Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Son Daughter??? ❯ Chapter 37

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 37: All because of you, I haven't slept in so long. When I do I dream of drowning in the ocean; longing for the shore where I can lay my head down. I'll follow your voice; all you have to do is shout it out! - Rise Against
 
Minako woke up, it was already midnight and everyone in the house had gone to sleep. Her eyes adjusted to the darkness of the room and realized that her head had been throbbing, ugh… what happened?
 
She realized that she had been wearing her pajamas but didn't remember putting them on, or how she got into her bed. Then the girl realized that someone was sitting next to her bed on a chair with the top of his or her body lying on a part of Minako's bed.
 
The person yawned and turned towards the girl whispering, “Oh hey, I see you're awake”
 
“Yeah, what are you doing here, Trunks?” Minako whispered back to her friend
 
“Just worried since you didn't wake up”
 
“What happened?”
 
“You were fighting my dad and then you got knocked out”
 
“Oh yeah… so that's why my head hurts so much…”
 
Trunks smiled sleepily happy that Minako didn't remember anything, “You did really well against my dad though”
 
“What are you talking about? I got knocked out”
 
You don't remember, but we all had to team up and stop you from beating up my dad. You were intense” he chuckled
 
“Seriously?” Minako's brown eyes widened as she tried to remembered, “Dammit... I don't remember”
 
He laughed again, “It's okay, ignorance is bliss after all. At least now you know that you can hold your own against him”
 
Minako pouted and hugged her knees that were under the blanket, “If only I knew how I beat him…”
 
“It was awesome, I'll tell you that much”
 
Minako looked back at Trunks, “Wouldn't you mom be worried if you didn't come home”
 
Trunks winced at the memory of his screaming mother after she saw the damage done on the house. Minako would have to cease her visiting for a couple of days while Vegeta, as usual after every argument, flew off somewhere and his mom and Bra spent the next few days at Grandpa and Grandma Briefs' house.
 
“Nah she'll be fine. She gave me my uniform to change for school today.”
 
“Oh okay that's cool” from the corner of her eye she saw Goten sitting on the floor with his arms crossed over his chest and his back leaning against the way. The 14 year-old's mouth was hanging open and a quiet snore escaped his lips, “Um…”
 
Trunks sighed and shook his head, “Didn't want to leave me alone with you”
 
“Why?”
 
“His usual perverse thoughts” Trunks rolled his eyes and stretched a little crack was heard in his back, “Ah that's better…”
 
“What's perverse?”
 
“It's like perverted”
 
“What's perverted… you always call Goten a pervert…”
 
“I am not a pervert!” the now awake little brother whispered to the two, “I'm just keeping an eye on Trunks”
 
“But why?”
 
“Well you see Minako when a man falls in love with a woman he wants—“
 
“SHUT IT GOTEN!!” Trunks threw a textbook at Goten's head and watched the boy's bottom lip tremble pretending to be hurt
 
Goten ran over to Minako and hugged her, “Siiiiis… your boyfriend hurt me!”
 
“Huh??” Minako stared at Goten wide-eyed, everything happened so fast she didn't keep up
 
Trunks pounced on Goten and put him in a head lock giving him a noogie, “Let's go wash your perverted brain out with soap!”
 
My perverted brain?? You're the one after my sister!!”
 
“I said shut it, Goten!!”
 
The door suddenly swung open and Chichi was seen in her nightgown with an angry look on her face, “Would. You. Two. Be. QUIET?”
 
Trunks, Goten, and Minako stared at the angry woman wide-eyed as she walked back into her bed, too tired from all the stress to even notice that Minako had woken up.
 
Trunks let go of Goten who flopped down on the floor and then got back up and dusted himself off, “Um… yeah…”
 
“ChiChi scares me more than my mom does…” Trunks whispered quietly
 
Minako laughed covering her mouth. A laugh escaped her so she drowned it out with her pillow. The girl rolled on the bed laughing hysterically with her brother and friend staring at her with a `wtf-is-wrong-with-her' look.
 
She calmed down and wiped a tear from her eye, “Sorry, it's just you guys are fine against aliens and monsters, but you're afraid of ChiChi”
 
“She's scary, man!” Trunks persisted making Minako laugh again. He joined in laughing as did Gohan and finally they all calmed down and fell asleep… at least Minako and Goten did.
 
Trunks leaned back in the wooden chair and watched Minako as she slept, it's good that she's okay…dad always goes too far, hopefully this won't happen ever again. The boy lifted the sleeve of his jacket and looked at the bruise Minako gave him, one tough girl…
 
Trunks's thoughts were interrupted by Goten's snoring, Can't believe he said those things…I am SO not like that when it comes to Minako. I mean sure she's pretty and strong and determined… and nice and such an airhead…ugh there we go again. Trunks hit himself on the head, Go to sleep man…you sound like a weirdo.
 
Finally Trunks was about to sleep a couple of more hours before it was time to get up for a new school day
 
END OF CHAPTER 37