Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Seeing Her Soul ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey guys! I'm glad to let you know that I have not dropped off the face of the planet with a new story! I got this idea from a show I watched once. Hope you all will like it and please review! Thanks.

Ages:

Trunks (beginning)-8

(later)-22

Pan (beginning)-6

(later)-20

Goten-21

Summary: Trunks was born blind and he and Pan are best friends, soon turned lovers. Trunks soon gets a chance to see but with Pan's low self-confidence, she's not completely sure she wants him to.

~Chapter 1~

A young boy was sitting on the edge of a high cliff, looking out at the orange yellow sky. Anyone would swear that he was looking out at the beautiful sunset as his bright blue eyes were sparkling excitedly. This was the first time he was allowed out by himself, with the exception of the small girl next to him. His mother was very protective of her son. One would think he was a normal boy, enjoying the setting of the sun on a lonely Sunday afternoon but the small dark haired girl sitting beside him knew better! Although the girl was only 6 years of age, she had managed to convince his mother to let him spend the day with her. It was awfully difficult as his mother worried about him constantly being attacked when he couldn't even defend himself due to his blindness, but his mother knew she trust the girl and her fighting skills. The tiny girl swore to protect him if they were ever attacked but she knew a secret that was being kept from her friends' mother. The young boy named Trunks could take care of himself even better than little Pan could! As he was born without sight, his other senses had developed to be extremely sharp. Although his mother wouldn't let his father train him, he had been secretly training with his best friends Goten and Pan, who had been teaching him everything they've ever learned.

Pan didn't understand why her friends' mother wouldn't let him learn how to fight! He was part saiyan after all and it was in their blood. She herself had even less saiyan blood in her but the urge to fight was still great. She knew it was wrong to teach him to fight when his mother didn't like it but Trunks had pleaded and pleaded with her and Goten until they had given in. Secretly, she knew if it was anyone else, she wouldn't have helped them, not wanting to face the wrath of all the adults, but Pan had a big soft spot for the lavender haired boy next to her. She did not understand these feelings she felt towards him but every time his eyes would shift in her direction, blood would rush to her face and she would turn away. After that, she would feel silly, as he was not able to see the red in her face anyway! Looking down at her watch, she jumped up.

"Trunks! I have to take you home! Ms. Bulma said she wanted you home by now and we are late!"

"Oh, couldn't we stay just a little bit longer? This is the first time I've ever been out here without my mother and I wanted to enjoy it a while longer." Trunks eyes moved in her direction.

"But…but…" Pan didn't want to get in trouble and knew she had to think of a reason to drag Trunks home. "Oh! But Ms. Bulma would worry so much and…and if we're bad, then she won't ever let you go out again by yourself!" She smiled.

Trunks sighed. He didn't like his mother's over protectiveness. Did she not remember he was a saiyan? He understood why though and appreciated her love immensely. Why did he have to be cursed without sight? He was tired of everyone pampering him. He just wanted to be treated normally! It was only the little girl beside him who treated him like wanted to, like he was completely normal and capable of taking care of himself! "Alright, let's go," he gave in.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was many years later that Trunks' life was at a turning point. Fourteen years to be exact. He was now 22 years old with a promising career ahead of him. Trunks was in line to be the next president of their family company. His blindness made it difficult for Bulma to decide if she should hand her company down to Trunks or not but she really wanted to keep it in the family and her daughter didn't know the first thing about business. It would be difficult but with Pan as his assistant, he knew they could pull it off. Trunks didn't want to be the next president but he would, to keep his mother happy. Pan always knew that his good heart would one day be rewarded.

The three of them were still best of friends, Trunks, Goten and Pan. Over the years, they have survived lots together, including Bulma's wrath and the rest of their parent's when they found out they had been training Trunks ever since he was young. Bulma had finally calmed down when Trunks told her he was old enough to take care of himself and proved it when he went on the tour of the galaxy with Pan and Goku. (Let's say they went on the tour when Pan was 14 and he was 16) His mother eventually learned how grown up her son had become and took her over protectiveness of her son down a few notches, with the help of Vegeta.

Trunks had grown into a handsome young man as everyone always told him so. He wanted to believe them but it was hard when you couldn't see yourself as he so wanted to. Even more so than wanting to see himself, he wanted to see Pan. Over the last year, his feelings for her abruptly took a sharp turn. He realized his feelings for her was deeper than just a friendship and hoped secretly that she may have the same feelings for him. He was too shy to make a move though. Though he has heard other girls whispering about how handsome he was and with the many girls who has asked him out, he has never had a girlfriend before. There was just never a girl who could have a decent conversation with and hold nothing back, with the exception of Pan. Perhaps that's why he developed feelings for her. She was different than all the other girls, he could tell, and was his best friend. That was an added bonus! He knew her on the inside really well and although he has never been able to see her, he thought she was so beautiful on the inside that he could care less what she looked like physically.

Not that it was a problem though. For one, she had let him trace her face before and he thought she was extremely, physically beautiful. Plus, he also knew for a fact she was beautiful as his sister would jealously admit her beauty was even greater then her own, which was saying a lot coming from her! It was a subject Pan liked to avoid though, whenever he told her she was beautiful. She would always turn away and he could tell she didn't believe him. It was because of an incident when she was 13. Even being part saiyan, it seemed like her human side wanted her to be sick for once. She had gotten a bad case of the chicken pox. She didn't even feel sick when she headed off for school that morning but as the day progressed, she felt worse and worse. It had started on her face and then worked its way down her body but she still didn't seem to understand why she was itching like crazy, until some stupid jerk in her class who she despised called her ugly. The rest of the class started laughing at her and pointing. Even after she had healed, it wasn't over. At the end of the school year when everyone was signing yearbooks, some people actually wrote stuff about her being too ugly and should leave the school. That was before she had her growth spurt though and now, no one could call her ugly without lying, but she didn't believe them. She believed they were just saying it to make her feel better.

Over the years, Pan finally found out what those feelings she had for Trunks were. She had had a crush on him! She knew now though that it wasn't a crush anymore though. She actually truly, deeply, liked him…maybe even loved him. She wasn't sure. One thing that she always knew was that Trunks would one day get better and she would be there to help him. But she hadn't known that day would come so soon.

At the time, her family had been taking a vacation in Hawaii when Pan came across a stranger. It was purely by accident how they met. He had been kind enough not to be angry or even yell at her when she came up behind him and poured her pina colada on his head, mistaking him for her new friend she had. She had apologized many times and was embarrassed when her friend Brad, who she was trying to get revenge on, came up to her and started laughing. Pan was relieved though, when the man didn't yell but started to laugh too. They introduced themselves and he gave her his business card and told her to call him sometime, just to hang out. As she looked down, her heart almost stopped. He was Dr. Jonathon Carlson, the most famous eye doctor in the world and was renowned for his specialty in blindness. Pan had felt a flutter of hope and quickly asked if he could help her friend. She had explained his condition the best she could and promised that Trunks' mother would be willing to pay any price for her son to be able to see. Dr. Carlson had agreed to travel to Japan to see him and Pan was ecstatic.

But her spirit was quickly dimmed. Though she would be so happy for Trunks if he could see, she also felt saddened. What would happen when Trunks finally looked at her? She knew he wouldn't but he would probably want to take back all of those times he told her she was beautiful. She knew she was ugly, and once Trunks gets a glimpse of all of those beautiful woman who were after him, he wouldn't give Pan a second thought anymore. NO! She told herself. I will not let my selfishness take away Trunks' chance at happiness, even if it means giving mine up.

A/N: Well, this is only the first chapter so far. I have more plans for this story yet to come! I hope you will all review and let me know what you think. Just to let you know, though you probably already know, I am the worst writer I know, but I'm attempting to improve but I hope it was ok anyways! Please keep reading!