Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Son Daughter??? ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: The Girl Named Minako
 
“Phew, that was pretty challenging for once”, said the dark haired 16-year-old girl.
 
Her name was Minako and she had just pulled an oak tree up her grandpa's mountain with her bare hands. She looked out from the view up on Ox King's Mountain and saw how the birds flew across the sky. Down where she had just come from was a forest full of squirrels, deer, and many other critters living there. A breeze blew and made her dark hair flow with it as she closed her deep dark brown eyes to enjoy how cool it was up there. Even though she was wearing short shorts, was barefoot, and wearing a tank top that made her stomach visible, it was still really hot and humid down in the woods, but up there was very cool.
 
She shook her head, “Wait a minute; I can't be daydreaming right now.”
 
She picked up the giant oak tree as if it was just a card board box and carried it through the giant gates that led to her grandfather's mansion.
 
The girl set the tree down and yelled, “Grandpa! I got the tree!”
 
A large man came out of the entrance and smiled, “Oh good job honey, you brought it up quicker than I thought.”
 
Minako smiled and said pleasingly, “Well, what can I say. I've gotten stronger than when I was a kid, hey maybe I can beat you for once.”
 
Ox King stepped back, “Whoa there young lady, I just made lunch and if we don't get inside it will be cold. And besides you may have gotten stronger, but I'm not as young as I used to be.”
 
The girl rolled her eyes, “Excuses, excuses, aw whatever gramps let's just get inside. I'm starving!”
 
As the Ox King and Minako walked inside he couldn't help but notice how much Minako was just like her parents. She had the attitude of her mother and the strength of her father… not to mention his appetite. He was happy to have company over here considering his wife wasn't alive anymore and his daughter was married and moved out. His wife died a few months after his daughter, ChiChi, was born. Having Minako around really makes the place seem a lot happier.
 
 
As the two ate their lunch the phone rang the Ox King got up to answer it, “Hello?”
 
A familiar voice answered over the phone, “Hello dad?”
 
The Ox King was surprised ChiChi had called at a time like this; usually she calls at night while Minako is asleep. “Uh yes hold on a second”, the huge man put his hand on the receiver and faced Minako.
 
She took a break from eating and looked at her grandpa with a concerned look on her face, “Is everything alright?”
 
Her grandpa smiled as usual and said happily, “Of course, I'll just be in the other room. This is a very important call that I have to take.”
 
As he went to the other room Minako went back to eating the giant pile of food on her plate. It was a good thing that the phone was cordless otherwise he would have to take the entire phone system with him.
 
The Ox King took his hand off the receiver as soon as he knew he was out of Minako's hearing range, “Yes honey, what is it?”
 
ChiChi's voice sounded nervous so something must've happened, “Uh dad… it's about Goku. I told him about Minako.”
 
The old man was shocked, “What? But why now? What happened?”
 
His daughter was silent a few seconds as if thinking of how to put it, “Well… he said that he knew I've been hiding something from him ever since he finally returned to Earth after the fight with Frezia and everyone. I couldn't hide it anymore… all those years… he had to know sometime.”
 
Her father then asked, “How did he take it?”
 
He heard ChiChi's nervous laugh, “Well, it was a big shock to him but I'm sure he'll be fine, he just flew out to train for a couple of hours with Vegeta, you remember him right? He's the one who's always grumpy.”
 
The Ox King laughed at how his daughter always seemed to make the conversation a little less serious than it really was, “So what are we going to do now?”
 
ChiChi's sigh was heard over the phone but then she said, “Well, I was thinking… maybe we can come over for dinner tomorrow. And tell Minako who we really are.”
 
That was the biggest surprise to him, “Uh, I have no problem with you two coming over to dinner tomorrow… but have you planned all this through?”
 
The father felt his daughter's warm smile even when he couldn't se her, “Yes, I will talk to Goku and see how he is on meeting his daughter at last.”
 
Ox King sighed and said, “Alright see you two tomorrow.” Then he pressed the off button and walked back into the kitchen.
 
Minako was sitting there, leaned back in her seat and asked, “So who's coming tomorrow?”
 
Her grandpa smirked and poked her stomach which was visible as usual because of her short shirt, “You'll see tomorrow you little sneaky girl. And no more listening on my conversations.”
 
He sat down, picked up his fork and knife and just as he was about to dig in something stopped him. The grandfather look at the empty bowl of rice and the empty try of curry he made. “Where's the food Minako?”
 
She sat up, “Oh well, you were just taking so long I finished my food, then I looked at the rest…and it was calling for me, `Eat me Minako, eat me'… so I did.”
 
She smiled as if saying, sorry that I have no self control but the Ox King just shook his head, “You're really one of a kind aren't you Minako?”
 
End of Chapter 1