Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Teal Eyes ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

mystic_writer: Sorry the last chappie was so short…Sometimes you have to write until you think it's just right! Hey, that rhymed! Lol, anyway, I'm sure you guys will love this exceptionally long chapter that came just short of 3000 words!

~*~

Teal Eyes

Chapter 12

By mystic_writer

mystic_writer@hotmail.com

~*~

~1 week later~

Videl huffed as she brought the huge knife in her hand up and down, chopping the onions beneath it. `This cooking thing is hard…' she thought, picking up the diced onions and putting them in a bowl. Then, she grabbed a pair of mitts and opened the oven to inspect her casserole. Thick, black smoke started billowing from the small space. Coughing, she picked up the dish and set it on the counter. Its crust was dark and veggies burnt to a crisp. Moaning, Videl threw the mitts down on the counter and sighed.

"Videl! Aren't you done yet?!" her father yelled from the dining room.

Videl tried to calm herself as she felt a vain bulge. "NO dad, not yet!"

"Well hurry! Crystelle and I are starving!"

"Yes sir!" Videl took a handful of the chopped onions and sprinkled them on the casserole. She then picked it up and took it to the dining room where Crystelle sat, tapping her red polished nails on the huge oak dining table.

"Well it's about time," she snapped.

Videl shot her a death glare as she set the casserole on the table.

Crystelle pointed at the dish. "You call THAT food?"

"Now now," Hercule said, "Give her some credit, honey. At least she tried."

Videl smirked, sitting down beside her father, as Crystelle fumed. After serving everyone a piece, Videl watched as Hercule took a bite of her work.

"Hey this isn't half bad," he said, putting an arm around her. "You're learning Videl."

Videl smiled, seeing Crystelle take a bite with malice. Crystelle smiled suddenly, and looked at Videl.

"You know Videl…" she said, "…that boy called… lets see, what was his name again? Gohan?"

Videl felt her gut tie into a knot. "When?"

"Yesterday while you were cleaning the bedrooms. He wanted to talk to you but I told him you were… very busy," Crystelle replied, enjoying the moment to its fullest. "His also called this morning."

"Ah! Why didn't you tell me?" Videl demanded. "I wasn't doing anything this morning!"

"Oh you know… with it being the weekend and all… Besides dear, weren't you supposed to be doing make-up work from school? A girl's education is important."

Videl looked over at her father, who eyed her with `his look.'

"You haven't finished your make-up work?!" he bellowed.

"But dad, I was tired from cleaning yesterday… I had to sleep late…" Videl whined.

"Videl, I've tried to be nice to you…" Hercule stated. "…To give you an extra week off from school so you can catch up… but you slack!"

"But-"

"It's Sunday afternoon for goodness sakes! You had all week to do it!"

"BUT DAD!" Videl cried, "I was doing HOUSEWORK all week!"

"Well you should have balanced your time better!" Hercule replied, setting his fork down. "…You've had enough time to heal and catch up. You're going back to school tomorrow, is that clear young lady?"

Videl bowed her head. "Yes sir."

Crystelle smirked, taking another bite of the casserole, but stopped as she started feeling funny. She fanned herself, looking around the room.

"Herc, is it hot in here to you?"

Hercule didn't even look up as he shoveled food into his mouth. "No honey."

Crystelle felt something tighten around her finger, and looked to see the skin bulging around her engagement ring.

"Huh?" Upon looking closer, both of her hands were swollen… her arms too. "Hercule, what's wrong with me?!" she cried.

Both Satans blinked. To them, it sounded like Crystelle had a frog in her mouth.

"Honey, don't talk with your mouth full," Hercule said. "It's not polite."

"Bu ah don haf anyhin in ma mouf," she said, spitting. Horrified, she stood up.

Videl's eyes went wide as she looked at Crystelle, whose cheeks puffed out like a blowfish. Her hips were wide, stretching her mini, her legs were twice their size… and her butt was the size of Mount Rushmore. Videl tried hard to stop snickering at the sight before her.

"Ah! Honey, what's going on?!" Hercule rushed to her side-her very, very HUGE side-to calm her.

"Wha wa in da fffood?!" Crystelle screeched at Videl.

Videl thought for a moment. "… Well, it was a tuna casserole… so it had-"

"UNA?! Ahm ilerhic to unnna!" Crystelle tried to say.

Videl couldn't hold back any longer as she fell over in her dad's seat, laughing.

Hercule picked up Crystelle, although he had some trouble doing it.

"I'll take ya to the hospital!" he said, "They'll make ya all better!" He rushed her to the hall, the blonde kicking the whole way.

"NO!" she yelled, beating on the large man's chest. "Ah don wanna go!"

"Aw, don't worry babycakes,!" Hercule soothed, "You look… uh, fine! Er, really!" He grabbed his keys off the table by the front door, and carried Crystelle, who was now balling her eyes out, to his hovercraft.

"Ma beauiul figuuur!" she cried.

Videl, meanwhile, held her still slightly sore stomach, laughing. Spent, she lay on the dining chairs, giggling every now and then.

`…It's funny,' she thought, `I didn't know she was allergic to tuna… but she deserved that…' Videl sat up when a sudden idea came to her. "Hey… now's my chance to see Gohan!"

She jumped on her feet, ran to the living room, to the front door. Sunlight greeted her when she opened the door. Videl took out her capsule box and opened it up, revealing six different capsules. She freed one from its place and threw it. A nice, red hovercraft appeared. Videl got in and started the engine.

"Gohan will be so surprised," she said, smirking, as she sped off into the distance.

~*~

Sato bent down, picking two flowers by a rock. Goten snored under a nearby tree. Smiling, Sato skipped over to her new big brother. She kneeled by him and pried a blade of grass from the ground. She tried to control her giggling as she stuck the grass up his nose. His itching nose wriggled and twisted as he awoke.

"A-A-ACHOOOO!"

Sato giggled, watching as Goten sat up and rubbed his nose.

"Heeeeyyyy…" he whined. "I was having the bestest dream ever!"

"Really?" Sato asked in her cute voice, "What was it about?"

A huge grin appeared on Goten's face.

"I was on a planet made of ice cream!" he exclaimed, mouth dripping. "The ground was mint-chocolate chip! And the trees where chocolate! OH! And the clouds where vanilla! It was so good!"

Sato laughed. "That sounds so yummy!"

"Goten! Sato! Lunch is ready!"

"Yay!" they said in unison. Both children bolted for the small house they called home. Goten nearly ran in to Gohan in the kitchen, but was the first one at the table.

"Food please!" he said, chopsticks ready.

"Hang on, hang on…" Chichi said as she sat bowls of rice in front of each Son. She put two more dishes on the table before sitting down.

"Thank you!" Sato and Goten chimed.

"You're welcome, sweeties." Chichi looked at Gohan, who seemed quite… out of it. "What's the matter, Gohan?" she asked.

Gohan looked up from his bowl. "…Nothing."

Chichi crossed her arms. "You're not very good at lying, Gohan," she stated. "What is it? You're supposed to be able to tell me everything. I am your mother, after all."

Gohan glanced at Goten, who was eating like crazy. Sato was trying to mimic him. Ever since she became a Son, Sato did everything like her new brothers, even if it wasn't very lady like. For example, at the moment, she was strewing rice everywhere as she tried to munch as fast as Goten. Yep, she had adapted quite well…

"You've been like this all week. Care to explain, dear?" Chichi asked her oldest son.

Gohan turned to face her. "Well… I guess it's okay to talk about it now…" He took a bite of steamed rice. "When I was visiting Videl in the hospital, this woman came in with Hercule. She gave me the creeps! Of course, I've met her before-when Erasa and me went to see Videl before she got hurt. I think her name's Crystelle or something."

Chichi rolled her dark eyes. "So, the "Champ" has another girlfriend. What's new?"

"She had an engagement ring on her finger," Gohan said, watching as his mother's expression turned to shock.

"Well THAT's new…" she said.

Gohan sighed. "It hurt to see Videl go from being so happy to utterly miserable. They only stayed for about fifteen minutes, then left." `But the damage was done,' he thought, `Her smile faded like the setting sun.' "She must have cried after I left…"

Chichi clasped her hands together. "Aw, Gohan. I think you should go see her. From the sound of it, she really enjoys your company!"

"Huh? Today? But…" It suddenly hit the saya-jin; his mother was up to no good! "Mo-om! I told you, it's not like that! Besides, I should see her at school tomorrow, I guess. She's had enough time to heal…"

There was a loud sound outside.

"I wonder who that could be?" Chichi said as she rose from her seat. She went through the house to the front door and opened it, peering outside. "Ah… It's you," she said, stepping outside. "Videl…"

"So I take it Gohan told you about me?" Videl said, hopping out of her aircar. She pressed the little red button, and in an instant, the car disappeared into the capsule.

Chichi beamed. "Yes. I remember talking to you on the phone a while ago. Glad to see you're looking so well."

Videl nodded. "Thanks. Is Gohan busy? If so, I'll just…"

"No!" Chichi cried a little too loudly. She smiled, flushing. "Uh, I mean, he's not busy at all… In fact, we just sat down for lunch! Would you like to join us?"

Videl smiled. "I'd love to, Mrs. Son."

"Oh, don't be so formal, dear," Chichi said, ushering the teen into her home. "You can call me Chichi."

"Okay… Chichi," Videl said, as she entered the living room. She gazed around at many photos on the wall. One, in particular, caught her eye. "Mrs.… um, Chichi, I didn't know you had such a big family!" she said, pointing to a photo of everyone in front of Kame House, which was taken sometime before Bulma, Krillin, and little Gohan had traveled to Namek.

"Oh that!" Chichi said, "They are considered family… But I'm afraid no one that picture is truly related…"

"Hey, is that Gohan?" Videl asked, giggling, pointing to a small boy standing beside Krillin. "Aw, he's so cute!"

"Yes. He was about five in that picture," Chichi said, proud at the memory.

Videl looked at another picture of Goku, Gohan, and all the fighters of the z-gang. "…Did you by any chance teach Gohan and Goten martial arts after their father died?"

Chichi seemed taken aback. "How did… Oh, Gohan must have told you." She nodded. "Yes, I taught Goten martial arts, but Gohan learned most everything he knows from his father."

"Oh…" Videl looked at Chichi's sad face. "Um, sorry if I asked too much…"

Chichi smiled as best she could. "That's okay dear. Now, let's go into the kitchen?"

Videl nodded as she followed Chichi into the smaller room. The teen watched as Gohan shoveled so much rice into his mouth that he looked like a squirrel with its cheeks packed with nuts. Videl giggled, bringing the saya-jin's attention to her. This time, he looked like a deer caught in the headlights of a car.

"Fidewl?" he said as rice flew everywhere.

"Hi Gohan," she said shyly.

Sato looked up from her rice and smiled. "It's the nice lady!" she cried, jumping from her seat. "Are you feeling better nice lady?"

Videl smiled, patting the child on the head. "Yes I am. Thank you, Sato."

Goten smirked as he waited for Chichi to fill up his bowl for the fourth time. "Hey Gohan, is that your girlfriend?"

Gohan shot up like a rocket. "NO Goten, she is not my girlfriend!" he said, quite flustered.

Chichi motioned for Videl to sit. "Gohan! Don't be rude!"

Videl slid into a chair between Sato and Gohan, who had sunk into his seat. Goten kept staring at Videl as he munched on his rice. Sato mimicked his eating habits. Chichi put more food on the table. All was quiet for the most part. Finally, Chichi broke the silence as she, at last, began to eat.

"So Videl, I guess you came to seek tutoring from Gohan?" she asked, watching as the young woman moved the food around in her bowl.

Videl looked up. "Yes ma'am." She gazed over at Gohan, who continued to hide his face in his bowl as he ate. "I'm sorry to pop in, but I wasn't able to get away from home until now…" she said, thinking back to the earlier incident with poor, poor Crystelle. `Yeah right,' she thought.

"That's okay. Gohan was free today anyway, weren't you Gohan?" she TOLD her son as she jabbed his leg with her own.

Gohan sat up straight and laughed uneasily. "Y-Yeah. Sure."

"In fact, you've finished eating, right?" Chichi said, glaring at her son.

Gohan stood up, and nodded fast. "Mhmm!" he hummed through closed lips nervously.

Videl perked up. "Great!" She looked at Chichi. "The food is great Chichi, but I'm just not that hungry…"

Goten held out his hand. "I'll eat it!"

Videl's eyes widened, but she handed her bowl to him, watching as he began eating on it like it was his last meal. Again, Sato picked up her chopsticks and imitated her brother.

"So, uh, Gohan…" Videl said, rising from her seat. "I was thinking it was a nice day. You wanna study outside?"

Gohan cracked a crooked smile. "Okay…" He started backing into the living room. "I-I'll just go… get my things…"

Videl clasped her hands behind her back and gave him a cute smile. "Kay. I'll wait outside."

Gohan laughed as he disappeared up the stairs. He passed by the small storage room that was made into Sato's room. It was half the size of the two normal bedrooms, but it was fit for a little one like her. Of course, she had thrown a fit, wanting Goten to stay in there with her. So, it's actually her and Goten's room. No complaints came from the younger saya-jin sibling, as he wanted to share a room with someone closer to his age anyway.

The oldest saya-jin sighed as he entered his new all-for-one room. He grabbed his schoolbag, which contained various assignments and writing utensils. He hurried down the stairs, into the kitchen, and out the back door. Videl was waiting for him like she said, perched on a boulder.

"All right Gohan, drop the books," she said, standing up, hands on her hips.

Gohan blinked. "Huh?"

Videl smirked. "You should know by now that I didn't come here for tutoring," she said, crossing her arms. "My grades are fine. I am a little behind, but I'm sure the sensei will understand…"

Gohan approached her, puzzled. "Then why…?"

"You said you know martial arts," Videl replied, "Your mother is the daughter of the Ox King… and your father was Son Goku. You should know some pretty amazing stuff."

Gohan's mouth dropped to the floor. Literally. "But…"

Videl sauntered up to the baffled saya-jin. "The reason I'm behind is because after I finished my chores… I was doing research on your family instead of homework. That's how I knew where you lived."

Gohan snapped out of it, amazed at how she would be able to find such information. "What do you want… then?"

Videl smirked. "I want you to train me."

~*~

mystic_writer: CRYSTELLE TORTURE!!! MWUAHAHA! So, let's go over the happenings:

Sato has adapted well and is happy with her new home.

Crystelle grew 3 dress sizes. ^__^

Videl has sprung a surprise request on Gohan!

What will happen in the next chapter of Teal Eyes? Read to find out!