Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Teal Eyes ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

mystic_writer:

~*~

Teal Eyes

Chapter 11

By mystic_writer

mystic_writer@hotmail.com

~*~

Erasa watched, contented, as her friend slept. The doctors had told her that Videl was doing much better and could go home in two days. Quite sleepy herself, Erasa stretched backward, yawning. There was a knock at the door, bringing her from her drowsy state. She smiled and jumped up from her seat.

"Hey Gohan!" she said in a soft tone, not wanting to wake the sleeping Videl. "I'm so glad you could make it!"

Gohan nodded and closed the door behind him. "Me too." He noticed Erasa staring at him, and knew exactly what she was thinking. "I know I look ridiculous!"

"No you don't," Erasa argued, giggling. "You look very dashing." She reached out to touch his collar and gave him a coy smile. "I wish a guy would come see me like this! Videl doesn't know just how lucky she is."

Gohan blushed and looked away. "Y-Yeah."

Erasa gazed at her watch. "Well, I got homework," she said, picking up her backpack and slipping it on her shoulders. "See ya at school tomorrow! Bye!"

Gohan watched her disappear out the door and turned back to Videl. Thoughts of her heart racing against his as he rushed her to this very place circled his mind. Slowly, he sat down at the vacant chair by her bed, thinking of what his next move would be. But he didn't have to. A soft sound fluttered up to his ears, snapping him awake. He watched, nervous, as Videl's azure eyes opened. She would have noticed his presence almost immediately if she wasn't filled up with so much medicine. Finally, her eyes made their way to his, her expression changing from totally sleepy to semi-sleepy and surprised.

"…Gohan?"

Gohan gave her his crooked smile. "Hey. Glad to see you're awake."

Videl sat up a little, trying to knock off the effects of the medicine. "You came all the way here to see me?" she asked, smirking. "I can understand stopping by after school-it's not far from here. But if I remember correctly, you told me that you live five hundred miles from Satan City. Am I right?"

Gohan laughed. "I-I didn't think you would remember that… heh heh…"

"Oh? Then… you really weren't serious about tutoring me, were you?"

`Man she's good…' Gohan thought. `At least she's feeling like her old self… Only she could be that witty in a state like hers…' "Um… you know I didn't want to wear this…" he said, referring to his suit and also trying to change the subject.

Videl frowned. "Look, you don't have to tutor me if you don't want to. I'll find someone else. I just thought since we had a lot in common that we would study together better." She sighed.

"No! That's okay," Gohan said. "I don't mind, really!"

"Alright then." Videl sat up further. "I'll come by sometime after I get released. How does that sound?"

"Uh…"

"Okay! Then it's settled," Videl said, smiling deviously. `He has NO idea what I'm planning…'

Gohan sighed. This was hopeless. Then, he remembered. "Oh yeah, I… ah… … I got you something…" he said, feeling in his jacket pocket. "It's here somewhere…"

Videl seemed taken aback. "Y-You got me a gift?"

"Here it is…" Gohan held out a small box in his palm. "I thought this would cheer you up…" He gazed at the floor, feeling his cheeks burn.

Videl smiled, blushing. She took the box and opened it. Inside was a charm, but not just any charm… It was a black and red dragon whose long body was curled and fiery mouth open, ready to cook anybody to a crisp. Videl looked up at the saya-jin, not sure what to say.

"You know… dragons mean good luck…" Gohan mumbled, his face as hot as a firecracker. "I thought that with everything that was happening that… you would need it." He smiled, getting enough courage to look at her. Videl smiled in return, butterflies in her stomach. She took the trinket from its box and held it in her hands.

`Gosh…' Videl thought, holding the charm close to her chest. `I didn't know a simple gesture from Gohan could make me feel like this…' The moment was perfect, just him and her looking into each other's eyes shyly… nothing could ruin it…

The door opened suddenly, the peaceful image shattered, bringing in a nightmare… and that nightmare was clinging to Hercule's arm.

"The nurse told us that you were awake," Crystelle said, her fake concern obvious to Videl. "You poor dear. Are you in any pain?"

`Hey… it's that woman…' Gohan thought, watching as the happy expression on Videl's face changed to that of annoyance and anger.

"I don't think that's any of your business, witch," Videl snapped, giving Crystelle a full-on death glare.

"Videl!" her father barked. "How dare you! It is her business! And it will be from now on!"

Videl's eyes narrowed. "What do you mean?"

Crystelle smirked, holding out her hand. On her ring finger was the end of Videl's life…

An engagement ring.

Videl sat there in horror, speechless. Gohan tried to contain himself, his saya-jin senses tingling from the bad vibes emanating from the woman.

`…Videl is definitely gonna need that good luck I mentioned earlier…'

~*~

mystic_writer: Waaah!! Don't kill me guys!!! Please please please!!! But don't worry… You have NO idea what's in store for Miss Gold-digger… *evil laugh* Mwuahahahahaha…. Find out what's going down in the next chapter of Teal Eyes!