Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Seeing Her Soul ❯ Mixed Emotions ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hi everyone! I'm really glad so many of you reviewed. Thank you so much and I hope you will continue reviewing, letting me know what you think.

~Chapter 2~

When Pan had arrived home with her new friend, Dr. Carlson, everyone was extremely happy, especially Trunks. They had high hopes for Trunks' recovery but Dr. Carlson had told them not to get their hopes too high until he had a chance to examine Trunks himself. Trunks knew he shouldn't get his hopes up since previous doctors had told him how slim his chances of a full recovery would be, but Dr. Carlson seemed promising. Pan just somehow knew that this time, it would work out. This was the chance Trunks had been given by suffering for so many years.

Luckily, the results of his examination went well and it seems he has a fair chance at recovering, though not 100%. Trunks' operation was set for two weeks from now.

Pan was very happy that Trunks would make an almost full recovery. Although, there was still a tiny twinge in her heart that made her uneasy at the thought of what might happen when Trunks got his sight back. Her feelings for him grew more intense ever since she got back from vacation and it was scaring her to think how much it would hurt to see his disappointment he sees her. There was one afternoon, about a week before Trunks' operation that the two of them sat down together and had a long chat.

They were up in his room laying side by side on his bed, enjoying each other's company when the topic of his operation came up once again. "You know, Pan, I really can't wait to see what the world really looks like. I mean, I touch stuff, but I can only imagine what it really looks like." Trunks said with his eyes closed.

"I can't imagine what it's like, your whole life not being able to see anything, not even your loved ones." Pan replied. Trunks turned to face her.

"It can be really difficult at times, but just knowing that soon, I might be able to see you all, mum, dad, my sister, Goten, and especially you, is making me see a whole new light these days," Trunks smiled at her. His blue eyes were sparkling excitedly, just like the time when he was a little boy, going off to see the sunset, even though he really couldn't. He reached over and began to stroke her face. "I really really want to see you," he whispered.

Pan began to blush and was sure he could feel the heat rise to her face. "Really?" she croaked.

"Yeah," he continued to whisper. "It's a really good thing that in a few days, I'll finally be able to." Trunks leaned a bit closer.

"Well, I hope I'll live up to your standards of me." Pan gave a little laugh as Trunks pulled her even closer.

"You're really beautiful in my imagination, but I bet you're even more beautiful than how I picture you." Trunks' lips were almost on hers.

Pan suddenly froze. She couldn't do this. He's expecting her to be so much in which is not. She pulled back and stood up. "Well, don't expect too much! I probably won't live up to it." She said the last part softly but he heard her anyways. Pan didn't want to think of how disappointed he would be once he actually saw her and turned to leave. "I have to go, it's almost dinnertime."

"Pan, wait!" Trunks caught her arm. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. Can you please stay." His eyes were looking near hers and she could see his desperation. Maybe I shouldn't have tried to kiss her, he thought.

Pan gave in. She didn't want to upset him when he had been so happy these days. "Ok, I'll stay." Trunks breathed a sigh of relief. He smiled at her and she could feel a tingly feeling running through her whole body. Lust took over her body suddenly and she felt the incredible urge to kiss him. If she could just lean a bit closer, she would almost be able to touch his lips. Trunks seemed aware of the situation and leaned in that extra inch until their lips finally met in the middle.

The one word to describe the kiss in both their minds was amazing. The chemistry between them was so strong that their bodies felt like they were on fire. Trunks became a little more daring and slipped his tongue into her mouth as the kiss deepened. Her hands rested on his shoulders as he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. Pan now found out, that her feelings were lingering extremely close to love, if it hadn't already. Trunks on the other hand, knew already, even before they kissed that he loved her. This only intensified his feelings.

After a while, Pan finally broke the kiss and stared at Trunks. "I wanted to do that for the longest time," Trunks breathed as he put his forehead against hers.

Pan was still caught up in the heat of the moment and didn't react fast enough when Bulma came tumbling in. "Oh Trunks…oops. Sorry," she said as she saw the two in a passionate embrace.

"It's Ok Bulma, I have to be getting home anyways," she turned to Trunks and smiled. "I'll call you tomorrow." Trunks nodded with a happy smile on his face as he watched her leave. He turned to his mother.

"Trunks, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt. I didn't know you and Pan had been dating." Bulma apologized.

"That's alright mom!" Trunks exclaimed because nothing could ruin his mood today.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Pan floated home, literally. Her parents didn't seem to understand what had caused the sudden change in their daughters' behavior as only this morning, she had been extremely grumpy, muttering about stupid woman and their good looks. This sudden change caused them concern for their daughter, but they didn't ask anything, not wanting to butt in on her life.

It was not until the next morning that the full force of what happened hit Pan in the face. She knew she had now dug a hole in which she couldn't climb out of. Although Pan had wanted nothing more but romantic affections from Trunks, she knew they shouldn't have kissed. If they started a relationship now, Trunks wouldn't be able to look at her and tell her he didn't mind how she looked. It was better when they were just friends. Then, she wouldn't have had to put Trunks in a tough position by breaking up with her when he saw how unattractive she was. Suddenly, she had a spark of hope. She knows Trunks is a wonderful, caring man. Maybe he wouldn't care what she looked like. Maybe he really likes her already. No, I shouldn't get my hopes up, she told herself, but the tiniest part of her was still holding out hope. Maybe I should just tell him we should just be friends.

Pan shook her head. Now that she had kissed him, it would be so hard as her feelings had intensified. It would be so much harder but she decided on what she had to do.

She picked up the phone and dialed. The line picked up and she knew the next few words out of her mouth could change everything.

A/N: Hey, sorry it was so short with a ton of fluff in it, but that's what I like! Please review and let me know what you think. Thanks