Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Son Daughter??? ❯ Chapter 23

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 23: I'm standing on the rooftop ready to fall. I think I'm at the edge now but I could be wrong - Rise Against
 
“Ow Minako!! Why'd you hit me!!??”
 
Minako froze up as Kasumi fell to her knees pretending to be in serious pain. Fake tears steamed down the horrible girl's face, and with that the two girls that just came in rushed to her side.
 
“Oh no! Kasumi, are you alright??”
 
Kasumi shook her head, “NO! My arm feels like it's broken! Why'd you go and have to punch me Minako!? What did I do??”
 
One of the girls put Kasumi's “good” arm around their neck and picked her up. As the two left, the other girl turned to Minako before leaving.
 
“The principal's gonna hear about this, Minako!”

Minako fell to her knees as the door shut. Why did Kasumi lie to the girls about getting hit? Why did she spread a rumor about her? Minako looked at the stalls hoping for someone to have heard the entire thing… but there was no one. She was all alone. Everyone hated her, including her own brother. The girl got up and ran out the door with tears streaming down her face, not knowing why this had happened. Minako stopped at an opened window and looked out. With ease the girl opened it wider and as soon as it was wide enough, she hopped out and flew away.
 
Minako was hoping this was all just a horrible dream, but she knew that this was all real. Kasumi, Katashi, Sumi, Trunks, and even Goten despised her now. At least she could go home to her two beloved parents to seek some comfort.
 
In no time Minako landed in front of her home. Before walking inside she saw the window in the living room opened and heard her father and mother talking about something.
 
“Are you sure we can take care of her Goku? I mean she never listens to us and does whatever she wants.”
 
“Let's just give her one last chance, ChiChi. If she doesn't behave herself we can always give her away to someone else.”
 
“Let's just hope it doesn't come to that, she's still so young.”
 
Minako heard enough, her parents were going to give her away!? And at that moment the phone rang, it was sure to be the school. Before her mom even picked up the phone Minako flew up and over the house to her room. The window is always opened so she just flew inside. She looked in her dresser for a change of clothes, got out a blue shirt and jeans shorts. After changing and throwing her school clothes on her bed, Minako took off out her window and into the forest.
 
Goku sensed Minako's power level as soon as she raised it and ran upstairs. He looked on the bed and saw her uniform, then noticed the open drawer with her clothes all messy as if they had been just been rummaged through.
 
Goku looked out the window and noticed that Minako's power level was already far from the house, and then it disappeared. Not even Goku could sense a saiyen's power level if they don't want to be found. Something happened… but he didn't know what. He'd ask Goten when he got back home, in meantime he'd try and find her.
 
The father ran out of his daughter's room and headed down the stairs. His wife came out of the living room hole a little purple baby dragon in her arms.
 
“What's wrong, sweetheart?”
 
“Minako came home, and left just now. I don't know why, I'm gonna look where she is in the forest. I'll be back when I found her, okay?”
 
As soon as ChiChi nodded Goku was out the door and flew into the woods. She sat down on the couch and thought if Minako and Goten would like their new pet dragon. She knew Gohan always wanted one, that's why he always played with the big blue dragon in the forest when he was still little. But that problem was that the little dragon, who was a girl, was so rebellious and never listened to what Goku and ChiChi told her. Hopefully that would change.
 
 
 
Finally school was over and Trunks met Goten outside the school doors.
 
“Hi Trunks, um listen… have you seen my sister around? I gotta tell her something.”
 
Trunks looked down at the ground, “No…there was a HUGE misunderstanding so, and I haven't seen her ever since the beginning of lunch. Where do you think she is?”

Goten asked, “What kind of misunderstanding?”

“I can't explain now but, I just really need to talk to your sister and apologize.”
 
“Yeah, me too. I was acting like an asshole to her at Lunch, but don't worry she's probably at home. Wanna come with me to see her?”
 
“Yeah sure, I'll come.”
 
 
 
The two got to the house and saw Goku sitting on the couch with her chin in his hands while leaning on his elbows. ChiChi was sitting in the chair next to the couch with a little purple dragon in her arms, with a worried look on her face.
 
“Hey mom, dad. What's going on, why are you guys so— HEY!! Is that dragon ours!?”

ChiChi nodded, “Yes, it's for both you and Minako. Is she with you two?”
 
Trunks shook his head along with Goten, “No, we though she'd come back here. It's just there was a huge misunderstanding in school and… well she kind of took off.”
 
Goku looked at trunks, “A misunderstanding? What kind of misunderstanding?”
 
Goten said, “Yeah I asked him the same thing! He won't tell me.”
 
Trunks sighed and said, “Alright, turns out this rumor is going around the school about Minako. And nobody would even talk to her, turns out this girl name Kasumi was the one who started this whole thing and—“
 
“WHAT!!?? I don't believe you Trunks! Stop talking such bull about Kasumi!!! Why would she ever spread a rumor about Minako!? You saw how good they got along!! So stop saying such things about someone without having the friggen' facts straight!”
 
Trunks looked at Goten with an angry face, “I did already! Turns out Kasumi hates Minako for some strange reason and she decided to spread this stupid rumor about her all around the school!!!”
 
Goten glared at Trunks trying his hardest not to believe him, but why would Trunks even lie about this, “So… that was all a lie?”

“You mean you heard the rumor!!?? WHAT WAS IT??!! Tell me!!!”
 
Goku and ChiChi's attention went to Goten as he explained, “Well… she told a couple of people how supposedly Minako was going around telling rumors about her and how Minako really hurt her feelings. A few people even said that Kasumi was crying. And since she's so nice, sweet, smart, and popular around the school everyone believed her. Including me, that why during lunch I…”
 
“You what?” Goku wanted to know more.
 
“I… I kinda told Minako to hang out with her own friends and how I don't want to talk to her. Then when she tried to talk to me… I wouldn't listen…”
 
Goku and ChiChi looked disappointingly at their son and that when Trunks yelled out, “YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE!!! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND NO MATTER WHAT, FAMILY STICKS TOGETHER THROUGH THICK OR THIN!? Do you know how many depressed kids there are ONLY because they are being ignored and shunned away by their families!? Huh DO YA!???”
 
Goten looked down and then quickly looked at Trunks, “But then how come she didn't come to you?”
 
Trunks then realized that what he did was worse, so he hesitated, “She did… it's just. Kasumi pissed me off right before Minako came and when Minako came up to me, I thought she was Kasumi.”
 
“What!!?? That's bull shit, man!!! You saying you don't have eyes or somethin?”
 
“I do have eyes. I just had my back to Minako at the time, so I thought I was talking to Kasumi again. I said some pretty bad things… worse than you.” There was a pause and then Trunks continued, “I gotta find her!”
 
Goku got up, “Trunks!” Trunks stopped right there and looked at the man, “Where are you even going? Do you have even the slightest clue where she could be?”

Trunks looked down and shook his head. Goku continued, “Well then, why don't I come with you and help you find her?”
 
Trunks nodded and the two flew off. ChiChi and Goten looked at each other with sorrowful eyes.
 
“I always knew that she should have never been exposed to our world. Minako should have just stayed at Ox King's house… coming here just made it harder for her.”
 
Goten put his hand on his mother's back trying to comfort her, “You shouldn't be the one to apologize. I was the one who turned her away in her time of need.” The boy sighed, “I'll be in my room doing homework… at least I'm better at doing that then helping my sister…”
 
“Goten…” ChiChi didn't know what to say to comfort him, so he just walked sadly up the stairs.
 
The mother walked over to the window, with the little purple dragon still in her hands, hoping to see some sign that her daughter is alright. But there was nothing… Minako was somewhere in that forest, while her husband and Trunks looked for her. Is the life of a saiyen really that hard? Trying to have a normal life while hiding their own super human powers is hard, but ChiChi never noticed that it was this hard. She sat down on the couch after not seeing any change and closed her eyes.
 
Please Goku, Trunks… please find Minako.
 
And with that, she fell asleep
 
END OF CHAPTER 23