Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Storytime ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Elder opened his eyes and sat up. He blinked his eyes as he tried to collect his thoughts. He had been discussing the Saiyens. He had been discussing the Saiyens and the history of their original planet.

"Are you gonna continue now?" a smaller Namek asked and the Elder nodded his head.

"If I can get some water, then I'll start again," the Elder said and a younger Namek jumped up.

"I'll get it for you," he said and ran off.

"Let's see now. Where was I?"

"Something about rats," a toddler said and the Elder looked confused.

"Rats? There are no rats in this story," he said.

"I think he means Radditz," an older Namek said.

"Ah, I see. Yes. Radditz was never sent to the earth to destroy it. He was sent to enlist Goku in the resistance against Frieza."

"Um...you said that already," another Namek said and the Elder looked at him.

"I did? Yes, well..."

"What happened to Rad...Rad...Radiz?" another small one asked and the older ones snickered.

"He was killed," the Elder replied and the Nameks perked up at the word "killed". Perhaps things were going to get interesting, after all.

"Goku killed him!" one cried and the Elder shook his head.

"No," he said and they all looked at him, interest shining in their dark eyes. Some of the younger ones placed their toys in their mouths as others leaned forward, anxiously awaiting for the Elder to continue. No? They all wondered. But Goku was the greatest hero the universe had ever known. Why hadn't Goku killed Radditz and more importantly, who had? Unsure glances were exchanged between Nameks as some of the littler ones rolled over in their sleep with a couple kicking off the fabric boots that they wore.

"If Goku didn't kill him, who did?" a Namek wearing a red-orange headband inquired and the Elder smiled.

"Piccolo," he said and the Nameks whispered in excitement. Piccolo! NOW things were getting interesting. Piccolo was a well-known name among Nameks, both for his noble and not so noble deeds.

"But he didn't do it alone. Goku had to subdue Radditz until Piccolo had gathered enough ki to unleash his special attack. Goku was also killed by the attack, though," the Elder said and some Nameks looked confused.

"Then how did he get to be alive again?" one asked and a few glared at him.

"The dragonballs!" they cried and the Elder nodded his head.

"You're quite right, but let's not forget about Vejita. He and another Saiyen, Nappa, overheard the mention of dragonballs on their scanners and went to check it out," he replied.

"What's a scanner?" a young Namek asked.

"A scanner is something that can see and hear things but it isn't alive. It's a machine."

"Like a ship?" another inquired.

"No. It's like a small computer," the Elder said. "They wore it over one eye."

"Like half a pair of glasses?"

"How were they able to see, then?"

"They could see perfectly without the scanner."

"Then why did they need them?"

The Elder sighed as the small Namek gazed up at him expectantly. So many questions for such a small child and he was already beginning to feel tired of the whole ordeal. Maybe he should rush through the story to the ending. But then all the young ones were looking forward to a good story...

"They needed them to see invisible things," the Elder said. "Now Vejita and Nappa set their sights on Earth to get the dragonballs, but let's not forget about Frieza. He's the one we really have to watch out for."

"What's he been doing all this time?" one asked.

"Frieza knew that Vejita was eventually going to try to overthrow him and he feared a Super Saiyen the most so he set off for the other planet that had dragonballs and that was..."

"Namek," one of the older ones said and the Elder nodded his head.

"Exactly. Frieza wanted to become immortal before Vejita could get his wish but there was one problem. The dragonballs had already been used to wish Goku and Piccolo back to life."

"What happened to Piccolo?" the group inquired.

"Nappa, the Saiyen that was in league with Vejita, killed him," the Elder replied.

"How? Why?" a Namek inquired.

"Why? Well let's just say that Piccolo got in his way but Goku stopped him when he tried to go after Gohan and Krillin."

"I thought Goku was dead," an older Namek said and the Elder looked at him.

"He was but he isn't now. Now Vejita got upset with Nappa's incompetence and..."

"How did Piccolo get wished back if Goku got wished back? They'd have to wait a year to find all the dragonballs again because the Earth dragon can only grant one wish," another Namek said and the Elder sighed in exasperation.

"Do you want me to tell you this or not?" he asked and the others, who were genuinely interested in the story, glared at the two Nameks in question.

"I'd like to hear it," one of them replied. "It's just your method of storytelling leaves a lot to be desired."

"Oh and I bet you could tell this story better?! I'll have you know that this story has been passed down to me by a well-known guardian, may Other World have mercy on his soul."

"Would you just shut up?!" the Namek beside the one who had just spoken said. "It doesn't matter how Goku did it. It's Goku. He could do anything."

"Yeah! He could do anything!" a group of smaller Nameks chimed in, pleased at the fact that they were participating.

"All right," the first one said. "I apologize for interrupting. Please continue."