Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ She's Who? (possible revision) ❯ Lots of talking ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

She's Who?

By

Wawashkeshi

Third

Here's a continuation of the last chapter. I'd like to thank all who reviewed the last part, even though it wasn't that long. For most of the questions that were in the reviews, the answers are coming. Just not too quickly, I hope. Well, enjoy reading as I have enjoyed writing.

Oh, this symbol ( ~ ) indicates thoughts.

As the others continue a conversation, Goku starts thinking to himself, "Well, she (ChiChi) would have help with the household chores and with two cooks maybe there'll be twice as much food!" But what comes out of his mouth is, "I feel pretty bad for putting you and us in this situation. If I had known my interference would've lead to this I never would have hit her father." "Oh, you're not looking at this right. Her father may have beaten her to death or killed her tomorrow anyway. It certainly doesn't seem that he values her as a daughter, just another asset to sell. He said himself that she was no use to him anymore. Your interfering may have saved her life," states Bulma. She then leans over and whispers, "Yeah, Vegeta's not even that cold." "No, I'm not," Vegeta interjects, "but I will maim the man that hurts my daughter." "See, told ya he cared," mutters Bulma under her breath to ChiChi. "I heard that." I think we all know who said that.

"So, I guess I'm getting married again tomorrow," mumbles Goku. "I should at least introduce myself and ChiChi to her. She is going to be part of the family tomorrow." "Yes Goku, go talk to her" encourages ChiChi. "Let her know that you're a man of your word. And, ask her to join us. I want to get to know her too. She is, after all, going to be sharing our home."

Our somewhat sulking Goku then stood up and meandered across the room with as much confidence as he could muster. He was nervous as hell. He noticed that his stride had slowed once he began walking away from the group. He tried hiding his nervousness but his body was betraying him. His palms were sweaty. He starts a conversation with himself. "Why am I nervous?" "Because she might be just like ChiChi. Which wouldn't be all bad except the temper part." "At least I'm not shaking at the knees." He felt perspiration trickle down his brow. ~ What was he doing again? Oh yeah, that's right. He was going to introduce himself to her. Her? Man, what was he thinking when he said yes? That's right, he was saving her life or just from a beating. But why was he so nervous? He'd saved the world so many times without a bat of an eye. Yet, his stomach was doing somersaults.~ "Almost there." "Hey Dad," interrupts Gohan. "Where are you going? The restroom's the other way." ~Whew! Break time.~ "Oh, just got sidetracked I guess. You know." He answers. "No, I don't know," continues Gohan. "But, hey I think Mom's trying to tell you something." Goku turns around and looks to the table where the others are sitting and sees his wife "shoo-ing" him to continue his journey across the room. He sighs. "That's okay, Gohan. I know what she's telling me." He walks around Gohan and continues his way to where she's seated. "Uhm, Dad. Where are you going?" asks Gohan. "Well, why don't you ask your mother? I've got to do this before I chicken out or your Mom hits me with something," answers Goku. "…okay. Dad, see you back at the table," he unknowingly encourages his father.

~Okay now only five more steps~ thinks Goku. Trying to keep his feet walking not running. ~Okay I'm there. Now what? ~ ~Say "Hi."~ ~Oh yeah. ~ Inner voices can sometimes be helpful.

"Hi! I'm Goku. How are you?" and he sighs. It sounded almost like a "Whew!" He hadn't realized he was holding his breath. "Hi. My name is Miranda," answers our former damsel in distress. "Why did you stop my father?" she asks. "Well," he pauses as he's thinking for words to his answer, "you weren't fighting back or even trying to block his hits and no one else would say anything or try to stop him and I just thought it was the right thing to do." "Well, I thank you for your chivalry, but you don't have to marry me. I understand that you're not from around here and know nothing of our customs and laws," states Miranda. "Well let me put it to you this way. I don't want to be a burden and would understand if you changed your mind." "No, I intend to keep my word. Besides, what would happen to you?" The girl answers, "I would be killed. Just as my father said." A moment passes as this sinks in again. Then the girl begins, "I will earn my keep and try not to be a burden. I noticed that you have a female companion," "My wife," Goku clarifies. "And I have no intentions of causing chaos in your household. I have witnessed what a great strain a second wife can be on the first, I will sleep in the barn if that will make her more comfortable," and she stops to take a breath. "No, I don't think sleeping in the barn will be necessary, besides we don't even have one," says Goku.

"No barn! Where do you keep your animals?" asks Miranda. "We don't have any." "Where do you get your milk and eggs and meat?" she asks astonished. "From the store," he states. "Wow, you must be wealthy to be able to buy such things from the store. I know that the amount of food my mother makes per meal. She'd be broke by the end of the week if she had to buy all of that from the store!"

"How many people in you family?" asks Goku. "Oh we have a pretty large family. There are my three sisters, four brothers, my mother, my father, his second wife, and I. Not to mention two dogs, three cats, four pigs, two cows and 24 chickens. I guess that's why my father was in such a hurry for me to marry. One less mouth to feed. When my two elder brothers married and moved out I know the amount of food mother made had become almost half that of what she used to make. But I'm ranting. And I'm nervous. Father used to always say, "A woman that talks too much isn't getting her work done." Or something like that. Okay, I'll shut up now." She takes a sip of water. "No, that's okay. I wanted to get to know you a bit before I introduce you to my wife and friends," answers Goku. Miranda says, "OH, okay! So, are we getting married tomorrow?" "I think so," says our man of many words. "Good, 'cause I wasn't done living yet." She states.

Confusing? I hope not. I tried to clarify inner thoughts, and conversation with self and with others. If you're still interested in reading it'll be a while before anything new is up. My eldest child's birthday is Thursday and then there's the Christmas program to go to.

Thanks to Vaderboy, rebelchick, evilkitty and Lauryn. Thanks to Lauryn for letting me know that my writing was getting hurried and confusing. Sorry I couldn't avoid that better this chapter. Till next time.