Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Son Daughter??? ❯ Chapter 17

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 17: School… okay?
 
Apparently Minako was in the same homeroom as Trunks and Katashi. Minako had Language Arts, History with Trunks; Math and Chemistry with Katashi. And the 3 shared a class in Gym, Dance, and Health Education.
 
Right before getting to homeroom Goten was seen talking to this girl in the hallway so Minako wanted to check out who is was.
 
“HEY THERE GOTEN!” Minako said while putting her elbow on his head and leaning on him, making her brother slump, “So who's you're little friend?”
 
Goten straightened up and got Minako off his head, “This is Kasumi.”
 
Kasumi smiled brightly and said, “Hello, and who are you?”
 
Minako smiled as well, “Oh, I'm Minako. I'm Goten's older sister. So, are you in Goten's class?”
 
“Huh, oh no. I'm a 3rd year student here, 1 year older than Goten.”
 
“Oh what a coincidence, so am I.”
 
“Really, wow? What class?”
 
“3-D”
 
“Oh my god, no way! I'm in that class!”
 
Goten felt uneasy about listening to this “girl talk”, as he put it, so just said, “Um… I'm gonna go head to class. I'll catch you later Kasumi!”
 
Minako waved too, “Bye Goten!”
 
Goten didn't even turn around he just waved with his back to his sister.
 
Kasumi smiled, “So I think we should get to class. Are you coming?”
 
Minako cheerfully said, “Of course. Wow you're really nice, Kasumi.”
 
The girl turned and headed to the classroom with Minako right behind her.
 
 
 
When the class finally settled down, the teacher got up and cleared his throat, “Okay well. Hello and welcome to a brand new year at The Kiyoshi High School. I am Mr. Toriyama and will be your homeroom teacher as well as your Language Arts teacher for the entire year. Okay well, let's begin by welcoming all the students new to this school. I believe there is one…” Minako felt uneasy but raised her hand, “Ah yes, why don't you come up and write your name on the board.”
 
Minako looked at Trunks who was sitting next to her and Katashi who sat in front of her with an uneasy look. Her two friends nodded for her to get up and that there's nothing to be afraid of. So the girl got up and made her way to the front of the room while the eyes of everyone in the room followed her every move. In her mind she was hoping she wasn't gonna do anything stupid like trip. Luckily nothing like that happened.
 
Minako picked up the chalk and wrote her last name first and then her first name. She turned around after she imprinted SON, MINAKO.
 
She bowed and said, “Hello everyone. My name is Son, Minako and I'm very excited to be in this school. And I hope we can all get along with each other.”
 
Some boy in the room called out, “Hey girl, I think you got gender confusion if you think you're a son!”
 
Minako didn't understand what he meant by that though the entire class started laughing. Minako stammered, “Uh… I-I'm sorry, I don't quite understand. S-Son is my last name…”
 
The boy continued laughing, “Yeah, we're all sure it is.”
 
Minako's face turned red from embarrassment, Trunks could tell she was being very uncomfortable… but it's not like he could do anything about it.
 
The teacher got up and said, “Now Kuro, enough is enough!” He looked over to Minako, “I apologize for my class's behavior.”
 
Minako smiled, “Oh no, no it's okay. It was just a small misunderstanding. Now that I think about it, it is sort of funny.” She giggled and closed her big brown eyes, “Should I sit down now?”
 
“Oh yes, of course.”
 
Minako sat down.
 
He looked over at her and whispered, “Are you okay? He didn't hurt your feelings did he?”
 
Minako smiled, “No of course not. I just didn't understand it was a joke, that's all. Everything's fine Trunks…”
 
Trunks looked at Minako with a concerning look on his face.
 
Katashi turned around and whispered, “C'mon Trunks let it go. Minako's a big girl and can take care of it herself.”
 
Trunks relaxed in his seat and Minako responded with her usual happy-go-lucky attitude smiles.
 
 
 
As the day went on Minako got along well with the other classmates. Everyone was really nice to her all through LA (Language Arts), Math, Physics, and History.
 
And finally Lunch came. Minako didn't realize how hungry she was until she smelled all the delicious food in the cafeteria. Trunks and Katashi kept complaining how the cafeteria food always tastes like plastic. And the milk is always sour.
 
The three of them went on the Lunch line and even though they complained the two boys stacked a lot food on their plates.
 
Minako ended up realizing that you actually had to pay for the food.
 
“Uh… I'm sorry I didn't know I have to pay. I have no money so should I just put this all back?”
 
“Don't worry about it Minako,” Katashi handed her a couple of green pieces of paper, “Here you go. That should take care of the food.”
 
Minako, confused what these papers mean, gave them to the lady at the cash register. She pushed a couple of buttons and handed Minako a green piece of paper and some different colored circles.
 
Trunks whispered in her ear, “That's money by the way. You use it to but things like food and clothes.”
 
Minako looked at them with a puzzled look on her face as the three headed for an empty table in the already crowded cafeteria.
 
As they sat down Katashi noticed how Minako was staring at the money that was still in her hand, “Hey Minako, are you okay? It seems as though you have never seen money before.”
 
Minako looked up and nodded, “But I don't understand how this may be used to substitute for what you get from the person. You can't eat this can you? I mean, it doesn't smell edible…”
 
Trunks slapped his forehead and Katashi started laughing hysterically, “Oh boy! You crack me up! You almost had me going for a second there!”
 
Minako was very confused at what was going on, she was being serious. How can paper be substituted for belongings and food…? Then all of a sudden Katashi gets knocked off his chair.
 
“Hey Katashi! I thought you said you'd wait for me today!”
 
Minako and Trunks looked at the cause, who happened to be a girl, about 5' 1” with dirty blonde hair and gray-blue eyes, was standing next to Katashi, who was still on the floor, with her hands on her hips and a smirk on her face.
 
“You promised on the last day of school that you would meet me by the water fountain on the 2nd floor today!” She picked him up by the collar and shook him, “Where were you!? I was worried sick!”
 
Minako looked around to see if anyone was looking at what was going on, but everyone else in the lunch room was too busy with their own conversations to notice all this commotion.
 
Trunks got up, “Hey Katashi, where'd the midget come from?”
 
The girl let go of poor Katashi and looked at Trunks, well actually looked up at him since she was short, “Shut up you ass! It was because of you that I didn't see my Katashi!!”
 
Trunks smiled, “Oh, Katashi you mean this is your girlfriend?”
 
Katashi got up and rubbed his aching head, “If this was my girlfriend I'd shoot myself from insanity by now. No this is—“
 
The girl shoved Katashi away and smiled proudly, “I am Sumi, and I'm not nor ever will be his girlfriend. I'm his twin sister.
 
Trunks and Minako's jaws dropped, “WHAT!? BUT YOU GUYS LOOK NOTHING ALIKE!”
 
Trunks continued, “I mean the hair kinda looks the same, but I mean LOOK he's like what 5'9” and you're like 5'1”!”
 
The girl named Sumi grabbed onto Trunks's collar and brought him down to eye level with her, “Say that one more time and the next thing you'll notice is that you're lying in a hospital bed!”
 
Minako went around the table to the other side of where the three were standing, or in Katashi's case lying on the floor. Minako smiled at Sumi, “Hi Sumi, I'm Minako. I'm sure that Trunks didn't mean that, and I'm sure Katashi didn't mean to forget, but I'm sure there's another way to solve this.”
 
Sumi looked at Minako happy-go-lucky smile and let go of Trunks, “So... Minako, was it? I see that you've been here the entire time with my brother.” Minako didn't realize where this was going so she just nodded her head, Sumi went over to Minako and put her hands on each of Minako's shoulders, “DID MY IDIOT BROTHER DO ANYTHING TO YOU!?”
 
Minako got a surprised look on her face and that when Katashi screamed out, “Do you even know what you're talking about!?”
 
Sumi turned her head to face Katashi who was slowly getting up, “Yes, as a matter of fact I do know. You're a stupid molester and I'm embarrassed to call you my brother… let alone my twin.”
 
Minako giggled at how Sumi said that with a straight face, “No, everything's okay. Katashi seems like a very nice boy.”
 
Sumi went over to her brother and asked, “Okay, what you put in her food?”
 
Minako smiled and looked at Trunks while the twins were arguing with each other. He had a very annoyed look on his face and then all of a sudden his looked behind him. Minako wondered what happened so she looked the direction as well. And what do you know; Goten was walking into the lunch room with a few of his friends. Then her brother saw them and told the other guys he'd see them later. The boy walked over with one of his friends.
 
Minako waved, “Hey Goten, how've you been?”
 
He shrugged, “Meh, different class, different classmates, but the teachers and work is the same, if not harder. So how were your morning classes?”
 
“They were good; everyone is so nice around here.”
 
Goten smiled, “That's good, oh and I forgot to introduce my friend, Hachiro here. Hachiro this is Minako and Trunks. Trunks and Minako, this is Hachiro.”
 
Hachiro was about 5'4” with spiky dark brown hair and green eyes and a whole mess of freckles on his face.
 
Minako smiled and Trunks said, “Great, another person to annoy me today.”
 
Hachiro frowned, “What's that supposed to mean.”
 
Trunks pointed his thumb at the two twins who were still bickering.
 
Hachiro raised an eyebrow, “Uh… do I even want to know?”
 
Goten shook his head, “I don't think so… but I'm gonna ask anyway. What's up with those two?”
 
Trunks rolled his eyes and sat back in his chair, “Those two are Sumi and Katashi. Both are 16 and both are twins. They've been fighting ever since they saw each other in the lunch room.”
 
Goten looked at them, “They're twins? But they look nothing alike…”
 
Minako nodded, “We said the same thing.”
 
Hachiro rolled his eyes, “Whatever, I don't have time for this. Goten I'm starving, you wanna get something to eat or not?”
 
The two of them walked away and after that the other two stopped fighting. I think it was because Sumi was getting hungry. That's probably why she suddenly took off running towards the lunch line.
 
Trunks sighed, “Finally, I can eat my lunch in peace!”
 
Minako sat down back in her seat across the table from Trunks and Katashi who was also sitting down to eat.
 
Then After 10 minutes of talking about random stuff Katashi got up and left to go to the bathroom. Not surprising since he drank the 5 cans of sodas he bought.
 
As soon as he left Trunks looked at Minako and asked, “So what do you think of school?”
 
“Its fun, I mean the stuff you learn here is kinda weird but… I guess it's cool. How are things going on at home?
 
Trunks replied, “Well, my dad finally came back home and—“
 
“Oh that's great!” Minako realized she had interrupted, “Oh, I'm sorry. Continue please…”
 
“That's okay. Well, I guess everything's fine. I mean a week ago when he came back my mom started yelling at him about how he can't just take off like that. Bra was happy our father is home… and I guess, this entire rest of the week was good too.”
 
Minako grinned, “I'm so happy that everything is going well.”
 
Goten and Hachiro were coming back with Sumi behind them. Then all of a sudden the loud speaker came on and the entire lunch room fell silent.
 
“Would Mr. Trunks Briefs report to the principal's office immediately? I repeat, would Mr. Trunks Briefs report to the principal's office immediately? Thank you.”
 
Everyone in the lunchroom looked over at Trunks who was looking at Minako with the I-have-no-idea-what's-going-on look. He got up and walked trough the lunchroom doors and headed for the office.
 
END OF CHAPTER 17