Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Show Him How ❯ Late Night Conversation ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragonball Z or any of the characters seen in the show, movies, manga, etc. I am not making any money or profit whatsoever off of this story.

Author's Note: OK! First of all, I would like to acknowledge Ranchi (ikasu) and say thanks for the apology. I know now that you didn't mean to be rude, but well, that's just the way it seemed when reading that review. But all is forgiven, and I'm glad you're still reading.

Second on the agenda today…There have been a few questions that have been asked, so I intend to answer them!Why is Yelta green?

Well, all of the 'Servants of Toog' are a pale green in color, but it has special significance for Yelta, because green is the color of envy, and she is envious of Vegeta's affection towards Bulma.Why is this story moving so damn slow???

Welp, I've read entirely too many fanfics where Vegeta and Bulma fall in love after 5 minutes of conversation, and I've written them too. I want to do something different, something that I consider to be a little more realistic, based on the way that Bulma and Vegeta act in the show, and my own interpretations of them. I know you're all getting impatient and want them to get together quickly, but I have this all planned out and there will be several more chapters before the lemony goodness. But do not fret, for it will come eventually.

*Special thanks to Vegetababe and Bulma Peacecraft for beta-ing this!*

Show Him How

Chapter 12: Late Night Conversation

Last Time: Bulma tells the Graf all about what happened between Vegeta and herself, including both what he told her about Yelta, and the reason of his departure. However, both are unaware that Yelta heard the entire conversation. Bulma also gets the permission and supplies she needs to repair the ship.

"Here we are, Bulma, Servant of Chikyuu." The pudgy little Servant of Toog smiled, leading Bulma into a huge hangar. It was nearly empty, except for a few hired workers, all armed with tools and gizmos. There was also a huge cabinet off to one side where many other types of tools and ship parts were kept.

"Thank you Torma." Bulma smiled politely. "You can go now, if you have other things to do."

As Torma trotted off, Bulma turned to face her alien crew. These particular Servants of Toog had been assembled because of their skill with foreign technology, and their ability to learn new techniques quickly.

Bulma pulled the capsule that contained the ship out of her pocket, pushed down the little plunger and tossed it into the middle of the floor. With a loud BANG, the Capsule Corporation ship appeared in a cloud of smoke.

"Alright!" she turned to her crew again. "I'm going to do a little inspection and see if I can figure out what went wrong. You guys can all hang around and do whatever until I figure that out, then help me with the actual repairs, once I know what needs repairing." The Servants of Toog all nodded, their wild hair flopping about, as Bulma entered the ship.

Meanwhile, Vegeta was just arriving back at the Graf's home in the center of Capitol. All of the guards looked warily at him, aware of his vicious temper. They had all heard what happened at the party a few nights ago, so they had decided to be especially careful around the Rogue Servant.

"Ahhh, Vegeta-sama, it is good to see you back. "The Graf smiled, walking out into the garden where Vegeta had landed. "Bulma has begun work on your spacecraft, and should be done within the week."

"Good." Vegeta nodded. "I want to get off this planet as soon as possible." His voice was bitter and angry, and the Graf cringed a little.

"You know, she was very worried about you."

"Who?"

"Bulma was." The Graf turned to go back inside his house. "She was terribly upset."

Vegeta wondered, briefly, why Bulma would be so upset. Was it possible that what happened was not out of pity? No…she had refused him before, so why would she change her mind?

"Vegeta?"

"What now, Graf?"

"Why did you not tell me that Huyv was conceived before you left this planet for that mission, long ago?"

Vegeta's eyes narrowed. "Bulma told you? What else did she say?"

"Calm down Vegeta." The Graf said, seeing the beginnings of rage on the Saiyan's face. "I convinced her that it would be best if I knew what happened after you stalked out of my party. She was concerned only for your welfare."

"Pity again, I'm sure. Well I don't want it."

"That is why you pushed her away, is it not?" Graf sighed, and Vegeta's eyes widened. "Yes, she told me about that too. You thought she would offer herself in such a manner out of pity, Vegeta? Your pride has blinded you in these past years."

"Pride, Graf, is all I have left." The Saiyan no Ouji hissed, his handsome face twisting into a pained scowl.

"No Vegeta. All you have left is the love of a beautiful young Servant of Chikyuu who would do anything for your happiness." The Graf said, then turned abruptly and walked away.

While everything else was happening, Yelta walked solemnly down a path in the garden, heading for the tiny grove of trees where she always went to think about her problems. "Oh Toog," she sighed to herself, "How could I have been such a fool? I should have known he would still hate me…it's not like he doesn't have a good reason."

She continued walking, remembering all the good times she and Vegeta had shared. He had been so reluctant to let her into his heart, for fear of being hurt. All the poor thing had in his life was pain, and she had gone and hurt him so badly…

"Why did I ever do it? I really did love him but…but I was young and foolish…Oh Toog! Right under his nose! How could I have done such a thing to Vegeta?" But she knew the answer already. Vegeta had never shown her much outward affection; it seemed to make him nervous. And so, like the foolish, fickle girl she was, she had run into the arms of another man without breaking it off with Vegeta first. And she had been glad she still had Vegeta when Relfer died in a freak accident. But then she had found out about little Huyv, growing in her belly. Relfer's child.

Yelta remembered feeling oddly relieved when the transmission came in telling them that Vegeta was dead. That way, she wouldn't have to tell him about the pregnancy, and how she had cheated on him. It was enough of a disgrace to have sex before marriage, but to bear a child of a man who was not her fiancée would have been the ultimate disgrace. And on top of that, she knew Vegeta would be very angry with her.

And she had been right. Vegeta had almost killed her upon his return to Toog, and years later; she still caught herself wondering why he had not snapped her neck. He had been so hurt and angry…and it was all her fault. And now she was sitting here under the trees, wishing that he would take her back? It was foolish.

Vegeta deserved better. He deserved someone who wasn't so selfish, someone who would sacrifice her own happiness just to see him smile…Like Bulma. Yes, Bulma would make him a good mate, and she would give him a son of his own that he could train and care for and be a father to. Vegeta would like that. He had always wanted a son, and Bulma would be more than happy to help him create one.

After dinner that night, Vegeta went out for a walk in the garden to clear his head. Unbeknownst to him, he was being followed by Bulma, who intended to talk to him about what had happened between them the night of the party. Unfortunately for her, Yelta slipped out of the shadows and intercepted him before Bulma got the chance to approach him.

"What do you want?" Vegeta asked harshly, as his former fiancée approached him.

"I only wanted to talk to you; to apologize for my actions." Yelta spoke. "I know I hurt you Vegeta, but I was young and foolish. I felt lonely with you because you never showed me any affection." She mumbled.

"Is that what you think?!?" Vegeta roared suddenly. "I was showing you more affection than was safe, you dumb bitch!" Yelta cringed back as he screamed. "Frieza knew everything that went on between us! If I had acted like I gave a flying fuck about you, he would have killed you!"

"Wh…what do you mean Vegeta?"

"I mean that I wasn't allowed to care about anything! You know damn well that anything or anyone I gave a damn about was destroyed immediately before I became too attached! So I wouldn't have any weaknesses." He hissed vehemently, advancing on her. "Then you had to go and fuck it all up by screwing around behind my back! Kami, couldn't you have at least waited until I was off the planet? You couldn't even show me that much respect for what I was risking for you."

"Vegeta…I"

"Shut the hell up Yelta. I don't want to hear your garbage!" the Saiyan hissed, running a hand through his thick raven mane. "You don't know what it was like, to have to go back to that ship and hear the jeering taunts from every officer on board. What's the matter Vegeta? Couldn't please the woman properly? Ohh, there's the little Saiyan no Ouji. How's your mate, little monkey? Oh that's right, she was willing to disgrace her entire family just to get away from you." He mimicked several voices of former comrades, and several of the harsh insults he must have been subjected to. "And then there was Frieza himself, the creature who murdered my entire race and beat the shit out of me on a daily basis, was now reminding me constantly of my failed relationship."

"Vegeta, please just…" she was cut off.

"You see, Chibi Saiyan no Ouji," Vegeta began, his voice a flawless impression of Frieza's, and both Yelta and the hidden Bulma wondered how he managed to distort his vocal cords in such a way. "I have told you many times that love and caring only brings pain. You refused to believe me, chibi monkey, but now you know. Never allow this to happen again, or face this pain once more." He stopped and scrubbed a hand against his face. "You know when he told me this, Yelta? He said all that while I was lying in a bloody heap on the floor at his feet, after he had beaten me in a sparring match because I couldn't think strait. Guess why I couldn't think strait. Go ahead, guess." He hissed, advancing slightly on her.

"M…me…?" Yelta murmured, stepping backwards as he continued to advance.

"Bing-Bing-Bing! Give the lady a prize…" He growled. "But, it is so very true, love only brings pain. And so, during the rest of my years in Frieza's ranks, I rid myself of the ability to love. Oh! My heart beats strong, still in my chest, yet it is dead, and without a heart, a man cannot live, he cannot love. My heart has died, and therefore so have I my lady. Mourn me, as you should have all those years ago."

All Yelta could do was watch, stunned, as Vegeta no Ouji turned and stalked right out of the garden and back into the Graf's home. She was thankful though, that he did not take off again, for then she would surely be in great trouble. "Oh dear Toog, what have I done? Oh, what have I done?" she wailed into the night, fully aware that the entire conversation had been witnessed, for she saw the bright flash of blue, as the Lady Bulma scurried away, back into the large house.

Ohhh! There you have it! The long awaited conversation between Yelta and Vegeta! And hey, I worked really hard on this chapter, so if ya don't review, I'll have to do something really mean…like put a really evil cliffhanger at the end of every chapter, and make each chapter shorter, and increase the time, between updates! MWA HA HA!!!!! I am the author! I have the power to do that, so you readers had better be good little minions and review! *Giggle* Minions…I love that word…

Next Time: Bulma and Yelta have a little talk, and the ship is finally repaired.

Please forgive me folks, but chapter 13 may take longer to get out than expected, because my computer ate the file. I had it all typed out, and now it's inaccessible, and I don't remember everything that happened, so I'll have to re write it. Sorry!

HEY!!! I want lots of reviews from you guys for this chapter, ok? I worked really hard on this one so if you dissapoint me, I'll be mad, cause I'm already having a bad day! My dog was howling at 7 this morning! Can you believe that? She was just laying in the hallway HOWLING!!!