Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Son Against Father ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Son Against Father

By Silvertress

Disclaimer: I still don't own Dragon Ball Z. This fic is mine but the characters, world, and plot it's based upon I do not own.
Author's Note: Here we go people the last real chapter of this fanfiction it all ends here. You guys get one epilogue chapter after this. But this is truly the end of this story. I really hope you enjoy it. As always READ, REVIEW, and ENJOY.

On with the show:

~~

Got to hurry before it's too late he's about to do it. Piccolo went even faster and launched himself on his pupil sending him to the ground grasping fiercely his left arm. Gohan opened his coal eyes. They shone with a light of panic and confusion. Piccolo glared down at his student and gave him a reassuring look. Gohan slowly closed his eyes and the ki ball in his left hand slowly disappeared. The Namekian then put his hands on the boy's bloody right shoulder. The wound almost seemed to give off a purplish light. The Namekian countered it with an ivory one that his hands now emitted. He felt as the muscle and tissue in his student's body heal. Then finally felt the strange signal the purplish light was giving off disappear.

&nbs p; Piccolo when finished quickly stood up. Knowing his student now knew what to do. Continued striding to the other afflicted that still lay on the ground.

~~

&nbs p; Gohan being healed stood up with a new out look. He stood up easily now that the pain was gone. Time to finish this. He thought. Placing his booted feet firmly in the ground he took the stance, which was all too familiar to him. Clenching his fist together he started to let out a feral hoarse cry as he started to gather any ki he could summon. The ground its self shook from the energy. The boy's eyes quickly flickered from raven to an endless teal. His raven hair grew and turned golden. Brown dust swirled around as his ki formed a large golden aura around himself. Rocks disintegrated to powder in mid air from the energy being emitted by this hybrid.

&nbs p; The power he was using was not something to be trifled with. The source that drove it was revenge, anger, and above all preservation. The first two concepts are never good concepts but thrived in this kind of situation. They fueled his power letting him have even more access to his massive always present dormant power. His anger boiled even more from each muffled cry he heard his Father reluctantly release. Ki flowed through his body making his muscles stronger, more agile it also went into the swishing aura that had reached an unparallel size. Bolts of blue lightning struck the ground around and in the aura.

&nbs p; As the young half Saijin gathered his ki something snapped. He had access to more of his still dormant power. It almost drove him insane. The energy was so raw so powerful it felt like his body would be torn apart. But no he wouldn't let this defeat him. Gritting his teeth together he focused it channeled the random new energy through his body. Yet again he felt his body get an upgrade. His reflexes improved his muscles bursted and flexed with energy. Finally getting it under control he opened his eyes. This is the last day you'll ever see Saijin. His teal eyes glared at the cackling Saijin Prince who still pummeled his Father. Too caught up in the moment to notice your stolen ki is being taken back? Your arrogance is going to cost you. As he heard another cry of pain from his Father he pushed himself into the air and with all speed went to the source of the sound.

~~

&nbs p; Piccolo held his hands over the lifeless form of Goku's friend named Yamcha. He let his hands start to glow and concentrated on repairing his body. He had to look up suddenly as he felt Gohan's ki jumped up to a new level. His mouth hung open at the enormous energy he felt. The kid seems to have tapped into his dormant power again. But I didn't now he had that much. He has the power for the victory. But through what means will he win? That's what I'm wonder. I've taught him everything I could. Now it's the time for him to use it. Piccolo thought.

&nbs p; Inhaling deeply he went back to his work. He heard the murmurs of the already healed Tien and Krillin. Weaklings. He scoffed. If it weren't for Gohan I wouldn't waste my energy on this technique for them. The healing that he was performing took a lot of his own ki to make it effective. Doing it five times in a row was draining him substantially. If he wasn't as strong as he was he would've blacked out or even perished. You can do it kid. He thought as he felt Yamcha start to stir. One more to go, he thought as he heard Yamcha murmur something about being hit by a bus. Getting up silently he went to the body of Chowsue.

~~

&nb sp; "Time to die. You bastard." Gohan growled as he caught his Father in his arms as he fell from another attack. Gohan looked down at the swollen bloody face. His Father tried to talk but coughed up some more crimson. Ignoring the curses of the Older Saijin he whispered. "We got him. He will pay."

&nb sp; Vegita started to growl as he tried to gather more ki while hovering in the air. Suddenly his body started to fall to Earth. He could barely summon the ki to stay in the air. Immediately his hair turned back to coal, as did his eyes. Out of SSJ mode he was able to stop the fall a few feet from the ground. He landed softly on the ground, with the last of his ki. He realized that of course all his power was gone. As he saw that through some miracle all the victims of his special attack were standing and appeared to be in perfect health. He turned on his scouter and to his horror saw the power of the boy. It was off the charts nothing he had ever seen could match it. He tried to double check but the scouter exploded from the energy.

~~

&nb sp; As the Prince was going through this, Gohan saw his chance and flew as fast as he could towards Piccolo. Piccolo looked up in surprise as he saw the state Goku was in. ; &n bsp; ; &n bsp; ; &n bsp; ; & nbsp; &nbs p; "Piccolo! You have to help him." Gohan said urgently. As his Father breathed heavily in his arms. Piccolo slowly nodded. He didn't know if he had the energy left to heal his old rival. But for Gohan he would try. In a couple swift movements Goku's body was lying on the ground and Piccolo was over him, his hands in position.

&nb sp; Gohan's eyes lit up in confusion when he saw Piccolo cringing. His pointed fangs stuck out from his closed lips. &nb sp; "Piccolo?" He questioned. The Namekian looked up to him with a reassuring look. Using some of his remaining power. Piccolo forced himself to heal Goku. It took a lot of effort this time to administer the healing. The Prince had beaten Goku very seriously. Dad let Vegita hurt him like this for me. Just as last time he tried to defeat Raditz to protect the World and me. But why must he always suffer? Am I truly the cause of all this? No. I'm not. Gohan glared as he saw Vegita start to slowly descend to the ground with little control his black hair sticking out in the sun like black against white. He is that damned Prince. Well Prince it's truly time to say good-bye.

&nb sp; Gohan started striding to the Saijin as he heard Goku start to groan and move. Piccolo looked up at him with a look of weariness and concern. Gohan flashed him a smile, turned and started to walk off to get the conclusion he had wanted for about a decade.

"Hello your highness." He said mockingly as he came upon the older pureblood. Gohan almost bursted into laughter as he saw the Prince try to look more imposing and scowl. "Please. I know you can't do anything. You ran out of your own ki a long time ago." He then stretched his arms out to portray he was pointing to his ki. "If you can see I have a surplus of it. The only reason you got my Father was through stolen power. How honorable is that. I hope you understand that you're done for."

&nb sp; The Prince looked at him like an animal caught in a trap. "You wouldn't dare. How is it as you say honorable to get me at this moment? When I have no means to defend myself." He scowled. &nbs p; & nbsp; &nbs p; & nbsp; &nbs p; & nbsp; &nb sp; "Honorable?" Gohan laughed making his aura grow even bigger. Now it was about two inches from the Prince's body. "You lost that option as soon as you did your special attack. Of course you're defenseless I can sense it you've used every trick you know. Guess what you lose. You don't even have enough energy to do your wonderful energy stealing technique. Your defeat is already done. Of course I could spare you. But I know I can't with your type of person. You'll just go and terrorize other people. I can't let that happen. No one deserves the kind of sorrow I've had to live through because of you. Also you'd never leave us this planet alone it's to valuable. The one's who defeated you and the dragon balls. Letting you survive would just lead to our own downfall. It's your end Prince. You're beyond my mercy and forgiveness." Gohan said.

~~

&nb sp; The Prince looked at him through eyes' that hid emotion. He stood brave, knowing his end was near. The best had one. This child was the true Super Saijin. This thought destroyed him. All that he had worked for was already achieved. He failed and let down his whole race. He didn't deserve immortality. All he wanted was to be free of this life. There was nothing more to strive for. His life had been one of harsh pain, and death. He just wanted to be rid all of it. Now he welcomed his end there was no way he could get out of this. Everything the brat had said was true.

~~

&nbs p; Gohan was filled with confusion when after his whole speech. All the Prince did was nod and bow his head and close his eyes. Can I really do this? He's not even fighting! Is he up to something? No he seems to really want to die. The time has come for all this to finally end. But I can't do it! Why? Gohan too bowed his head and shook it back and forth.

&nbs p; He turned around as he felt an enormous burst of energy come from behind him. He squinted as he saw a brilliant yellow aura surround his Father. He jumped back as he saw a humungous blue beam come from his Father's cupped hands. &n bsp; "KAAAMMMEEE HHHAAAMMMEEE HHAAAAAA." His Father screamed in a deep voice amplified by the power behind the attack as the beam went out of his hands. Everything around the warriors seemed to shake from the intensity of the attack. Gohan had to close his eyes because the attack was so bright it seem it could blind him. After a few more moments of anxiety Gohan released himself from the blackness behind his lids. The scenery seemed dim now compared to the intense light it was bathed in a few seconds ago. Slowly his teal eyes surveyed the land as he let his aura finally go down.

&nbs p; "What?" He questioned. The spot where his adversary once stood was gone. A large crater replaced it. He looked over to his Father who with his aura gone and his hands resting on his knees breathing heavily. "Why?" Was all Gohan could questioned.

&nbs p; "You already have too much blood on your hands." He said weakly. Slowly Gohan looked back on the crater then he started to walk to join his Father and his Friends, and his Teacher. All were gathering around his Father. They all had the same look of astonishment on their faces. Goku Son was known for his mercy. "You're all wondering why I just killed him. Aren't you." It was scary how the words rolled so easily off his tongue. "It was mercy that I showed to him. He finally understood everything that he held dear was gone. He also had nothing else to live through. The power that Gohan displayed as he saw makes him definitely the true legendary Super Saijin. He knew he would never be able to defeat both of us. Making it useless to stay alive. His pride would keep him near us to try and win. But he wouldn't making just another useless struggle. He would never get his immortality or true power. There was nothing. He died the death he wanted. It's known to us…the Saijin's that they know the right moment when they're supposed to die. This time it was his." Goku finished.

&nbs p; "He's right." Piccolo said from the side of him. His arms crossed and scowling as usual. Gohan could tell even now he was relieved.

Suddenly it hit Gohan. "It's all over..." He murmured. "It's all over." He said loudly trying to actually start to believe it. The other's looked at him. He smiled and said once again. "It's all over. They're gone." Goku and Piccolo smiled and nodded simultaneously. Gohan ran to his Father once again and was caught in his embrace. "You're here." Gohan exclaimed in pure bliss. &nbs p; & nbsp; &nbs p; & nbsp; &nbs p; & nbsp; &nbs p; & nbsp; &nbs p; & nbsp; &nbs p; & nbsp; &nbs p; & nbsp;

"Yes I am son. I'm home." He exclaimed. Hugging his son tighter.

~~

&nbs p; Two pairs of feet landed softly on the grass of the Son lawn. Goku smiled down at his son whipping a black spike of hair out of his face. "She's been waiting a long time you know." Gohan said quietly. Goku nodded. "That means we really should go see her. Instead of planting roots in the garden." Gohan said lightly giving his Father a light push. Goku looked down at him with a smile on his face Gohan remembered so well. Gohan was put off when his Father ruffled his golden hair. That was something he hadn't expected. Every thing is happening so fast! First I'm training dreading wanting this day to come. Then they were here. Now they're all gone. Dad is finally here and normal. Now we're going to reunite our family. Am I dreaming? No all that happened today, everything is real. It's just strange how it seems to have gone so fast. Gohan was pulled out as he heard his Father's footsteps and then the creak of the door. That sound was the sign of change. Once it was opened he would have his family again. What now? He asked himself. Vegita died because he had nothing else to live for. Destroying the Saijins' was my only goal. Now what can I do?

&nb sp; He got his answer when he saw a small boy that was almost the mirror image of his Father in his youth run out the door. His innocent black eyes grew as he saw the man next to his brother.

&nbs p; "Gohan who is that? Are you back forever yet?" The child asked innocently. That's my new reason for living.

&nbs p; "Goten, yes I'm back for now." He then looked over to Goku who was staring at the child in awe. "Goten this is our Father Goku Son. Dad this is Goten your son." Gohan said smiling. Goten got the same exact look that Goku had plastered on his face. Gohan just bursted into laughter, both turned their gazes from each other to him. Then the gaze shifted to the noise of a new pair of feet stepping lightly on the ground.

&nbs p; "Goten? Goten what's all the noise out here?" Chichi asked walked out the door and gasped as she took in the sight on the lawn. "Goku?" She questioned. He nodded. That was all she needed, both of them went into an embrace. It had been a long time for both of them. But then turned red as they heard an ewww from both of their sons and jumped apart, and Chichi just started to giggle while her boys just smiled. This is definitely my new reason for life. I haven't really lost anything just gained a new world.

~~

Author's Note: That is how it's ending. The epilogue will tie up all the other lose ends of this fic into a nice pretty bow. If you read the ending and you thought it sucked please tell me. It was truly the only way I could think to end it. Kinda fluffy, but the epilogue is a little deeper. Now that you read it please review. Want to include something in the epilogue e-mail it to me. Comments of any kind are also welcomed; it just helps to make the story stronger. I would now like to thank everyone that has reviewed or read this fic. You're all so awesome. Finally bored, looking for what fic to go to next? Please look at my new one called Waiting.(it's the new project I'm working on.) Any way thanks for reading. C ya in the epilogue. (Same thing goes for the e-mail thing.) -Silvertress ;)