Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Teal Eyes ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

mystic_writer: *pulls wads of gum from her poor auburn hair* Why that witch! She ruined my hair!

Crystelle: *laughs evilly* An eye for an eye! *brushes out her Gwen Stafani like hair* You know, this isn't half bad! And you're right, I do love pink!

mystic_writer: Oh shut up! Anyway, here's Chapter Seven! Hope you guys enjoy!

~*~

Chapter 7

By mystic_writer

mystic_writer@hotmail.com

~*~

When Videl arrived at the scene, police where swarming everywhere. She immediately ran up to the police chief. "Are you clear to move in?" she asked, peering up at the tall, government office building.

"No, the suspect has control of all the cameras inside AND outside the office. We're trying to locate the security system's blind spots at the moment, and are trying to meet with the suspect's demands-which of course, isn't going to be easy at all. He wants 10 million within the next hour or he says he'll..."

Videl clinched her fists. "We can't let that happen,"

"…Yes. …" The chief agreed. "And Videl, I am most certain there are children among the hostages. We have everything to lose. Please, when we get the signal, I want you to do your stuff…"

Videl nodded. "I understand, sir!"

A police officer came running up to the duo, holding a white piece of paper in his hand. "Chief! We got one!" He handed the paper to the chief who studied it with great care.

"…Alright. Videl, you see this window?" He pointed to a second-story window on the building plans. "If we can get you around to the back and get you in here, then you can…"

As the chief explained everything to Videl, the nearby pay phone that was being monitored rang. An officer standing beside it answered it while another tapped into the phone line. Within minutes, they had another report.

The officer that answered the phone came up to Videl and the chief with a defeated look on his face. "Chief, he claims he's already shot a woman. He and his men want 30 million now."

"The fool!" Without a word, Videl put her plan into action, racing toward the building.

"Videl, wait! Not yet!" The chief cried, but she kept on running toward the tall office building. "We're not clear to move in yet! VIDEL!"

~*~

Gohan went super as soon as he was clear of people's sights. There was a chill in the air, and it wasn't even October! `That's no weather…' Gohan thought as he flew closer to the blinking lights of the police cars that surrounded a tall office building. `Something's wrong!' He landed in an alley behind a local jewelry store and ran to the crowd that was kept behind the police barricades. He pushed his way to the front and, thanks to his saya-jin hearing, was able to overhear what the officers were saying.

"Hercule's kid is crazy! She's unarmed AND she has no means of communication with us!" said one of the policemen.

"Yeah. And what's more… the people we are dealing with are a military faction! They hate our government and everything we stand for! They have no regards for the young or weak…" another officer said in great desperation. "We are in big trouble. There's no way that this will go smoothly. This type of situation always takes the lives of the innocent…"

"Not while I'M around." Gohan pushed past the barricade and stepped out from the crowd.

The chief approached the half saya-jin. "I'm sorry sir but you're just a civilian…and…" His bushy eyebrows furrowed. "Wait a minute! You-You were at the fire! You're that…that SUPER HUMAN!" He backed away in astonishment.

"It's the Gold Fighter!" a young girl cried from the crowd.

A guy wearing sunglasses raised his fist in agreement. "Yeah! Let him go in there!"

The crowd began to cheer for the saya-jin standing before them. The chief nodded to Gohan, who made his way to the building. As soon as he climbed through a broken window, gunfire erupted. He easily dodged each bullet and kicked one of the military-clad guys in the stomach, sending him back into the wall. Before the other could react, Gohan knocked his feet out from under him. He then picked up each gun and crushed them into powder.

`I've got to find Videl!' He thought, exiting the disheveled room. He looked both ways, and then ran left, down the lengthy hall. However, he stopped dead in his tracks when the sickening smell of blood reached his sensitive nostrils.

`Oh no…' He followed the scent to a small room where a young secretary lay on the floor. The once beige carpet underneath her was soaked crimson. There were pictures on her desk… pictures of her and a man gazing at each other with content, and another of her holding a joyful child. Gohan knelt down and brushed her bangs from her peaceful face. For a moment, he was reminded of how he felt after Goku died. Sad. Alone. Hopeless.

"You didn't deserve this." He told her softly, although knowing she couldn't hear him. "I'll make sure that those who have done this will pay." He stood up to continue his mission. "And I'll be sure to pay my respects to your family. I know how it feels to lose a loved one."

`Videl…please hold on…'

~*~

Sweat dripped off of Videl's chin as she peered around the corner. Her bottom lip quivered as she listened and looked for signs of life. All of a sudden, the sound of doors opening and footsteps coming down the hall reached her ears. She bolted for a nearby janitor's closet and closed the door until there was only a slight slither between the door and the frame. She peeked into the light of the crack, her heart pounding. Two men dressed in army-like clothes came down the hall, the cadence of their boots echoing along the walls. Both were armed with AK47s.

"We've already checked this floor!" one of the men complained. "I'm telling' ya no one that is still alive is here!"

"Boss's orders." the other one mumbled, stopping in front of a drink machine. "Dude, you got a dollar?"

"Aw, fer cryin' out loud, man!" As soon as he handed his comrade the bill, both men were struck, in union, in the back of the head. Their guns clanged as they hit the hard floor.

Videl crouched down and picked up one of the 47s. `Should I?' she thought, her hands trembling as she felt of the cold metal. `It would be foolish to stay unarmed… but… I'm NOT that kind of person. It would wrong…' She laid the gun down and stood up, taking in what was around her. A hall to the left, …stairs at the end of the one to the right…

"Chief said that the hostages were being held in the meeting room. If I'm on the second floor then…" Videl did a quick estimate of her situation and decided that if more of the army men showed up and saw their companions in such a way… She grasped one of the guys' hands and dragged him into the janitor's closet. She did the same with the other, and put the weapons in there as well. She also picked up the lone dollar and stuffed it into her pocket. ^_~ With her tracks covered, she bounded up the stairs, anxious for her next run-in with the bad guys.

~*~

Gohan stepped cautiously into the cafeteria and surveyed the area. `No one in sight… that's good.' he thought as he sniffed the air. `She's been here…' With his super saya-jin powers unleashed, every single of his senses were magnified a hundred fold.

"Nothing will stop me from saving those people… and Videl. Nothing…" Gohan left the cafeteria through the doors on the opposite wall and followed Videl's scent to a hall with a drink machine and a single janitor's closet. He trailed her heavenly fragrance to the closet and opened it, although finding something he didn't expect to see. He chuckled at the two army guys with swirls in their eyes, shaking his head as he shut the door.

"Man, she sure doesn't hold back… That's what I really like about her… She's so brave and beautiful…" He realized what he said, his teal eyes widening. `Gohan, you idiot!' his usual human side protested, `You don't even know her! How can you possibly feel this way for a girl you haven't known for even three weeks yet?'

Gohan stared down at his hands in astonishment. "It's my saya-jin blood… It's making me feel so… different." `Don't forget how her scent makes you feel…' his saya-jin side reminded, `Don't forget how much you want to-'

"Stop it!" He told himself. "I've got to keep moving! I can argue with myself later!" He followed her trail up some stairs and onto the next floor.

~*~

mystic_writer: *dramatic voice* Will Videl meet her teal-eyed hero again? Will the hostages be released safely? Will Crystelle stop brushing her perfect hair?!

Crystelle: Not until it's the shiniest it can be! ^_^

mystic_writer: I HATE you.