Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Call of Destiny ❯ Chapter: 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
The Call Of Destiny
 
“ Speech “
` Thoughts `
(( Inward voice ))
- Telepathy -
 
A/N: Enjoy!
 
Chapter: Six
 
-xXx-
 
As he watched his son giggling and smiling wildly. Adam for a moment forgot about the conversation he just had with his parents. Leaning down he gently stoked his son's orange hair. In response, Dare reached up with both hands and grabbed his father's right hand, giggling ever so happily as he did.
 
“He has missed you ...” the Sorceress softly spoke from the other side of Dares crib.
 
“And I him ...” Adam said with a proud smile. “It appears you both have been doing well since I was gone.”
 
“We haven't seen you for a few days, not weeks or months Adam,” Teelana said with a small smile.
 
“Sorry ... It's just that I ... I ... get overly concerned for you both ...” he responded with a small blush.
 
The Sorceresses smile in turn grew a bit larger, causing Adam's blush to grow as well.
 
“You have been a good father Adam ... More so then you realize.”
 
Adam still found it amazing how much she had softened to him. If he didn't know better, he would swear she was actually glad to have him around. But, within a few seconds the Sorceresses smile faded and was soon replaced with her usual stoic look.
 
' Well that didn't take long to disappear... ' Adam chuckled to himself.
 
“I sensed something a few days ago ... Something I thought I would never feel again,” the Sorceress said with a hint of sadness. “I thought that my sorrow had driven me to the verge of hallucinations. I was afraid to project myself to the palace out of fear of what I may find, or may not find ... But, the presence I sensed did not go away like I hoped, and I was then forced to realize that it was no trick caused by sorrow, but instead the one thing I long dreamed of happening.”
 
Adam knew instantly what Teelana was referring to, and scolded himself for how he could forget to mention such euphoric news.
 
“Forgive me for not mentioning it earlier. I should of told you this when I first arrived ...”
 
Adam paused for a few seconds, trying to collect himself.
 
”Teela has somehow come back to life,” he said with a huge smile.
 
Within her heart, a sense of joy unparalleled sprung up, then swept throughout her entire being. But, as sudden as her joy came it was gone, and was soon replaced by fear and a near overpowering feeling of dread.
 
“You're certain it is her?” the Sorceress asked flatly.
 
“Yes ... undeniably ...” he said giving the Sorceress a puzzled look, at the less then enthusiastic response to the news of her daughters resurrection.
 
Teelana closed her eyes before letting out a huge sigh.
 
“What's wrong? ... I thought you above anyone would be happy beyond words to hear of her return ...” Adam asked with genuine concern.
 
“I am ... “ she said opening her eyes and fixing her gaze upon Dare. “But, we are now presented with a serious problem Adam ...”
 
Adam was about to ask what this problem was, but quickly realized the answer upon hearing Dare giggling in his crib.
 
“I love my daughter ... and I'm thankful for having a second chance to be the mother I should of been ... For a year I've been hoping and praying each day that Teela would be somehow returned to me. But, now that my wish has been apparently granted, I realize now how bittersweet it all is.”
 
Adam released a sigh of his own, not quite knowing how else to respond.
 
“She hated me before for how I ran away from my parental responsibilities. I can only imagine what she would say to me know once she finds out about her brother,” Teelana said now with obvious fear in her voice. ”Explaining Dare would be a very strange and painful discussion. I ... I honestly do not know if I could go through with such a thing at this time.”
 
“You may not have to worry so much about Teela's hatred for you. She appears to have developed a case of amnesia,” Adam paused for a few seconds, after fully expecting and receiving a confusion filled look from the Sorceress. “From the small conversations myself and her have had she remembers nothing which took place after she found me loathing under a tree, that day a year ago.”
 
“How can that be?” Teelana asked skeptically.
 
“I ... I don't know ...” he said softly. “But, apparently that is the case.”
 
If what Adam said was the truth, then the Sorceress knew that there was at least a ray of hope that revealing the existence of Dare might not result in the tragic consequences she feared.
 
“Also ...” he said recapturing her attention. “I've already told my parents about Dare, though they don't know you're the mother ...”
 
“And their reaction to the news of having a grandson?”
 
“Confused, angry, but more shocked then anything.”
 
“I see ...”
 
“Though they were too shocked to stress the issue. I know they will eventually demand to see their grandson, and also his mother ...”
 
“Could you blame them if they did? Any parent who's child disappeared for a year without a word and now suddenly shows up one day with a child of his own, would and should demand to meet the mother and child.”
 
“So will you come when they ask to meet you?”
 
The Sorceress paused for a few seconds, before eventually nodding her head yes.
 
“Despite the bitterness I have shown to you at times, you still treated me with respect and kindness. You never ran away from your duties as a father despite the fears you carried. For these reasons, I will help you if / when your parents ask to meet me.”
 
Adam was in a bit of shock. He didn't expect the Sorceress would be open to the idea of meeting his parents. In fact, he had already come up with an excuse to tell his parents about why Dare's mother couldn't come to meet them, along with the child. Now though it seemed he wouldn't have to use that lie.
 
“But, before any meeting between myself and your parents take place. I believe it would be wise to seek and gain another's trust and council. Someone who's word your parents, and anyone else for that matter, would trust without question.”
 
Almost simultaneously one name entered both their minds, of a person who fit the requirements to a tee.
 
“Man-At-Arm's ...” they said in unison.
 
-xXx-
 
Palath aggressively rubbed her skin, trying to remove two weeks worth of dirt and grime. While on their way to her village; about five miles worth of walking. Palath and Evil-Lyn had come across a small lake. The young elf had conveyed the need to wash herself and Evil-Lyn readily agreed, as she was trying her best during the journey not to comment about the teens smell.
 
“I shall not be much longer lady Evelyn,” she said while trying to rub some of the dirt out of her tank top and loincloth.
 
“It's okay, no need to rush,” Evil-Lyn said warmly, as she sat cross-legged underneath a nearby tree.
 
Palath looked over at her companion and once again marveled about how much Evil-Lyn resembled her mother. Naturally, a wave of sadness swept over her as she thought about her deceased parent. She missed her mother greatly. Never did a day go by in which she didn't wish that somehow Mala could be returned from the dead.
 
' I wish there was a way to bring her back ...' she thought with a bit of sadness. ' But at least I get to see her face in lady Evelyn's. If nothing else, I can take a little joy in that, until she has to return to her people.'
 
At the thought of Evil-Lyn returning to her home. Palath again wondered who this stranger truly was. She remembered the many lessons from the elder of her village and grandmother Mori. Mori had taught her that no normal person possessed the physical power to best an Uctu. Yet, Evil-Lyn had clearly done so. Palath wondered if perhaps her grandmother could of been wrong.
 
' Wait ... Grandmother is never wrong. Her wisdom is unquestionable. Yet, I saw with my own eyes what lady Evelyn did to the Uctu. I thought at first I had merely dreamt it, but her admittance to having such strength revealed it was no dream. '
 
Evil-Lyn remained silent as she curiously observed her surroundings. So far her new home was really no different then Eternia. But, she was sure she would find many differences once she got the chance to explore the planet more.
 
In a split second the former witch whipped her head around to face Palath, as she could feel the elf's gaze. Palath quickly turned her head, pretending to be interested in something in the water. Reading her companions thoughts, Evil-Lyn let out a small chuckle at the reason for Palath's actions.
 
' Can't say I blame her. I should have been more careful in using my powers.'
 
“What do you say we find something to eat. It's still a longways to your people and I'm sure you must be famished,” Evil-Lyn said with a small smile.
 
At the mention of food, Palath's stomach let out a loud grumble. Evil-Lyn laughed loudly in response to Palath's body answering the question for her. The elf in response blushed slightly at the noise, but nodded to Evil-Lyn in agreement.
 
-xXx-
 
A half hour later in the village of Brightwood, Palath and Evil-Lyn sat in the small restaurant Ashkar, awaiting their ordered meal.
 
“Good thing you remembered this village was only a couple of miles away from the lake,” Evil-Lyn said to Palath, as they sat at a small two person wooden table, on the second level of the two-story edifice.
 
Evil-Lyn quickly glanced around trying to take in as much of her surroundings as she could. So far nothing stuck out in her mind as unusual from any other kind of eatery she had seen on Eternia. Except, this one was populated with male and female elves who were either purple, gray, or ash black in color.
 
“Yes ... My people come to this village at times to barter goods.”
 
“Speaking of that, what will we use to pay our hosts, since we have nothing to trade?”
 
“I've already spoken to the owner, and I promised that the next time myself or someone else from my village comes here they will pay the debt. He agreed, given my people and him are in good standings.”
 
“You're quite thoughtful ... That's a rare thing for someone so young,” Evil-Lyn said with a small smile.
 
Palath scowled at the comment, causing Evil-Lyn to give a lite laugh.
 
“Why do you who are older always believe that we young ones lack wisdom?” she said with a bit of an attitude. “I may be young of age, but I assure you I am no child.”
 
Evil-Lyn began to laugh even harder at Palath's semi-tirade. The teen in return looked as if she were about to explode with anger. Palath hated to be underestimated or demeaned in any way. But thankfully, before anything else was said, their meal arrived.
 
As the food was placed on the table, Evil-Lyn examined it closely. Four bronze plates were placed on the table along with two twenty ounce bronze cups, and a large bronze pitcher containing a sweet smelling juice, made out of berries. Two of the four plates were placed in the center of the table, and consisted of a small assortment of berries, grapes, apples and other assorted fruits. But, what was really catching Evil-Lyn's attention, were the plates placed if front of her and Palath.
 
“Is the food not to your liking lady Evelyn?” Palath asked with a curious look after seeing the way Evil-Lyn seemed to hesitate in eating.
 
“No ... the food looks fine,” she said giving Palath a fake smile.
 
Evil-Lyn had no idea what type of meat was before her. It looked like beef, and appeared to be cooked; as it was brown in color. But the pungent smell it produced made her stomach churn.
 
“Do your people not eat Pitar meat?”
Evil-Lyn was going to continue lying about her disgust for the food, but found she was unable to do so, given she felt as if she were moments away from vomiting.
 
“No, and I thank the Great Spirit they don't, given this things unsettling smell.”she said in disgust.
 
“Unsettling? It smells perfectly fine to me,” Palath said with a bit of confusion at how anyone could not like such a delicacy.
 
Evil-Lyn gave Palath a look of disbelief. How anyone could find a smell so nauseating fine was beyond her.
 
“Perhaps it is an acquired taste ... And I think I will acquire a taste for it at a later time. Far, far later ...” she said pushing the small plate towards Palath.
 
Palath began to chuckle, but stopped short of breaking out into full fledged laughter.
 
“I know little of you Espel, but indeed what my elder said is true about your people and their reluctance to eat anything prepared by anyone not of their kind.”
 
The Espel, as Palath called them, are a race of pale to golden skinned elves who resided on the isle of Heah. Usually proud and a bit snobbish, they confidently consider themselves, with some justice, as the most civilized culture on all of Neshshiva. Though that smug self-assurance attitude can be hard to bear for those of other races.
 
' She must think I am a Espel because of my skin color. Come to think of it, that must explain the look from the owner and from everyone once I stepped in this place. It was like they were in a state of disbelief. '
 
Though her skin wasn't actually golden in appearance it was nowhere near as pale as it use to be; mainly do to her stoppage of the dark arts and the Vimochian sun giving her a nice lite tan. But, it was tanned enough that anyone looking at her would automatically assume she was from the isle of Heah.
 
“If I may ask Lady Evelyn, this master who has taught you, what is he like?”
 
Evil-Lyn was completely caught off guard by the question, but put on a placid look so as to not show her surprise to the sudden change of topics.
 
“I've only been with him for a short time, but he's kind and treats me quite well ...” she said with a small smile.
 
“I figured he must treat you well, considering how you mentioned his name in your sleep. Kakarotto, is how I believe you pronounced it.”
 
Evil-Lyn remained silent, though the look of shock on her face said everything for her.
 
“I mean he must be someone extraordinary for you to dream about him. My elder told me that if a woman utters a males name in her sleep without anger, then most likely she has higher feelings for him and desires to be his life-mate.”
 
The current topic was beginning to unnerve Evil-Lyn, given the pain she still felt about her banishment.
 
“This is not a good discussion to have right now ... I suggest we drop it and move onto talking about something else ...” Evil-Lyn said coldly.
 
Palath did as Evil-Lyn stated, fearing she might of offended the former witch in someway. A few seconds later the teen offered up an apology for any pain she might of caused Evil-Lyn by discussing Kakarotto.
 
“That's okay, I should have been more careful about who I dream about,” Evil-Lyn said with a chuckle.
 
Palath also laughed, happy that Evil-Lyn had accepted her apology. For the next few minutes, the two found themselves engaged in a lite hearted conversation involving the relationship between the village they were in and Palath's people.
 
-xXx-
 
As the two women walked into the inn, a hush fell upon everyone. All eyes fixed upon the pair; the twin warriors of the evil queen Morila. Both girls appeared to be about seventeen or eighteen years old. Being identical twins, they both sported long, straight, purple hair which went down to each ones waist. Like Palath, they were dressed in scanty attire, showing off their thin yet fit bodies. But unlike Palath's clothing, Zahalo, the archer and Lilome, the swordswoman were dressed in identical armor plated loincloths, metal plated tops and shoulder guards. Each wore black, thigh hi boots to match the rest of their outfits. The only differences each had in their clothing were the large longbow Zahalo carried in her right hand and the Chinese style broadsword Lilome had in hers.
 
“You know them child? ...” Evil-Lyn asked, as she saw a look of anger from Palath apparently directed at the purple skinned pair.
 
Without answering, the young elf picked up the small knife like eating utensil and jumped down, and immediately started attacking the pair.
 
“I guess that answers my question,” Evil-Lyn said with a chuckle.
 
Both Lilome and Zahalo stared at Palath with eyes ablaze with anger, as they narrowly avoided being cut with the knife do to Palath's relentless attack.
 
“We have no issue with you Palath why do you attack us?!” Lilome screamed, as she used her sword to parry Palath's strike with the knife.
 
“You dare ask such a question after helping to murder my mother?!” Palath screamed, as she managed to land a front kick to Lilome's gut.
 
Rearing back the knife the young elf prepared to drive it into her opponents skull, until Zahalo saved her sister by tackling Palath to the ground.
 
Evil-Lyn watched the proceedings silently, unlike the rest of the occupants of the restaurant who were either trying to get away from the battle or surprisingly cheering Palath on. Evil-Lyn quickly realized that whomever the twins were, they obviously weren't the most liked pair.
 
“MY EYE!!”
 
Evil-Lyn turned her attention to Zahalo as she cried out. But was met with a gruesome sight, as the knife Palath once held was now sticking out of the archers right eye.
 
Lilome tried to make her way over to her sister, but was speared by Palath. The force of the impact caused both to crash right through the wooden door, destroying the entrance completely.
 
Evil-Lyn searched through the memories she had taken from Palath earlier looking for the reason for the apparent hatred towards the twin pair. A few minutes later, she came across a memory which seemed to make clear the reason for the fight which was taking place.
 
-xXx-
 
- Flashback -
 
“I give you this chance to surrender sister ... Do not make me destroy you ...” A bloodied Mala stated to her equally hurt and kneeling sister Morila.
 
Though beaten the dark witch refused to admit defeat, as she defiantly stared up at her sister.
 
“Stand down Morila, I do not wish to harm you any further ...” Mala stated, as she held the tip of her sword just a couple of inches away from her sisters throat.
 
“Strike me down if you have the nerve sister ...” Morila said with a smirk.
 
The battered warrior queen shook slightly with anger at her sisters remark. Indeed, for the evil Morila had caused she did deserve to me slain on the spot. But, striking down ones own blood can prove to be near impossible; and Mala was finding this out first hand.
 
“I shall not kill you,” she said slowly lowering her sword, but yet still keeping a cautious eye on her sister. “You shall be taken back to face punishment, whether that be banishment, imprisonment, or death ...”
 
“You won't let them kill me Mala. You would never let anyone harm me, just like when we were children.”
 
At the remark, Mala dropped her sword and punched Morila on her left cheek with her right fist. Though stunned. The witch didn't fall back or cry out, but stared at her sister with an icy glare.
 
“That's because despite everything you have done, I still consider you my sister and hold love for you!” Mala screamed into her sisters face. “Why can't you go back to being the sister I've always known you as and not this abomination you have become!”
 
“That Morila is no more ... I am now the servant of the Demon Queen. Through destruction and death shall I appease her and in return she shall grant me the power to rule this world,” she said with an evil smirk.
 
Mala looked upon her sister with horror. This was not the Morila that she knew. Her mother had warned her that confronting her sister might bring about more pain then what she was prepared for. The queen now marveled, about how true Mori's words were.
 
Mala looked upon herself and then at her sister. The damage they had done to each other was for lack of a better word savage. Her gray skin and Morila's purple skin, were cut and bleeding in numerous places. Both their battle armors were now completely tattered, matching their bodies.
 
A light breeze suddenly kicked up, gently blowing each sisters waist length white hair. Mala thanked the Great Spirit for the refreshing breeze, though she could barely stand and felt as if she were about to pass out at any moment. She looked over to the four young women standing nearly thirty yards away. All of them had sad and or looks of shock. In their brief lives, none of them had seen anything quite like the battle their mothers had just engaged in.
 
' Wait, where is Zahalo?'
 
As soon as she finished the thought, Mala caught site of a small glimmer of light heading directly towards her. Given the damage to her body she was unable to react quick enough to avoid the magical ice arrow. Mala let out a loud scream, as a horrible pain went through her right knee.
 
“MOTHER!” Palath and Siobhan simultaneously screamed.
 
Mala dropped to her knees with a look of shock. The arrow had incased her knee in ice and was already starting to spread the ice throughout her entire leg.
 
Morila, being ever the opportunist took the opportunity to reach for Mala's sword. Grabbing it by the hilt, she used the handle to quickly drab her sister in the stomach hoping to stun her. Then with one smooth motion she brought the sword over her head and down, hoping to split Mala's skull. Mala though caught the sword with both hands, stopping it just a couple of inches away from her head.
 
“How long do you think you can hold out sister, you always were the weak one out of us,” Morila said arrogantly, in an attempt to distract her sister.
 
Knowing what Morila was trying to do, Mala said nothing, deciding instead to use her remaining energy into fighting back her sisters strike. In fact both sisters were using every ounce of strength left within them to fight off the other.
 
“MOTHER LOOK OUT!” Palath screamed as she ran towards Zahalo.
 
Palath's attempt to stop the shot was too late, as another arrow left from her cousins bow. Upon hearing her daughters warning, Mala knew what was heading towards her, but also knew she was doomed.
 
“I ... I ... still love you sister ... despite the wrong you are about to do ...” Mala said right before the arrow pierced through her left bicep.
 
The arrow causing her to release her grip and subsequently brought about an end to the struggle between the two women.
 
- EndFlashback-
 
-xXx-
 
Though the entire reason for the battle between the sisters weren't in Palath's memories Evil-Lyn found enough information to understand Palath's reason for attacking her two cousins.
 
' If my mother died in my hands I would seek vengeance also. '
 
Evil-Lyn turned her attention to Zahalo, who was now sitting on the floor trying to collect herself enough in an attempt to try and pull the knife out. Evil-Lyn noted how no one seemed willing to help her with the task, even though she was obviously in a lot of pain.
 
' I figure those two twins must of committed some horrible acts in order to be shunned like this, ' she thought with a bit of sadness.
 
An idea suddenly popped into the former witches mind. Jumping down from where she was sitting, Evil-Lyn landed directly in front of the shocked archer, causing the teen to quickly scramble to her feet.
 
“W-who are you?” Zahalo asked nervously, given all she could see was a blurry visage suddenly appear before her.
 
“I wish to help you child if you will let me ...” Evil-Lyn said warmly.
 
“Why would you want to help me? No one helps the followers of the Demon Queen ...” Zahalo said weakly, as the pain intensified as she spoke.
 
“You have a knife sticking out of your eye and you're concerned about my intentions in wanting to help you? Child, please stop being so distrustful and allow me to heal you.”
 
Evil-Lyn's words were soft and sounded sincere, which was an obvious surprise to the teen. But, what surprised her even more was that she actually believed Evil-Lyn. Perhaps it was the extreme pain she was in preventing her from thinking straight or perhaps just share desperation. But regardless of the reason, Zahalo was willing to take the chance, though reluctantly.
 
“I warn you, any treachery and you will pay dearly,” the teen threatened, trying her best to sound intimidating.
 
“Of course ...” Evil-Lyn said with a smirk.
 
Using her thumb and forefinger, Evil-Lyn began to slowly pull the knife out. Zahalo let out small whimpers as the blade left her eye socket. A few seconds later Evil-Lyn had completely removed the knife, and was now in the process of healing the wound.
 
“Why do you help me? ...” Zahalo again asked, but this time in a gentler tone.
 
“Again, you are preoccupied with what shouldn't concern you. Do you not appreciate my act of kindness young warrior, would you prefer I put the knife back in?”
 
Evil-Lyn let out a smirk as Zahalo remained silent. A minute later she finished the healing process and removed her right hand from over Zahalo's eye.
 
“Should be just like when the Great Spirit formed you in your mothers womb,” Evil-Lyn said smiling.
 
Zahalo though stared at Evil-Lyn in shock. Like Palath had been in the cave, the young warrior stared at Evil-Lyn spellbound, not sure if her eyes were playing tricks on her. She never again thought she would see her aunts face, but here it was before her, in Evil-Lyn's hooded visage.
 
“Q-queen Mala? ...” Zahalo stated in disbelief.
 
“No, I'm not her. Look at my features more carefully and you will see.”
 
Zahalo did indeed that and upon closer inspection of Evil-Lyn saw that the person before her was not her deceased aunt.
 
“You are from the isle of Heah, are you not? I thought you Espel wanted nothing to do with us so called lesser people.”
 
“I will answer your questions at a later time. For now I suggest we check on how badly Palath and your sister have beaten each other.”
 
Evil-Lyn didn't wait for a response, instead she just started heading towards the entrance. Zahalo was still amazed at not only how much Evil-Lyn resembled Mala but also the fact that she was shown compassion by a complete stranger. Reaching up to touch her right eye, Zahalo checked it just to make sure it was really there.
 
' Why did she help me? ... No one helps us, unless they want something in return. ' she thought to herself.
 
A loud explosion followed soon after by a woman's scream brought the warrior out of her thoughts and caused her to immediately pick up her bow and run outside to see what had happened.
 
-xXx-
 
Evil-Lyn had to admit to herself, that the last twenty four hours certainly weren't boring. In fact one could say the time spent was down right strange. Upon first arriving on Neshshiva she was sure her time would be spent fighting off depression or whatever emotional turmoil would come about because of her insecurities and fears of the situation. Never, in her wildest dreams would she of imagined the meeting with Palath and now with her two cousins. Though two strange meetings, she was happy to be swept up into their lives. Not that she was happy to see someone else's pain. But instead happy that her mind was being preoccupied with something else besides her exile.
 
Though at the moment, things were going from strange to extremely bizarre.
 
“Put down your staff and fight me like a true warrior ...” Palath feebly stated, as she struggled to get to her feet.
 
Evil-Lyn could feel the dark magic radiating from Palath's attacker. The former witch was in a complete shock at who she saw, or more so who the person reminded her of.
 
' She ... She's dressed exactly like ... like how I use to on Eternia ... But that's impossible...' she said to herself disbelievingly.
 
-xXx-
 
A/N: Strange indeed ... :) Don't worry though, things will get even stranger. :) Well, hope you enjoyed the chapter. Till next time. :)