Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Soul Blues for Raditz and Goku ❯ Chichi and Goku Spar ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z. the Manga/Anime was created by Akira Toriyama and is owned by Toei Animation Company. Stellari, Fermi and Bohr belong to me.
 
Dessert Fixings
***
Precariously balanced on Goku's lap, Chichi tried to relax. Stellari glanced at Raditz with concern in her dark eyes. Frowning, Raditz opened the mental link between them to hear what she had to say telepathically. Although Chichi ostensibly seemed to enjoy the food, her body posture told them otherwise.
 
"I'm not sure if this is working or not," Stellari thought.
 
"Give it time," Raditz responded. His tail unwound from his hips then repositioned itself around her hips to hold her in place.
 
"I feel like I'm playing marriage counselor! And they've been married FAR longer then we. Why in the world do THEY have issues?" Stellari wondered.
 
"That woman acts like a spoiled brat. Like the daughter of an Elite. She plays at being a helpmate but the resentment has built all these years. Kakkarot cannot handle her, and she cannot handle who he truly is. That proves to me they have NEVER properly bonded in the Saiyan tradition," Raditz answered.
 
"But I see the bite," said Stellari.
 
"Please," Raditz grunted, grabbing a piece of fruit and thrusting it into Stellari's mouth before she could protest. "They haven't entered one another's minds as we have. How WELL does she know him, truly?"
 
"Didn't Goku tell you…"
 
"I have to have a chat with my baby brother," Raditz sighed.
 
"I swear I relate to Chichi one moment and the next I want to smack her. It's like she's got a split personality!"
 
"She thinks that Kakkarot's destiny as a warrior is a joke. She does NOT respect him as a Saiyan. And that is a grave mistake. He's started to accept who and what he is. So has Gohan. But not Chichi. She suffers in silence then explodes like a volcano. And what she needs is a good sparring match," said Raditz.
 
"Hmmm, that makes sense. She used to be a martial artist. She gave it ALL up with some cock and bull fantasy to be the perfect wife," said Stellari.
 
"How STUPID!" Raditz snorted in Saiyan. Chichi and Goku blinked.
 
"What was that?" Chichi asked.
 
"Nothing," Stellari said, giving Raditz a kiss and thumping him on the side of the head. "I think maybe you two should have some time alone?"
 
"That WAS the idea," Raditz said curtly to Goku. "I think we've overstayed our welcome. Time we let the two lovebirds alone."
 
"That sounds heavenly," Chichi relaxed. Goku caught Raditz meaningful gaze and sighed.
 
"Brother, you need to try harder," Raditz telepathed to him.
 
"I… I don't know what to do," Goku looked at him.
 
"Humph, perhaps you should attempt to understand one another as Stellari and I have. You haven't bonded properly."
 
"But I'm human…"
 
"Even HUMANS can benefit from a mental bond. If Chichi doesn't accept WHO you are, there can never be harmony between you," Raditz sniffed. Chichi glanced back and forth and blinked.
 
"Um, you two should have your alone time. C'mon, Raditz," said Stellari, climbing off his lap.
 
"As you wish precious one," he murmured. Inclining his head to Chichi he then glared at Goku.
 
"Bah, that idiot!" Raditz grunted as he wrapped his arm around Stellari's waist and suddenly she found herself levitating.
 
"Hey where are you taking me!"
 
"Away. But I am still keeping my rapport with my brother open," said he. "Hold on and let me do the flying."
 
"But…"
 
"I've a plan," Raditz whispered. "But I'll need your help."
 
"She's a human, and Goku STILL lives like a human. You can't expect to…"
 
"Kakkarot denies his Saiyan blood. But it still shapes him. And I'll use that to our advantage. Saiyan mated pairs exude pheromones that tend to entice any others in their vicinity," Raditz murmured.
 
"I WONDERED why you smelled funny," Stellari said.
 
"Beg pardon?"
 
"I've got a more sensitive nose then you give me credit for, remember?" she glared at him. Raditz stopped to levitate over the Son household, holding Stellari close to his hip. She reached out with her own power to share the load, but Raditz hardly needed it.
 
"Then you smell to a small degree the collective arousal. Kakkarot was doing well till he chickened out. He needs to tap into his instinct," Raditz muttered.
 
"Too bad that he only uses it when he fights," said he.
 
"That's it. Perhaps if they fight one another, they'll get in the mood," Raditz said. "Remember I said Saiyans fight before they mate often?"
 
"So you mean if we get them to spar, then Chichi might get in the mood? But how the hell…"
 
"That's where I need your help," said Raditz.
 
"Maybe THAT sort of pheromone would provoke a response," she whispered. "And then if they fight one another…"
 
"Mmm tell me what you're thinking," Raditz said admiring the devious smirk worthy of him on her face. He could sense and know what wheels were turning in her mind and it delighted him.
***
 
Shaking his head, Goku rested his forehead against Chichi's. Women were so confusing. Goku felt frustration bubble to the surface. Why was it so easy to relax his wife when they first married and now it seemed as if she were fighting him all the way. As soon as she would relax she'd then tense up again. This was getting ridiculous.
 
"Chichi, you mad about something? Cause you don't seem to be having any fun," Goku said as he lifted her off his lap.
 
"What are you talking about?"
 
"You're always getting mad! What do you want me to do, Chichi?" Goku asked with a stern look on his face. The frustration of trying to win a battle he was losing was taking its toll.
 
"I just want a normal life Goku!"
 
"Chichi, that's crazy!" Goku suddenly shouted. "How can we possibly have a normal life? You must have known that when we first got together that I wasn't a normal person!"
 
"But can't we at least TRY?"
 
"We can't have that luxury. I can't believe you'd put Gohan's education over the worlds existence," Goku said sternly.
 
"I would!"
 
"And what would THAT accomplish?" Goku asked with a laugh. "Chichi, would you and I STILL be arguing here if Earth was space dust because we DIDN'T train!"
 
"Don't try and argue your way out of it."
 
"I don't get what you want from me, Chichi. You're confusing the heck outta me. First you're all cooking me dinner and keeping the house, and then the next moment your blowing up. This can't go on," Goku said, resting his hands on his hips.
 
"What do you want ME to do, Goku? He's my son! You were dead for a whole year, and you didn't return for another year! How does THAT make me feel? Worthless!" Chichi shouted.
 
"I wasn't thinking of that," Goku shook his head.
 
"You NEVER think!" Chichi snorted.
 
"If you're so angry why don't you just TELL me instead of blowing up at silly things? You stuff it down inside and it scares Gohan, Chichi. Do you realize he's worried that you'll scream and yell at him if he does ONE thing wrong?" Goku huffed, his words unable to stop their angry stream once he got going. For the longest time he was afraid of saying a cross word. Now seeing Stellari and Raditz arguing at times and resolving it he realized he had been far too lenient.
 
"What are you talking about."
 
"He's scared of you, Chichi. And no son should be scared of his mother," Goku said with a frown on his face. Chichi needed someone to stand up to her and get her to back off. Why had he waited so long?
 
"I can't believe you're saying this!" Chichi cried, wringing her hands.
 
"You say you're putting your foot down, Chi. I'm putting MY foot down," Goku said, his face stern and creased with worry. "We can't live like this. I know you're angry with me for a lot of things. But don't take it out on Gohan," Goku shouted. That small voice in his mind urged him on, to egg his wife into a physical confrontation. Somehow instinct said this was right, that he would finally give Chichi the chance to vent years of rage.
 
"I can't believe… you… you…" Chichi suddenly exploded. Goku stood before her, without raising a hand in defense.
 
"That's it. If you're so mad, do something about it!" Goku challenged in a sharp voice. "Show me how angry you are!"
 
"You ASKED for it!" Chichi snapped. Suddenly her fist flashed out, and Goku stood right in the way. Her punch cracked against his face, and he simply let himself fall back. Getting up, he stood up once more, rubbing his face.
 
"Feel better?" Goku panted, feeling blood dripping from his lips.
 
"No!" she cried.
 
"Then fight me. Don't fight Gohan. Fight me. Show me how angry you are! You used to use martial arts. Why turn your back on them when you NEED to get rid of that anger inside. It's eating you up! And I don't want to see that happen!" Goku shot back.
 
"You… drive me MAD!" Chichi screamed. Her fists started to fly in a rapid fury. Goku simply blocked the blows with his hands. He did not back down, but simply let her vent her frustration.
 
"Fight me Chichi. Just like we did the last time you were this mad," Goku urged, circling wearing nothing but silk boxers. In her robe Chichi flew forwards with a kick that he barely avoided. Energy levels increased as Chichi and Goku started to spar. Her fists impacted his wrists and forearms while his knees were busy blocking all the kicks she shot out. Even the slashing thrusts of her flattened hands were avoided. Once in a while she connected with a punch.
 
"How dare you try and use martial arts to get around me, mister! I'll show you a thing or two!" Chichi shrilled. Goku felt a small smile come to his face as sweat poured down her forehead. Inhaling deeply she slammed her fist into his gut, sending him reeling. Her next punch snapped his head to the side, and then he flew into a tree full force. Around her the aura of red energies flared to a discernable level.
***
 
"Well well, she can fight after all," Raditz observed, from overhead.
 
"You jerk," Stellari glared at him.
 
"You wish to join them?" Raditz smirked. Stellari broke free and sent a punch toward him. Raditz caught it with one hand and smirked. Till she twisted her body and sent another towards him.
 
****
 
Another volley of punches came from Chichi. This time Goku rolled over and seized her from behind. She flipped him over her back, but he still held her robe. Loudly the silk ripped and Goku landed on the ground with the fabric clenched in his fists. Chichi stood over him totally nude and raging with red ki. Her eyes gleamed fiercely as she marched up to him.
 
"Wow, you ARE mad," Goku whispered. He had to admit she looked beautiful when she was angry. Was it his denied Saiyan blood that drew him to a fighter?
 
"You BET I am! Dammit Goku you've done some stupid stunts but THIS was the worst!" Chichi snarled.
 
"Oh yeah?" Goku asked, as he leapt to his feet. "You want to go a few more rounds with me?"
 
"Don't TEMPT me!" she shrilled.
 
Just as she launched to the attack, two figures dropped between them. Facing off against Chichi was a half clothed Stellari, her hands raised, while Raditz stood back to back with her. Stunned, Chichi backed away. Stellari shot out her fist and punched towards Chichi, who was forced to block her attack. Simultaneously Raditz pounced on Goku.
 
"Fight me, lady!" Stellari shouted. "Let's go!"
 
"Are you insane?" Chichi huffed.
 
"Want to beat on someone, let's go lady!" Stellari taunted, circling. Chichi flared red in the face, not knowing what was going on, but felt herself swept up in a tide of rage. Her nostrils flared with a musk scent as she saw Raditz attacking her husband.
 
"Leave him alone!" Chichi shouted.
 
"Oh no, you're fighting me, missy," Stellari laughed. Chichi did not care for the glare in her eyes as Stellari attacked. However Chichi feigned and punched. Back and forth Stellari zipped, keeping just ahead of the woman's fists.
 
"Chichi, keep your head!" came a voice.
 
"Goku sa?" she blinked. "How can you…"
 
"Just keep your focus!" Goku's thoughts echoed. "Don't fight me, fight WITH me."
 
"What the hell is going on here?" Chichi huffed.
 
"A more productive way to vent your frustration," Stellari panted. Suddenly Chichi swept out her foot and tripped her. Stellari rolled over and landed with her hands and knees below her. Raditz punch cracked against Goku and he himself reeled at Goku's connecting kick.
 
Panting, the four of them suddenly felt the empty holes gurgling in their guts. Food had petered out fast, and the rest of their energy ebbed quickly. Holding her gut, Chichi panted and staggered over, dropping to her knees next to Stellari. Raditz stumbled over to his brother and held a hand out to help him stand. Goku glanced up at him with a grateful smile. "I don't know WHAT that was about, Raditz, but it seemed to calm her down," Goku whispered.
 
"Your wife has been denying her true nature. You two need to get to know each other in a much more intimate way. If you had bonded properly…"
 
"I'm not a Saiyan… I mean I'm not like you, Raditz. I keep trying to tell you…" Goku panted.
 
"Nonsense. You are an Earthling, but Saiyan blood still flows in your veins. Both you and your wife are suffering because your bond is not complete," said Raditz.
 
"If you're talking about that biting thing," Chichi huffed. Stellari staggered a bit, and Chichi leaned down to help her up. Both women hobbled over to where their husbands stood.
 
"Shh, listen, please," Stellari snapped. Chichi shut up, realizing this was serious.
 
"Okay, what's this all about?" Chichi asked. "This bonding thing… explain!"
 
"Good. I'm glad SOMEONE is interested," Raditz said as he sat down.
 
"Maybe we should all go inside and talk about this over dinner and wine," Chichi huffed. Stellari nodded. The four of them gathered the food and made their way into the living room. When Chichi entered her eyes flared with surprise to see candles twinkling in every alcove. The thick scent of cinnamon drifted from a small incense burner on the coffee table. She saw the gleaming star shaped candles floating in a large fishbowl filled with colored stones. A small smile came to her face and she looked up at Goku helping Raditz to stagger inside.
 
"Aww it's so… so…"
 
"Romantic?" Goku laughed. He helped Raditz to sit, then stumbled over to his wife. Stellari lowered herself to sit by Raditz, and then Goku and Chichi flopped down on the love seat. Rose petals trailed a path on the floor towards the bedrooms, and whispered under her as she sat next to her husband. Raditz pulled Stellari close, and Chichi leaned against her husband who draped the blanket from the sofa over her nakedness.
 
"Now, this bond thing," Chichi said. Panting, Raditz grabbed something from a bucket of ice on the floor by the sofa. He popped the cork on a bottle of Asti spumonti, and Goku snatched several champagne flutes from under the coffee table to fill them from the foaming stream. He handed one to his wife, and one to Stellari. Chichi watched in amusement to see him grabbing two other glasses for himself and his brother.
 
"Now, will you listen to me, Brother?" asked Raditz annoyed.
 
"Yes. Explain the bonding thing, and what it has to do with Goku," Chichi said firmly.
 
"It would be simpler to show you," Raditz said, glancing at Goku and Stellari.
 
"Show me? You mean some sort of mind thing?" Chichi asked.
 
"Yes, that's a good idea," Stellari said. "Part of the bonding is traveling into one another's minds. You and Goku haven't done that have you?"
 
"Not… really," Goku said with a shamed face. Chichi looked at Goku oddly, and then saw the truth in Stellari and Raditz eyes.
 
"We would guide you," Raditz said quietly. Goku sighed, and then reached for his wife's temple.
 
"Sit opposite each other like this," Raditz motioned. "And do as we do. Focus on the light in your mate's… er wife's eyes. Breathe together…"
 
"Like we do during meditation, Chichi. Trust me," Goku said as he took his wife's hands.
 
"Goku I don't know about this," Chichi whispered.
 
"Please it will help you two get along better. Do it for Gohan," said Stellari.
 
"If this will help our marriage, I'll do it," Chichi said. "Especially if it helps my… our Gohan."
 
Goku felt exhilaration as he reached out to touch Chichi's forehead. She relaxed as her husband's callused finger brushed her temple, and his dark eyes fixed into hers. Still she did not trust fully, but Goku hoped that would change after Raditz guided them through the mental bonding. Reaching out, Goku widened the rapport. Chichi felt lost in darkness, hearing animals and chirping birds. She opened her eyes to see herself standing in the woods. "Goku where am I?"
 
"Find one another. Three memories of past, present and future that are common. Exchange them and understand," said Raditz. "You must find each other and accept the strengths and weaknesses."
 
"Don't worry, Chichi! I'm here!" came a high pitched voice. She looked down to see herself wearing pink and purple armor, her body much smaller.
 
"I… what is this?" Chichi asked.
 
"Don't be scared, Chichi," said Stellari as she strode out wearing a sailor uniform from grammar school. Chichi felt her body shrink and she stood about the height of a twelve year old as she reached a hand up to the teenaged woman.
 
"I… why do I look like this?"
 
"It's part of the process," Stellari said. "Do you trust your husband?"
 
"I want to," Chichi whispered, glancing around her. Shapes blurred and she saw herself standing in the courtyard of her father's castle. Suddenly flames burst around them, and she yelped.
 
"Oh no, not this!" Chichi gasped. Tears drifted into her face as the castle was engulfed in fire all around. Stellari grabbed her hand.
 
"Run!" she cried.
 
Then suddenly Stellari was swept away in the flames. Chichi screamed as masonry fell around her. Lifting her gloved hands to her forehead she activated her helmet's beam and disintegrated the block that almost crushed her. She flipped and jumped with the ease of a martial artist from the moves her father had taught her. Again she was just a child, running to find her daddy in the hellish inferno. Then she raced full force and then entered a desert plane. Two suns blazed overhead and she felt the crushing weight of ten times earth's atmosphere on her.
 
"Where…. Where am I?"
 
A female shape came to eclipse the suns. It landed, its boots spanned apart. To her surprise it was Stellari, hair spiky and body gleaming in black and green armor. Face covered in a scouter she looked down at the armored girl, and extended a hand. "Chichi, you recognize me?"
 
"I… where is this! Daddy's castle…"
 
"This is Vegetasei," said Stellari quietly. "This is where your husband's life began. You have to go back to the beginning to get it."
 
"But… I… t his is insane!" Chichi gasped. She was only a child of eight years, wearing her armor as the Saiyan female Stellari held out a gauntlet hand.
 
"Come with me," Stellari said. "You'll see Goku soon. But you must play along."
 
"But why are you in that armor?"
 
"To survive in this environment I took on the aspects of a Saiyan warrior of my equivalent station and rank. You remain as you are because you're the Ox Princess," Stellari pointed to her armor. "A warrior in your own right."
 
"But Goku… where's my Goku sa?"
 
"Take my hand, and let's find them together," said Stellari. Bravely Chichi took the hand of the Saiyan female, and found herself rising into the air. Stellari's hair was tied back with a red headband, but her eyes were still humanoid. She had no tail around her waist, but her armor was Saiyan, and she appeared as a teenager only four or five years older then Chichi.
 
To her shock they flew towards a vast city rising off the desert plane. Chichi's cape whipped in the hot desert wind. All around she saw the shifting dunes whipping sand in changing shapes. Only small trees and bushes grew in what had once been a vast lakebed. "What happened here?"
 
"The Saiyans happened. This is your husband's birthplace. Maybe by coming here you'll understand WHY he's so different," said Stellari.
 
Chichi nodded as they landed inside the walls of the white spired city. Ultramodern, it seemed to contrast with the cave dwelling she had seen in their earlier flight. "Third class lived in caves, but the elite lived here in the cities."
 
"But it makes no sense," Chichi pointed out. "Unless the third class are peasants and we're in… yes I do get it."