Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Soul Blues for Raditz and Goku ❯ Pampering the wives ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the anime or manga Dragon Ball Z. Toriyama created it, and Toei Animation Co. Ltd. Shuisha Bird studios does. This is written out of respect for a wonderful series and I make no money from this. My fan fiction means no harm to either one.
 
A/N: Butterfly V suggested that it would be interesting to see a chapter where Raditz and Gohan resolve their differences. So I did my best to write this. There's a lot of action in it, and not many words. But it's how I picture two fighters trying to deal with conflicting emotions building up over years. I hope it makes sense!
 
Spa-ing
***
 
"Fermi, Bohr, could you come out here?" Goku called into the home. Fermi and Bohr emerged, looking warily back and forth.
 
"Yeah Uncle Goku?" asked Fermi.
 
"How would you like to help me and your Dad with a mission?" Goku asked.
 
"Is it to help Mom?" asked Fermi.
 
"Yes. I need someone to help me find the bath stuff and some other things that women like…"
 
"You mean like that sweet smelling incense and candles and all that junk?" Fermi asked.
 
"It's not junk," Bohr glared at him.
 
"Boys, easy now," Goku said, holding up his hands after phasing between them. Both twins glared at one another fists at their hips. Oddly they resembled mirror images of one another ready to pounce and wrestle. Somehow he had to divide them so they could diffuse the tension they had absorbed through their empathic abilities.
 
"Fermi, you can sense where your Dad is, right?" Goku asked.
 
"Yes," he nodded.
 
"Then go find him and help him hunt dinner. I'm sure he could use the help…" said Goku winking at Bohr.
 
"Sounds good. See you, Uncle Goku!" Fermi nodded. He blasted off and shot like a small firecracker in the direction his mind sensed Raditz.
 
Opening his perceptions, Fermi reached for a different mind. If he concentrated with his 'third eye' like Tien had once taught him he could see the flickering chis all around him. Yet he switched to mental signatures, sensing the shimmering minds of living creatures in the woods as he zoomed overhead. Then he narrowed his focus and broadcasted a general telepathic query to anyone who would hear. "Father?"
 
"Fermi? Stop flying so fast boy. Come down here," came Raditz voice in his mind as clearly as mother's did.
 
"Uncle Goku thought I could help you hunt," he said.
 
"Find me," came the voice. Fermi followed the mind trace like a beacon, then dropped silently into the canopy. Raditz hovered there and cast him an amused smile.
 
Raditz levitated under a thin aura of power. The toes of his boots barely touched the ground. Just beside him drifted Fermi his dark eyes narrowed in excitement. Raditz held a finger to his lips and motioned to a tree. They slowly levitated upwards to hide in the canopy and wait.
 
"Something ran through here a short time ago," Raditz voice echoed in Fermi's mind.
 
"Yeah, I feel the energies all around me. Minds are all very…"
 
"Not just that. Hear, smell and taste. Don't just use your mind powers. That leads to too much distraction. What the prey actually does and what they think are two different things."
 
"But their minds are simpler…"
 
"Perhaps, but it takes too long for you to decipher a beast's thoughts. Most of the time they just act on instinct and there is no higher thought for you to detect," Raditz said. He pointed to the small broken off branches and then pointed towards the flattened groundcover.
 
"A dinosaur?" Fermi wondered.
 
"Yes," Raditz nodded. "But they were extinct on Vegetasei. Long extinct for millions of years. The climate changed far too quickly for them to adapt."
 
"You had no great flood on your planet?"
 
"Vegetasei was a desert," he said. "It… grew that way because of the changes we made to the planet after many wars."
 
"Much like Earth could become," said Fermi with a nod. "We don't take care of it much better."
 
"There," Raditz pointed. Just beyond the range of his eyesight Fermi saw twitching branches. If he concentrated hard enough he could hear distant crackling growing ever louder with its approach. Raditz tensed his back muscles, and his tail unhinged from his waist to twitch behind him expectantly. For a moment he resembled a great feral cat scrunching its hindquarters to pounce.
 
It crashed through the brush chasing a small spiky horned goat. Striding on two ostrich style legs, the velociraptor snapped its hungry mouth. "Should we go after the dino or what it hunts?" Fermi asked.
 
"Hmm, both would do. But be very careful. Let's wait till it catches its prey and then steal it."
 
"I can hit it with a mind blast," Fermi thought.
 
"Show me how you'd take it down, but be careful," Raditz thought.
 
"A psy bolt."
 
"I think something else would do better. A well placed ki blast to the nape of the spine will sever the nerve," Raditz telepthed back.
***
Separate for the first time in a while, Fermi and Bohr each knew that they were helping defuse the tense situation that they had witnessed. Gohan still trained with Piccolo far away, and Goku had disappeared once to tell his son the plan. Once informed, Gohan was greatly relieved and was finally able to train in peace. While Piccolo did not like the idea of Goku missing out on training, he knew it was worth the loss of a day or so if it meant harmony in the home.
 
Bohr had busied himself finding the bath things and setting them out. Goku had let the huge tub in the rear of the house fill with sudsy water, and handed the boy towels and soap that Chichi liked. Then they had left bath items right there. Bohr had then invited them to exit so Goku could shoe them out. While they bathed he would IT over to Gohan.
 
A few minutes later, Goku reappeared in the living room area. Bohr rushed into the room carrying a box with various items that Chichi had hidden away. It rattled with metal and a dull thud that told Goku it must contain scented candles and soaps. Grinning Goku said, "Great you found it!"
 
"It was in the bottom of Aunt Chichi's closet. It's kinda heavy, but I hope nothing broke," he said, setting it down. Goku squatted down and opened up the cardboard box. A burst of cinnamon wafted into their noses making Goku sneeze.
 
"Bless you! That smells like Mommy's kitchen during Valentines Day," Bohr chuckled.
 
"Wow I'd love to eat some of her cookies then," Goku answered. He picked up the box and carried it towards the kitchen. Bohr followed curiously and watched him sit the box on the kitchen table. He pulled out a glass bowl, then a few sticks of incense with a burner and small candles shaped like stars.
 
Goku picked up the large fishbowl and then set it into the sink. He ran the tap and poured water into it, followed by several glass nodules. Sunlight beaming through the window over the sink shone through them casting a rainbow on the metal sides.
 
"These float?" Bohr muttered, picking them up and looking at them.
 
"Yeah, cool huh?" said Goku. "Drop a few in?"
 
"So why was Aunt Chichi acting all scary? She really hurt Mom's feelings. I feel her all stressed out but it's not nice to yell at people!" Bohr said.
 
Goku sighed and gave Bohr a small smile. He pulled the bowl out of the sink and carried it into the living room. Sitting it on the coffee table he said, "I'm sorry that it scared you. I guess Chichi is used to saying what's on her mind."
 
"But it's not NICE to yell at people! She should use an indoor voice!" Bohr rested his hands on his hips.
 
"She and I have always just come out and said what was bothering us. Even though we argue it's not the fault of you or Fermi or Gohan. Adult problems are NOT children problems and it DOESN'T mean we don't care about you. Chichi freaks because she loves Gohan and wants to protect him. And sometimes she goes overboard."
 
"Because she loves him?"
 
"Yes. She loves him as much as your mother loves you. And she would do anything to keep him safe. Even yell at me because she disagrees with some of my ideas. I'm not perfect, Bohr. I sometimes get carried away, and sometimes I can be a little… well I wasn't raised around people most of my life after my Grandpa died," Goku admitted. Both of them picked up the items and Goku showed him where to set the candles here and there.
****
Minutes later Bohr crept out and set fresh bars of scented soap out with the towels Goku brought from the linen closet. Hot water steamed under the afternoon sun beaming red through the trees. Goku winked at Bohr and then whispered, "Okay that's all ready. I'll go and tell them to come out. You go to where we agreed for part 3 of the plan."
 
"Right, Uncle Goku!" Bohr giggled. He zipped out of view, soaring towards Grandpa Gohan's house with an armful of other items Goku handed him. It included a sleeping bag and a small duffel bag.
 
Brushing his hands off, Goku then pressed fingers to his forehead. He reappeared in the bedroom he shared with Chichi. Selecting two clean robes he folded them over one arm, and then picked up the sandals and tucked them into his other arm. Then he strode into the kitchen where he heard two females chatting quietly. A fresh mint scent mingled with the sugary sweet aroma of almond cookies that made Goku's mouth water.
 
"Are there two ladies who could use a nice hot bath?" Goku asked, holding out the robes.
 
"Goku-sa, how thoughtful!" Chichi gave him a smile. He handed her and Stellari each a robe and sandals.
 
"Royal treatment," said Stellari.
 
"Right this way ladies, to the changing room," Goku conducted them towards his bedroom. "And a nice hot soak while dinner's being fixed!"
 
"What's on the menu?" Chichi asked, seeing the playful smile twitching the corner of Goku's mouth. He strode nearby, giving Chichi a nice view of his backside as he bent over and picked up something from the kitchen floor. Stellari groaned and shook her head with a grin. Chichi's mouth watered a bit, and then Goku straightened up.
 
Once they had taken off their sweaty clothes they donned the bathrobes and carried the sandals towards the back door. Both of them slipped their feet into them and walked out to the bathing barrel behind the main wing of the house. A cinnamon scent drifted towards them on the breeze and Chichi gave a small gasp as she led the way to the tub. Rose petals floated in a foamy full tub steaming with bubbles. Neatly folded on a small bench were fresh towels and cakes of her favorite oatmeal lava soap. Stellari noticed the strawberry scented shampoo that her sons had bought her for Mother's day and grinned.
 
"I haven't taken a bath outdoors before," Stellari said as she unfastened the robe.
 
"It's perfectly private," Chichi reassured her as she handed her sister in law a towel. "You'll be with me!"
 
"Well, I saw the dinosaurs," Stellari said.
 
"Just relax! What's going to bother us with Goku and your husband around?" Chichi scolded her. She undid her gown and hung it to the side on a tree branch. Stellari did the same, and both of them climbed the metal ladder to step into the large steaming tub. Chichi slid in first, letting out a sigh of relief. Tentatively Stellari stood on the top of the ladder, holding a towel over her body.
 
"Come on in! It's perfect! Don't be shy, it's just us girls," Chichi urged. Shaking her head Stellari let the towel drop and climbed in to sit opposite the other woman. The Ox princess reached up and pulled the bindings from her hair so it fell down around her shoulders. Then she dunked under, her hair swirling around like an undersea plant. Stellari leaned back and slowly slipped under the warm water to let her own hair soak in the steamy goodness.
 
"mm, it IS nice," Stellari said. She had to remind herself that public bathing was common in West Province 439. Most of the time she had used the washpan and sponge in the bathroom indoors. While Goku and Chichi did have a toilet and sink and a shower, they had no bath save the large bathing barrel just outside. Nine times out of ten, Goku and Gohan used it in favor of the shower stall because it was just easier. Even Raditz had joined his brother from time to time thinking nothing of showing his body in front of other males.
 
"Try the lava soap. It exfoliates and feels so good," Chichi recommended, passing the cake of soap into Stellari's hands. Using a natural sponge Chichi began to lather her shoulders and back. Her ample chest bobbed just below the surface and Stellari realized that both of them were similar in the breast department. She was relieved that she was not the only woman with ample assets. Compared to Bulma, Chichi was a far different sort of attractive. Her skin was olive and her hair was midnight black, her eyes so dark they were almost ebony like Goku's. Among Saiyans she would fit right in if she had a tail. Her fiery nature seemed perfectly opposite from Goku's easy going nature.
 
"Your hair is longer then mine. I'm jealous!" Stellari commented. She lathered homemade shampoo between her fingers and scrubbed her own hair.
 
"It's growing out nicely. You should let it longer. It looks pretty," Chichi said, reaching for the shampoo herself. She leaned back and let the foam from the white lather swirl away into the water around them.
 
"Mmm, I'd just have to put it up," Stellari shrugged.
 
"But it could look so cute if you let me show you how you COULD put it up," Chichi suggested, reaching over and fingering a lock of it.
 
"True," said Stellari. "Then again you might enjoy visiting Pierre's where I get mine done. They have a great spa…"
 
"Oh it's been AGES since I've gone," she said with a happy sigh.
 
"I'm not used to bathing like this…" said Stellari.
 
"Well, this reminds me of the time when Goku and I first got married. And Baba wanted me to go into the bathhouse with her. All I could think about was Goku and I was so worried he wouldn't find the Bansho fan," Chichi said.
 
"The what?"
 
"I never told you about that? It's a fan that can put out any fire… Goku and I had to find it so we could extinguish a fire that was burning Dad's castle to a crisp," Chichi said.
 
"You lived in a castle? Are you some sort of Royalty?" asked Stellari.
 
"Well my dad IS the Ox king," Chichi blinked at her.
 
"If you're a Princess why are you living HERE in the middle of the woods?" asked Stellari.
 
"Dad's money won't last forever," Chichi said wistfully.
 
"Oh," Stellari answered. "Sorry I asked."
 
"Don't be. You didn't know," Chichi said softly. Her face fell out of its frown, taking ten years off her age. With her hair down she seemed so vulnerable. Stellari realized Chichi couldn't be more then thirty at the most, but carried herself like a woman twice that age.
 
"I am sorry about earlier, but this place drives me nuts," said Stellari.
 
"Now you know how I feel," Chichi said lightly. "Imagine this every day."
 
"Not knowing where Fermi and Bohr are. I don't blame you now that I think of it for being pissed at Piccolo," Stellari reflected.
 
"I had hoped you'd understand," Chichi nodded.
 
"I do. But we can't live a normal life. Not with husbands like ours," said Stellari.
 
"Is it so bad to WANT a normal life despite that?" Chichi asked.
 
"I guess not," said Stellari.
 
"You might try taking a few years off and being a stay at home mom when the babies are born. They don't stay young forever," Chichi murmured.
 
"When Gohan was born, was it… hard?" asked Stellari.
 
"Are you scared?" asked Chichi.
 
"Yes. I've had Fermi and Bohr, but these children…"
 
"Don't be. You can have them here," said Chichi with a smile. "I didn't mean it when I said you and Raditz had to leave. I was just so angry…"
 
"I know. Both of us were crazy," Stellari said. "No thanks to the male contingent."
 
"Mmm," Chichi giggled. Both women sighed and soaked in the luxurious heat of the steaming bath. Soon they felt each muscle relaxing. Suddenly a small piece of paper shot out the window and landed in the water. Chichi snatched it out of the air and unfolded the paper airplane.
 
"What's this?" Stellari asked.
 
"It's from Goku. He's telling one of us to lean over and look on the bench," Chichi mumbled. Stellari pointed to a small tray balanced on the top of the access ladder with two crystal goblets and a bottle of red wine.
 
"Cabernet Saugvinion, my favorite," Stellari murmured.
 
"Wine? This is nice," Chichi giggled. Stellari uncorked the bottle and poured two glasses of the rich red liquid. Taking one for herself she handed the other to her sister in law. Then they relaxed in the bath taking small sips every few minutes.
 
"This is the life," Stellari sighed.
 
"Goku might be a dingbat sometimes but he can be very sweet when he tries," Chichi murmured with a slight pink flush to her cheeks. "Oh this is a bit sweet."
 
"Red wines are always good with cinnamon bath salts," Stellari chuckled, taking a swig of her wine. Chichi flicked red rose petals off her arms and then tipped her head back against the ledge of the tub.
 
"red, red wine," Chichi chuckled.
 
"You like UB 40?" Stellari nudged her.
 
"Red red wine, stay close to me, don't let me be alone again…" Chichi hummed on key. She had a nice voice when she wasn't screaming at the top of her lungs, Stellari noted. Frown lines that creased her face eased up and Chichi looked much more attractive. Glimpsing their reflections in the surface of the water side by side Stellari noticed their hair was almost the same shade of black. Although Chichi's hair was longer, they could easily be related in some odd way.
 
"I should have asked you what your favorite drink was," Stellari said.
 
"I like a good Asti Spumanti champagne. The last time Goku got me champagne was our first anniversary," Chichi reminisced.
 
"He doesn't strike me as the romantic type, no offense," said Stellari.
 
"Pa helped him with that a bit," said Chichi with a wistful smile. "Pa was always helping Goku with how to treat his little princess."
 
"For all that fuss and bother you really like the big lug huh?" Stellari asked.
 
"I love him, but he drives me crazy sometimes. You understand, don't you?"
 
"Yes I do," said Stellari with a fond smile.
 
It was then that Chichi heard a screech of a car, and turned her head. Sitting up she glanced at Stellari with confusion. "That sounds like Pa's car!" she muttered.
 
"Here?" Stellari said, covering her chest.
 
"Don't worry, he must be here to baby-sit the kids," Chichi said. Another paper airplane shot around the curve and landed in the bath almost before Chichi could catch it.
 
"What does it say?" Stellari asked, peeking over her sister in law's shoulder.
 
"Sit back, relax and indulge. I've got it covered. The twins are cool with it," chichi sounded out. "I hope Fermi and Bohr don't mind."
 
"They always DID want to spend some time with the Ox King," muttered Stellari. "He's the closest they have to a grandfather since…"
 
"They'll have a great time! And Gohan…" she read down the list and smiled to see his name listed too. "And it says he'll be there too. I guess they thought of everything."
 
"I would like to see them off though," she said.
 
"Love you Mommy," came Bohr's voice.
 
"Ditto," said Fermi. "And all that mushy stuff. We know you gotta have alone time with Father, so we're cool with this. Just don't let Aunt Chichi yell at you."
 
"She won't. Promise," said Stellari.
 
"Love you," Bohr's thoughts echoed.
 
A telepathic brush to her mind indicated that her sons were giving a bye-bye. A soft feather touch to her cheek felt like a kiss, and she smiled as Chichi blinked in surprise. "What just happened?"
 
"A goodbye kiss, TK style. They do that sometimes when I had to rush off," Stellari explained. "Mommy loves you. Be good and I'll see you soon."
 
"That's amazing," Chichi murmured. "How can you do that?"
 
"It takes time and practice," said Stellari.
 
"Once… I thought I could hear Gohan," she murmured. "Or a few times."
 
"You've got a bond with him, however fleeting. And you do have a bond with Goku, don't you?"
 
"What's it like?" she asked voice in a whisper. "A bond?"
 
"It's… so different," said Stellari.
 
"I wish I had what you did," Chichi said in a very different tone. Her eyes were wide open like a little girl's waiting to hear the mysteries of the universe.
 
"Wait a minute, look at what YOU have," Stellari said firmly. "Take a GOOD long look. You've got a son and a husband most women would be jealous of."
 
"But…"
 
"But nothing. You said you wanted a 'normal life'. Well guess what, there's no such thing," said Stellari.
 
"that's hardly fair to say," Chichi pouted.
 
"What do you mean by normal?"
 
"You know! A husband who has a job, that I can cook dinner for, a son who needs me… and we can just get up and eat dinner together and live…"
 
"Chichi, is this what you REALLY want, or what you think you SHOULD want?" asked Stellari.
 
"What are you talking about?" Chichi blinked.
 
"You are a Princess and a warrior. Goku told me how you fought and went on adventures. Since when did you turn into the perfect wifey to suit his every need?"
 
"What on EARTH are you getting at? There's NOTHING wrong with being a stay at home mom, sister! Don't you DARE give me that shit about being a working mom cause it's bullcrap!"
 
"I…" Stellari got out.
 
"You think you're BETTER then me cause you have a nine to five job AND raise two kids, well let me TELL you something!" Chichi snapped. Stellari suddenly shut up.
 
"Shit, I'm sorry. That was uncalled for," Stellari said.
 
"You bet it was," said Chichi.
 
"I'm very sorry. I guess I don't understand. I've not HAD a chance at a normal life, Chichi. You have tried hard. And I respect that…"
 
"Do you?" Chichi asked. "Look do you HAVE to work? Don't you WANT the chance to be around your sons growing up? And your children who come?"
 
"I'm so used to being the provider," Stellari said.
 
"You have a husband," Chichi said. "But that doesn't mean you have to give up your life."
 
"Or you," said Stellari.
 
"I always wanted to be the perfect wife for Goku," she said.
 
"I suppose there's nothing wrong with that. But don't TRY so hard. Just be," Stellari said. "Don't try and change yourself so you lose who you really are."
 
"You do something for ME then," Chichi said.
 
"What is it?"
 
"Promise you'll meet me halfway. Don't go back to work right away," said Chichi.
 
"Unfortunately I can't promise anything except my attempt to understand," said Stellari. "I am a scientist and a warrior in addition to being a mother."
 
"Hmm," Chichi nodded. "Well if it's a choice between having your children fight… and you…"
 
"I would rather fight then have my sons fight," said she. "If you had the chance to protect Gohan by fighting yourself?"
 
"Then who would take care of him?" Chichi asked.
 
"Good question," Stellari murmured. "We're in a war. Things are different."
 
"I don't want him to die," Chichi whispered. "He's only a child!"
 
"Yes he is," said Stellari. "I promise I'll do what it takes to protect him if I can."
 
"You think you're going to fight?" Chichi asked.
 
"I'm worried for Fermi and Bohr," said Stellari.
 
"Then don't worry," Chichi said, extending her hand. "I'll protect them if you protect my Gohan."
 
"Deal," said she. They shook on it and smiled.