Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Storytime ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Vejita was upset with Nappa's performance and killed him. Vegeta then found out that the dragonballs were useless so went to the other planet that had them. Namek. He was determined to get the dragonballs before Frieza did but Frieza had arrived on Namek long before Vegeta did and went about destroying villages in an attempt to locate the dragonballs.

"Boy, that Frieza really was not nice at all. He killed some Nameks too, didn't he?" one of the older Nameks, who looked as though he was in his early teens asked, and the Elder nodded his head.

"Yes. For you see, each of the Elders of the eight most prestigious villages on this planet, were in charge of the dragonballs. Frieza went straight to work with the help of his men and destroyed a few of the villages and collected the dragonballs while Vejita was en route to Namek."

"We didn't have anyone that could stop him?!" one indignant Namek asked and the others looked around.

"Where was Piccolo during all of this?" some wanted to know.

"He was on Earth with Goku. He tried to destroy the Earth, after all," another one said.

"No he didn't!" a younger one cried out and the older Namek looked at him.

"He did too."

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Would you both be quiet?!" another Namek demanded. "We can't hear the story."

"Is everyone listening now?" the Elder inquired and the Nameks nodded their heads. "Good. So by the time Vejita got there, Frieza had five in his possession. Vejita, after listening in on his scouter, looked for a village to obtain the remaining two, knowing that the rest would come into his possession eventually. However, Gohan and Krillin were thinking the same things, except they were going to take one so that none of the bad guys could get all of them while they waited for Goku to arrive."

"Where was Goku?" one inquired and the Elder looked at him.

"He was on his way."

"From where?"

"From Earth. Now Vejita took one of the dragonballs and hid it in a lake next to the village he had destroyed. He then went off in search of another but saw Dodoria, one of Frieza's top officers, in pursuit of Krillin and Gohan. Now by then, Vejita had slain one of Frieza's officers and Frieza and his men knew that Vejita was a growing force to be reckoned with."

"So...was Vejita bad?" a Namek inquired as some of the toddlers sat up, sleepily rubbing their eyes. A few yawned, their little green hands clenched into fists as they stretched their small bodies.

"What do you think? He killed people," another said.

"Goku killed people," an older one said and a few of the young Goku worshippers glared at him.

"He did not! He never killed anyone!" they cried.

"Piccolo killed people. Does that make him bad?" another asked.

"No!" a few Nameks cried, although those were obviously from the clan that Piccolo had come from and they were merely protecting their heritage, not arguing just for the sake of an argument.

"You're just protecting your name. Piccolo killed Radditz, after all," another said and the the members of the Wind Clan glared at him. The Wind Clan hailed such names as Piccolo, Flute, and Piano and the Nameks who were from that clan had a high amount of pride in their heritage. They did not like others putting down their clan for no reason whatsoever.

"Well yeah, but that was because Radditz was going to destroy the Earth," one Namek wearing a light blue robe said.

"Why did everyone care about the Earth so much?"

"Well, no one cared about the Earth until the problem with Frieza arose," the Elder said as he leaned forward in his chair. "Why if it wasn't for Frieza, most of the Nameks here would have never heard of Earth. Except for the guardian, that is. Now back to Vejita. Dodoria has a few words with Vejita, one of which has to do with Vejita's home planet. Remember, Frieza could destroy whole planets and that's what he did to Vejita's home. Enraged, Vejita kills Dodoria. But he also didn't kill Dodoria out of anger."

"What do you mean?" an older Namek inquired.

"Vejita wasn't stupid. He knew that he couldn't get to Frieza with all his military advisors around him so he began killing them one by one. He also used his conversation with Dodoria to find out that all the scouters had been destroyed."

"So what advantage did that give him?" another Namek asked.

"Frieza's men wouldn't be able to locate him as easily," the Elder replied. "But when Dodoria did not return, Frieza sent out Zarbon to take care of Vejita."

"So who's side is Vejita on?" a third Namek inquired as some more of the toddlers sleepily sat up and glanced around them as they tried to figure out where they were and what was going on.

"Vejita was on no one's side but his own. He wanted the dragonballs for himself and didn't care what happened to Gohan and the rest of the Earth people."

"Boy, how could anyone like a guy like that?" another one asked and the one beside him shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know, it sounds like he has his reasons for what he's doing. I mean his whole planet was destroyed," the thin Namek with large ears said and a fat Namek looked at him.

"Our planet was destroyed as well, but you don't see us killing people," he said.

"We didn't have to. We had Goku."

"Goku didn't kill Frieza, though," another Namek pointed out and the Elder cleared his throat.

"You're getting ahead of the story, there," he said. "Now let's just see what happens, shall we?"