Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Show Him How ❯ What mates are for. ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragonball Z or any of the characters seen in the show, movies, manga, etc. I am not making any money or profit whatsoever off of this story.

Author's Note: Hey all! I know, I know, chapters 13 and 14 were really short. Well, too damn bad…*giggle* I've been under a lot of stress lately, and quite frankly, I haven't really had the desire to write that I normally do. I made this chapter a bit longer than usual, although it is somewhat boring. Trust me though, the action will begin to pick up soon. To those of you who are losing interest, I am very sorry, but these gump chapters are necessary in the plot of the story. And yes, I do realize that you were simply commenting, and not flaming, so please, some of my more enthusiastic readers, don't fly off the handle! *giggle* But anyways, here's chapter 15, I hope you all like it! If you don't…then…well…I dunno.

*Special thanks to Vegetababe for beta-ing this!*

Show Him How

Chapter 15: What mates are for.

Last Time: Bulma and Vegeta leave Toog, and Vegeta does some serious thinking. He decides that they will make a detour before heading onward to Imtor.

Bulma watched in awe as a tiny little planet came into view. "Is that where we're going?" she asked, wonderment in her voice.

"Hn." Vegeta grunted in return. All in all, there had been very little conversation between the two in the three days they had been on the ship. Vegeta spent most of his time training, or avoiding Bulma, at least until he could clear his head and figure out what to do with her, and Bulma did pretty much nothing.

"I'll be glad to get out of this ship and get some fresh air into my lungs!" she exclaimed. "They do have fresh air here…right Vegeta?"

"Hai. This planet was once a training academy for high class soldiers in Frieza's army, but after his defeat, the soldiers took over, and now it's one of the most prestigious fighting academies in the universe."

"What are we gonna do here?"

"Visit some old buddies, of course."

"You have old buddies?" Bulma asked, incredulously.

"I was young once." Vegeta spat. "Things were different when I was still in training."

"Wow…I just always figured that you were the loner type…I mean, you always keep yourself distanced from the other fighters on Chikyuu…"

"Why shouldn't I keep my distance? I don't like them, and it's made very plain that I'm not welcome in their little 'group' woman."

"Okay…fair enough…" Bulma muttered, "but you could at least make an effort."

"Why fight a losing battle?"

"What happened to all that 'Saiyans never turn down a fight' garbage? That is by far the least Saiyan thing you could do!" she cried out, suddenly angry at his lack of care.

"Why be Saiyan now, woman, when it's bad to be Saiyan every other time?" Vegeta mused, enjoying the fact that he had her stumped. He continued, as she sputtered for a decent response to that. "The fact is, that you don't know what being Saiyan is about, and if you had a clue, you would realize that I am behaving as I was taught. True, a Saiyan warrior never gives up a fight, but I was schooled by Frieza to push people away." He shrugged. "And the fact is, that I see no reason to change myself so that a bunch of pansy humans will accept me."

"But…don't you ever get lonely? I mean…you never talk to anyone and…" Bulma shrugged her shoulders, not sure how to continue.

"I suppose I do…but I've been lonely my whole life. I really don't know the difference between being lonely, and not." He said simply, and Bulma had to found her soul sagging greatly. How horrible, to never know the joy of friendship… "Besides, no one knows exactly what I've been through, and no one ever will. There is absolutely nothing left in the Universe that I can truly identify with, except the fighting spirit inside me. I don't need friends." He shrugged, and Bulma was becoming annoyed with his apathetic attitude towards everything.

"But what about companionship? Don't you ever feel the need to just sit and talk to someone? To know that someone cares about you?" She asked, sounding almost close to tears. What had happened to him? Why was he so damn empty all of a sudden?

"That is what mates are for." He responded, matter of factly, as his tail flicked about by his calves.

"But you don't have a mate!" The human woman exclaimed, exasperatedly.

"Right you are." He smirked at her, an odd little sparkle in his eye. "But not for long." Bulma watched as he turned toward the large main window to look at the pretty little planet they would be soon landing on, an realization clicked in her head…almost.

"You mean, you're going to get a mate?" she asked, and he nodded. "Down there, on that planet?" he nodded again, keeping those wonderful onyx eyes on the window instead of turning to look at her. "Oh…okay. Will you take her back to Chikyuu, or will you stay out in space?"

Vegeta's eyes widened a fraction of a millimeter. She still hadn't realized what he was talking about? Didn't the silly little fool realize yet, that she would be his mate? Apparently not…Feeling in a wicked mood though, he decided to play with her.

"I think I'll take her back to Chikyuu with me…Yes…That would be preferable…I think she would like it there." He muttered, laughing inside at what Bulma must be thinking.

"What if she doesn't want to mate with you?"

"Oh, she does. Trust me, she does." He smirked again, but Bulma took it the wrong way, thinking that he must be remembering this strange woman, or perhaps a previous encounter, erotic or otherwise…no, that was definitely an 'erotic memory' smirk… In truth, Vegeta was thinking of what had happened in his room on Toog, after the Graf's little party. It was such a nice memory, that of her soft little body beneath his. It was really too bad he had been too distraught to take comfort in what she was offering.

Oh well. This will be well worth the wait.

"Well, how long has it been since you've been here? Things change!" she sputtered, trying to rid herself of the mental image of Vegeta and some alien woman entwined passionately under nothing but a bed sheet.

"The last time I stopped by was during my search for Kakarott." He said truthfully, recalling the memory. It had been nice to see the old place being used for a good purpose. "But that won't make a difference. It hasn't been long at all since last I saw her." He turned his head away. About two seconds…

"Approaching Planet's Atmosphere." The computerized voice of the Imtorite ship announced. "Receiving Transmission."

Bulma watched as one of the many screens in the ship's console lit up, and an alien face appeared. She felt Vegeta's hand at the back of her head, and jumped with a start.

"Relax, I'm just changing the translation mode so that you can understand what we're saying. I'm putting it on Universal Standard, because that's what most people will be speaking in once we reach the planet." She nodded, a tiny shiver racing down her spine as his fingers brushed against the sensitive nape of her neck.

"State your name and purpose." The alien on the screen commanded, and Vegeta strolled over toward it. Pressing a little button, he opened up the channel fully, so that the alien could see and hear him as well.

"Why Toomar, I'm hurt." Vegeta chuckled. "You're telling me you don't remember your favorite little hell raiser?"

"Prince Vegeta? Is that really you?"

"In the flesh." Bulma watched, fascinated, as Vegeta's tail swished behind him. For once though, the gesture wasn't in agitation, but seemed to be quite pleased. Oh, how she wanted to touch it…just to see if the fur was soft, and if it was warm…

"Well, it's quite a surprise…but then again, so was your last visit." Toomar smiled ruefully.

"Tell me, is Gomer planet side? I heard he had accepted a permanent teaching job here."

"Yes, yes he is! He just got back from visiting his lady friend."

"Gomer found himself a mate?"

"Not quite." The alien smiled, as if divulging a big secret. "But he told me he's going to propose next time he sees her. But don't tell anyone! There are some pretty big mouths here, and he doesn't want her to find out. I only told you because you two are close, and I know you won't tell."

"Well, this is surprising news. I'll have to congratulate him." The corner of Vegeta's lip turned up ever so slightly, and it occurred to Bulma that this was an honest-to-goodness smile for the Saiyan. "What are the atmospheric conditions today though, Toomar? My ship is about to enter."

"All's good to go for an Imtorite craft such as the one you're in! Just strap in and relax!" Vegeta nodded and turned off the screen.

"You heard him. Strap in!" he commanded, seeing Bulma just sitting in her chair like a zombie. She had been too busy thinking and watching Vegeta's tail to pay attention to the actual conversation.

"Gomen…" she flushed pink, and fiddled with the straps of her seat a bit, before finally hearing them click into place. "Vegeta…who was he? How do you know him?"

"Toomar? He was an old teacher of mine. Runs the place now though, and doing a pretty good job, from what I hear."

"Oh…does he know your future mate?" Bulma asked, timidly. She felt quite underhanded just thinking about it, but she intended on finding out everything she could about this mystery woman whom Vegeta was so smitten with.

"No. He's never met her, but he will soon though." Vegeta was just having too much fun with her. Perhaps she had inherited more than just her mother's looks after all. He thought that she would have figured it out by now…perhaps she was just stressed or upset or something. Yes, he knew stress could affect a person's state of mind and ability to think. It had happened to him several times in his own life, so it made perfect sense that it could happen to a Human, especially one who was in a positions such as hers.

Bulma clutched at her armrests as she felt the ship begin to rock with the pressure of entering the tiny planet's atmosphere, and fear suddenly struck her. Vegeta had said that this was a training academy, but didn't serious fighters like the ones in Frieza's former army like to train in high gravity? Would she be mercilessly crushed the minute she left the ship? Or perhaps that was Vegeta's plan…to kill her so he could spend the ride home alone with his mate. Or perhaps so he could go have a big nasty orgy with the Imtorites on the way home.

Get a hold of yourself Bulma, you idiot. She scolded herself. If he had wanted to kill you, he could easily have done so a million other ways. Besides, he's changed from the man he used to be. He wouldn't do that…would he?

Welp, there it is! Chapter 15! You know, I had only intended in the beginning to make this a short little miniseries, like 5 chapters or so…but look where I am now! Remember to review please! Be nice!

Next Time: Vegeta and Bulma land! But will Bulma's concerns turn out to be more than just idiotic banter? If you don't know yet, you obviously didn't read the rest of the chapter!