, so what's been happening?
“Well, I got Vegeta to laugh and smile and then he kissed me and he looks way funny with wet hair because apparently its gravity defiance is no match for water.” Kalia laughed and Kino chuckled as he rolled his eyes. “Any way's, we got five dragon balls from the gender confused one's ship and we are hiding out in a cave by some lake, and fruit growing plants. Really good fruit too, yummy stuff really.” Kalia continued.
“You got five? That's awesome, me and Gohan found one and then Krillen found one so we have two now!” Kino beamed.
“Good job! Hey, you do remember that the Ginyu force is going to be up soon right? I mean, you didn't forget considering how many times you watched those DVD's about it?”
“Yeah, course I remember! And I got plenty of energy to blast those suckers with!”
“Okay their bro, lets not get overconfident there. You remember when you thought you had defeated dad because you thought your blast was more powerful than it really was and he was able to sneak roundhouse you into the cliff side? All because you put your guard down. I don't want you to get killed this time for it, the G force is the real deal, license to kill, literally.” Kalia warned, worried about the younger boys overconfidence.
“Sorry Kal, your right. Any way, I hope we can meet up soon! I'm going to Guru's tomorrow with Gohan and Krillen so just make sure Vegeta follows and takes you with him.”
“Not a problem, I will not be left behind and he knows it. But Kino, there is something else I want to talk to you about and it's really important.”
“Okay, shoot.”
“Well…it's about our showing up, you know we've most definitely changed the storyline around here. Things aren't going to play out exactly as they had in the show because we're here and I want to make sure your prepared for the unexpected.”
“Oh…yeah…” it was obvious Kino hadn't really thought about that much.
“Just…be prepared for things to go wrong okay?” Kalia hugged her younger brother tightly as the beach scene began to fade, knowing he was about to wake up.
“Okay sis, we'll see you soon then?”
“You can count on it.”
The serene beach began to fade away more and more as Kalia watched and her brother finally woke up. Kalia slowly opened her eyes, blinking as the sun was hidden by some kind of blurry shadowy figure. When the blurred figure finally regained shape and form, Kalia grimaced inwardly and plastered an innocent smile onto her face because she was now staring directly into Vegeta's eye's as he stared down at her.
Uh oh.
“AH! VEGETA! You scared me you BAKA!” Kalia screeched as she stared at his face, which was mere inches from hers. `He can be such a jerk sometimes, I swear!' She thought to herself as she sat up and noticed the suspicious narrowness of his eyes. Kalia figured she was in for a game of 20 questions now and was not in the mood for it.
“All right little one, spill. Why were so zoned out for so long, do you and that brat of a brother of yours have a bond? The truth now!” Vegeta all but yelled at her, grabbing her by her shoulders before she could turn away and squeezing them threateningly. It was as if he were daring her to lie, the pressure on her shoulders only enough to get the point across, when she and he both knew he could easily break what he now held.
“Fine.” Kalia winced visibly under the physical and moral pressure. “If you must know, I have a sibling bond with Kino. Why else do you think our attacks on you were so organized and together? I talked to him when we first arrived,” That earned her an extra squeeze. “And I was just talking to him when I was zoned out on that rock.” The pressure didn't lesson any, Vegeta was still seeking answers.
“You didn't completely lose consciousness when we first arrived! How was this time any different?” He asked her, with a confused look and a harsh tone that left no room for arguments. Quite frankly, Kalia was tempted to jump forward and kiss Vegeta but she held herself back quite nicely.
“Oh, that. Well, you see, if one of us is asleep and the other tries to talk through the bond then the one trying to talk will get sucked into the sleeping one's dream. That's what happened this time; he was asleep so I got stuck in his dream with him till he woke up. I swear that kid has some freaky dreams but this one was mild and we got to talk any way.” Kalia finished, eyeing the man clutching her shoulders so painfully, warily. “Oh, and they got two Dragon Balls according to what Kino told me.” She added in a much softer voice than she'd been using.
“WHAT! I NEED THOSE! I DIDN'T RISK MY BUTT GETTING THESE FIVE FROM THAT GENDER CONFUSED FREAK JUST TO LOSE TO THOSE EARH WEAKLINGS!” Vegeta yelled, causing Kalia to wince and cover her ears as he ranted on and on.
(((((((((((((((((((Ten Minutes Later)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
“I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED BY SOME BAKA'S WHO…”
`Okay, he has been going strong for ten minutes straight and I can not take it anymore! Spell time! Now what was that damned incantation…?” Kalia thought as she rolled her eyes at the ranting prince. She pointed two fingers at him and slowly recited a spell, trying to remember the precise words that would make him unable to speak or yell until she said so.
Unfortunately, she couldn't remember the spell and had to make one up herself, praying it worked.
“Ranting princes and ringing ears, mute the voice and trap the sound, his voice shall be gone, until I want it around!” She finally finished and low and behold and after saying it a second time with much concentration, Vegeta found himself unable to speak.
Silence is golden and after hearing him yell for ten minutes straight, especially with Kalia's sensitive hearing, this silence was the most wonderful thing in the world. Vegeta on the other hand looked at her stunned, confused and just a little bit angry. There was also a tiny bit of not so well hidden fear in his eyes but Kalia just started laughing. She couldn't help it, the man looked absolutely clueless! Of course then, he got really angry and grabbed Kalia by her armor, holding her up off the ground a good few feet.
Kalia stopped laughing.
“I-it's okay Prince, all I did was a simple, if quickly put together, silence spell. Yeah, I said spell. I got so tired of hearing you rant and rave and insult my friends and family that I decided to SHUT YOU UP!” That earned her a one-way trip to the ground on her back with a rather angry Vegeta straddling her stomach, holding her arms to her sides painfully. “If you're done yelling…” She winced as he added pressure to her arms, again threatening to break them silently. “I can undo it!” She added hastily, really wanting the pressure to be gone and the use of her arms back.
Vegeta nodded to her with a scathing glare, telling her to undo what she'd done or else. But she was still on the ground, and still had no use of her arms, and she needed her arms to be able to undue the spell. She looked up at him, fear slightly evident in her own eyes because she knew how he could be.
She didn't notice his eye's soften slightly at her fear.
“I need my arms to undo it Vegeta…” She commented meekly and he removed his hands from her arms, un willing to get off of her just yet. So, she pointed those two fingers at him again and thought of a counter, one of the most non-spell sounding counters in existence. “I want his voice around!”
Again, to her amazement, it actually worked.
“How the hell did you do that girl!” Vegeta asked, getting off of her and pulling her up roughly, as in had she not been strong and half-sayajin, her arm wouldn't be in her socket after that.
“Oh,” Kalia commented, quiet obviously irritated as she rubbed her arms where he'd probably bruised them in his anger. “Didn't I mention it before? I'm a witch.” She shot at him with an angry tone and a sarcastic edge to her voice before turning away and walking over to sit by the lake and calm down.
Vegeta was speechless.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Chapter Fin))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Avi: -pokes Vegeta- Geeze, I didn't think he was THAT attached to the GR.
Kalia: -walks by laughing- Oh yeah, he LOVED that thing!
Vegeta: -snaps out of it at the sound of Kalia's voice- KALIA! -Slowly stalks towards her-
Kalia -O.O- Uh oh…Bye! -Runs away at light speed as Vegeta flies after her in a rage-
Avi: -wincing as several clangs, crashes and cries of pain from both parties permeate the air- Uh…I guess I should have told them I have like, 5 more GR's capsulated in my room…but I think I'll let them fight it out for now. There is NO way I'm getting in the way of those two during a fight. You know the drill people, please review me! Tah darlings!