Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Call of Destiny ❯ Chapter: 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
The Call Of Destiny
 
“ Speech “
` Thoughts `
(( Inward voice ))
- Telepathy -
 
A/N: Hello all! Some personal issues have kept me from concentrating on writing lately. But, I am determined to keep writing this story. :), Enjoy!
 
Chapter: Nine
 
-xXx-
 
Mori glared at Evil-Lyn in complete shock.
 
“For your master to mutilate you like this ...” she said disbelievingly.
 
Evil-Lyn previously feared Mori's reaction to seeing her true appearance, but now she inwardly kicked herself for not doing it sooner.
 
“I see now why you chose to always where your cloak. I feel ashamed for doubting your intentions ...” Mori said solemnly.
 
A slave on Neshshivau was normally treated like dirt. But some slave owners chose to humiliate their bond servant even more, by cutting off a majority of their ears. To a neshshivian ones ears were a sense of pride and added to ones attraction. Having them cut caused the person to feel great shame, and normally made them more docile, do to the perceived indignity.
 
“What kind of monster would do this?” she now said with anger, at what she perceived to be a cruel and unmerciful act.
 
“Yes ... Monster would be a good way to describe him,” Evil-Lyn said with a smirk. “But, he is not so bad though ...”
 
“How can you say that after what has been done to you?”
 
“Because I love him ...” Evil-Lyn said softly.
 
“But why? ... How can you love someone who has wronged you in such a manner?” the elder asked genuinely confused.
 
Evil-Lyn closed her eyes before letting out a huge sigh.
 
“It's a long and to be perfectly honest, a quite painful story... But I do love my master. He is not the one who caused me pain ... Instead he saved me from it ...” she said softly.
 
“So you serve him out of gratitude for saving you from slavery to another?”
 
“In a sense ... but that was not the only reason...”
 
“If I may ask, what was this other reason?” Mori asked suspiciously.
 
“Power ...” Evil-Lyn said without hesitation.
 
“Ah, I see,” the elf said sadly. “The trap which ensnares many, and costs you those you cherish; the promise of power ...”
 
Evil-Lyn caught a hint of sadness in Mori's words. She reasoned the emotion might have something to do with Morila, and that the promise of power was what drove her daughter to Koceti.
 
“Yes it can be a trap, but a lot depends on who is the trapper. For instance, my master ... He used the promise of power and the hatred I had for my previous master to make me his ...”
 
“I see ...” Mori said emotionlessly, as she went into deep thought.
 
“Do you doubt my words elder?” Evil-Lyn said smirking.
 
“No slave I've ever met, nor have I heard of one, who has the type of ability you showed when I attacked you. Your skill is far above a normal warriors. I find it hard to believe you would need saving let alone serve someone.”
 
“Possessing power doesn't mean there aren't beings more powerful then yourself Mori. Someone with your knowledge and experience should know this. But, as I told Palath when we first met. I have learned much from my master and my abilities are simply the result of his teachings.”
 
“Teaching's which allow you to best a group of Uctu? ...” she said skeptically. “Not even Tomuze, with his great strength, has ever accomplished such a feat. ”
 
“Given the way he boasts you would think he has,” Evil-Lyn said smirking.
 
A chuckle escaped from Mori's lips at Evil-Lyn's comment. Indeed Tomuze boasted of his great feats whenever the chance arouse. But, such a thing was to be excepted from the chief and greatest warrior/hunter of the Hemtel.
 
“Tomuze can be quite the braggart at times ...” Mori again said with a chuckle. “But lately his boasting has seemed excessive even for him. If I didn't know any better, I would say he is directing it towards someone, perhaps in an attempt to impress them.”
 
Evil-Lyn knew what Mori was implying. She hadn't been blind to Tomuzes' advances, though she wasn't interested in him in the least.
 
“Do not take this personally, but your son-in-law is not my type. Besides, he only has feelings for me because I resemble his deceased wife.”
 
“That may be Lady Evelyn, but regardless of his reasons, you have caught his eye. Tomuze is desired by many women and would make an ideal mate. He is brave, strong, wise, caring, and has been an exceptional father to his children. I hope your Espel prejudice won't blind you to see these qualities in him.”
 
“I have no prejudice against anyone Mori. My love is for my master not for Tomuze ...” Evil-Lyn said flatly. “Besides, why would you want someone whom you don't trust as Palaths' and Siobhans' mother, and the new queen of your people?...”
 
“I was weary of you because you never removed your cloak and also because you never liked to talk about your life with the Espel. And to be perfectly truthful, something about you seems odd ...
 
“Odd?” Evil-Lyn asked with a perplexed look.
 
“Yes ... You just seem odd, almost like you don't belong with us,”
 
Evil-Lyn was startled to hear the elder's statement, but her face remained emotionless, as to not betray her shock.
 
“At first I thought it was because you're an Espel, but there is just something different about you Lady Evelyn, which goes beyond your being from the isle of Heah.”
 
Now more then ever, Evil-Lyn contemplated telling Mori the whole truth, and to let the chips fall where they may.
 
“Even when I mentioned Tomuzes' attraction for you. I assumed if you were truly a slave, then you would be eager to be set free. But apparently, remaining your masters' slave means more to you then freedom and becoming a queen. That for me is almost beyond comprehension, and adds to your strangeness.”
 
“Love is a strange thing Mori ...” Evil-Lyn said softly.
 
“True, indeed it is. Perhaps I am thinking too much, and worrying about nothing ...After all, it is because of your presence that has helped Palath deal with the loss of her mother; both her and Siobhan actually. In some ways it seems they, or at least Palath, now sees you as her new mother ...”
 
Evil-Lyn felt a sudden tug at her heart at the comment. But as before, her face didn't betray her true feelings.
 
“I doubt my grandchild would have developed these type of feelings if you were indeed a threat...”
 
The sound of thunder suddenly echoed in the background, followed soon after by the sky beginning to darken. It didn't take long after before raindrops started to assault the land.
 
Mori turned to leave, figuring there was no point in continuing the conversation. The elder also needed to collect her thoughts. Despite the comment about Palaths' feelings, she still found it difficult to shake the distrust towards Evil-Lyn.
 
Evil-Lyn also needed some time to think. Mori's comment about how Palath views her, left the eternian with conflicted feelings. A part of her didn't mind that the elf had grown so attached. But, another part realized the pain it would cause them both if she let the feelings become any deeper. This was not Evil-Lyn's world, eventually she would have to leave it and Palath behind. But, more important then Palath's attachment to her. The former witch was growing tired of hiding who she was. What she needed was an answer to why the people worshiped eternian's and how such a thing could've started. Over the three months spent with the people of Hemtel, the Evil-Lyn tried to subtly garner such information, but her attempts produced very little results. What she needed now was someone who she could interrogate. Someone whom it wouldn't matter if they found out who she really was. A mischievous grin crossed her lips, as one persons name suddenly popped into her mind.
 
-xXx-
 
Everything was totally destroyed. Her home, was now just a wasteland. Palath walked along the ruins of her village, which was now only rubble. Smoke, like from a giant cinder, rose from the remnant of the village, blackening the sky above. The devastation was quite a sight to behold, leaving her with a sense of fear and shock.
 
“What is ... how did everything get like this?” she asked in a panic.
 
Palath's mind was racing for answers. She slowly walked among the charred bodies of her people, almost being overcome by the nearly overpowering stench of death.
 
“Father ... Siobhan ... Elder? ...”
 
The white haired teen gazed upon the bodies of her loved ones. Dropping to her knees, she began to cry over their burnt bodies.
 
“Oh Great Spirit, how could this happen?...” she said in-between sobs.
 
Palath couldn't fathom what could've done such devastation. She racked her brain over and over again for answers but none came. The elf hugged herself, while her body shook from the shock of it all.
 
She once again cried out to the Great Spirit for answers. Immediately, as if an answer to her question. Purple lighting began to strike the land from the clouds. With each strike the land began to break apart causing massive earthquakes throughout the entire area.
 
What she was seeing scared her to death. The whole planet felt like it was going to be ripped apart. Assuming the fetal position, the young elf prayed the strikes would end. Within a minute her request was granted, but she soon wished that it wasn't.
 
“Who ... What are you? ...“ she said like a scared child, now back on her knee's, but still too petrified to stand.
 
Palath barely believed what she saw.
 
Standing five feet from her was some sort of gigantic shadow creature. The creature stood nearly fifty feet tall, and had four sets of what she presumed to be wings; with each wing going down to its feet. Its entire body was just like a shadow, except a pair of purplish glowing eyes, which seemed to penetrate to her soul. She gazed upon it with absolute fear, all the time trying unsuccessfully to will her body to move.
 
The figure towered over her trembling form, causing the elf to nearly pass out from fear.
 
“You are mine child ...” the creature said in loud booming voice.
 
Reaching down, it scooped her from of the ground and held her in its right hand. Palath remained frozen as the creature brought the elf to chest level.
 
“W ... W ... Wh d ...”
 
Palath couldn't speak more then a few syllables because of her terror. The creatures eyes continued to glow with an eerie purplish hue. If the being before her was the cause of her villages destruction, then Palath knew that her own death was not far behind.
 
“I am your master now child...” the female voice boomed.
 
Within the creatures palm, a purplish mist, thicker than smoke, began to make its way up the elf's body. Finally overcoming the fear of the situation. Palath tried her best to struggle, but her attempts were futile. The mist was harder to move in then even quicksand. Palath stopped struggling, realizing her body would soon be engulfed completely.
 
“Now, and for all eternity ...”
 
A woman's maniacal laughter suddenly boomed throughout the planet, as Palath was completely consumed.
 
-xXx-
 
The elf snapped her eyes open, only to be met with the concerned look of Siobhan. Slowly raising herself up from off the ground. Palath quickly scanned her surroundings, and saw that she was in the same forest, where Mori had hid in while spying on her and Evil-Lyn. The teen also wondered why she was in the forest to begin with, until remembering she had fallen asleep, while waiting to see the outcome of their conversation.
 
“It was a dream ...” she said relieved.
 
“What was a dream sister?”
 
Siobhans' voice startled her, causing the teen to jump slightly.
 
“Did you forget I was here little sister?” she said with a chuckle.
 
Palath gave Siobhan a look of annoyance at being referred to as little, considering the two were born only a few minutes apart. But the look soon faded, as she remembered the image of her sisters charred body.
 
“I had the strangest dream sister ...” she said abruptly changing the subject. “It was so ... so ... horrifying ...” she said with a slight shudder.
 
“So that explains all that thrashing about. What were you dreaming about, marrying that new suitor from yesterday?” she said with a smirk.
 
Palath gave Siobhan a look which promised pain if she mentioned another word about the oaf from the day before.
 
“Not everyone receives the high quality of suitors you do sister ...”
 
“Humph, I wouldn't call them that. Many only see me as a prize ...” she said sadly.
Though her countenance only remotely resembled her deceased mother. Siobhan was nothing short of beautiful. Her purplish skin was clad in armor which greatly resembled the twin spawns of Morila. Though Siobhan's armor plated loincloth, metal plated tops and shoulder guards, and knee high boots, were decorated in a distinct green with gold trimming. Unlike her sisters, her hair was waist length, which helped to ameliorate her already appealing figure. Though unlike any other elf she had come upon, her hair was like that of a skunk, being predominately black, with patches of white scattered throughout.
 
Many males of her village, and those from others desired to have her as their mate. Yet she accepted none of them. To her they saw her as a trophy and not as a person. What she desired, like her sister, was a mate who truly loved her for who she was and not only for her beauty.
 
“Anyway, enough about them ... What was with this dream that has you so scared?”
 
Palath hesitated before answering, alerting her sister that it might not of been an ordinary nightmare.
 
“I dreamt that ...”
 
“I thought I told you to go back to the village,” a voice snapped from behind them both.
 
Both teens immediately tensed up, recognizing the voice instantly.
 
“Well?” Mori asked sternly.
 
“I was just heading back grandmother,” Palath said nervously.
 
Siobhan looked at Palath strangely. Knowing her sister like the back of her hand, she knew when the teen was lying. She remained silent, as Mori spoke again, wondering all the time, what had happened that would make her sister lie to her own family.
 
“Don't lie to me child, you know how much I despise lies,” she snapped at her grandchild. “I know you were waiting here to see the outcome of my conversation with lady Evelyn. So just come out and say that,” she said sternly, while walking up to the pair.
 
“You are right Elder, please forgive me ...” the teen said sadly. “ I ... I was just nervous, given the tension that was between you both before you sent me away ...”
 
“Don't worry your head about it any further, we have come to an understanding ...”
 
“Good, then you trust her?” Palath said happily.
 
“I wouldn't use the word trust, but I do understand her a bit better now,” she flatly, so as to not betray any of what took place.
 
Though it wasn't the answer Palath was hoping to hear. The young elf was happy that two of the most important people in her life weren't enemies.
 
“Enough about my conversation with Evelyn, what were you two discussing before I arrived?”
 
-xXx-
 
After hearing the details of the dream, Mori gazed upon both princesses with worry.
 
“What is it elder? It was simply a dream, wasn't it?”
 
“I am not sure Siobhan, but for the villages sake I hope so ...”
 
Both girls became nervous after their grandmother spoke. For the first time they looked into her eyes and were met with something they had never seen in them before; a look of fear.
 
“Hope? Are you saying that it might have been a vision of some kind?” asked Palath.
 
“The dream seems to be implying that Hemtel will be destroyed. Dreams involving such destruction should not be taken lightly,” the elder elf said sternly. “And ... it is not the first time I have heard of such a vision ...”
 
-xXx-
 
Inside her room, Morila sat on her bed watching the rain fall. It was now a few minutes till midnight, and the witch wasn't the least bit tired and stranger still, was fully dressed in her usual Demon Queen garb, except for the helmet. A crack of thunder caused her to flinch, as her heart was gripped with a paralyzing fear. Ever since she was a child, the elf had always acted this way when thunder stroke.
 
' Curse this vision!... ' she thought angrily, trying to rid her mind of it.
 
Morila closed her eyes tightly, hoping the vision would disappear. But no-matter how hard she tried, it kept replaying itself every time the thunder crackled.
 
' Why won't this leave me alone?!!' she thought as tears started to form.
 
Morila slowly rose, walking over to a small wooden cabinet, where she kept an assortment of herbs. She hoped to mix herself something to put her instantly asleep. Unfortunately for the elf through, as she was about to touch the cabinet. A hand which felt like an iron clasp, was suddenly around her neck, slowly squeezing the breath from her body. A second later she found herself outside in the rain, face to face with the image of her sister.
 
“M...M...alla ...?” she said feebly.
 
The rain mercilessly assaulted the witches skull, as her mind was entrenched in a whirlwind of confusion and fear.
 
“I shall say this once and only once ... if you do not answer me to my liking I shall drop you to your death ... do we have an understanding? ...” Evil-Lyn said coldly, while tightening her grip.
 
The pair floated 50,000 feet above the castle. More so Evil-Lyn was the one floating, while she held onto a petrified elf. An invisible shield protected the eternian from the rain. Though she let her captive become soaked, as a form of intimidation.
 
“Y-yes ...” Morila whispered out, as she tried desperately to breath.
 
“Good ...” Evil-Lyn said with a smirk.
 
Morila though realizing it wasn't her dead sister, was still scared witless. This was how the vision started, with her being held like a child by someone who looked like Mala.
 
“I wish to know why you and the people of this world worship eternian's?”
 
Evil-Lyn loosened her grip slightly, to allow her captive to answer properly. Morila was shocked to hear Evil-Lyn's question, but no-matter how strange it seemed that an Espel would ask such a question. The witch was more scared of being dropped to her death.
 
“I'm am not absolutely sure, but it is believed that it started just after the reign of the destroyer ...” she said nervously.
 
“Destroyer?...”
 
“Yes, the destroyer ... He once ruled all of Neshshivau, including you Espel.”
 
“Did he start this so called religion then?” Evil-Lyn asked flatly.
 
' Why is she asking me such strange questions? It's almost like she doesn't know her peoples history or beliefs,' Morila thought, while gazing at Evil-Lyn quizzically
 
“I asked a question witch ...” Evil-Lyn said coldly.
 
“No, but he used to speak of them to his servants. He wished to destroy them, though no one knew why ...”
 
“What happened to him?”
 
“Legend says one day, he used his great power to open a door-way between this world and the home of the eternian's. Taking his entire unholy army with him through the door-way. It was the last time anyone saw him after that day. Those at that time figured he must've been defeated by the eternian's. Once it became apparent he wasn't coming back. Celebration went throughout all of Neshshiva from gaining freedom from whom many saw as a demon.”
 
' The people must of declared eternian's gods because they presumed he must of been destroyed by them. ' Evil-Lyn thought to herself.
 
“So that is how it started ...”
 
“Not quite ...” Morila said trying to figure out the reason behind her captures question. “To see if any were suitable to join his army, he trained some of his servants in the mystic ways. Those who had been given this special treatment from the destroyer, soon began to have strange visions after he left.”
 
“Visions of what?”
 
“Visions of the eternian's ... It was during one of these visions that an elder saw the great warrior defeat the destroyer.”
 
' Wait ... If the great warrior is really He-Man, then when did Adam fight such a person? I don't remember any army coming to invade Eternia. Skeletor would've never allowed anyone else to attempt to conquer it but him. '
 
Morila saw Evil-Lyn's confused look and motioned the former witch to go back down to the castle.
 
“It was once his home, he even forced the people to carve his image on the face of the mountain to show his ownership of Neshshivau.”
 
In a blur, Morila found herself in front of the image. Though seconds later she suddenly found herself falling to her death, as Evil-Lyn released her grip from the witches throat. Her look was one of pure terror, as the vision she feared so much was coming to pass.
 
-xXx-
 
Morila wished she was dreaming. How the elf wished she would suddenly wake up and find herself back on her bed. How she wished to be able to give a huge sigh of relief, while looking at the stone ceiling of her room.
 
“HELP ME!!!” she screamed with desperation. “PLEASE DON'T LET ME DIE!!! DON'T LET ME DIE!!! DON'T LET ME DIE!!!” Morila continued to scream as she neared her death.
 
The storm muffled out her screams, a sign that her fate might be sealed. Her mother, and the sister she murdered, both warned her that giving her life to evil would eventually result in her death. Now it seemed their words were indeed prophetic.
 
“HELP M ...--”
 
“Well ... who might you be?” a voice suddenly asked.
 
Morila was visibly shaking, not knowing or caring for that matter, who was speaking to her. All she knew, was that he somehow stopped her decent, and consequentially saved her life. Her head was buried into her saviors chest, while holding onto him for dear life. Her savior was surprised to have her in his arms, but after second thought, trouble of some kind always seemed to follow him around.
 
((Animal attraction at its finest ... not even a minute on this world, and a beautiful woman falls into your arms,)) Son Goku spoke with a chuckle.
 
The king of Vimoche Prime also let out a laugh at the witty comment. Indeed, a full minute hadn't even gone by since he stepped through the dimensional portal, before he found himself in the middle of an incident.
 
Morila slowly set her feet on the ground, while trying to settle down her nerves. She was alive, when death seemed so near. Her cries for help were answered, albeit by someone she had never laid eyes on before.
 
' An Espel?... ' she thought confused.
 
The pair stood underneath a large mushroom shaped tree, located in the forest adjacent to the mountain. Whose branches and leaves would serve to protect them from the assault of the storm, which had picked up in intensity.
 
Morila looked at Kakarotto strangely. His appearance was that of an Espel, but just like what her mother felt with Evil-Lyn, the witch could sense there was something odd about the man before her.
 
“W-who are you? Why ... How did you save me?...” she said softly.
 
Now it was Kakarotto's turn to give a look of confusion. The elf's talk sounded like complete gibberish. Fortunately for them both; more so Morila. A figure appeared before them both, saving the Vimochian king, the trouble of extracting the language from the elf's mind.
 
“Kneel before my master dog!” Evil-Lyn said, knocking Morila's feet out from underneath her with her left hand.
 
“Well ... I was beginning to think you had forgotten me,” Kakarotto said with a smirk. “How have you been Evelyn?...”
 
Bowing before him on one knee, right fist over her heart, she gazed up at her master with longing, before addressing his question.
 
“Good ... I have missed you much my master ... so very much ...” she said somberly.
 
He picked up the depression in her voice, yet at the same time, there was also the hint of want. The first was to be expected, but the second told him not to be alone with her anytime soon. Unless he wanted a repeat of the first time he had trained her on Eternia.
 
“And I you ... So, what have you been up to on this world, and who is your friend here?” he said motioning towards Morila.
 
The elf, who had crumpled to the ground from Evil-Lyn's blow. Gazed upon them both with fear and confusion. The witch was shocked that even for Espel, the two before her were able to speak the holiest of languages so fluently. The language of the eternian's was originally taught to her by Mori, then once she joined with Koceti her vocabulary was further expanded; in both cases it was only used for the sake of praying to their deities. And in both cases what was actually known of the language was very little.
 
' Yet they both speak it like it's their native tongue. '
 
A chill went up Morila's spine as Kakarotto motioned towards her. Her fear increased ten fold as Evil-Lyn gave her a look of disgust.
 
“Just the exiled daughter of the elder of the village I'm staying in, but other then that she is no one important sire ...”
 
“I see, so is that why she was falling to her death, before landing in my arms?” he said with a smirk.
 
Evil-Lyn gave a smirk of her own before answering. “I was startled by something, causing me to lose my grip on her ...”
 
“And this thing which managed to surprise you?”
 
Evil-Lyn was a little nervous about telling him the whole truth. She didn't want him thinking that she had gone mad because of the exile. The idea of anyone worshipping eternian's seemed foolish, even though she knew it to be true.
 
“Is there a problem Evelyn?” he asked noticing her hesitation.
 
“No my master, it is just my story may sound strange ...”
 
“I've heard a lot of strange tales in my time, I doubt yours will be any stranger,” he said giving her a reassuring smile.
 
-xXx-
 
A few minutes later, Evil-Lyn finished telling her tale. She gazed upon her master with a bit of apprehension, hoping he would believe her. A loud laugh escaped from Kakarotto's lips, while shaking his head in disbelief. Her heart became downcast at his response, but it soon lifted, as he put a comforting hand on her left shoulder and spoke.
 
“Don't look so down Evelyn, I believe you,” he said smiling. “But the thought of an eternian religion is amusing. I must say, you certainly have found something to keep yourself occupied.”
 
Now standing, her spirits lifted at his response.
 
“Yes it has Sire ... I was in the middle of questioning this dog over here about it right before you came.”
 
“Oh yes her, I almost forgot she was there,” he said chuckling. “Why did you drop her anyway?”
 
“It was because of the face on the statue ... It reminded me of someone I've seen before ...” she said as a slight chill ran up her back, at the thought of who she thought the face on the mountain belonged to.
 
“Don't tell me it looks like Skeletor?...” he asked seeing her shake slightly.
 
Looking at him intently she responded. “If this world were only so fortunate ...”
 
“Who have you encountered that is worse then that idiot?” he asked quizzically.
 
The former witch let out a deep sigh. She still found it hard to believe whose image the face on the mountain resembled. But, the visage was unmistakable to her. It was the same one she saw when her former love Keldor first became Skeletor. And the same face, she saw when she tried to free him from his prison, with the help of Count Marzo.
 
“Hordak ...”
 
Kakarotto recognized the name instantly. He first heard the name of the warlord from Adam, during the princes training. Adam had revealed to him the history behind Castle Grayskull, and also that of He-Man. He then heard more about Hordak from Evil-Lyn, when explaining to him the events which lead up to Skeletor's creation.
 
“That would make sense. Since at one time he was an intergalactic conqueror. This world simply must have been one he invaded before his attempt at Eternia.”
 
“You talk so casually about the most dangerous threat Eternia has ever faced,” she said with a chuckle.
 
“From what little yourself and Adam have told me about him, he appears me to be a less powerful version of Freeza. To bad he is trapped in Despondos, I would've liked to see how yourself and Adam would've faired against him,” he said with a wry smile.
 
Evil-Lyn returned her masters smile with one of her own. Though inwardly, she contemplated the meaning of his words. Only Skeletor, King Hiss, and possibly the Sorceress knew how powerful Hordak truly was. She has often wondered how she would stack up against such a being in a serious life and death battle. The witch knew she had gained much power, but the extent of it, was something she wished to test.
 
-xXx-
 
Still on her position on the ground, Morila continued to watch the pairs conversation in silence. The witch still had no idea why they chose to talk in such a revered tongue. Perhaps it was just to keep their conversation secret. Or perhaps the people of Heah all spoke the language of the gods they worshipped at all times; being a way for them to show reverence towards their deities.
 
Every know and then, she would recognize a word or two, but never enough to understand what was being said. It frustrated her, that they seemed to have forgotten she was even there. Did they not know who she was? Did they not know what deity she served? Or, did they know and simply didn't care. That thought filled her with a strange sense of wonder, but also with great fear.
 
' Are the Espel really this superior? '
 
Koceti and Mori both, had told her to never be intimidated by the Espel. They are no better then herself, and that they were mortal beings just like everyone else. But, in the presence of the two who she perceived to be Espel, the witch felt small and insignificant. They both radiated something which made her blood run cold; especially she noted, the one who saved her life.
 
' It's similar to when I first met Koceti. She radiated something which instilled fear in me, but yet it drew me to her like a moth to a flame. This person makes me feel the same way ... He must be someone important on Heah. Perhaps if I ...-- '
 
For the first time since being rescued by Kakarotto, did the witch notice that his ears were not that of an elf. The first thought which crossed her mind that he was a slave. But the thought was contradicted by how Evil-Lyn addressed him.
 
' If he were a slave then why would she bow to him, let alone call him master? The free do not have slaves as masters, not even another slave would call their fellow slave lord. '
 
The witch continued to explore an explanation for kakarorro's look, until something Koceti said to her long ago resurfaced in her mind.
 
-xXx-
 
“Is my exile over?...” she asked hoping with all her heart he would answer yes.
 
Kakarotto saw the hope in her eyes, but knew his answer would quickly cause it to disappear.
 
((You should just take her back now, it's obvious she is suffering being away from you.))
 
' That may be, but the time is not yet right ... '
 
Kakarotto answered his servants question with a simple shake of his head. Evil-Lyn's demeanor became downcast, but to not look weak in front of her lord, the former witch quickly regained her composure and put up a stoic expression.
 
“As you wish my master ...” she said forcing back the urge to scream.
 
“I wanted to see how you were doing Evil-Lyn ... “ he said in a surprisingly gentle manner. “And, I did give Seih my word that the exile would not last fewer then six months. Look on the bright side, you're halfway there,” he said with a warm smile.
 
“The little girl strikes again I see ... I must make sure ...--” Evil-Lyn bit her tongue, not wanting to say anything which might extend her banishment.
 
“The next we meet, I will have a great gift for you Evelyn. One which you were suppose to receive before this whole ordeal between yourself and Seih happened.”
 
“Gift? Wha...--”
 
The former witch was cut off as the dimensional doorway suddenly opened up behind her. From the other side of the gate, Evil-Lyn could feel a strong killing intent, which sent a chill up her spine.
 
“You should tell the little girl if she has anything to say to me then feel free to do so... if she has the courage that is,”
 
I small laugh escaped from her lips, as she sensed Seih's power-level suddenly spike.
 
“Enough Evelyn, before you two have another incident. I doubt the residents of this world would appreciate a battle between you two,” he said sternly.
 
“As you wish sire. I shall eagerly await your return ...” she said bowing as before. “But, please make sure to give her my love,” she said sarcastically, in an attempt to take one last jab at her rival.
 
Kakarotto shook his head in disbelief, while a small smile crept onto his lips.
 
“ I see that quick-wit of yours is alive and well.”
 
As he walked pass her, Kakarotto unwrapped his tail from his waist, and let it gently brush her across the cheek. The sensation of his fur touching her bare skin, caused the former witch to shiver all over. But her hormone induced trembling was cut short as she caught the sight of a small metal box, laying by the base of the tree, where Kakarotto was previously standing.
 
-xXx-
 
Evil-Lyn watched the gate close, fighting back tears as she did. His visit was unexpected and at first filled the former witch with an unspeakable joy. But, being their time spent was terribly short, she wondered if it would have been better if he never came, to save her form the emotional agony she was in now.
 
' This feels just like when I first arrived on this planet. All the fear and doubt ... '
 
Evil-Lyn uttered an exasperated sigh. Getting back into that state of depression was something she desperately wanted to avoid. The former witch gazed down at the silver box in her right hand. Opening it slowly, a smile crept onto her face upon seeing the contents.
 
' He really does care about me... ' she thought, as joy once again filled her heart.
 
The box consisted of four capsules. Examining the labels on each carefully, Evil-Lyn noted they consisted of a capsule-house, spare gravity room, capsule-spaceship, her own specially designed battle suite, and three months worth of food and beverage.
 
' Finally some decent food, and a proper place to sleep ...--'
 
“Alha'zuh Ucta ...” a voice said causing her to avert her attention from off the capsules.
 
Evil-Lyn turned her attention towards Morila, who surprisingly was still kneeling on the ground, but with a look of terror as if she were still falling to her death.
 
“ Alha'zuh Ucta!” she said with the same look of terror.
 
“What are you babbling about woman?” Evil-Lyn snapped.
 
“Your master, he is the Alha'zuh Ucta, is he not?”
 
“And what is that?”
 
“The god of the Uctu ... A creature that when his anger arises he changes into a gigantic Uctu, and destroys all in his path. But when calm he appears as a man, with only his tail betraying what he trully is,” she said fearfully.
 
The look Evil-Lyn gave to Morila, was one which begged if she had lost her mind.
 
“Please forgive me for my attack on you when we first laid eyes on each other. I had no idea you were the servant of such a being,” she said apologetically, while bowing deeply to Evil-Lyn.
 
Evil-Lyn again gazed upon the elf with confusion. She had no idea why she would think Kakarotto was some sort of deity, let alone that of the Uctu.
 
“Now I know with certainty, that everything Koceti has told me about the eternian's has been true. Even the tale of herself and mother being blessed to meet one,” she said jovially.
 
“So Mori has seen an eternian with her own eyes?”
 
“Yes, when my father, along with mother and Koceti, were children they accidentally traveled to the home of the eternian's.”
 
“By what means did they do so?” she asked now with high interest.
 
“The same parchment used by the Destroyer to travel to Eternia. The parchment which left them outside a strange castle with a huge skull carved into it. Shortly after is when they met her ...” the witch said now standing.
 
“And who is her?”
 
“She referred to herself as Zoar, the guardian of the castle. Zoar had mercy on the three and opened up a doorway back to this world. Upon returning them, she warned them sternly to no-longer use the parchment which sent them to Eternia. She warned that if she hadn't found them, someone else would not of been so merciful.”
 
“I see...”
 
' So they have met the Sorceress. Just how old is that woman?... ' she thought with a snicker.
 
“The parchment was then divided into four pieces, with each peace being dipped into a special clear liquid, which would harden them like stone once dry. Each person kept a piece of the parchment, except for the fourth piece, which was given to a family in the village of Brightwood.”
 
“Am I to guess this is the reason why you two were in the village that time we met?”
 
“Yes ...”
 
“Why do you seek to go to Eternia if you were warned not to?”
 
“To ... To ... seek my goddess ...”
 
“What for?” Evil-Lyn asked flatly.
 
Morila hesitated for a moment, for fear that Evil-Lyn's master desired the same thing as her goddess.
 
“Do I have to drop you from the sky again, for an answer?” the former witch said coldly.
 
“To rule Nashshivau, with we, her followers at her side,” she blurted out, as Evil-Lyn's threat did its intended job.
 
' So even on this primitive world, beings have desires of world domination. '
 
“And why do you believe she will help you do so, let-alone allow you to rule with her?”
 
“She has bestowed much knowledge upon us, and has sworn by the Creator himself, that she will reward us accordingly if we simply seek her on Eternia.”
 
“So you have actually spoken with her?” she asked in a bit of shock.
 
“Yes ... When someone wants to become a follower, they must first go before the sacred pool, so the Demon Queen may choose to except them or not.”
 
' If they are in contact with this being, then it certainly cannot be me, ' Evil-Lyn thought to herself.
 
A crackle of thunder boomed throughout the area, as the rain continued to assault the land. Morila, grew ever nervous by Evil-Lyn's sudden silence. With each passing second the witch feared for her life. The Alha'zuh Ucta was said to be the most fearsome of the eternian deities. Who's unquenchable anger and power, allowed him to rule over his eternian brethren. His servant no doubt would be endowed with fantastic powers, and from how Evil-Lyn plucked her from her room in a blink of an eye, and from the way the witch was manhandled when the two first met in Brightwood. Morila seemed justified to think her life might be over.
 
“Tell me about this pool,” the former witch asked flatly.
 
A wave of relief swept over the Neshshiven at the question, but she quickly responded so to not evoke Evil-Lyn's anger.
 
“We simply call it the sacred pool. When my father and mother came of age, and began to have desires for one another. Koceti felt betrayed after my father chose mother as his bride. In her sorrow she left the village of Hemtel and wandered the land aimlessly. While wandering, she entered the dark lands, and came upon the Destroyers former home. It was deserted, or so she thought. While wandering around the castle, she came across a small strangely colored pool. Koceti cautiously gazed into the pool and that was when she saw the image of our goddess.”
 
“You mean the image of someone dressed like you are now?”
 
“Yes, though the person's face was completely covered in shadows. The Demon Queen knew of Koceti's pain, and offered her great power in exchange for total loyalty and the edict that she would find the sacred parchment and seek her on Eternia. From that day forward Koceti gave her life to our goddess.”
 
“So the pool is what she uses to have contact with her followers?”
 
Morila simply nodded.
 
Evil-Lyn was in deep thought after what she just heard. Given her former life of evil. It was apparent to her that something or someone was using the people of this world for something insidious.
 
' No one who refers to themselves as Demon Queen would only desire you seek them out. This being must have another reason for wanting them to come to her. '
 
“You are to tell no one about what happened this night, do you understand?” Evil-Lyn said coldly, while giving the witch such a stare her heart felt like it was going to explode from fear.
 
Morila again just nodded.
 
“I wish an audience with this goddess of yours ... Make sure it happens when you see me next,” Evil-Lyn said calmly.
 
In the blink of an eye Evil-Lyn vanished. Morila stood there stunned about the events which took place. A mixture of fear, awe, shock, wonder, and happiness, all battled for supremacy within her heart. This was the day, she realized that all she had sacrificed was not in vain. Her dream to be by her goddesses side, while the likes of her mother, Koceti, and all the world, groveled at her feet, seemed closer to coming true. Until that is, Evil-Lyn's last statement truly registered in her mind.
 
' How am I going to bring her before the sacred pool without Koceti finding out? That old hag will certainly desire to have the Alha'zuh Ucta's servant as an ally. And if that happens my plans to uproot her as leader may never come to be. '
 
-xXx-
 
It was now mid afternoon of the next day. The king of Vimoche Prime, stood in his chambers, with his back to his love and servant, as he gazed out at the afternoon sky, as if he were looking for something. His love in turn stood there nervously, dressed in a long, elegant, sleeveless white tunic, which went down to her sandaled feet. Her long hair, swayed gently in the light breeze which was coming from the open doors of the terrace her lord was standing in.
 
“Yes Seih, what is on your mind?”

“You are my king, so I mean so disrespect sire. But why do you care for that lowly filth? She is beneath you. She only cares for power, and will serve anyone who will give her the most,” she said with disgust.
 
Kakarotto let out a deep sigh at his future brides rant before answering.
 
“For the same reason that I care for you ... Despite what you and your cousin did to the girl Teela. Or more accurately, what you both tried to coverup, about what you both did,” he said in a surprisingly calm manner.
 
Seih was shocked, her heart was gripped with a deep fear, to the point where she started to feel faint.
 
“How?...” she asked in a whisper.
 
“Right before Adam's attack hit the castle wall. I thought I felt another energy signature suddenly appear. At first I thought I was mistaken. But around three months ago, I was having a meeting with the head of the medical facility Dupac. One of his underlings reported to me that over a year ago they had treated someone with a severe case of neo poisoning. When he asked his superior who the girl was, Dupac simply stated she was the child of a friend who had mistakenly overdosed. A year later, said girl was still being treated, but now a memory wipe was scheduled once she recovered. Knowing the girl had to be someone more then a friends child, and being ever the opportunist, the aide came to me with the information.”
 
Seih's heart sunk upon hearing his words. Her secret was out, one which she had hoped to never resurface in her life again.
 
“Apparently there were a lot of complications during the treatment. The girl ended up in a long coma and came close to dying many times ...”
 
The sound of crying suddenly filled his ears. He kept his back to her, while his eyes continued to scan the skies.
 
“I ... I tried to tell you ... I never meant to keep it a secret sire,” she said through tears.
 
“But you did ...” he said sounding disappointed. “Why Teela, why do that to her?”
 
Seih hesitated for a few seconds, but knew what should have been said long ago, needed to be told now. For the next few minutes the scientist told her king the full details of how Teela became addicted to the drug. Of course doing so would most likely condemn Fitelh, and also herself; since she tried to coverup what her cousin had done.
 
“The longer I went without telling you, the harder it became to do so. Eventually I came up with the idea to eliminate the need to tell of the situation all together, by seeking the help of Dupac. I knew he would be able to rid her body of the drug, without a trace of it ever being there. What I didn't expect were some of the complications which arouse because of her alien physiology.”
 
“So you took her right before Adam's blast could kill her?
 
“Yes sire, since the dimensional gate allows me to view a world before actually opening a gateway. When I saw the girl pinned to the castle gate, during the fight between Adam and that strange creature. I waited for an opportunity to take her ...”
 
Seih waited patiently for her master to respond. Though she feared what his verdict would be.
 
“My lord ...” she said timidly.
 
“Illegal voyage to a prohibited world, stealing and misuse of medicine, the plot to murder without merit, assault of an innocent ... Your cousin is in serious trouble Seih,” he stated flatly.
 
Seih gave a simple nod, knowing there was no use in trying to defer him from whatever decision was made.
 
“As for your role in all of this ... I will decide your punishment later ...”
 
The scientist again simply nodded, praying that he would show mercy more towards Fitelh then herself.
 
“Leav...--”
 
The sky suddenly began to darken, blanketing an area of two miles in darkness. Both occupants of the room picked up several strong energy signatures spring into existence. Seih was in complete shock at the level of power which was assaulting her senses. Never before had she felt such power, not even from her own master.
 
“Finally ... they've come ...” Kakarotto said with eager anticipation.
 
Come out here and face me Kakarotto!! Come and face me!! Kakarotto!! Kakarotto!! Kakarotto!!” a voice suddenly boomed, as a golden hue lit up the sky.
 
-xXx-
 
A/N: And now the fun begins. :) Well, remember to leave a comment. :)