Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Staying Here ❯ Love is a Complicated Thing ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
By 6 p.m., everyone was at Capsule Corp. greeting Goku and Savanah. They tried to greet Vegeta, but he didn’t respond.

“So, Goku, you up to training tonight?” Krillin asked along with Yamcha.

Goku looked over towards Savanah who was sitting on the couch facing the window and looking at the sky. He hesitated to find the answer.

“I’m skipping tonight.”

“What!?” Both said in unison.

“Well, I wanna spend time with my family tonight for a change.”

“Well, ok Goku. What ever you want to do. But if you feel like coming, me and Yamcha will be training by the edge of West Forest.”

“Alright, thanks.” Goku walked over towards Savanah and sat on the couch next to her. He sighed and scanned for the right words to say. He wasn’t very good at this conversation stuff.

“Hey, Savvy.” He grinned, but she didn’t turn her head towards his direction. Goku tried again.

“You okay?” He put a hand on her shoulder.

“Yea. Just thinking.”

“Well, you got a new friend to talk to. I’m sure he’ll want to know where he is and what some of the things in this world are.”

“Yea.”

“Look, you can tell me anything. I won’t tell anyone. You can trust me. I promise.” Goku smiled very sweetly, and listened for an answer.

“Well, it’s just - just that you never let me train, or never spend time with us. You’re always off some where fighting or training. It’s not fair.”

“Well one thing’s for sure, you can’t train. You have some injuries still from when Gohan found you in the woods. I don’t know if you’d be able to handle this fighting business. And the other thing, tonight I’m gonna take a break from training.”

“Really?”

“Yea. How about we all go see a movie or something tonight?”

“Wow! Thanks Dad!” She wrapped her arms around his neck and he patted her on the back.

“And maybe, just maybe, you could come with me out to West Forest and we can train a bit.”

“Wow! Thanks again! You’re the best.”

Goku grinned and was relieved he got through that.

“Well, what do you say we go tell Gogeta over there where he is?”
“Kay!” Savanah jumped up off the couch and paced over to Gogeta who was leaning against the wall with his eyes closed, still confused. As Savanah almost made it to him, Mrs. Briefs stopped her and started to ask questions.

Gogeta heard all of the rambling since Mrs. Briefs was almost yelling. He noticed the girl who was talking with the blondie and how beautiful she was. ‘What’s going on? I feel all weird inside. Who’s she? Gosh is she pretty.’

“Well that’s nice Mrs. Briefs, but I have to go.” Savanah slipped away from Bulma’s mother before she started another whole conversation. She walked over towards Gogeta who now had a curios face on.

“Well, hi Gogeta! It’s me, Savanah!”

“Who?”

“Oh yea, that’s right. You aren’t part of Goku or Vegeta anymore at all. Stupid me. I’m Savanah. I guess I’m your new friend.”

“Friend?”

“It’s where two people know each other well and have a friendly relashionship.” She grinned the Son grin, like Goku always does.

“Oh. Where am I?” Gogeta stood fully up. He was tall, about 6 foot 4 and his hair was pitch black and spiked almost like Vegeta‘s, except not too flame looking and had a thick lock covering a bit of his left eye. He had very muscular arms and a handsome face almost like Goku’s. His eyes were a little different though, calm and not so happy and energetic looking.

“You’re on planet Earth, in the continent of Asia, in the country of Japan and in Capsule Corporation. This is Bulma and Vegeta’s house. This is also where their son and daughter live.”

“And where do I live?”

“You live with us back at out cozy little house in the forest.”

“ Oh.”

“Do you want a tour around the house? I can show you what some of these things are.”

“Sure.” Gogeta walked behind Savanah and waited for her to show him the way.

“Follow me!” She walked into the kitchen, and knew first hand that this is what all Saiyans must know of.

“This is the kitchen. It’s where you get all of the food and drinks.” She showed him some of the appliances and how they worked, then went through the rest of the house. The toilet situation was humiliating, but funny. Gogeta didn’t quite get the reason for it.

“Well, what do you think?”

“Why do you people live with all this stuff? I don’t really think you need everything here…”

“Well, I guess. You see, I spend most of my time with mother nature and her surroundings. It’s nice because the animals will listen to you and won’t ever tell a secret.”

“Can you show me some of the animals?” Gogeta wanted to know more of this little world. He also wanted to get away from everyone to ask Savanah if she’d like to train with him.

“Sure! Let me tell my dad.”

“Okay, I guess I’ll be outside.” Gogeta walked over to the door and stepped outside. It was kind of cold, considering he was only wearing a vest and long pants.

About 3 minutes later, Savanah came outside too. She walked over to where Gogeta was.

“We’re gonna have to fly to West Forest where the wild life is. I told my Dad we’d be there until he got back with my Mom and brother. He said he’d also take us to the movies tonight!”

“The movies?”

“Come, on, I’ll tell you while we fly.”

Both flew up into the air, letting the cool breeze hit their face.

“The movies is where you go see a film or picture in motion. It is usually pretty long.”

“Oh.”

She told him some of the other things in life, like time systems, hours, days, and other important things. She wouldn’t tell him about love, only if he asked one day. It was just too complicated for her to say.

“Here we are!” She and Gogeta landed by a lake. Savanah looked in and let out a breath and smiled. She stretched and walked around looking above the trees.

“This place is so calm! I love it here!” She sat on a log and crossed her legs. Gogeta watched every movement she made. It was like poetry in motion. Then he decided to ask her the question now.

“Hey, Savanah?”

“Yea?”

“Uh, would you uh…”

“Yes?” She had a knowing look on her face. ‘This is it! He’s gonna ask me about love!’

“Would you like to train with me?”

Even better! Training! ‘Oh this would be so much fun!! I’ll become a great fighter like dad! But wait, dad… what if he finds out?’

“Would you? I know you wanted to. That’s the only thing I remember after I stayed.”

“Yes! I would love it! But what about my dad? What if he finds out?”

“He won’t. We’ll keep this a secret.”
“Okay! When do we start?”

“Tomorrow night, here.” Gogeta would have a student to be proud of. And this would also be a great thing to get to know her more.

“Yes!” Savanah jumped up and did a little victory dance.

“Now, about the animals?”

“Oh, of course! I’ll show you some of the birds and stuff. Come with me!” Gogeta followed and looked around at the trees.

“That’s an owl. It’s a type of bird that only is awake at night and prays on other small animals. It can turn it’s head in a 180 degrees angle!”

“But why does it kill other animals? That’s mean.”

“Well, that’s how the whole life circle goes. It’s cruel I know but they need other animals in order to survive.”

The more animals and plants Savanah showed Gogeta, the more amazed he was of all the stuff this world had. There was a lot of things to remember, but with Savanah’s way of explaining, they were easy to remember. He still watched every move she made and listened to every word she said. He wasn’t sure of this feeling he had, or if he could trust it.

By 7:30, Goku got back home and found Gogeta glued to the TV. Savanah was in the kitchen making a snack and preparing for the movies.

“Hey guys! We’re home!”

“Hi! I’m making snacks! What movie are we gonna see?”

“Well, I guess we’ll go see this one movie called Sting Ray. It’s suppose to be a PG-13 horror, but I think Goten could see it. What about you?” ChiChi said, with a unsure sound in her voice.

“Yea, sure! Gogeta, wanna see a scary movie?”

No answer.

“Hey Gogeta!! Wanna see a movie!?”

“Uh, okay!” He turned off the TV, disappointed he didn’t get to watch more.

~At The Movies~

"So, Goku, I brought tons of stuff. Pick somethin." Savanah held out the bag of snacks she packed.

"Ooo, yummy! I'll have this, that, that and this."

"No fair! Dad, you took all the good stuff!" Goten jumped up on his father's shoulders.

"You want anything Gogeta?" ChiChi took a bag of chips and handed it to him.

"Thanks."

"Quiet guys! Movie's starting!" Goten sat in his seat, gripping onto the arm resters. The lights faded, and the picture turned from black to green.


~Son House~

“Wow that was a good movie! Those sting rays are pretty creepy lookin’.”

“I didn’t know there was suppose to be any romantic stuff! Goten shouldn’t have seen it!”

‘Oh shoot. Romance. Get ready for the question, Savvy.” Savanah braced herself.

“Hey Savanah, what’s romance?”

And there it was! The question she feared most!

“Uh, it’s um,…”

“I’ll leave you to talk about that. I’m going in the living room.” Goku walked away to avoid that. He didn’t know one thing to say about love.

“Wait for me Dad!” Goten ran along too.

"Oh, boys. They never know when to talk or even how to talk. I'll be in the kitchen." ChiChi smiled and left.

‘Yay. They left.’

“What is it?” Now Gogeta was impatient.

“It’s where two people who really like each other, they um are in love. They can sleep together, get married and uh yea. That mushy stuff.”

“Oh.” The Saiyan blushed and looked down.

“Yea…”

“I’ll be in my room.”

“Okay, bye.” Savanah quietly jumped onto the couch and turned the TV on.

‘That wasn’t hard at all!’

-------------------------------

A/N - WOW! That was LONG! I just love writing long chapters! (unlike some people out there). It’s now 1:42 a.m. I’ve been typing chapters since like, 10:30 p.m. I watched Dragonball GT too. I can’t wait for the next episode where Vegeta uses the blutz wave to go SSJ4!