Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Teal Eyes ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

mystic_writer: I hope you guys like the *REVISED* version of Teal Eyes Chapters 1-4!

~*~

Chapter 2

By mystic_writer

mystic_writer@hotmail.com

~*~

The arrogant man known as Hercule stuck out his chest and stomped over to the doctor.

"What happened?! Where is she?! Is she in there?! Let me in!" He roared.

"But Mr. Satan, sir, she needs her rest!" the doctor explained.

"I don't care!" the Champ growled. "She knew better than to go running in that building and getting almost killed!"

"Mr. Satan, please lower your voice! This is a hospital, not a fighting arena! You may see your daughter when she wakes up. Now, if you'll excuse me…" As the doctor passed Gohan, he whispered, "I always thought he was an asshole!"

Gohan chuckled and picked up his bag. 'I'd better get to school or mom will freak when she learns I missed half the day!'

"What are you looking at skinny punk?!" bellowed the man-who-beat-Cell.

Gohan realized he'd been staring at Hercule the whole time.

"Err... nothing sir...!" The teen rushed out of the room, powering down, his goal to get to school before first period was over.

Hercule grumbled and parked himself in one of those uncomfortable waiting chairs. He sat there for 10 minutes when a thought finally pushed its way into his tiny brain.

"Don't I know that kid from somewhere?!"

~*~

Videl drowsily opened her eyes and gave a small yawn as she looked around at her surroundings. `How did I get here? Wait-I remember… that guy with the strange eyes…' She felt a blush creep upon her cheeks. `Very beautiful, teal eyes…' She lifted a shaky hand up to her lips where the young man's had been earlier. `His lips were so soft and warm… I hope I will see him again soon…'

~*~

Gohan hurried down Hall A of Orange Star High, reading each door number that went by. Yep, he'd missed first period, but the principle let him off easy seeing he was new. He finally found the right door and entered quietly. The teacher acknowledged his presence and she turned to the young saya-jin. Her blonde hair was pulled back in a bun and wore a long skirt that almost touched the floor.

"Ah, you must be Gohan... Welcome to Orange Star," she said with an accent that seemed most likely German. She cleared her throat as she faced the class. "Everyone, we have a new student today! Please welcome Son Gohan." She turned to the shy boy and asked, "Gohan, would you tell us a little about yourself?"

Gohan nodded and let his eyes scan around the room.

"Hello, I'm Son Gohan." He gazed back at the teacher who gestured `continue' with her hand. "Well… I commute here, I love to read, and… I practice martial arts." He said the last part unwillingly.

The teacher stepped to her podium and picked up a pink textbook. "Thank you, Gohan. You may sit wherever you like."

"Okay... Thank you…" Gohan looked around nervously, trying to find the perfect vacant seat. A blonde girl in an orange tube top stood up and pointed to the seat next to her.

"Hey handsome, here's one," She purred.

He nodded, blushing.

"T-thanks," He started up the aisle, trying to ignore all the girls' flirty eyes and the guys' death glares. The blonde girl `pounced' on him as soon as he sat down.

"Hi!" she chirped, "I'm Erasa! So you're a martial artist? I'm not much of a sporty girl but I looove strong guys!" She then giggled. "You hair is like, soooooo cool!"

Gohan sweatdropped after he received a glare from a blonde guy sitting a seat away from the Erasa. 'Dende help!'

~*~

-On Dende's Lookout-

"Sorry bro, you're on your on!" the young Namek answered.

Piccolo woke up from meditating. "Is Gohan asking for help again?"

Dende shook his head. "Yeah, the poor guy never gets it easy!"

~*~

Gohan noticed an empty seat beside Erasa. "Hey, does anyone sit there?"

Erasa nodded. "Yeah, Satan Videl sits here, but she got hurt this morning when she went into a burning building!"

'WHAT?!' Gohan thought, `Oh man! I'll have classes with Hercule's daughter-the girl that I rescued? Well... She seemed like a nice girl. I hope she gets better soon...'

"And then he showed up!" Erasa clasped her hands together and sighed.

Gohan sank into his seat, a feeling of dread overtaking him suddenly. "He?"

"Yes, they've named him the Gold Fighter, because he has the most gorgeous, golden hair and a strange yellow glow around him! He looks just like one of those fighters from the Cell Games!" Erasa exclaimed excitedly. "That guy must have some kind of telepathy or something because he knew just where to find Videl!"

Gohan slumped deeper into his seat. 'Man, my first day of school and I'm already a legend!'

"They say he goes to this school, but I don't believe a word of it!" said the blonde guy next to Erasa. He crossed his muscled arms over his chest and gave a prideful smirk. "I bet he isn't as strong as me…"

"Yeah, right Sharpener," Erasa said, rolling her sky-blue eyes. "They say this guy doesn't look like much, but I'll bet he is really, really strong!" She put her hands to her cheeks, blushing slightly. "Videl's such a lucky girl! The Gold Fighter gave her CPR! I bet his lips were soft and wonderful! Oh, I have got to ask her when I visit her today!"

Gohan picked up his geometry book and stuck his face in it, a fierce flush on his cheeks. `Oh man… Did she have to remind me? So much for a first kiss…'

"Are you okay?" Erasa asked, peering over the top of his book. She giggled when she saw his face. "Oh, sorry. Does stuff like that embarrass you?"

"Um, n-no! I'm f-f-fine, just f-fine..." he stuttered.

"You two in the back! Do you have something you wish to share with the class?" The teacher demanded from her place at the chalkboard.

Both teenagers shook their heads and hid behind their books. Gohan sighed when she turned around and continued teaching. Erasa tore off a piece of paper and scribbled something down on it. She then put it on Gohan's desk and winked at him. He opened it up and read:

It sure was nice meeting you. Hey, will you sit with me at lunch?

Gohan nodded, getting a wide grin in return. `Maybe high school won't be so bad after all…'

~*~