Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Call of Destiny ❯ Chapter: 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
The Call Of Destiny
 
“ Speech “
` Thoughts `
(( Inward voice ))
- Telepathy -
 
A/N: Enjoy!
 
Chapter: Three
 
-xXx-
 
Both women continued to stare the other down. Each knew an attack from the other was imminent, and both the scientist and the guard readied themselves for battle.
 
' Why fear? If I die I die ... Either way, I'll take her with me to stand before Patamowos. For if I can't have Kakarotto then neither can she ...'
 
In a millisecond Evil-Lyn cast her fears aside, and threw a punch towards Seih's head with the force to easily destroy a mountain.
 
' And so it finally begins ... ' Seih thought, as she prepared herself for the incoming attack.
 
With the same amazing speed as her opponent Seih brought her right forearm up to stay the attack. The resulting shock wave was massive; shaking the ground as if a small earthquake were happening. Not wanting to leave even the slightest opening, both women quickly retreated ten paces from each other. Then with blinding speed launched themselves back towards the other.
 
-xXx-
 
A few miles above the battle taking place, Kakarotto hid behind a few clouds, as he eagerly watched the battle between two of his students. The king of Vimoche-Prime kept his presence masked from the two women, as not to be noticed. He knew his presence would distract the two from there momentous event, and that was something he would not let happen.
 
(( I'm surprised it took this long for them to have a battle. I was beginning to wonder if you had lost some of your manipulation skills, )) Son Goku said with a snicker.
 
' Quiet, oh hypocrite, and let me concentrate on their battle! '
 
(( Hypocrite Kakarotto? I'm not the one letting two women kill each other because I can't makeup my mind on who I want to be my wife. ))
 
' Spare me your self-righteous ramblings. Need I remind you of the times you put the earth in danger for a good fight? Or leaving the fate of the earth in the hands of two children instead of destroying Majin Buu when you had the chance? The planet was subsequently destroyed because of that act. So please, spare me any of your talk. '
 
Kakarotto's scathing words were at first met with silence from his alter ego. But the earths former champion soon responded to the accusations.
 
(( True ... but you know you would've done the same, and even worse if you had been put in the same situations. My previous poor choices, do not give you a pass in what you're about to cause now. Those two women love you and this is how you repay their love. ))
 
Son Goku's retort surprisingly caused a twinge of guilt in Kakarotto's heart, which shocked both personas.
 
' It is the way of the Saiya-jin. If you don't like my actions then find some other person's mind to inhabit. Or better yet, why don't I spare you the trouble and eradicate you all together. '
 
(( Do it if you dare, but just remember that it will hurt you a lot more then you think ... Remember the madness Kakarotto, remember the madness ... ))
 
' I do not fear the madness like you ... '
 
(( You should, for it will destroy us both if it ever gets loose. ))
 
Hating anytime he had to admit his other persona had a valid point, Kakarotto quickly sought to end the conversation.
 
' We shall see ... Anyway, enough with this chatter. Our future wife is about to be revealed. '
 
-xXx-
 
For the next half hour, fists and feet were flying with malicious intent. Each woman was more then determined to end the other's existence, yet each was surprised at how powerful the other was.
 
“I must say witch you've greatly surprised me by your skill,” Seih said, as she ducked a punch meant for her head.
 
Evil-Lyn merely smiled to Seih's compliment, but didn't give a verbal response for fear of losing concentration.
 
“But do not think you are a match for me because you've managed to avoid death so far,” Seih spoke, as she and Evil-Lyn were now engaged in a test of strength.
 
Evil-Lyn let out a strained grunt to Seih's words, as she almost couldn't believe how physically strong her opponent was. Slowly, Evil-Lyn found herself being pushed back, despite her best efforts. Knowing that her current predicament wouldn't end well unless she changed it, Evil-Lyn racked her brain for a solution.
 
Quickly releasing her hands from Seih's, Evil-Lyn drove her right shoulder into Seih's stomach. Picking her foe up, Evil-Lyn tried to drive her to the ground in a move resembling a spine buster. But just as both women were about to hit the ground. Seih quickly wrapped her arm's around Evil-Lyn's neck in guillotine choke.
 
With a loud, booming crash, both women hit the ground.
 
' This isn't good, not good at all,' Evil-Lyn thought worriedly, as she found herself unable to loosen her opponent's grip.
 
Seih wrapped her legs around Evil-Lyn's waist to apply more pressure. Seih's grip was unlike anything Evil-Lyn had felt in her life, except for Kakarotto's during her training.
 
' Wait, that's it! ' the former witch excitedly thought, as an idea to free herself sprang into her mind.
 
Using her own great strength Evil-Lyn slowly made her way to her feet. Then like a rocket, she flew straight up into the sky with Seih still locked onto her neck,
 
(( You taught her well. Seih will either have to release the grip or suffer the full brunt of what Evelyn has planned, )) Son Goku stated to his counterpart, as both women were heading close to their location.
 
' In some areas of her training, she was a quicker study then Adam, so her resourcefulness shouldn't be a surprise, ' Kakarotto stated, as he was moments away from fleeing to a different location.
 
“I warn you now, let go or suffer,” Evil-Lyn said hoarsely, as she unsuccessfully tried to free herself from Seih's hold.
 
“Do your worst witch,” Seih cockily responded.
 
“And so I shall ...”
 
Both women suddenly became incased in a purple aura. Moments later, both started to free fall at a terrifying rate towards the ground.
 
“Do you think this will scare me witch?!”
 
“Scare is not what I'm trying to accomplish.”
 
Their descent towards the ground, looked as if a meteor were falling from the sky. Considering she couldn't break Seih's hold. Evil-Lyn was hoping the fear of taking a tremendous amount of damage would force Seih to do what she couldn't. But as they drew nearer and nearer to the ground, Evil-Lyn saw her plan might not produce the results she wanted.
 
“I can take anything you throw at me witch!” the scientist arrogantly stated. “You should of never come to our world you filthy whore, and this day will be your last on my beautiful world ...--”
 
- Seih can you hear me? All is ready, we can act at any time, - Fitelh telepathically spoke to her cousin.
 
' Finally ... ' Seih thought, as a huge grin appeared on her face, as she was overjoyed by the news.
 
“I have more important matters to attend to witch, but perhaps, at a more convenient time we can continue this little 'chat' of ours.”
 
Without being given a chance to reply, Evil-Lyn watched, as in one swift move, Seih broke the choke hold and disappeared in a flash. The former witch kept her senses alert, just incase Seih was planning a surprise attack. She quickly began scanning the area hoping to find the faintest trace of her rival's ki, but soon was ultimately surprised to find it back at the palace.
 
(( Why do you suppose Seih fled from the battle? ))
 
' That is a very good question ... It's not like her to run from anything, '
 
(( True, Seih if anything is fearless. But, she has been acting a bit strange ever since we returned. ))
 
' She has, and I think we both know why that is.'
 
(( You're right. How long do you think she will continue to keep her secret from you? ))
 
' I let her keep it for a year, but I believe she will soon have to tell me. Things are about to get a lot more interesting. It should be a lot of fun to see how things play out.' Kakarotto thought with a gleeful smirk, right before teleporting himself back to the royal palace.
 
A few minutes later Evil-Lyn gently landed on the ground, but didn't lower her guard, for fear that Seih was trying to trick her. But as more and more minutes passed by with no movement of Seih's ki from the palace. Evil-Lyn lowered her guard and began to wonder what had happened that her hated enemy would just leave so suddenly when it seemed she had the upper hand in their battle.
 
-xXx-
 
“I-I am sorry my lady ... I see now, I should of listened to you ...” Mara said sadly, as Evil-Lyn finished telling her how the meeting between herself and Seih had gone.
 
Three hours had passed since her battle with Seih. Evil-Lyn had purposely walked back slowly to the palace, hoping the time alone would settle down her anger. But as she sat on the edge of her king sized bed, still wearing her once beautiful tunic; which was now torn and tattered. Evil-Lyn wondered if it had done any good, as the urge to find Seih and continue their battle was beginning to consume her thoughts.
 
“It isn't your fault Mara, you were only trying to help, and I thank you for your effort,” Evil-Lyn warmly stated, as her friend bowed a couple of feet before her.
 
“No my lady ... I-I talked you into meeting and you two nearly killed each other. If it weren't for my persistent rambling then none of this would of happened. I ... I deserve to be castaway mistress ... I have proven to be unworthy to be your servant ...” Mara stated woefully, as tears began to fall.
 
Evil-Lyn gazed upon Mara with a perplexed look. Her glum attitude didn't make any sense and for the life of her Evil-Lyn couldn't figure out why Mara was taking the fact she fought Seih so emotionally.
 
“Mara ... why are you acting like this? I've already told you it wasn't your fault, so please ... do not act like you're the reason the fight happened,” Evil-Lyn again said warmly, though acting so loving and understanding was something she still felt uncomfortable doing.
 
Mara continued to cry despite the reassurance.
 
“An incident was bound to happen sooner or later. As I said yesterday, there is no resolving our problems. Two women who love the same man can/will not get along. Frankly it's a miracle our first physical encounter took this long to come about. So please, no more tears my friend. For nothing which happened today was your fault.”
 
Placing both her hands in a comforting manner on Mara's shoulders. Evil-Lyn repeated her reassurance though she still couldn't fathom why her maid was acting in the downcast manner she was.
 
“You don't understand my lady ...” Mara said as she tried to settle her emotions down. “ Since Seih has been betrothed to the emperor her status now is of if she were already the queen. If she wanted she could demand your head for what happened between you two, and he would be hard-pressed to refuse her ...” Mara stated sadly, as the tears started to fall once again.
 
Now Evil-Lyn understood what was going on. Any ruler showing favoritism when it came to keeping the laws of the kingdom might undermine his rule. Kakarotto would have to punish her if Seih brought forth any accusations.
 
' No wonder she suddenly fled the battle. She probably figured why take the chance on a battle, when the law of the land could do the work for her. What a clever little girl Seih is...'
 
Evil-Lyn let out a disbelieving chuckle, amazed that she had been apparently tricked so easily. But the small laughter soon stopped, as the fear of an impending judgment gripped her heart.
 
-xXx-
 
At the same time one Eternian was pondering her possible fate. Another was thinking over the mistakes made in his brief life.
 
Nearly a mile and a half away from the Eternian royal palace, Adam's despair was growing more and more as he gazed upon his former home. He desperately wanted to see his parents and friends again. He wanted to let them know he was still alive, so they would no longer have to worry about his well being. But the young warrior wondered if he was ready to take such a step of courage and accountability.
 
' I can handle the questions about where I've been. I may even be able to talk about Dare ... But, they will most certainly ask me about Teela ... What possibly can I say to them then?... '
 
Adam knew the only thing he could say was the truth. But the truth can pierce like a double edged sword when ones soul is being tortured by guilt.
 
' My God please help me ... I have done much wrong ... I will freely admit I deserve such torture of the soul. I have ruined my life and others. I do deserve to be punished for all my wrongs, but .... but please have mercy on me Lord Patamowos. Please restore the happiness I once enjoyed with my family and friends. Give me the strength to do what I must to accomplish this... '
 
Adam's prayer though uttered sadly was sincere. He hoped the living God would help him to do what he alone knew he lacked the strength or more so the courage for.
 
-xXx-
 
A few minutes later Inside Teela's room Adam stared sadly at what he perceived to be an hallucination. There in the bed before him was what appeared to be a sleeping Teela. Ripping his eyes away from the scene, the young heir fought back tears.
 
' Blast it! Now I'm hallucinating?! '
 
Adam's misery began to grow as the sound of lite snoring filled his ears. Over the past year the pain and guilt he felt over his loves death had caused him many sleepless nights filled with nightmares. But until now, none of those dreams ever spilled over once unto the real world.
 
Out of utter frustration, Adam slammed his right fist against the windowsill, completely destroying the structure. Immediately upon hearing the noise, what he still thought to be a hallucination jumped out of the bed and into a fighting stance.
 
“W-Who are you and what do you want here?!” the startled yet stern faced vision of Teela asked the cloaked being in her room.
 
Adam whipped his head around the moment he heard the voice. If he didn't know any better he would of sworn it was indeed Teela that was yelling at him.
 
' But that's impossible, my love is dead.'
 
“I asked who you are?! Tell me before I call the royal guard!”
 
Underneath the same long, body concealing black cloak he whore during Dare's birth. Adam let out an amused chuckle to the statement.
 
“Well, at least you sound like the real thing, to bad your not though ...”
 
“What in the name of the elders are you talking about?! Say who you are or prepare to defend yourself!”
 
' Why did I just feel a spike of energy coming from this delusion? Could it be really her? ... I-it can't be ... It can't ...' Adam thought, as his heart began to race.
 
After his earlier prayer to the Lord Patamowos, Adam had almost instantly picked up a faint energy signature which felt eerily like Teela's. The sudden appearance of the ki was what spurred the young heir to brave teleporting himself into the palace. Once inside he easily evaded the guards on patrol and quickly found the source of the energy. Upon seeing the sleeping image of his love, he immediately assumed he was hallucinating and that his senses were failing him because of the grief he bore. But now as he gazed upon the angry image of his love he was beginning to have hope; something he deemed to be dead. Hope that his prayer had been answered.
 
“Defend yourself,” Adam suddenly spoke as he threw a brick sized piece of debris from the broken windowsill at what he hoped and prayed to be Teela.
 
Adam's heart began to race even faster as the piece of rubble neared its target. Liked he hoped, Teela easily dodged the piece of debris and was quickly upon him about to launch a counter attack.
 
-xXx-
 
A/N: Here's a question for all who read. Do you think it is really Teela or just an hallucination by the grief stricken prince? :) Well, like always please let me know what you thought of the chapter and of how the story is going so far. Remember, your comments long or short may help to shape the story in some way. :)