Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Seeing Her Soul ❯ Kicking Themselves ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey peeps! Sorry I can't update as often as now, I have started summer school and also I'm taking a history course during the summer which are both lasting until August. I hope you'll keep reading though and review. The fastest I could probably update would be along the lines of once a week maybe, until August hits. Thanks for being patient!

For all you people who want me to inform them of an update, please let me know!

~Chapter 3~

The line picked up right away. "Pan?" Trunks voice asked.

"Yeah, how did you know it was me," Pan said confused.

"Oh, hehe well you said you were going to call so I just assumed it was you." Trunks' face flushed red and he was embarrassed even though she couldn't see him. He had been sitting by the phone all morning waiting for her to call but he also didn't want to sound desperate. He shouldn't have picked up so soon. Trunks kicked himself mentally.

"Oh, I see. Well did you want to go out to lunch today? I want to talk to you." Pan breathed out.

"Sure. I know this great little café where we can be alone. Can you come pick me up?"

"Sure, I'll see you in a few." Pan replied and hung up the phone. She took a deep breath. Ok, this is alright. I just have to find a way to break it to him, Pan thought and then closed her eyes and flopped down on her bed. She didn't want to tell him nothing could happen between them. She really REALLY didn't want to. This is for the best, she thought. I can't face his disappointment.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Trunks was humming happily as he got dressed. He couldn't wait until Pan came over. I wonder what she wants to talk about, he thought. He thought of all the possibilities. Maybe she wants to start dating, he smiled, or maybe she doesn't want to. The smile immediately disappeared from his face. She wouldn't reject him…would she? Trunks' face got even paler. What if she wanted to pretend that the kiss never happened and didn't want it to mean anything? Maybe she didn't even like him at all. That thought made him sick. It would really hurt him if it were true.

Ok, lets look on the bright side, he thought to himself. She might just want to talk to him about starting a relationship. Or maybe that the kiss meant so much to her and that she loved him like he loved her. His smile returned to his face, brighter than ever. I might as well stop asking myself what she wants to talk about and just let her tell me!

The door to his room opened and Pan stepped in. Trunks turned around and smiled at her until he heard a small giggling noise coming from her. "What's so funny?" he frowned.

"Um Trunks, you're wearing two different colors of socks." She smiled.

"What? Oh I guess mom made a mistake and put a wrong pair together for me." He sighed and took off one sock. "What color is this one?" Trunks asked holding it up.

"Black. Here hold on. I'll find you a white one to match your other sock," Pan giggled again and went to his sock drawer. Trunks smiled as he listened to her laughing. Her voice was soft and soothing and even when she laughed really hard, it still sounded gentle at the same time. Pan turned back around in time to see Trunks smiling at her and felt a blush rise to her cheek. He was very handsome when he smiled like that. "Here's a white sock," she said as she handed it to him. Her hand brushed against his and he grabbed her hand.

"Thank you," Trunks still didn't let go.

"Um Trunks, we should get going." Pan tried to keep the shakiness out of her voice as his hand caressed hers. He frowned again.

"What's wrong?"

"N-Nothing. I just think we should go before the lunch crowed gets in, you know," she laughed nervously. His face was dangerously close to hers and she hardly saw the hand reach up to touch her face.

"That's Ok, it doesn't matter to me." He whispered as his hand continued to trace her face. He was pulling her closer to him still.

"Well, I'm hungry so m-maybe w-we should go." Pan tried to pull back, she really did. She didn't want to kiss him and then tell him that they couldn't happen but at the same time, she did want to kiss him very badly. She didn't notice she had leaned in slightly until she felt his lips touch hers.

All was lost to her at that moment as Trunks kissed her back lovingly. The emotions she had boiled up since last night disappeared as she couldn't think of anything else but to the desire to be with him. He seemed to return the favor full force. A small moan came out of nowhere. Where did it come from? Pan wondered, until she realized it came from herself! The shock brought her back to reality and she hastily broke away from him.

Trunks eyes flew open as he felt her pull away quickly. Did he do something wrong? Did he hurt her by accident?

Pan wanted to yell and scream at herself for being so weak! What happened to the promise she had made to herself to not let Trunks hurt as much as possible? She shouldn't have kissed him again. This only made the situation she was in deeper and would cause him more pain. She did not want to cause him pain. If it was anyone in the world she didn't want to hurt, it was Trunks. Pan couldn't believe she had let her emotions get the best of her AGAIN! She was only brought back down to reality as she heard a soft voice speak.

"Did I hurt you Pan?" Trunks asked timidly. At that moment, he seemed like the child she used to play with all the time with her uncle Goten. She looked into his eyes and saw a flicker of pain because it seemed to him that she had rejected him and had hurt her.

"No, no you didn't." Pan answered. She felt awful. When this whole thing was her own fault for being weak, Trunks was blaming himself for her pain. She had to find a way to make him stop blaming himself. Then it hit her. Pan had to convince him that it was her fault for kissing him. Then, when she told him that they couldn't be together anymore, he would feel that she led him on and then he wouldn't want anything to do with her! She opened her mouth to speak but then stopped. This could seriously damage their friendship. Did she really want to risk losing her best friend over some silly thoughts she had in her head? But no, she scolded herself, it was her fault in the first place. If she had just not kissed him, then she wouldn't have had to decide the best way out of the situation to prevent as much pain as possible for both of them. It was better for him for her to sacrifice their friendship to prevent him as little pain as possible.

Pan was about to speak when she felt his hands on her face once again and heard his words. "I want you to be the first thing I see when I open my eyes and see the world."

She was at a loss for words. Why would he want to see her first? On one hand, she didn't want to disappoint him. On the other, she didn't know if she could face the disappointment. She decided to try to convince him otherwise.

"Does it really matter who you see first? I mean I'm sure you would love to your family, and Vegeta, haha, I can't wait till you see him! Nah, you wouldn't want to see me first! Who cares about me? Hehe, why would you want to see me first?" Pan rambled on, trying to think of as many excuses as possible, until she felt him pull her down and kiss her once again

This time though, it was short, but sweet. "Because I love you." He answered.

Pan froze. Uh oh.

A/N: AHH!!!! I did not intend for this scene drag on so long. It was really sappy. I didn't mean for that to happen either, but I guess I'm Ok with the results. I don't know if you people like it sappy or not, I'll try to maybe tone it down a little. MAYBE. I can't guarantee it though! I might just need it that way for the plans I have in store for this story. Please review!!!!!