Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Son Against Father ❯ Gohan's Thoughts ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Son Against Father

By Silvertress

Input by Cheeto (My little bro)

Chp: 1

Disclaimer: I don't own any part at all of Dragon Ball Z

Authors note: This is going to be a short fic (maybe a few chapters, who knows if I get enough reviews I could make it longer. ;) Just to get the idea out of my head and onto paper, give you people something to look at as I work on my other fics. Please R&R and review. This is short because it's basically the introduction to the rest of it….J

;)

Gohan's Thoughts

It all happened when I was 5 and a half. That's when, this my current life started. My father took me to meet his friends at a reunion. Twenty minutes or so past… How clearly I remembered it. My dad was getting up to date with his friend… I think his name was Krillin. He looked short and was bald. Then a face of horror struck his face. He stated that he felt the most terrible strongest power or ki he had ever felt. Then Krillin and the old guy… um Master Roshi got the same look on their faces saying they felt it to. The girl Burma, no Bulma said she had no clue what they were talking about.

Then he came. The waves parted as he flew at such a fast speed. Then he landed in front of my Father. The one who would destroy him and me. My uncle, Raditz. He sneered at him. He looked ferocious. "Kakkorott, you failed you fool." He seemed to yell. Then the girl Bulma grabbed me as I tried to run to my Father.

"Stay back Gohan." He warned me. That would be the last thing he would ever say to me.

" Here's the deal since, you haven't conquered this hell forsaken planet. I guess you must have lost your memory. You don't seem to remember me my dear brother." Raditz said. Of course my dad had no clue what he was talking about.

" My dear brother. You are of the noble race of the Saijins. We clear these planets of the life or waste and then sell them to the highest bidder. We send our babies to the weak planets and our stronger adult warriors to the stronger planets. Of course we have a very interested buyer in this one. But no you are more important. See our home planet Vegita was destroyed by meteors or some disaster. There are only four of us left including you." He explained.

"There's no way my home is here." Stated Dad

Master Roshi then explained how his Grandfather Gohan (who I'm named after) found him in his capsule. He was disobedient uncontrollable at first. Then he fell and hit his head on a ravine, then was nice and happy. That proved he was an alien meaning I was half saijin. My Father being himself said he would never join Raditz. Then Raditz threw something at him, to fast for him to block. It was some sort of tiny metal box. It landed on his neck and I think it injected something into him. My father collapsed. Krillin and Master Roshi both ran to him. Raditz strode up knocking the two away as if they were some kind of insect. Both of them hit the wall of the house; and were knocked unconscious. Scarlet blood was flowing from their mouths. Bulma who still held to me tightly screamed as I yelled for my Father.

" Your father has been induced with one of the universe's strongest anesthetics. He'll be out for about 5 months, during that time we will. How do you say it reprogram him to our way of thinking (brainwash)." Raditz explained picking up my Father's lifeless body. That was it; my rage consumed me, the inner power that now I know so well now was unleashed. I head butted him right in the stomach. He seemed to falter for a second with surprise of my attack. He bent over with either pain or amazement from my blow. But a second later he seemed to shrug it off.

After that exertion of power without training I was knocked unconscious. Luckily my Uncle had to leave abruptly for my Father seemed to start to stir in his arms. One minute he was there, but supposedly he touched a button on his scouter or the device attached to his head. He then was gone, as was any trace of my Father's energy.

Piccolo who had been watching all this came up and took me from Bulma; who was now trying to wake me up.

" I'm taking the kid. He has the potential power hidden inside him to be the strongest of us all. There is no way we can find Goku now. All we can do is prepare. And if his uncle saw what I saw, he'll be coming back for the kid. He must learn to protect himself." With those words to a stunned Bulma he took off with me in his arms, still asleep.

The following months were a horrible, terrifying, wondrous experience. I was scared because I wanted my Mother and Father. But for the first time I felt like myself. Like all those years I had been missing something. I know I sound like, I couldn't possible know that at such a young age, but somehow I did. These months consisted of wildlife training. It taught me to be independent and strengthened my body. During the time I met one of my first friends, Ickerus (a little purple dragon I saved). That time is a blur, and then the real stuff started my training with Piccolo. That has been going on for about ten years or so. I still must train to become strong enough to win my Father back.

How time passes. Now I am almost as strong as Piccolo. Sometimes I sneak away to see my Mother. I know she misses me but this is for the best. When I was about 12 I told her it was my choice to live my life this way. I must protect myself this planet and soon save my Father. I don't know what has kept the Saijins away from this planet for so long. But Kami says they are coming, and soon maybe within half of a year. I still feel I must be stronger so does Piccolo. He has been my friend, master, and mentor all these years. He thinks we might be able to do it. He also says my Dad's old friends Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chowsue have also been training for this time to come; Kami told them about a year ago.

Some may think what kind of life I'm leading. I have no idea. I wasn't given any choice. I will not be those damn Saijins' slave. When the time comes I will fight. Fight to my last breath if I must. Father you'll be free that I vow. Anything else I'm not sure. But I'll be ready when the moment comes I'll triumph.

That's the intro to the new fan fiction. Hope you enjoyed it. Please review or e-mail me with any comment or suggestions. Thanks. There's still more to come.