Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Son Against Father ❯ Wrap Up ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Son Against Father

By Silvertress

Disclaimer: I don't Dragon Ball Z

Author's Note: I know I haven't updated this fic for a long time. I'm sorry so here's the final chapter. As always Read, Review, and Enjoy.

On with the show;

&nbs p; It was a new life for Gohan. Almost as it was before the Saiya-jins had arrived. It had only been a few days since Goku had returned and things were already for the better. Gohan got to know his little brother truly for the first time and reacquainted himself with his Father once more. The night when they first were reunited Goku had disappeared with Chichi and him and Goten were left sitting at the kitchen table. The chairs had never been moved, so the three had become four when Goten was born. It was as if Chichi thought if she changed anything then neither one of her missing boys would come home.

&nbs p; Goten was happily babbling to Gohan about what foods he liked. Somehow like every conversation with his Father the ones with Goten ended up with the two talking about some kind of food. I can't believe it I'm getting to finally know him. I know useless facts like he loves rice cakes. This is amazing. Suddenly Goten's mouth stopped moving but hung wide down. Gohan surprised at this change turned around. There his parents stood together in each other's arms. Goku had forsaken and to Gohan's assumptions destroyed the Saiya-jin armor. Now he wore the orange gi with navy undershirt he was known to wear.

&nbs p; "It's good to be home." He said smiling. But to Gohan's dismay it was his usual smile but something in his eyes that shone was wrong. Neither his Mother or Brother seemed to notice. Maybe it wasn't his eyes but his ki. Shrugging it off he went on to reply.

&nbs p; "You're right there." Chichi who had made dinner and let it cool while she did who knows what with Goku, lay the plates down in front of them. Smiling the three Saiya-jins dug in. Doing a thing that they could do best.

~~

&nbs p; Gohan now stood in front of the dark house. Starring at the countless stars his raven hair swaying the of the wind. The stars always comforted him. He closed his eyes just letting the breeze go over his body. He heard silent footsteps that would be inaudible to other's ears. Knowing whom it was he just stayed silent. When he heard nothing said for a few moments only breathing he decided to bring the subject in need of questioning.

&nbs p; "What know?" He asked, his eyes still closed.

&nbs p; "I don't really know what you mean." Asked a voice he was not yet sick of hearing today.

&nbs p; "For the past decade we've had separate lives. Now we're together again. No matter what you say we're all different. Can we just start over that easily?" He answered he heard his Father move closer to him and place some pressure of what he assumed was his hand on his shoulder.

&nbs p; "Gohan I can truly tell you I don't know. Thinking and analyzing things was always your forte even when you were so young. I'm still recovering from what I did when I thought I was Kakkorott. I also have fresh blood on my hands with destroying Vegita. I come here to discover my wife waiting for me. A son that never knew me, and a son that wasted two thirds of his life trying to get me back. I think that I'll just go with what the days bring. If you're worried of your future, your Mother was talking of enrolling you in school. Of course that is up to question, on what you want. You've proven you're basically grown up. It's your decision. "

&nbs p; "The problem is I don't know where to go from here. You're back and the family is together but it's strange. I don't want it as it was. Me chained iron ball to the desk studying. If I do it'll be when I find it time." Gohan said with distaste at his younger days of endless studying.

&nbs p; "You could always train." Goku said absently. Slowly Gohan opened his eyes. He looked up to his Father whose gaze was up in the sky.

&nbs p; "I have no choice. If I don't the power I have would take over in fits. Instincts of your heritage make one go insane if you don't do some kind of fighting. I will train no matter what happens. When I do it that the only time I truly feel whole. But if Goten never trained how did he not go mad?" Gohan wondered out loud.

&nbs p; "You're right about the blood lust. Your Mother trained you little brother for 'just in case' situations." Goku said.

&nbs p; "Mom did that?" Gohan asked stunned. Goku turned his gaze so his eyes met his son's.

&nbs p; "We're not the only ones that have changed. The whole family is different." Goku answered. "You know what I'll do. Get use to everyone again and appreciate every moment with you all."

&nbs p; "That sounds like a good plan." Gohan nodded. "It's late I think I'll go in now." Gohan said starting to move away. Goku came up from behind him and gave him a quick embrace. Which he wasn't used to. Slowly he returned the embrace. Stepping away after a moment or two he said quietly. "I'll have to get used to that."

&nbs p; "We all will." Goku said bluntly.

&nbs p; "But it is a good thing to get used to." Gohan said turning and going into the house and what seemed odd to him his own room. This place, which was, supposed to be his seemed alien. He was used to the Look Out or the woods. But there it was. The window let in pale moonbeams that lit up the high bed and a desk full of dusty books. Slowly he went and laid on the bed slowly he closed his eyes. This is not a dream. I'm truly home. He thought.

&nbs p; But to his dismay he couldn't fall asleep in the bed. It felt to soft under his hardened back. When you sleep on the hard ground for a decade it feels very odd to lay on beds. Every since he first started his training he had slept on the ground. Sighing he got out of bed and laid on the floor. That was better the familiar feel of the hard surface beneath his back. The last thing that he saw before sleep overcame him was the shadow of his Father on the ceiling checking up on him. That night it was a sure thing Gohan Son had a smile all through his dreams.

~~

&nbs p; "Three months Piccolo. It's been that long since Dad came back. He and Goten seem very close even if Mom makes him study almost as much as she pushed me. I think she gave up hope on me. I pick up a book when I feel like it. But the rest of the time I train with you or my Dad. That's how I like it. My Father slowly seems to be getting over his whole experience. But I don't think he'll ever expel that cold shine in his eyes." Gohan said. He sat down on a rock about five feet above his mentor while he went through series of kicks and punches in the air. The green Namek may seem to be occupied but Gohan knew he was listening.

&nbs p; "It's the dried blood he has on his hands or soul. It happens to anyone that kills. If you look I have one just as anyone who spilled blood that wasn't his or her own. Even you've developed it." Piccolo said stopping to look up at his pupil. The wind going through the surrounding trees making a slight whistling sound.

&nbs p; "Is that true?" Gohan asked Piccolo slowly nodded as an answer.

&nbs p; "Why are you here Gohan?" Piccolo asked abruptly.

&nbs p; "You know why Piccolo. You're the only one I can truly talk to. I know you want to know how I am. You're truly like a member of my family. I mean I know now that you could've died healing all those people. You took me when I was young and made me who I am." Gohan said.

&nbs p; Piccolo now a deep emerald that almost matched the pine needles on the trees, went on to say. " I did what I thought was right. But you're who you are because its you. The person you've become is not because of me. You say I could die but you almost killed yourself if I hadn't healed you to save your Father." Piccolo said.

&nbs p; "But it had to be done. I made it my promise to return my Father home no matter what." Gohan said.

&nbs p; "Not many would do that. You didn't do it out of necessity but of what you thought was right." Piccolo said. Gohan's teal eyes were wide at this statement. Compliments were not Piccolo's forte. The moment was interrupted by his Father's voice.

&nbs p; "Goo…. O there you are Gohan. Ready to train. O there you are Piccolo. You can come too. Come on." Goku said hovering in the air before his son.

&nbs p; The pair nodded and rose into the air to join the Saiya-jin, who sped off toward the field they usually used for training.

&nbs p; "You know I asked Dad when he first came back. What now? What to do with my life. His answer was right live life day by day, and cherish every moment." Gohan said quietly to Piccolo as they flew behind Goku.

&nbs p; "At times your Father isn't as dense as he appears to be." Piccolo said wryly. Giving his teacher a look he went to join his Father a little ways ahead. Goten stood in the field stretching looking so much like his Father it was chilling. Gohan let his hair turn back to black so his power would be closer to his brother's. Opposite of sparring with Piccolo if you used your full power you would die at the hands of Chichi; Still one of the most feared beings in the world.

&nbs p; "Wait Gohan take me on." Goku said smiling. Piccolo raised an eyebrow at the younger child, while Goten just grinned. "Don't go to hard on him." Goku smiled. As he flew higher into the sky and let his hair turn gold. Sighing Gohan inhaled and let his hair turn the same hue. Going at each other in the complex kicks and punches both smiled. This is what the training was about, the artistry of the moves not the power. After who knows how long both had been reduced to black hair and panting on the ground. Goten was now running from Piccolo saying that he was being mean. As he was running away from the Namek who was firing purple ki beams out of his eyes, Goten collided with the two heavy breathing Saiya-jins. At that they all started to laugh. Piccolo just turned away muttering something about hybrids and Saiya-jin blood.

&nbs p; Goku then went on to tickle the small eleven year old that started laughing so loud Piccolo had to cover his pointed ears. This is what my life is now. Whatever naturally happens is my life. You don't need a purpose. Just life.

The End

Author's Note: thanks for reading please review. And that's all too say. Except; The End