Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Slave ❯ Would the Real Bulma Briefs Please Stand Up? ( Chapter 55 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ or the characters.
 
A/N - You'll be pleased to know that, true to my word, I started writing this chapter as soon as I finished the last one. There goes my Sunday...but I'd rather be writing right now than anything else.
 
 
~*~
 
 
“Bulma? Are you feeling better?” Kakarot straightened up from the wall and moved to Bulma who had, after lying silently on the bed for the better part of two hours, abruptly sat bolt upright to loudly exclaim the word 'capsules' before grinning maniacally. It was off-putting to say the least and Kakarot didn't want t get blamed by Vegeta is the woman was unhinged.
 
She turned her aqua eyes on him and her grin widened, “I've felt better Kakarot, but I'm doing okay.” Her voice had a thread of excitement in it, as though there was something exciting about to happen and she could barely contain her excitement. He wouldn't have been surprised if she'd started to giggle. For a woman who had been tearing her hair out with grief only a few hours before, it was disconcerting and worrying.
 
Often, Kakarot had heard the same tone in saiyajin warrior's voices before they went into battle...but he'd never heard it from a person suffering shock before. It didn't put him on edge, exactly, but it only confirmed his suspicions that the woman wasn't in the most stable frame of mind. Clearly she had lost the plot.
 
“I need to see Vegeta.” She rolled energetically to the edge of the bed and stood up, frowning when she realised she was still wearing her hospital gown. “Damn.” She muttered and crossed the room to open up a wardrobe which had items of clothing stored inside of it. She hummed tonelessly to herself while she chose some clothes and then without so much as a look in his direction Bulma pulled off the hospital gown and began to dress herself in a long sleeved purple top and tight black jeans.
 
Kakarot toyed with the idea of leaving the room or even looking away from her, but in the end his baser instincts won out and he watched her dress with pervy interest. Her body was just as delectable as he'd remembered and it was all he could do not to cross the room and pull her into his arms. But she was not his and the thought of what Vegeta would do to him if he was caught was enough to keep him in his place.
 
Besides, he was happy to watch.
 
She pulled on some flat black boots and ran a hand through her rumpled hair, frowning when she paused to look at herself in the mirror. Sighing with annoyance she walked into the bathroom and began applying makeup with expert speed. Kakarot shook his head. The woman was acting as though nothing was wrong. It was peculiar.
 
“May I inquire as to why you need to see Vegeta?” Kakarot asked as he followed as far as the bathroom door and watched her through veiled dark eyes. “Because I should tell you that he's in a meeting that he cannot be disturbed from.” He narrowed his ebony eyes and tried to keep his voice as business like as possible.
 
“I think I have a way to destroy Frieza's armada...or at least a sizable portion of it.” She glanced at him in the mirror and frowned at him. “...and don't look at me like that!” She added, “I am far smarter than most of you realise.” She finished applying her makeup and stood back to give herself one final look. “Well, if you're serious about not being able to see Vegeta until he's out of his mirror, how about you keep me occupied?”
 
For a second Kakarot thought Bulma was propositioning him, and it must have shown on her face as a hard and jaded smile crept onto her features, he quickly shook the look from his face and tried to act casual. “What did you have in mind?” He asked guardedly, not wanting to let the human get too far under his skin when Vegeta could potentially return at any moment.
 
“I don't know, just talk to me.” Bulma moved by him and threw herself onto one of the plush lounge chairs in her room. She fussed with her clothing for a moment before glancing up at him with sweet blue eyes that looked far too innocent for everything she'd been through. “Tell me, do you think Vegeta would allow me to put my life in danger if it meant saving his Empire?”
 
“Yes.” Kakarot answered immediately, following Bulma over to the chair like a shadow. He perched on the arm of the chair and absentmindedly picked up one of her slim hands to study it, her skin was milky white and soft as silk. Again he felt the urge to take her and again he squashed his desire flat. “Why, does you plan involve you putting yourself in harms way?”
 
Please say no.
 
Bulma shrugged, “If it came down to it and that was the only way to lure Frieza to a place we wanted him to be, then yes.” She flicked her eyes up to Kakarot's ebony gaze and held it for a few moments. “He destroyed my planet and my people, Kakarot. He has to be made to pay. I have to make him pay.” The venom in her words and the spite in her eyes were stronger than any emotion that Kakarot had even seen in Bulma in the short time he'd known her.
 
Was it possible that this angry, vengeful woman was the real Bulma Briefs? Was it possible that the person that Vegeta knew and wanted was just a clever act created by a frightened little girl who wanted to live even though she'd lost almost everything? Kakarot prided himself on being able to read people, but every time he thought he had a fix on Bulma she would change in front of him and he'd be left wondering who she really was.
 
Was she the seductive vixen who would sleep with anyone if it meant she would stay free? Was she the lost little girl who wanted to rescue her friends on Earth? Was she the brainy scientist who was cold and calculating? Was she the shrewed palace consort who's heart was tougher than diamonds? Or was she the angry, bitter woman who was sick of everything and just wanted to destroy the latest threat in her life?
 
“I don't understand you. I don't get you.” Kakarot told her, squeezing her hand gently. “One moment you're frightened of Vegeta and the next you love him, one moment you're telling me that you don't want to return to him and the next you're offering to win them a war. Who is the real Bulma Briefs?”
 
Bulma tossed her hair and flashed him a smile that was sweet and sour at the same time. “I wasn't sure for a while myself, but I think I'm a little bit of everything. I still haven't figured out what I want other than that I want to be safe, I want to be happy and I want to kill Frieza. Vegeta...Vegeta makes me happy. Even when he hurts me he makes me happy and he keeps me safe. I can't go back to who I used to be, so I'll settle for the here and now.” Her smile softened. “Don't be worried about me, Kakarot. When my time comes I'm going to be in control, I know that much.”
 
Kakarot would have said more but at that moment the door opened and Vegeta walked into the room, his thunderous expression enough to put both of them on edge. Cursing himself, Kakarot dropped Bulma's hand and moved towards Vegeta, hoping and praying to any God who might care to listen to him that the Saiyajin King hadn't noticed the way they'd been sitting or the tension between them.
 
“Get out, Kakarot.” Vegeta ordered, his voice firm and his eyes distant.
 
Bowing, Kakarot moved swiftly to the door, happy to be out of there with his life. Bulma Briefs could take care of herself since Vegeta's rage didn't seem to be directed at them in particular. In fact, he seemed so angry that he just may have been distracted enough to even have noticed them straight away. Needless to say, it seemed that the war meeting hadn't been a smooth one.
 
 
~*~
 
 
Vegeta was fuming as he approached the door to Bulma's private rooms. The nerve of his councilors to suggest the course of action that they had was not only incredibly insulting but also showed what cowards they were! The fact that Zucchini, who was normally dead against anything Vegeta said in relation to Bulma, had agreed with him had only proven in his mind what a bunch of gutless old creeps they were. They had no pride in their cultures or their people! 'Anything for a good life' seemed to be their philosophy! The weak spineless fools!
 
It was time for the council to be disbanded. They had served their purpose in times of peace but their presence was becoming more and more of a hindrance - especially since the council were intended only a guiding force for the King, not as a united body who could make decisions. The old fools had forgotten their place and it was time they were reminded of it. He had always intended on disbanding the council and it was high time that he did!
 
He was so distracted by his rage and his thoughts of what he could do to the old men to really humiliate them, that as he walked into Bulma's main sitting room he almost missed the way in which Kakarot and Bulma were sitting together in one of the chairs. She curled up like a kitten on the seat and him lounging on the arm next to her protectively - holding her hand in his!
 
Kakarot instantly dropped her hand and stood up, making his way towards him as though nothing untoward was happening. Vegeta could almost believe he had been mistaken but there was something in the way that Bulma's expression changed when she saw him that made him think that maybe more was going on then met the eyes. She looked confused. Never mind. For now they could think all was well. If something was indeed going on between them, it wouldn't last long. Not once Bulma had had her first taste of the 'special' punishment he had in store for her.
 
He hadn't lied when he'd said that he'd spent quite a bit of time thinking over the sort of things that he could do Bulma to make her pay for leaving. She might say she loved him, but by the time he was truly done taking out his months of frustration out on her, she might have changed her mind - especially if he got Kakarot involved as he planned to.
 
“Get out, Kakarot!” He coldly ignored the low level and continued to walk towards Bulma who was watching him with a look that was switching between fear and excitement.
 
She was a far cry from the broken creature that he'd left in the medial bay this morning. Had Kakarot brought about this change in her? Jealousy flared up briefly and he quashed it. No, he was certain that whatever had brought about this change in Bulma was something far more personal to the little human.
 
Behind him, the door closed behind Kakarot and instantly Vegeta was by Bulma's side. She opened her mouth to speak but Vegeta ignored her and swept her into his arms, crushing her soft body against his and kissing her with possessive fury as his mind went back to the demands that Frieza had placed upon him in the war meeting.
 
How dare Frieza demand they turn Bulma over to him. How dare he suggest that by giving her to him as a new plaything that they could 'save' their Empire. It was ludicrous! Even if he hadn't spent an insane few months fighting to get the blue haired beauty back by his side and into his bed, he wouldn't have trusted anything that came out of the foul lizard's mouth. Oh, his foolish councilors had tried to make him agree to the threats - it was such a small thing to give up to save their Empire, but Vegeta knew better.
 
The demands would not stop there. Once they gave into him Frieza would begin demanding more and more of them - money, soldiers, worlds and loyalty. Who knew when it would stop! The foolish old goats hadn't wanted to go to war because of the superiority of Frieza's war armada, but even Zucchini, who loathed Bulma with every fiber of her being, had agreed that turning over the King's consort to the Icejins would not be the end of the war.
 
Frieza had tried every which way he could to convince Vegeta to give him the human and in the end had resorted to screaming insults at him about the blue haired slut and the damage she had done to his Empire, and Vegeta had terminated the transmission. He was not afraid of war. The odds were not good, but they were not impossible and he was not going to give in to the demands of a clearly insane dictator.
 
The fact that he refused to give up Bulma had nothing to do with his emotions. He was a Saiyajin King and even though he had admitted on many occasions that his interest in Bulma was more than it should be, he certainly wasn't going to jeopardise his Empire for her. No. He had refused Frieza's demands because his promises were lies. If he were to give up his bedmate and concubine, then it would stop nothing. Frieza would still sweep across his Empire, destroying planets as he went. He was certain of it.
 
Never in a million years would Vegeta have admitted to anyone that the thought of losing Bulma filled him with a horror he couldn't explain or understand.
 
 
~*~
 
 
Vegeta began steering her towards the bed. He superior strength making it all but impossible for Bulma to resist, and normally she wouldn't, but just this once she had to make him listen to her! Although she had no way of knowing if her plan or her potential invention would work, time was of the essence and if he liked what she had to say then she would have to start working on it as soon as possible to have everything set up in time before Frieza got within range of the planet.
 
She reluctantly tore her lips from his, “Vegeta I have to talk to you! I known how to destroy Frieza's space fleet - his armada!” She desperately stared into his eyes, hoping that just this once he would allow them to bypass sex so she could tell him her plan, and rather amazingly, he did. With a growl of frustration he released her from the prison of his arms and stalked away with his tail lashing.
 
“Woman, if this is another one of your ridiculous games I should warn you that I am not in the mood for this.” He gestured for her to hurry up and speak while he settled himself moodily on her bed, his demeanor indicating that if he didn't like what she had to say she would be punished.
 
“I have an idea for an new invention that could win the war against Frieza.” Bulma spoke fast, not sure how long Vegeta would give her before he'd cut her off and dismiss her idea. “I want to make my father's Capsule technology into bombs. Bombs that we can scatter in space, like a minefield, and that will be set off by remote sensors. Like the old space mines that the Saiyajins used against Earth's space defenses, only better because they'll be tiny capsules that the radar on his ships won't detect until it's too late. We can make millions of them and scatter them in a patch of space of our choosing and then lure Frieza in...”
 
Vegeta, who had sat up immediately upon hearing Bulma's idea began to scoff, “And Frieza will just willing go where we point him, will he?”
 
“He will if you give him reason to go there.” Bulma pointedly looked at Vegeta. “This will work. If Frieza can be lured into a minefield like the one I plan to build he'll have no way out and any of his ships unfortunate enough to blunder in will be completely destroyed.” She crept up onto the bed and settled herself near Vegeta who was now looking at her with an expression of grudging respect.
 
“Your idea has merit, little one.” Vegeta's eyes were burning with this knew knowledge, clearly he was trying not to appear too energised by the prospect of such a weapon in the Saiyajin arsenal, but his excitement was obvious. “But I am curious as to why you're suddenly so willing to be helpful to my people?” His eyes bored into hers but she held his gaze with a flash of steely resolve. She would not fold under his gaze as she had so many times before. She had to be strong for her people and for herself.
 
“He killed my people and destroyed my planet. No matter how much I may dislike the Saiyajin people, they are nothing compared to he Icejins. Frieza must be made to pay for what he's done - no matter what the cost.” She put her hands on either side of his face and knelt between his legs submissively. “I have no reason to hold out on you anymore. I have no reason left to fight your people when you're my only refuge now.”
 
Bulma waited patiently while Vegeta thought it over, his fingers tapping a drum beat on her arm. Finally he looked up at her again and nodded. “I'll speak to the councilors one last time and speak to Zucchini as the co-leader of the Saiyajin Empire. If they agree to it then I'll give you the go ahead to begin trials.” He paused again and leaned in close to Bulma, drawing in her scent, “He wants you, know you. Frieza, I mean. That was his only demand today when we spoke to him, but I refused.”
 
Her baby blue eyes clashed with his coal-black ones and she nodded, a small strange smile crossing her features. “I suspected that much and I guess that just makes your choice of bait that much easier, doesn't it?”
 
“I guess it does.” Vegeta leaned forward and gave Bulma a long linger kiss before he pushed past her and off the bed. “Time waits for no one, I must hold a meeting immediately with the Saiyajin leaders and, if necessary, contact Frieza to arrange a 'meeting' where he can walk into our trap. You won't have more than a week to get everything arranged, but you'll have the full weight of the Saiyajin science wing at your disposal.”
 
She tossed her hair and smiled the same odd smile. “Oh, don't worry. I'll be ready when the time comes.”
 
 
~*~
 
 
A/N - Ooh...I like Bulma's plan. It's sneaky and devious! It isn't terribly Saiyajin like, but it has the potential to real punch Frieza right where it hurts! Tune in next time for the lemony goodness of a smutty chapter featuring Bulma's special punishment...and maybe a little plot. Oh, unless you read this at fanfiction dot net. Then you get a sad flaccid version of the next chapter that is minus the smut! Thems the breaks, I'm afraid. But you can always email me or contact me at my blog to ask for the real chapter!