Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Soul Blues for Raditz and Goku ❯ Breaking Point ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the anime or manga Dragon Ball Z. Toriyama created it, and Toei Animation Co. Ltd. Shuisha Bird studios does. This is written out of respect for a wonderful series and I make no money from this. My fan fiction means no harm to either one.
 
Breaking Point
How Far can Two Women go Before they blow?
****
Chichi was in a foul mood. Granted that seemed to happen more and more, Stellari thought as she glanced up from where she was sitting quietly with Gohan over a chemistry text. Loud cries of outrage made both of them grit their teeth. Fermi and Bohr looked up from where they sat on the floor at her feet and one of them whimpered, "Mommy… I'm scared."
 
"Don't be," said Fermi. "It's just Auntie Chichi getting ticked off at something again."
 
"She's not going to hurt you," Gohan said quickly in defense of his mom as he thrust a pencil behind one ear. "She's just… well ever since Daddy and I were training she's been on edge."
 
"I think I can sympathize since hardly anyone pitches in to do housework," Stellari mumbled. She got up when she saw Gohan wince at another scream and a crash. Chichi was rapidly yelling at someone and she wondered who the recipient was.
 
"I think I'd better see if she needs help," said Gohan.
 
"You sure you don't want me coming along?" Fermi asked his adoptive cousin.
 
"Maybe you two should go outside and spar a little," said Stellari. "I'll see what's going on."
 
"Um, I'd go out the window if I were you," Gohan suggested meekly. Fermi and Bohr nodded gratefully and then they were gone.
 
"Sheesh, this is getting to be a habit," Stellari mumbled.
 
"GOHANNNHN! Mommy needs you!" came a loud shrilling cry. Stellari grumbled and threw down her book as her nephew looked hopelessly at her.
 
"This is getting ridiculous," Stellari grumbled. "Homework's over for today. I think you can do these last problems on your own."
 
"But Mom needs…" Gohan started.
 
"Mom needs a break. This is a job for another grown woman in the house," said Stellari as she slapped the book down in front of Gohan. Swallowing with relief he thanked his lucky stars his Aunt was going to field this one.
 
Stellari quickly moved into the chambers of the Son home, cursing under her breath in Italian as she heard Piccolo shouting, "He NEEDS to train!"
 
"He's STUDYING! I will NOT have you wrecking his chance for catching up!" Chichi shouted.
 
"THERE Won't Be a planet for him to grow up IN if he doesn't…"
 
"I won't HEAR it! I'm not listening!" Chichi said in a half singsong voice.
 
"You're crazy!" Piccolo shouted. "I don't know WHY I bother!"
 
"I'm not listening!" Chichi continued to chant. Stellari saw Piccolo storm out of the kitchen with a snarl and a nasty expression.
 
"I can't STAND this! I swear if she weren't a woman I'd…"
 
"Gohan's in his room. I think I'll see what her Highness wants," said Stellari with a sigh.
 
"The boy is training today. I don't CARE what she says! Let Goku deal with her!" Piccolo snarled.
 
"Let me handle this," Stellari sighed, and Piccolo grunted.
 
He wandered down the hall to Gohan's room and soon Stellari saw Chichi marching out with her sleeves rolled up and a broom in her hand. She asked, "Where did he go, and WHERE is Gohan! He needs to take his medicine! If he doesn't…"
 
"Do you need help with something?" Stellari asked, blocking Chichi's access to Gohan's room.
 
"I wouldn't DREAM of it! You're helping Gohan study!"
 
"I think he can handle this last set of problems. I saw a pile of dishes that have my name on them," Stellari said as she marched past Chichi into the kitchen.
 
"Well since you insist," Chichi said, with a sigh of relief as the other woman quickly started to boil water and fill an impossibly large sink. Stellari's hands moved quickly as she struggled to make a dent in the dishes. To Chichi's relief the chemist stacked things quite neatly without so much as a complaint.
 
"I swear that… that Piccolo is going to drive me NUTS! He and Goku train all blasted day and don't lift a FINGER to help!"
 
"Men," Stellari said. "They do tend to forget who keeps things running don't they?"
 
"Don't get me STARTED! Well since you're so kind enough to help with the dishes maybe I can hunt Gohan down and give him his medicine," she said.
 
"What exactly does he take it for?" Stellari asked.
 
"He's had the worst case of stomach virus. He's got a delicate constitution you know!"
 
"Fermi and Bohr had that happen. They weren't getting enough starch in their diet. You make a lot of spicy foods. If you try some carbs with it, that neutralizes the acid reflux," Stellari said.
 
"Huh, strangest thing I've heard. But I suppose I AM a bit hard on his stomach with my cooking," she murmured.
 
"You don't have to stop using pepper. Just cut it down by a bit, and I'm sure you'll get the same effect. And serve some plain yogurt. That counteracts hot capacins," said Stellari.
 
"You NEED to sit down! My goodness you can't be slaving over a sink in YOUR condition!" Chichi suddenly wailed as she grabbed Stellari and almost yanked the other woman away from the sink.
 
"I'm FINE!"
 
"I won't hear it! You shouldn't be doing so much work when you should be sitting with your feet up!"
 
"I can sit down and do the dishes. Or better yet give me something to do sitting on a stool," said Stellari with a frustrated grunt. Chichi was maddening. Wanting help but not accepting what was given.
 
"Raditz you stupid jerk, where the HELL are you?" Stellari grumbled in her mind. She knew that Raditz had gone off with his younger brother on some sort of 'training mission' elsewhere, but lord only knew how far away it was. She felt frustrated that she had to face Chichi's insanity all alone.
 
"Here I think peeling potatoes you can sit down for," Chichi sighed. Stellari nodded, wiping away a tear of frustration and settled down to do the task that the control freak gave her.
 
"I'm going nuts," Stellari said.
 
"You think You're going crazy? Try putting up with those MEN for days on end! I swear that Piccolo is going to make my poor little Gohan do some NASTY things for training when he's supposed to be studying!"
 
"It's hard for ANYONE to study with those androids out there. I'm worried sick that there won't be a world for Fermi and Bohr to grow up in if someone doesn't fight those damn things," Stellari sighed.
 
"I won't have my Gohan fighting! I've had enough!"
 
"Don't blame you there. But he IS strong," said Stellari.
 
"Don't You start too!" Chichi whirled on her.
 
"Just making an observation," Stellari said holding up her hands. "I guess if Gohan can't fight, then someone else will have to save the world!"
 
"AMEN! You don't know how many times I've tried to tell Goku but will he listen NO!!!" Chichi threw up her hands. Stellari groaned, shaking her head because Chichi had missed the sarcasm in her comment.
 
"But I didn't mean…"
 
"To find SOMEONE who understands what I go through!" Chichi sniffled and leaned down to give Stellari an almost crushing hug. "Oh you don't know how long I've waited for SOMEONE to hear me! You understand!!"
 
"Uh well I guess I do," Stellari groaned, as Chichi buried her head in the other woman's shoulder and promptly broke down crying. She felt as if she would go insane herself if she had to be subjected to another minute of Goku's wife's rants. It dawned on her that Chichi was leaning heavily into her and almost soaking her shoulder as she wept.
 
"Um… Chichi, it's okay… really. I've only been here two weeks and I'm going crazy," Stellari mumbled, feebly rubbing the other woman's back. Chichi pulled away, wiping her red tear filled eyes and sniffled.
 
"I swear I'm going to kill one of them! They just don't GET it!" Chichi mumbled, wiping at her eyes with a sleeve of a neatly stitched robe.
 
"Chichi, how bad HAS it been? Is it just because you're worried about Gohan getting hurt?" she asked.
 
"It's not just THAT! My baby boy was taken from me by that MONSTER for a year, and I have to wait on him hand and foot while he and that HUSBAND of mine go out and do that idiotic training all day! All I ask is for some NORMALCY around here, but NO! First those damn Saiyans, and now androids! I can't TAKE it!" she growled.
 
"Don't you ever get out and do something for yourself?" Stellari asked. "Like um…"
 
"Like what?"
 
"Shopping?" Stellari said lamely, twisting her fingers into her robe.
 
"It's been FOREVER," Chichi drew in a deep sigh. "But trying to get those two into a store is a nightmare! And Goku STILL hasn't passed his driver's test! And I need a car!"
 
"I suppose you driving is out of the question?"
 
"I can't do it ALL myself!" she glared at Stellari.
 
"Whoa, time out," Stellari said, finally on her last nerve. "Nobody said that! Just what is making you so pissed of lately! I swear I'm going nuts because You're going nuts!"
 
"Well hurray, someone ELSE is just as miserable as me!" Chichi threw up her hands. "Welcome to my life, lady!"
 
"Oy, I am in hell," Stellari groaned. She felt like she was going to scream any minute. "This is just great! I'm stuck in HELL while Raditz gets to fly, and I can't do a goddamn thing because I'm STUCK as a fricking TARGET!"
 
"You think you have problems?" Chichi shouted, pacing around the kitchen. "My husband won't lift a FINGER to do a DISH! And he NEVER uses the door… he just has to go in through a window!"
 
"At least he doesn't eat raw meat," Stellari shouted back, stepping right in Chichi's path.
 
"Oh GOD that's DISGUSTING! How horrible!" Chichi made a face. "You mean you let your husband eat RAW MEAT?"
 
"I can't stop him! I'm not some damn control freak!" Stellari shouted back, her face going red.
 
"Well haven't you tried?" Chichi yelled, shoving her face into Stellari's.
 
"You think I WANT him spitting half chewed meat into my MOUTH?" Stellari practically hollered. At this Chichi actually backed up. Stellari was livid, hands on her hips and heaving in and out with palpable fury as her aura crackled purple.
 
"You're joking," Chichi suddenly said in a low whisper.
 
"I'm NOT JOKING!" Stellari yelled. The windows rattled and Chichi stared at her in disbelief.
 
"Would someone STOP yelling!" Piccolo hollered. "I can't think!"
 
Chichi and Stellari shared a very peculiar look. Both of them dripped with sweat matting their dark hair. Tendrils of it had slipped out of their hairdos and whisped around their faces. Stellari's glasses steamed up and she must be as pink in the face as Goku's wife was. "That does it. He's DEAD!" Chichi snarled, grabbing up a broom and marching out.
 
"Wait, where are you going?" Stellari shouted.
 
"Take this, you'll need it!" Chichi snapped, shoving the broom in Stellari's hand. "I am getting that lazy green bum OUT of here! I just KNOW he's training my Gohan! He ALWAYS does this when I'm slaving away!"
 
"But what the hell is THIS for?" Stellari demanded as she saw Chichi grab a rolling pin from the other kitchen items with one hand. Her other grabbed Stellari's free hand and she dragged the scientist out after her.
 
"We're going to show these males who's in charge, that's what! And you're going to help me! You have to stand up for yourself, Stellari, or they'll walk all over you!" Chichi fumed as Stellari was forced to keep up.
 
"This is nuts, I can't do this!" Stellari mumbled as she saw her sister in law racing out the door. Gohan and Piccolo were poised in the front yard, but Piccolo had a look of anger on his face as he sat on his backside.
 
"Mom… um… I can explain…" Gohan started out.
 
"What are you doing out here young man! You PROMISED me you'd study!"
 
"He needs to train! How many damn times must I tell you?" Piccolo shouted. "You annoying infernal idiot!"
 
"Don't call my mom names, Mr. Piccolo!" Gohan shouted. "That's not nice."
 
"Someone HAS to knock some SENSE into her!"
 
"I'll knock YOU, you green menace! You've turned my Gohan against me! And I'm SICK of it!" Chichi shrilled as she brandished her rolling pin at Piccolo. He actually took a few steps back.
 
"Mom… are you…"
 
"Everyone just calm down!" Stellari shouted, pushing between the Namekian and her sister in law. She held the broom up as Piccolo took a threatening step toward her.
 
"Not you too, dammit! One harpy is enough!" Piccolo exploded.
 
"Who the HELL are you calling a harpy, you jerk!" Stellari shouted. "I'm not the one acting like a lunatic!"
 
"I can't TAKE this anymore!" Piccolo exploded.
 
"That makes TWO of us! I give you the hospitality of my home and you do nothing but manipulate my own SON against me! Is it too much to ask for some RESPECT? And now you insult my sister in law! You've stepped over the line, you green menace!" Chichi shrilled, whirling her rolling pin.
 
"Mom, don't do this!"
 
"Gohan, your mother is INSANE!" Piccolo glared at him. "How can you just stand there and let her…"
 
"You're the one who's MAKING me insane! You want to see insane?" Chichi hollered, face red with fury as the tension snapped and she actually took a swing at the namekian.
 
"Mom don't!" Gohan shouted. Piccolo's eyes flashed green and he raised his arms as a wind swept out and blasted against Chichi, pushing her back. She tumbled into Stellari who suddenly happened to be in the way. Fortunately two red blurs moved up and swept out with their powers, catching both Stellari and Chichi before they hit the walls of the house.
 
"Piccolo, stop it! Don't hurt her!" Gohan shouted, blocking his mentor as he held both his arms out. Definitely Gohan stared his teacher down.
 
Piccolo glared angrily at him. "Gohan, when you're ready to train, you know where to find me. But you know I'm right!"
 
"Get OUT of here before I REALLY loose it!" Chichi shrilled. Piccolo and Gohan exchanged a dangerous look as Stellari sat there.
 
Just then Goku suddenly appeared next to his son, his eyes filled with confusion. "Dad!" shouted Gohan.
 
"Where the HELL were you?" Chichi shouted as she stumbled to her feet.
 
"Piccolo, Gohan, I felt your power flaring. What's going on?" Goku asked.
 
"It's all your fault you idiot!" Chichi shouted, charging up with her dark eyes blazing. "I can't take one more MINUTE of him being here! I'm putting my foot down!"
 
"But Chichi…"
 
"Goku, your wife is out of control!" Piccolo got out.
 
"Oh help," Stellari groaned as she sat there and put her hands to her head. "I'm going insane just LISTENING to this!"
 
Raditz landed nearby, seeing Chichi screaming and shaking her fists at Goku who was trying desperately to calm her down. Piccolo growled and flared with purple energies, while Gohan bit his lip and Fermi and Bohr moved close to Stellari. The scientist curled up and rocked back and forth, tears swarming in her eyes. "I can't TAKE THIS ANYMORE!" Stellari howled as she twisted her fingers in her hair.
 
"Mommy, easy," Fermi urged.
 
"Mommy, I'm scared," Bohr whimpered, as he hung onto her and Fermi stood between Chichi and Goku arguing watched by a fuming Piccolo and a very upset Gohan. Back and forth the poor boy looked, his eyes moist with tears to see his mother and father arguing. Raditz shook his head at the scene and saw his nephew on the verge of loosing it.
 
"Mom, Dad, please stop it!" Gohan cried.
 
"I've had enough of this. Gohan, are you going to sit here and take this or come and do something useful and train?" Piccolo glared at him.
 
"Please someone make this stop," Gohan began to sniffle. Tears filled his eyes and he broke down crying as he turned away. With a snort of disgust Piccolo flared his power, and blasted off.
 
"What the hell is going on?" Raditz mumbled as he rushed over to where Gohan was about to run away.
 
"Mom and Dad won't stop arguing! And Piccolo's mad at me because…"
 
"Young one, I'll handle this," Raditz sighed. "I'll make them stop. You go train with the Green I mean with the Namekian."
 
"But Mom and Dad will yell at me!"
 
"They're too busy fighting to notice anything else," Raditz said as Gohan looked up at him helplessly. With a sniffle and a nod he blasted off in the direction Piccolo had gone. Something in his uncle's stoic nature gave him the out he desperately needed. With a snort of anger Raditz marched over to where Stellari was sitting on the ground.
 
"Daddy, Mommy won't stop crying," Fermi said as he rushed over.
 
"Take your brother and go in the house," said Raditz. "I'll stay here."
 
"But…"
 
"Please do as I ask, young warriors. This is something for adults to handle," Raditz said sternly. Both twins nodded and looked at one another. They knew better then to argue with Raditz at this point.
 
"I can't take this, I swear to Kami I can't take this!" Stellari sniffled as Raditz crouched next to her and he wrapped a strong arm around her.
 
"This is ridiculous. Why didn't you call me earlier?" Raditz chided her.
 
"I didn't want to interrupt your family bonding," Stellari growled at him.
 
"but Chichi, he HAS to fight!" Goku protested.
 
"Don't you BUT Chichi me, mister! The namekian GOES! I've HAD it with that lazy freeloader! He doesn't do ANYTHING to help!" Chichi shrilled. "And YOU… what do you do? You can't even hold down a JOB!"
 
"There won't be any jobs if I don't train to fight!" Goku protested. A flash of purple ki suddenly exploded, startling both husband and wife.
 
"Oh for the love of Great Father Oozaru will you two SHUT up!" Raditz hollered. Chichi and Goku turned to see the elder son of Bardock crackling with power. The top spikes of his mane stood on end with the static electricity as he held his hand up, flickering with another purple sphere.
 
"Raditz, now hold on there…"
 
"I've heard ENOUGH of this senseless bickering! You think the Androids NEED anyone to stand against them with this foolish prattle? We might as well just give up now for all the good you two are doing!" Raditz snapped.
 
"Now who the HELL died and made You in charge, buster!" Chichi yelled at him.
 
"Don't you DARE even START, missy!" Stellari shouted back, her own temper worn to shreds. "He's RIGHT!"
 
"Can't you control your woman, Kakkarot? I won't have my mate pulling her hair out with this stupidity!"
 
"We didn't' ASK you to stay!" Chichi shrilled at him. "If you don't like it you can LEAVE!"
 
"Fine, it wasn't my damn idea to come here in the FIRST PLACE!" Stellari screamed, rushing forwards with her hands flickering with power. Raditz caught her around the middle.
 
"Then GO!" Chichi responded. Goku had to grab her by the waist and hold her close to his body as she started to kick and flail. The sight of both Saiyans holding their fuming wives back was comical if it wasn't so serious.
 
"Stellari, calm down!" Raditz said.
 
"Chichi, easy now, calm down!" Goku urged at the same time. "There's no need to freak out!"
 
"Goku so help me I swear I'll…"
 
"She's fucking insane! I can't stand this! I swear if she doesn't shut the hell up I'll explode!" Stellari hollered at the same time. Both brothers looked at each other helplessly as they strained to hold either woman away from attacking one another. Go
 
"Chichi, that's enough," Goku said angrily. "You've gone too far this time."
 
"Goku, don't you tell me how far to go!" Chichi whirled her head and shouted at him.
 
"You conceited, controlling JERK!" Stellari countered. "God FORBID you can't keep a leash on your own husband!"
 
"Why you… you stuck up… ungrateful BITCH!" Chichi shrilled. Still Goku held her firmly. Spinning her around he held her close to his body. She started to beat his chest and kick, but Goku held her firmly in an embrace to Raditz surprise.
 
"Someone has to shut her up! She's a fucking control freak!" Stellari yelled at Raditz.
 
"Then you calm the hell down!" Raditz growled as he turned Stellari in his arms so she was caught against his body. Goku couldn't stifle the chuckle to see Raditz tail snake out and pin her as Raditz grasped either hand.
 
"That's ENOUGH Chichi," Goku growled, his lips near his wife's ear. "You have to stop this."
 
"Let me at her!" Chichi ranted. "Goku, let me go!"
 
"Not till you calm down," Goku answered, wrapping her in his strong arms against his body. Although her punches would have hurt an ordinary man, they were nothing to the warrior. Finally Chichi collapsed in his arms and buried her face in his chest. Stellari fought her own tears as her own mate continued to hold her close to his armored body. One of her own fists pounded his own chest and she winced at the pain.
 
"You idiotic fool, you could break your hand doing that! Knock it off!" Raditz urged.
 
"I can't believe this, I'm… I'm shaking like some stupid kid! I almost lost it!" Stellari whispered.
 
"Man, this is really one day I wish I stayed in bed," Goku's thoughts echoed in his brother's mind.
 
"For once I agree with you Brother," Raditz nodded, his own mental dialogue confirming Goku's sadness.
 
"What am I going to do? I hate seeing her cry like this?"
 
"Brother, you and she need time alone. If there was only some place Stellari and I could go I'd leave, but the Prince ordered us to…" said Raditz.
 
"Wait a minute, there IS a place you can go," Goku said aloud.
 
"What?" Chichi said wearily.
 
"Stellari and I… will leave for a while. You two need to be alone. We've abused your hospitality and taken it for granted," said Raditz.
 
"But I can't just… you're guests," Chichi sighed.
 
"They can stay in Grandpa Gohan's house," said Goku.
 
"Are you nuts, Goku?"
 
"I think he's right. I'm sorry I yelled Chichi, but I'm just as sick of all this as you are. I think we need time away from each other. You and Goku need to be together, and work this out," said Stellari.
 
"But training…"
 
"Brother, you and your mate need time alone. Let Gohan train with Piccolo," said Raditz.
 
"But…"
 
"I think that's a great idea, don't you Chichi?" said Goku quietly. "Grandpa Gohan's house isn't far away, and it's really nice and quiet. You both can take some food and supplies and stay there if you like…"
 
"We'll do it, Kakkarot," said Raditz with a nod as Stellari and Chichi both looked sullenly at one another.
 
"I… I'm sorry too," Chichi said as Goku let her go. "I just… this all makes me so insane."
 
"I know, me too," Stellari said as she stumbled out of Raditz arms. Both males let go and saw their wives stumble over and fall into each other's arm's.
 
"I didn't mean to call you a bitch!" Chichi started to sniffle as she pushed her face into Stellari's shoulder.
 
"And I'm sorry I said what I did. But you need to ease up," Stellari mumbled. Disbelieving their eyes, Goku and Raditz shook each other's heads. Still Chichi hugged Stellari and bawled into her shoulder while Stellari simply sobbed against the other woman's cheek. For some reason it felt good to be held by a female set of arms, and she welcomed Chichi's desperate embrace as they slowly rocked. IT was strangely surreal.
 
"Kami I must look a mess," Chichi mumbled.
 
"My eyes are all red, and I feel absolutely disgusting," mumbled Stellari as they both straightened up. Still they kept their arms around each other and regarded one another with tear stained faces.
 
"Maybe you two would like to take a hot bath?" Goku said. "I mean I can start it up, and um… well…"
 
"I will hunt for some dinner," Raditz said quietly. "You prepare the bathing facility and I'll take care of food."
 
"Okay," Goku nodded.
 
"But…" Chichi started.
 
"Let them. I don't know about you, but I think you could use a cup of that tea or something," Stellari said.
 
"I've got some green tea… wait ginseng would be better, I have some in the kitchen behind the regular. We can have some while the boys take care of business," Chichi started. She wrapped her arm around Stellari's shoulder and ushered her into the house. Both brothers heaved a sigh of relief to see them getting along.
 
"Is she always like this, Kakkarot?" Raditz mumbled to Goku.
 
"This is the worst it's gotten in a while," Goku said quietly, as he moved to stand near his brother. "Man I thought Chichi looked pissed. Stellari looked ready to kill her."
 
"Your mate is louder then mine," Raditz looked at him.
 
"I don't know about that," Goku chuckled, slugging him on the shoulder. "I think we BOTH ended up with a handful."
 
"Humph, shut up and run that bath," Raditz glared at him. Goku grinned and flashed him the thumbs up as he phased out. Raditz grumbled an oath in Saiyanese and blasted off to hunt for something large enough to feed two hungry Saiyans and their crazy mates.
 
***