Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Slices of Life ❯ Catalyst ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Catalyst
100 word Drabble by Lady Lark
~*~
"Nerd!"
"Freak!"
"Smarty-pants."
Kami, I hated high school! I hated the girls with their stuck up superior attitudes. But most of all I hated the boys. Stupid boys, who made fun of me because I was smarter than them and not afraid to show it. I hated it.
They were going to regret treating me they way they did. I found something that was going to make it all better. A funny orange ball with some stars in it. I did my research. I know what seven of them brought together can do.

I'll find them!
And then they'll see.
~*~

Challenge: Defining Moment

AN: I see this as a possible Toriyama never goes into why Bulma starts her Dragonball hunt.  All we really know is that her main wish is for the perfect boyfriend.  Something with her looks and her money, she should really have no problems getting if there weren't some other issues. Speaking from experience, I know that teenage boys in general are intimidated by women who are smarter than they are and that teenage girls are some of the meanest individuals known to man.
I see this as the defining moment for the series. Because without Bulma the series never would have gotten off of the ground. Also if you think about it, it is Bulma not Goku or any other character, who provides most of the plot devices/solutions. Just like it is Vegeta who invariably in the climatic battle does something to make the scales tilt toward the hero's side
This is the first of a series of unrelated Drabbles that will be posted intermittently as I write them.