Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Call of Destiny ❯ Chapter: 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
The Call Of Destiny
 
“ Speech “
` Thoughts `
(( Inward voice ))
- Telepathy -
 
A/N: Hey people, sorry for the long break in between chapters. The personal issues I've had have now been cleared up. Now I just have to get myself back into the groove of writing. Well, I hope you will enjoy the chapter.
 
Chapter: Ten
 
-xXx-
 
Two miles away from the Vimochian Royal Palace, in a large open field, that spanned for at least four hundred yards. The Vimochian Royal Guard, a force which consisted of fifty of the planets finest warriors, now surrounded the group of six. Those assembled were shocked to feel such power, and inwardly, many feared for their lives if any of the group chose to attack. Daz, the kings bodyguard and Seto, the head of the royal guard, gave the newcomers to their home steely eyed looks, though they to, were amazed and terrified to feel such power.
 
What also surprised them was that it appeared that three of the six were part of the Vimochian elite. This assumption was caused because the three were dressed in the orange Gi's which only the very elite were allowed to wear. So far only four in Kakarottos' reign had been granted the honor of adorning them, and bestowed with the title of Zeta warrior. But it appeared that three more elite's had surfaced, along with two others who were dressed in identical sleeveless, dark blue, skin tight full body suites with white boots. The last person was adorned in a purple outfit which none recognized as having any rank of significance. Though it was obvious he was of alien origin, with green skin with a pair of antenna coming from his forehead.
 
“Out of my way peasants!” one of the group of six said in a condescending manner.
 
Towards the insult those loyal to the Vimochian Empire readied themselves for battle. The action was out of reflex, though they all knew a battle was pointless. But as their namesake, they were the royal guard, the elite of Vimoche. It was their duty to meet such threats even if defeat was certain, given the vow of absolute loyalty each person took the day they were given their rank.
 
“Calm down Vegeta, where only here to find Goku, maybe someone here knows where we could find him?” Kuririn said sheepishly towards the enraged Saiya-jin prince.
 
“Shut up you sniveling little coward!” the prince snapped. “If you're afraid then you should've never come!”
 
“Ease of Vegeta, Kuririn is right,” Gohan suddenly spoke, interjecting himself into the conversation. “We need to find my father, not get into a fight with people we don't know, and may have nothing to do with him.”
 
The half Saiya-jin's plea fell on death ears as Vegetas' golden aura only intensified.
 
' I will show that low-class scum there is no fear in the prince of Saiya-jin's! NO FEAR AT ALL!!'
 
With a primal scream, Vegetas' power skyrocketed to a level which even surprised his Z warrior comrades. The group which consisted of Trunks, Goten, Gohan, Piccolo, and Kuririn, steadied themselves so as to not be blown away from the force their prideful comrade was exerting.
 
' How dare he lecture to me! HOW DARE HE!! '
 
Vegetas' anger seemed to be growing more and more as the seconds passed. The source of his anger was no surprise, as it was also his biggest weakness.
 
' You fought well, but yet with fear. Fear is something you never had before Vegeta ... So scared that you couldn't even face me at full power because you feared I would kill you … And to think, I actually told my new student how fearless all of you were …'
 
Kakarottos' words haunted Vegeta. Though the prince had been unconscious at the time his rival spoke them, his subconscious had somehow recorded what was said.
 
' When the rest wake up, tell them to use Shenlong to find me. But if they do, make sure to tell them the word fear better not be in their vocabulary if they value their lives. I won't be so easy on them if they fight me in the same fearful manner. '
 
“How dare he?...” Vegeta growled through clenched teeth. “How dare he speak to me as if I were some weakling?!”
 
Vegetas' golden aura blazed brighter then the sun itself. Ever since Kakarotto left him and the others defeated, the prince had trained like a man possessed to make his counterpart regret his words. In fact all of the warriors had done extreme training, taking Kakarotto's words as a personal insult. As a warrior, whether human or alien, having ones courage questioned was the most insulting, and humiliating of indignities.
 
-xXx-
 
Kakarotto let out an amused chuckle once sensing Vegetas' new found power. It seemed that his ploy to spark his pride had worked. He also reasoned that the others must have significantly increased their power levels as well.
 
“Seih ...” he said turning his attention backs towards the scientist.
 
Kakarotto was cut off, as Seihs' tunica suddenly changed into her all black sleeveless full body suit. A smirk formed on his lips, as he gazed upon her battle suite. His love was loyal to a fault, even if such loyalty would cost the scientist her life.
 
“Calm down Seih, there will be no need for you to fight. They're here for me and me alone. No one else needs to be involved,” he said in a surprisingly calm manner.
 
“But that power sire, even you can't fight that alone ...”
 
“Can't I? ...” he said with an eerie smile.
 
A chill went down the scientists back as she suddenly felt her lords' power spike, easily matching that of Vegetas'.
 
“You would be surprised at what I can and can't do Seih ...” he said calmly. “I want you and the rest to watch, and see the power of your king ...”
 
As the words left his mouth Kakarotto disappeared from her view. Without having to wonder she knew he had gone to meet the challenge of the strangers to their home. Her heart ached, as any woman in love would if she thought the man she loved might be facing death. But she quickly gathered her resolve, deciding to trust in her loves power.
 
-xXx-
 
The Vimochian warrior's were each paralyzed by fear. No being they had encountered since joining the planets military force, emitted the share raw power Vegeta was now.
 
' What type of being is this? His power is even greater then our kings ... ' Daz thought to himself.
 
The young Vimochian was never been more scared in his young life; though he kept up a stern face as to not show any fear. Kakarotto was the most fearsome mortal being he or anyone else on the planet had come upon. But yet the stranger before him was generating a force which was greater then his kings.
 
As if on queue Kakarotto appeared two feet in front of the Saiya-jin prince with a huge smile plastered on his face. Everyone was shocked by his sudden appearance. But it quickly passed, causing many in those gathered to be greatly relieved to see his smiling face.
 
“Directive zeta in effect as of this moment,” he said sternly towards Daz.
 
A simple nod of the head was the royal bodyguards' only response.
 
“Now get to a safe distance all of you.”
 
In an instant, the royal guard took to the sky and retreated to a distance of about one hundred and ten yards from their previous location. None dared to question their kings command, though they all wondered if even he was capable of facing such seemingly overwhelming power alone.
 
“Come prince, show me this power of yours,” Kakarotto said smugly, while turning his full attention back towards Vegeta.
 
At a speed which was incalculable by normal mortals, Vegeta charged Kakarotto with nothing but the Saiya-jins' death in mind.
 
' Well, at least I know he's taking this seriously, ` Kakarotto thought, as he readied his fist to meet Vegetas' own.
 
The two appendages met with such force it caused everyone to be blown off their feet. A huge football field sized crater formed because of the impact, shocking those native to the planet, once regaining their balance.
 
“Do you think we should help Vegeta, Gohan?” asked a concerned Kuririn, as he saw the two beginning to exchange blows.
 
“No … I sense nothing different from when we last met my father. I sense no killing intent at all in his attacks.”
 
“I hope you're right …--“
 
Kuririn was interrupted by the site of Vegeta crashing to the ground like a meteor. The earthling was amazed that even with the power the Saiya-jin prince possessed he still seemed incapable of besting his counter part.
 
“I believe Gohan is right Kuririn,” Piccolo suddenly said interjecting himself into the conversation. “I believe this is just a game to Goku.”
 
“A game?” the diminutive earthling asked in shock.
 
“Yes Kuririn. I think my father just wanted to see us fight him at our full potential rather then the half hearted effort we did before. I believe that is why he insulted our honor, and left the way he did.”
 
Kuririn understood what was said, and found himself agreeing with the half Saiya-jins' logic. But the main question which was going through all of their heads was why earths greatest hero was no longer the person he was before.
 
-xXx-
 
Vegeta coughed out a bit of blood as he took a right uppercut to the stomach. The prince tried his best to shake off the pain but the attempt proved futile as he took a knee to said stomach.
 
“Come now prince you were so full of power before. What has happened to all of your exuberance?” Kakarotto said with a chuckle.
 
“Big B …--“
 
Vegetas' attack was stopped as Kakarotto quickly grabbed his wrist and directed the attack towards space. Vegeta though wasn't discouraged, instead he was hoping for Kakarotto to do such a thing. With his opponent still grasping his wrist, Vegeta leapt into the air trying to deliver a kick to Kakarottos' head. Bringing up his right forearm said warrior deflected the blow and tried to deliver one of his own. Vegeta quickly moved his head to the side narrowly avoiding the punch. Moment's later knee met knee with earth shattering impact, while head met head, as they moved in a graceful yet brutal dance of move and countermove.
 
“I didn't think it possible, but your father has managed to improve his near perfect skill even more,” Piccolo said in a bit of shock.
 
If the situation were different both Gohan and Goten would have looked upon their father with pride. Such a feat for the old Goku usually caused a sense of relief, knowing the Universes greatest warrior had become even stronger. But this colder version of their father instilled a sense of fear at his achievement.
 
Vegeta brought his free arm forward and aimed a ki blast directly at Kakarottos' head. Kakarotto quickly jerked his head back, letting the stream of energy flow above him and into the sky. Taking advantage of the chance to free himself. Vegeta brought up his right knee, aiming for his opponents wrist. Said move had the desired effect, as Kakarotto released his hold before the knee could impact. Both warriors instantly did a serious of back flips to put some distance between them. But once they were ten feet away they immediately darted towards the other, starting another series of attack, counter attack.
 
“What are you doing just standing around, go and help our king dispose of this person!” Seih said suddenly appearing three feet from Daz.
 
“We would lady Seih, but his highness has enacted directive zeta,” he said simply.
 
At the mention of the directive Seih felt faint. Directive zeta was a law passed by Kakarotto in the very beginning of his rein as king. It gave strict orders not to interfere no matter what may happen if he were engaged directly in a battle. He threatened that anyone who broke this command would face a very slow and painful death, no matter who you were.
 
”I would not worry though lady Seih, his highness is actually dominating the fight so far,” Daz said softly, trying to ease the concern of his love Fitalh most cherished person.
 
Once she applied her full senses towards the raging battle. The scientist saw indeed that Daz was right in saying her love was winning the fight.
 
“It is amazing to think that his highness possessed such power to match that golden haired stranger …” Daz said in awe. “I truly believe that his highness might actually have no match in the Universe …”
 
As if a challenge to his statement, Kakarotto suddenly came crashing down to the ground like a meteor.
 
“Perhaps I spoke too soon …” he said with a chuckle, while bracing himself against the force of the impact.
 
Vegeta had finally managed to land a clean hit, the result of which left his opponent lying in a twenty foot deep crater. Strangely Kakarotto wasn't hurt in the least by the attack, instead he sported a strange smile while laying there motionless.
 
“That my friend was what I was seeking from you all along, “ the Saiya-jin warrior said happily, while giving Vegeta a double thumbs up.
 
The Saiya-jin in turn appeared directly in front of Kakarotto and tried to impale him with his right fist. Kakarotto quickly moved his head to the side, just narrowly avoiding the attack. This however did not deter Vegeta from his goal, as he unleashed a barrage of punches to his downed opponent to all areas of his body.
 
The onslaught though did not remove the smile from Kakarottos' face; an act which served to infuriate Vegeta further.
 
“Die!!”
 
Vegeta drew back his right hand which was now encased in energy causing it to resemble that of a small blade. But as he was about to impale his opponent a golden aura suddenly wrapped itself around Kakarotto. Vegeta jumped back to about fifteen feet, recognizing what was happening instantly.
 
Like a rising phoenix, Kakarotto slowly rose towards the sky. His once straight black hair was now thick fiery blonde bangs which pointed towards the heavens. To those who had never witnessed the transformation to the first stage of Super Saiya-jin before, it was indeed shocking to see their kings' appearance. Yet if they only knew how far his transformation abilities went, their shock would become utter terror.
 
“Lady Seih, did you know his highness could …--”
 
“No Daz, I did not know about this …” Seih said in a bit of shock, as she began to wonder what else her love was hiding from her.
 
Seihs' revelation was a shock to everyone within earshot. The entire kingdom knew that the great scientist Seih, was the closest person to the emperor of the Vimochian empire. It was the reason many assumed she would be made queen soon. But her words confirmed that no one save for the God Patamowos, truly knew their king.
 
“Gohan, Goten, Trunks, make yourselves ready to intervene. There is no way Vegeta can match that power alone,” Piccolo stated to the three half-breeds.
 
Though hesitantly, do to how Vegeta would react do to his pride. The three began to power up.
 
“Now Goten,” Trunks shouted to his best friend.
 
Quickly jumping back to stand a few feet parallel from his friend. The pair began an all too familiar chant.
 
“Fuuuu … Sion! Ha!” the pair said simultaneously.
 
In a matter of seconds Gotenks was born. As with the Super Saiya-jin transformation those who had never witnessed it were left speechless. Before them stood another being with gravity defying golden hair. His clothing was also odd considering it was unlike either of the two of which he was composed of. The Saiya-jin half-breed sported baggy white pants with black boots. Around his waist he wore a black sash with the excess going down to his knees. His chiseled upper body and arms sported only a sleeveless vest which came down to the middle of his chest. The vest was mainly black, with only around the sides and back of the neck and tops of the shoulders having an orange trim.
 
“Gohan, when Gotenks begins his attack on Goku use that time to get to Vegeta and do the fusion dance with him. Hopefully that fools pride won't blind him to the need to do so,” stated Piccolo.
 
“Do you think this will actually work Piccolo? That power coming off Goku is monstrous. I-I almost can't believe how much it is dwarfing Vegetas' …” Kuririn said disbelievingly.
 
“Perhaps not, but we have to try either way,” Piccolo said in his typical stern fashion. “I would rather fall from actual battle, then as a coward.”
 
A part of Kuririn wanted to protest, but his warrior pride kicked in and saw the truth in Piccolo's words.
 
The plan in essence was quite simple. If they couldn't match their one time friend in a conventional manner. Then using the power of Gotenks' and the new being named Vegehan, which was the combination of Gohan and Vegeta, would be their only option. They doubted that Kakarotto had grown so powerful that he would be able to defeat what they had planned.
 
But sometimes the victor in battle wasn't determined by power. Cunning and experience could take the place of power if you and your opponent, were closely matched. Being at least nine hundred years old, Piccolo had plenty of experience in witnessing this. That was why he came up with the idea of using the fused beings as a means to defeat Kakarotto. From their brief fight on earth he calculated how powerful Kakarotto must truly be. The amount of power he estimated frankly terrified him; which was no small feat for a being who himself was easily capable of eradicating all life in the universe.
 
-xXx-
 
“I could not think of a suitable name, so I simply called this the nameless attack,” Kakarotto said while raising his right arm towards the sky.
 
With the palm of his hand facing the clouds, a strange black orb appeared in the middle no bigger then an orange. Day seemed to turn to night as everything became illuminated in the dark energy.
 
“There is no surviving this attack Vegeta … You will die if you let this touch you. Yet if you do dodge, then the planet itself will simply become dust. No explosion, no noise, just simply a flash and nothing left but space dust,” he said with a sadistic smile.
 
What many felt coming from the black orb left them speechless. The share amount of concentrated power was staggering. Would their ruler truly do such a horrifying thing, and use such an attack that would surely vaporize the planet? That was the thought running rampant through the minds of the Vimochian's. But true fear laid in the minds of the Z Warriors, whose experience told them that not only would the planet not survive, but neither would the galaxy and beyond.
 
“Come now Vegeta, show me that the title of the prince of all Saiya-jin's is not wasted on you!”
 
Though he knew his opponent was now several times stronger then himself, Vegeta gave no thought of trying to flee. No longer would fear have dominance over his soul. No longer would he suffer from the cowardliness of earlier years, against the likes of Freeza and Cell, just because the opponent seemed impossibly strong at the time. His pride demanded that if he were to die, then his death would be standing firm as a true warrior.
 
“Bring it on!!”
 
The princes' roar was soon accompanied by a gigantic dome of energy similar in size to the one he used in his first battle against Majin-buu. Though he was unconscious at the time Kakarottos' sense's remembered the particular flow of energy. But unlike that time Vegeta had no thoughts of committing suicide.
 
“Big Bang …” he said as he extended his right hand so his glowing palm was facing Kakarotto.
 
In a surprising move, Vegeta in one smooth motion brought both his hands back by his right hip. The energy in the field suddenly collapsed and streamed towards his hands forming a basketball sized golden ball from the collected energy.
 
“Big Bang … Kamakamaha!!” Vegeta screamed while jolting his arms forward.
 
` So … his pride hasn't clouded his judgment. Combining both attacks is a work of genius. To bad it won't help though,' Kakarotto thought with a smirk.
 
An eight foot wide golden beam of energy streaked towards Kakarotto, who to his credit didn't show the slightest bit of worry. The next few seconds completely left everyone speechless. As Vegetas' beam came within two feet of hitting its mark. Kakarotto calmly extended his left hand seemingly to attempt to stop the attack in its track. But just when it was suppose to impact the beam instead seemed to absorb into Kakarotto's hand. That act alone was enough to leave everyone in shock. But what happened next made the name of the king of Vimoche Prime more feared throughout the Universe then many thought possible.
 
As if he were trying to win a limbo contest, Vegeta leaned back, with his head a mere inch from the ground. As he narrowly avoided being hit by his own blast, as it missed his head by a couple of inches.
 
` What's going on?' he thought genuinely confused.` Kakarotto is a good fifty yards away, but yet my own attack just suddenly appeared two feet from me. How could he of …-- `
 
Vegeta lost his train of thought as he found himself having to once again dodge the same beam, though this time it appeared a foot away from his head.
 
“Did you really think Vegeta that I wouldn't have developed a new technique or two by now? Or in this case I altered an existing technique of mine,” Kakarotto said with a chuckle.
 
For the next few seconds Vegeta found himself dodging for his very life.
 
`The beam is showing up out of thin air, almost like it's being teleported over to … of course, I should've guessed this from the beginning, ` Vegeta thought as he dodged the beam once again.
 
Thinking he figured out what his opponent was doing, Vegeta waited for the beam to materialize. A second later the attack appeared two feet from his chest. Extending both hands the prince braced for the impact. A massive shock wave followed as Vegeta tried to hold of the energy from overtaking him, as the initial impact had pushed him back to a few feet away from where the other Z Warriors were standing.
 
“I'm sure by now you've figured out what I've done to some degree. I simply or not so simply manipulated my instantaneous movement technique. You see teleportation is made possible by knowing how to enter a separate plain of existence. This plain or dimension as some refer to it to, exists everywhere and is not bound by time; for time does not exist in this plain. As amazing as it is to believe it is connected to everyplace in creation at the same time. So once you enter this realm and then exit, very little or no time at all has passed. I learned through many hours of frustration to not only enter myself into this plain but to be able to open a portal into it, which I can send objects, or in this case energy.”
 
Vegeta let out a low growl as Kakarotto finished speaking. How far ahead of him his rival had become troubled the prince. Though he considered themselves reviles Vegeta knew Kakarotto was always the stronger of the two. He admitted as much during the fight with the original form of Majin-buu, and had come to except that it might always be that way. But the difference now was mind-boggling even to him. It seemed like all his torturous training had been in vain, for the gap between them seemed to have widened instead of decreased.
 
` Something is wrong here, how could it of increased too such a degree over …--
Blast it all, ` he said interrupting his own thoughts.` Perhaps it is just as I thought during the fight with Freeza on Namek. That simpleton truly is the Legendary Super Saiya-jin after all! `
 
Though his anger threatened to explode, Vegeta quickly regained his composure. The exercise in self-control was soon followed by the energy from his ultimate attack slowly reseeding back into the princes' body. A moment of happiness entered his heart, but only a moment, as Vegeta realized he had used his personal trump card, and save for the fusion with Gohan, the prince was as good as defeated.
 
“Sometimes the best way to invent something new is to simply take an existing item and maximize it to the fullest. For example …”
 
Kakarottos' golden aura streaked into and across the sky, scorching it like flames. But unlike what he did on Earth the entire planet was not illuminated with his power. The sky for around two miles in diameter was blanketed in gold. What all failed to notice though was the particular circular shape Kakarottos' energy was forming. Which if noticed said shape would've made it obvious to what was to come.
 
“Be honored Kuririn ...”
 
The diminutive human was shocked to be addressed by his best friend. Why he should be honored was beyond him, until that is, he heard Kakarotto's next statement.
 
“Bazu Nokogiri Suto-mu! (Buzz saw storm)
 
` Buzz saw storm?! ' Kuririn thought genuinely confused. ' What ... Oh no it can't be … ` Kuririn thought horrified, as realization of what the attack could be dawned on him.
 
Kuririn along with the rest of the Z Warriors looked up towards the sky only to be met with a mind numbing site. What must have been thousands upon thousands of Frisbee sized Kienzan's rained down from the heavens and towards the surprised warriors.
 
“You should be honored I've taken your attack this far Kuririn. But I'm curious to see how/if you and the others can survive this …” Kakarotto said with a wry smile, as each and every Kienzan passed harmlessly around him.
 
Piccolo was beyond worried. He knew the chances of surviving such and attack were minimal at best. Not so much because of the kind of the attack, but more so who the attack was coming from. The Namek knew that if such a move was coming from the likes of Kuririn, Yamacha, or Tienshinhan then at the most a simple shield would suffice to insure survival. But, given the monstrous power coming from his former ally, Piccolo knew the disks would have far more power behind them, making them one of the more terrifying attacks a person could conceive.
 
“Vegeta, merge with Gohan now or we will all die! You know we stand no chance against this attack unless you two form Vegehan!”
 
Though his pride begged to differ, Vegeta knew he had no choice but to follow the Nameks words. As if he read the princes mind Gohan suddenly appeared ten feet from Vegeta's left. Knowing they couldn't afford to waist anymore time, the pair mimicked the same fusion dance as Trunks and Goten before them.
 
As if Daz and rest of the Vimochian onlookers weren't shocked enough by some of things to take place in the battle so far. They were again left speechless and also amazed as Vegehan was formed.
 
Already in Super Saiya-jin mode the golden haired warriors' aura exploded in a glorious blaze of golden fury. The strength of his aura was massive, with the shock-wave produced being of such strength that it knocked everyone of their feet, but more importantly it completely overpowered the incoming disks causing them to shatter and disintegrate and fly of like dust in the wind.
 
“Very good …” Kakarotto said amused. “Using share force of your aura to overpower and obliterate my attack, good thinking on your part Vegehan.”
 
“That's king of all Saiya-jin's to you peasant,” he replied arrogantly.
 
“I see this combination leans more towards Vegetas' personality considering your arrogance. I wonder if your power is as large as your ego. After all we only have thirty minutes to play before the fusion wears off.”
 
“I won't need that long to dispose of you ...”
 
With speed which surprised even Kakarotto, Vegehan appeared a foot in front of the Saiya-jin and delivered a thunderous punch to his midsection. Kakarotto immediately doubled over stunned that he felt anything at all. The self proclaimed kings of Saiya-jin's had no intention of letting up on his opponent as he suddenly appeared behind Kakarotto and delivered a vicious elbow to the small of his back. For the next few seconds Kakarotto took various blows to different parts of his body as his opponents speed seemed too much for him.
 
`Impressive speed this fusion has … `
 
((Not surprising given it's the combination of Gohan and Vegeta. But you will get us both killed if you don't start taking this battle more seriously.))
 
` Perhaps you're right … Though I wonder what they are planning to throw at me? Considering only one person is attacking while the others just seem to be watching. I would expect Gotenks at the very least to be doing something. Why use the fusion technique if you're just going to stand there like a rock? `
 
((Perhaps they think that if too many people are attacking at once they might interfere with each other. Regardless, knowing Piccolo and Vegeta, I'm sure they've thought of something that might defeat you or at the very least earn your respect.))
 
Deciding it was best to take his alter ego's advice Kakarotto extinguished his nameless attack; which he miraculously kept active during Vegehans' onslaught, and activated his golden aura. Vegehan immediately darted twenty feet away so as to not get caught up in Kakarottos' power up to Super Saiya-jin two.
 
“Bow before your king peasant and I might show you mercy,” Vegehan said smirking after sensing his opponents level was still below his own, even though by the slightest of margins. “No matter how hard you try you cannot defeat m…--“
 
The cocky Saiya-jin was silenced as a right hook connected with his jaw, sending him spiraling towards the ground.
 
“King of Saiya-jin's indeed,” Kakarotto said sarcastically. “It's amazing how a little bit of power can inflate the ego,” he said with a snicker.
 
Just when he was about to hit the ground Vegehan disappeared and reappeared ten feet from his opponent.
 
“Looks like I miscalculated your power Kakarotto. You seem to be a little stronger then what I initially sensed,” Vegehan said nonchalantly, while showing no outward sign of being hurt by the attack.
 
“Believe me my king,” Kakarotto said sarcastically. “You have no idea …”
 
Before the fused being had the chance to reply, the heel of Kakarottos' right boot connected with his jaw. Vegehan flew back another ten feet before coming to a stop. Again he seemed unfazed by the attack as he gave Kakarotto a Vegeta like smirk.
 
“Nice kick peasant but try taking this ...”
 
Vegehan extended both arms out to the sides, as eight rings of golden energy appeared, four on each arm. The like Vegeta before him, the fused warrior brought both his hands back by his right hip.
 
Kyuukyoku no Kamehameha!! (Ultimate Kamehameha)” the self-proclaimed king of Saiya-jin's screamed as a massive beam, ten feet wide shot from his hands.
 
“Fool, did you learn nothing from when Vegeta tried to do the same thing?” Kakarotto said while casually extending his right hand.
 
The attack though was only meant as a distraction.
 
“Who is the fool now peasant?” Vegehan said, as he suddenly appeared behind his opponent, while the beam continued its approach.
 
Thinking he had caught Kakarotto unprepared Vegehan tried to grab his opponent in a full-nelson. Until though he realized that he was the one that had been tricked, as his hands went right through Kakarottos' body.
 
`An after image, but when did?…-- `
 
Vegehan narrowly ducked a swooping kick meant for his head. Trying quickly to retaliate, the warrior tried to deliver a kick of his own, but was again met with nothing but air, as he fell victim to another afterimage.
 
` Blast him! If I'm not careful he wil …-- `
 
Feeling a familiar warming sensation coming from behind him, the fused warrior remembered about his own attack, which as he turned around, was mere moments from colliding with him. Vegehan instantly disappeared, seemingly satisfied to let the attack go off into space. Kakarotto though seemed to have different plans, as he reappeared in the beams path and readied to use his advanced teleportation technique to make Vegehans' life a living hell. But as the beam came to within a foot of going into the portal, it suddenly averted his hand and started to swirl around him.
 
“Torune-do Assaiki! (Tornado Crusher)
 
As stated the energy formed into the shape of a tornado with Kakarotto completely enclosed within. The veteran warrior merely shook his head in disbelief for underestimating his opponent; the consequence of which was him being caught in such an obvious trap.
 
“I have to compliment you on the trick; I honestly did not see it coming. But do you honestly believe this can keep me contained?” Kakarotto said with an amused chuckle.
 
Vegehan seemed to appear out of thin air, a good twenty yards away from his opponent, sporting a cocky Vegeta like smirk.
 
“Contained was not what I had in mind ...”
 
The fused warrior extended both arms so that the palms of his hands were facing Kakarotto. With a look which could only be described as sadistic, Vegehan closed both hands. Immediately the tornado started to shrink. The winds produced a vacuum of pressure which was thousands upon thousands of times stronger then even the strongest of earth tornados.
 
' This is a very interesting attack I must add it to my arsenal, ' Kakarotto thought to himself as he erected a shield to keep the tornado from crushing him.
 
Vegehan looked genuinely confused as Kakarotto held off his attack with nothing more then a mere shield. His opponent should've been crushed to death by now, but yet here he was perfectly fine, giving the self proclaimed king of Saiya-jin's a look which seemed to ask is this all?
 
' Why do they continue to do nothing,' Kakarotto said taking a quick glance at his fellow Z Warrior's. ' This would make an ideal time to at ...--
 
For the first time Kakarotto noticed the weird energy flow of the group. The Saiya-jin narrowed his eyes and saw strained looks on their faces. Each seemed to be under a great deal of stress, but from what, Kakarotto racked his brain for an answer. Perhaps it was the battle; fearing its outcome. That idea seemed plausible, but something told him there was something else behind their tension.
 
' Hmm … The energy seems to be flowing out of their bodies in short bursts. But why would they being doing that for no apparent reason? `
 
(( I think I understand what they might be doing, just think of the Genkai-dama.))
 
As soon as his alter ego said the name of one of his more powerful attacks Kakarotto began to understand what was going on. The Genkai-dama was an attack formed from gathering energy from the user and from outside sources. Kakarotto neither saw nor sensed a giant ball of destruction waiting to unleash its wrath on him. So he reasoned that the bursts of energy were Piccolo's and the other's way of trying to conceal their efforts.
 
` So … They've been feeding him power throughout the fight …So that explains why Vegehan hasn't decreased in power since the fight started. And also why they chose to only let one person fight unlike the last time. `
 
((It is a good plan. Vegehans' body should be capable of easily handling the extra power. Plus using him to distract you while they feed him power is also genius. With your attention off them they could easily carry it out. Piccolo must've come up with this,)) Goku said letting out a chuckle.
 
` Indeed … but now its time to put an end to this game … `
 
Kakarottos' body suddenly exploded in a blaze of golden energy. The sky lit up in a brilliant display of light as both energies sought for dominance. Though it put up a valiant struggle, the Ki tornado was eventually overpowered, and shattered like glass.
 
Vegehan was shocked to see his attack broken so easily. Kakarotto was proving to be much more powerful then he or anyone else had anticipated. The fusion limit was nearly up and nothing he had tried so far came even close to defeating his opponent.
 
“Considering you have at the most ten minutes of fusion left, how about you stop your games and just show me the transformation before the half hour comes to an end. Show me that you deserve your title oh mighty prince ... let me see if you've finally figured out what true power is Vegeta ...” Kakarotto said with a mocking chuckle.
 
Vegehan looked upon Kakarotto stone-faced, easily knowing when he was being bated into making a hasty decision.
 
“Come warrior, show me all of Vegeta's boasting over the years hasn't been for naught,” Kakarotto said suddenly appearing behind his opponent.
 
The warriors floated back to back. One had a look of supreme confidence bordering on arrogance, while the other was in shock at not seeing his rival move.
 
“We could continue on like this until your time runs out. But I assure you nothing you try at your current level of power will work. I know you've reached a new level in this form and I'm not referring to Super Saiya-jin 3. My guess is you have trouble maintaining control over the form or else you wouldn't be using their power to aid you. But what other choice do you have now oh mighty king of Saiya-jin's?”
 
A loud boisterous laugh escaped from Kakarotto's lips as he finished speaking. Vegehan knew he was in a bind. It was true that he did achieve a level of power greater then that of Super Saiya-jin 3. But his body still wasn't use to the transformation. The power often fluctuated, leaving him at less then full power during his practice runs.
 
“And why should I honor your request? Show me if you're truly worthy of my time peasant. You talk about Vegetas' boasting, well why don't you backup your taunts and show that you yourself have figured out the means to this so called true power of yours …”
 
A chuckle was heard once Vegehan finished his statement. Kakarotto was a little bit surprised that his opponent didn't take the bait. He was sure that Vegetas' pride would've demanded that he prove who is strongest. But as with life, surprises can and will happen at any time.
 
“I see … I guess Gohans' common sense has some influence on this form after all. His rational mind must've made you see that even by going to the next step of Super Saiya-jin that you still can't defeat me.”
 
“Do not get overconfident fool; it is only because my time is short that I won't display my full power. If it weren't for this blasted time limit then I could truly savor showing you how inferior you are to me,” Vegehan said arrogantly.
 
Using the same type of speed which left his opponent speechless. Kakarotto suddenly appeared in front of the cocky warrior and delivered a right hook to his exposed jaw.
 
“Really now …Very well, let me show you why all your efforts were for naught …”
 
Once again Kakarottos' golden aura surrounded him. Vegehan gazed upon his rival with a venous glare as he quickly recovered from the blow.
 
“But as punishment for your cowardliness, I will only show you a glimpse of power,” Kakarotto said cockily, as he now floated about twenty feet from his opponent.
 
((Are you insane? If you dip into that pool anymore you're going to go berserk. You know that unleashes the true savage nature of a Saiya-jin. You need much more practice in using that form away from battle before even trying to fight anyone with that kind of power.))
 
` I know what I'm doing, just shut up and enjoy the finale to this battle! '
 
Son Goku ignored the command completely and continued to voice his disapproval. The battle was about to take on a far more dangerous element to it, one which if gone unchecked could mean the end to all life everywhere.
 
Within a few seconds Kakarotto ascended to a Super Saiya-Jin 3. The form was similar to the one he used against Majin Buu, with his golden hair now down to a foot below his waist. His eyebrows disappeared as the brow ridge was now more prominent. But the most noticeable and also disturbing change was his eyes. Where teal once existed his eyes were now pupil-less blood red orbs.
 
-xXx-
 
Vegehan hoped to catch Kakarotto unawares, by tempting him to undergo the transformation to the next level of power or as it is commonly referred to as Super Saiya-Jin 4. He was hoping that Kakarotto was still unaccustomed to using the form and like himself would have varying power levels. Such an unstable form would have a very short limit on how long it could be used. Vegehan knew that he could simply become a Super Saiya-Jin 3 and use that forms power to hold off Kakarotto until the wear and tear of the form forced him to change back. He knew from experience that the after effects could leave him so weakened that Goten or Trunks would have a real chance at defeating him.
 
The key word in what Vegehan was trying to do was hope. Once Kakarotto transformed though all hope of defeating him suddenly felt like an impossible dream.
 
“As I said this is only a glimpse of power,” Kakarotto said with an eerie smile.
 
Before anyone could fully process what was happening Vegehan cried out in pain while clutching his ailing stomach. He quickly snapped his head up and glared darkly at his opponent. Once again Vegehan didn't see Kakarotto move. In fact looking at the Vimochian king one wouldn't of presumed it was him who delivered the blow to his opponents midsection as he remained ten feet away with his arms down by his sides.
 
A few seconds later, fist shaped dent marks were appearing throughout Vegehans' entire body leaving him in a state of shock. The unseen attack continued on for a few more seconds before mercifully coming to an end, as the Saiya-jin was sent spiraling towards the ground. Gotenks immediately sprung into action at seeing the combination of his father and brother flying towards him. Quickly flying up to catch Vegehan before he impacted with the ground, Gotenks appeared a few feet in his targets path and braced for the collision. But right before he was to catch Vegehan, the same type of dent marks appeared throughout his body, leaving him with the same fate of needed saving instead of the savior.
 
Both hit the ground, with the older warrior crashing on top the younger. Though battered, Gotenks quickly recovered and checked on Vegehans' condition. What he saw both angered and left him speechless. Vegehan was simply a bloody and battered mess. He didn't think such a thing could've been done given how great the fused warriors' power was.
 
' Even with us feeding him power he still ended up like this. How is this possible? ' asked a confused and frustrated young warrior.
 
Adding on to his confusion, Vegehans' body started to glow right before he separated back into his parent forms of Gohan and Vegeta. Gotenks was shocked that the pair had separated. He was formed before, but yet his fusion lasted longer. The only possible explanation he could come up with was whatever attack Kakarotto had hit Vegehan with must've caused the fusion to end. Though they had taken the same attack, Vegehans' obviously was the one to receive the greater damage.
 
Just then Piccolo and Kuririn ran up to the fallen warriors. They to were shocked to see that the fusion had ended. But what really had them worried was the condition of both Saiya-Jin's. Both Vegeta and Gohan were completely unconscious, and looked like death would soon take them if they didn't receive medical attention soon.
 
“Surely all of you weren't putting all of your faith in him to defeat me?” Kakarotto said, suddenly appearing two feet behind the group, much to their horror.
 
Gotenks though quickly overcame his fear once remembering his fallen comrades. In a fool hardy bid for revenge, he charged Kakarotto in a blind rage. But as he came within a foot, Kakarotto effortlessly backhanded him, sending him tumbling like a tumbleweed back to his original location.
 
“Doragon ...”
 
((No! Are you trying to kill them?!))
 
“Doragon Kobushi Chuuten …(Dragon Fist rising into the heavens)
 
Kakarotto started to glow golden with energy. The energy started to take the shape of a dragon. The beast/attack, was simply monstrous in size, as it occupied the majority of the battle field. In fact one could say that it was a golden version of Shenlong, in both look and size. Truly if anyone took a direct hit from the attack then their life would have been forfeit.
 
((Stop it Kakarotto if you go too far you know what will happen!))
 
Once the debris settled all of the Z Warrior's lay unconscious. The Vimochian onlookers were gripped with fear, as they gazed towards the sky at their lord who was now floating among the clouds. A sadistic smiled once again crossed his lips as he raised his palm towards the clouds. As before, the same black orb appeared in the middle of his hand. And also like before day seemed to turn into night as everything became illuminated in its dark energy.
 
((Do you want all you've worked for to become rubble? What about Daz and the people of the empire?! What about Evelyn and Seih?! What would Jenna say if she were still alive to see you like this?!))
 
“They would bow before and obey the will of their king, just like all servants! Now watch people of Vimoche, see the true power of your king!”
 
Son Goku knew the situation was indeed dire. Just like he warned, Kakarotto was slowly but surely losing his grip on his emotions.
 
Usually when the state came upon his alter ego he would try to calm him by using the fear of hurting someone he holds dear as motivation. In most cases this threat did the job, but on the rare occasion when it didn't then something more traumatic was needed to break through the insanity.
 
((What would Chi-Chi think?))
 
At the mention of his deceased wife the crazed look in Kakarottos' eyes immediately faded. The nameless attack also faded away, followed soon after by his golden aura springing back to life. A few seconds later Kakarotto reverted back to his original form, much to the relief of a certain alter ego.
 
` Looks like I overdid it just a bit … ` he said observing his handiwork from the sky.
 
Kakarotto soon descended as he saw Vegeta and the rest laying motionless among the rubble.
 
((Be thankful their not dead, that was a very close call Kakarotto…))
 
` You're right that was way too close … `
 
The admittance of wrong and on top of that actually agreeing with something he had to say for once, left Son Goku speechless.
 
“Well, there's no point in dwelling on what can't be undone…”
 
In the blink of an eye the Vimochian king moved from amidst the rubble to stand directly in front of a shocked Seih.
 
“Do you understand now Seih?”
 
The scientist gave a confused look to the question before remembering the conversation which took place between the two before the battle had started.
 
“Y-yes my lord …” she quickly stuttered out.
 
“Good …” he said giving her a warm smile.
 
Though she smiled back, in her mind Seih, like Evil-Lyn before her, was wondering what type of being she had given her undying love to. Though she hated to think such thoughts, given the battle she and everyone else had witnessed. It almost seemed like her love was a monster masquerading as a man.
 
Kakarotto could sense the fear coming from everyone. Many seemed scared to even breath in his presence, as if that natural act would cause instant death. It didn't surprise him given what they had seen during the battle.
 
“Now, unto my important matters … it's time for celebration ...” he said with a huge grin. “Seih, get the rejuvenation tanks ready. Daz, tell the servants to start preparing a feast. It is truly a joyous time, not only for myself but for the entire empire, for my friends and family have arrived...”
 
-xXx-
 
Two days after Evil-Lyns' second encounter with Morila. A group of twenty, consisting of some of their villages best warriors, stealthily moved along the forest floor, looking for any sign of their target. It had been a full day since they began the search and some were beginning to wonder if one Espel was worth so much effort.
 
“Princess, I wish not to be rude, but perhaps Lady Evelyn has simply gone back to her home,” a tall purple skinned, white haired male said to Palath.
 
“She would not just leave without at least bidding farewell ...” Palath said more to herself then to the guard.
 
Palath hated the fact that her father made her travel with escorts. The act was a severe blow to her pride, even though she knew why he had done so. Any self respecting parent would never let their child journey alone, especially when said child had previously been taken captive by the Uctu.
 
“I hate to agree with Falhar sister, but perhaps there is some truth in his words ...” stated Siobhan.
 
Falhar inwardly beamed at Siobhan's complement. Though being the son of the chief rival to Siobhan's father, he had become quite smitten with the girl. He secretly hoped that she would one day consider him worthy of becoming her life-mate. This was the main reason he agreed to come along on Palath's search party. He hoped an opportunity to impress his love would arise, and in so prove his worthiness. Well, that and that the twenty year old had also developed what could only be described as a small crush on Evil-Lyn; though the elf would have been hard pressed to admit it.
 
Palath on the other hand hated to think Evil-Lyn would just leave without at least saying goodbye to her. The thought pained her. It was unlike the woman she had gotten to know over the few months they were together. That was why she was searching for her now, with the belief or more so a selfish hope, that the former witch was somehow in some sort of danger and needed rescuing.
 
-xXx-
 
Evil-Lyn felt the presence of the group drawing closer to her as the seconds passed. But like a leaf in a pond, the former witch floated without a care in the large pool inside the capsule house, or more so she tried to. The encounter with Morila replayed in her mind, causing the former witch to wonder what would happen once she came face to face with the suppose Eternian deity.
 
' She or it will die ... ' she thought matter-of-fact. ' Eternian god ... what a bunch of foolishness. This being shall pay for assuming my likeness and taking advantage of these people ... '
 
The Eternians' fury was growing as she thought about what kind of deeds were done in the hope of appeasing the would be god. Like any person who had gone through a rebirth of sorts, the former witch was trying her best to leave her previous life of evil behind. She wasn't perfect in this regard, like any imperfect being; as evident with her relationship with Seih. But her heart was set on living a life which didn't lead to death and decay. One which disaster wasn't sure to come, nor one which raised the anger of her God.
 
' This child seems to have a knack for getting herself into some sort of mess... ' Evil-Lyn thought with a smirk. 'I guess I should go and see what she has gotten into this time ... '
 
-xXx-
 
' Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!! ' the elf screamed inwardly, as she, along with the rest of her companions hid among the branches of several fifty foot tall umbrella like trees.
 
Palaths' anger was directed at none other then herself for being so preoccupied with her own insecurities, to notice the Ohapu closing in on their scent.
 
' Both my father and the elder would scold me for being so careless.'
 
The tracking beasts or as they're better known as the Ohapu, were quickly closing in on the group. Closely resembling adult Siberian male tigers; except the dominating color being forest green. These were some of the most formidable beasts on the planet. Being incredibly hard to tame, unless by a fiercer creature, and on Neshivau none were fiercer then the Uctu.
 
A loud beastly roar suddenly filled their ears causing the elves to tense up more then they already were. From her hiding spot Palath could see the beasts clearly as they started to sniff the air. She counted ten in all, which meant there would be at least five Uctu. The elf knew that if one of the beasts caught on to their scent then a vicious battle would most certainly follow. Trying to out run the Ohapu was pointless, given they could easily out run any elf. And once the Uctu arrived, and Palath knew they definitely would, two futile decisions would be her only options.
 
` If we are discovered then it will be either flee or fight. But the answer is obvious. Our small group would have no hope of fighting both the Uctu and the Ohapu. Fleeing if that does indeed happen would be our best and only real option … `
 
Palath was hoping a third option would present itself. And that option she hoped for, was one which would keep the elf and her comrades hidden and let their enemies pass underneath without incident. It wasn't an impossible dream, given the branches and leaves of the trees they were in were quite thick and seemed more then capable of concealing a great amount of an elf's body.
 
Another roar suddenly filled her ears as ten Uctu came into view. Palath visibly paled once seeing the number of the dreaded creatures.
 
“I thought you smelt a familiar scent Za'Zhinothih or are you still recovering from that suppose beating one of the hairless gave you.” Xe'Zolazep said in mockery.
 
The group of ten Uctu hunters consisted of six from the family of Za and four from the leading family of the Owopu clan, the Xe. The Xe were rulers not only by name, but by action. They ruled with an iron fist. Nothing short of complete obedience was met with swift and severe punishment. None of the other families within the clan dared to oppose their rule, for this very fact.
 
But today the beasts found themselves in the rare role of observers.
 
“Watch your tongue or I'll rip it out!” Za'Zhinothih roared in anger.
 
“I doubt that …” the black furred hunter mocked. “If you let a hairless disgrace you then I have nothing to fear. I wouldn't doubt that the Alha'zuh Ucta himself is disgusted with you. And you call yourself the top hunter of our clan,” Xe'Zolazep words were again laced with mockery, knowing that it would cause Za'Zhinothih to attack.
 
And attack Za'Zhinothih did.
 
The Uctu were considered savage by the elfin races on Neshshivau. But to themselves they simply believed that the mighty should rule while the weak were stepped on. The ideal was crude, but amongst themselves, it served to keep order. But when ones honor was questioned, even among the savage it was an inexcusable offense.
 
Palath along with her comrades remained perfectly still, hoping and praying they were not found. Even though having two Uctu trying to rip each other apart only a few feet from where you were hiding wasn't the ideal situation. But the flip side, did bring hope to the elves bleak situation. If the pair continued their battle of teeth and claws then the distraction might be enough for some if not all of them to make a hasty escape. But it seemed good fortune was not in their future as the tussling beasts crashed into the tree were she happened to be hiding with such force it came crashing down.
 
Palath knew the situation was dire at best. If she tried to jump to another tree then her presence was sure to be noticed immediately by the other eight Uctu who were not engaged in the battle. This left the elf with only one option, albeit a potentially painful one.
 
Palath braced herself for impact with the ground below. She hoped that the leaves and braches would provide cushion for her fall. But once again, fortune seemed to be not on her side, as the falling tree impacted with another close by, jarring Palath from its branches.
 
“Everyone run while I keep them distracted!” Falhar suddenly screamed, knowing what someone had to do once witnessing Palath land with a thud.
 
Though a bit dazed the elfin princess quickly regained her bearings once hearing Falhar's voice.
 
` What is that fool doing?! ` Palath thought to herself, as she watched the fool hardy elf start battling the Ohapu.
 
Palath couldn't figure out what had possessed Falhar to do such a foolish thing. That though was until she noticed where she had landed after falling from the tree. The elf was out in the open and clearly visible to all. It was clear that if Falhar hadn't distracted everyone's attention that she would have been noticed by the Uctu.
 
“What are all of you waiting for?!” Falhar screamed as he managed to slash one the beasts on the leg with his broadsword. “Flee now!”
 
Palath heart sunk once she realized what he was trying to do. She already blamed herself for everyone being in such a dangerous situation. If someone happened to die, or in this case, sacrifice themselves so everyone else has a better chance at living. Then the teen knew she wouldn't be able to live with herself, or worse face the people of Hemtel.
 
To Falhar this was the opportunity he had been waiting for. Surely Siohban would find favor with him, once witnessing his great sacrifice. That though was if he actually managed to survive long enough to ask for her to be his life-mate. He was taking a great risk in directly attacking the Ohapu and drawing all of the beast's attention. He was skilled in the ways of the sword, that was without question. His prowess was acknowledged not only in Hemtel but also the various elfin villages. But even with his great skill, this task was next to suicide.
 
One of the beasts leaped towards him with claws fully extended, with nothing but tearing him to shreds going through its animal mind. Falhar readied his sword, intent on cleaving the beasts head clear off its body. And most likely that was what would've happened if the creature didn't suddenly drop to the ground lifeless.
 
Falhar stared in shock, until he finally noticed a dagger was sticking out of the left side of the beasts' skull.
 
Despite the current situation Palath found a moment to admire her handiwork. This particular attack was something she had been practicing with Evil-Lyn. It was a technique designed to focus your energy into a weapon making it sharper and if you chose to throw it, said weapon would fly farther with increased force. But this wasn't the only ability of the move Evil-Lyn had taught her. The Eternian also showed the elf how to focus the energy in such a manner that upon impact the energy itself exploded into the target causing even greater damage. The Owapu which chose to attack Falhar found this out first hand.
 
With her admiration out of the way, the teen quickly ran over to the fallen body and retrieved her weapon. Standing next to a still shocked Falhar, Palath bent down to her left boot to retrieve her other dagger.
 
“Princess, what are you do…--“
 
“This is not the time for talk. We must slaughter these beasts and flee before the Uctu decide to join in,” the elf said while giving an angry glare towards the Uctu.
 
The Uctu in turn seemed to be amused by the scene the two elves were making. Even Xe'Zolazep and Za'Zhinothih managed to stop their battle once noticing Falhars' presence.
 
“Do you still doubt me?” Za'Zhinothih said with a cocky smirk.
 
Though he hated to admit it, Xe'Zolazep was forced to admit his wrong, and by custom was obligated to offer up an apology or have his family name dishonored. Za'Zhinothih though reluctantly had to except the apology or have his family face the same type of dishonor. Obviously neither hunter meant a word which was spoken.
 
-xXx-
 
Falhar remained silent for a moment contemplating what he should do. He had a hunch that someone would try and talk him out of his decision. Even going so far as to help him distract their stalkers while the rest fled. But the very sister of the woman he loved. The elf heard some more thumping noises coming from all around him and turned to see the rest of the group had descended from the trees armed with either swords or bow and arrows.
 
` Oh well, so much for my grand sacrifice, ` he thought chuckling to himself.
 
Falhar readied himself for battle though he hoped that the Uctu would consider retreating, knowing that the upcoming fight would be brutal. The Uctu in turn knew they still had the advantage despite being outnumbered, and had no plans on fleeing.
 
“Illusionary art: Wall of Flames!” a mysterious voice suddenly boomed in all of their ears, as a wall of purple flames twenty feet tall and a mile long, appeared out of nowhere, separating the elves from their attackers.
 
-xXx-
 
The Uctu gazed upon the person standing in front of the wall of flames with a strange sense of fear. Given the beasts feared no other creature except for themselves, the sensation was startling. Even the Owapu were afraid to attack, somehow knowing that death would certainly follow if they did.
 
“And who might you be hairless?” Xe'Zolazep said once mustering his Uctu pride.
 
Evil-Lyn could sense their fear, though this particular Uctu's apparent bravery had her amused.
 
“I see we meet again ... Hopefully you six won't run away like the last time, “ Evil-Lyn said with a chuckle.
 
The Uctu were angered at the gall Evil-Lyn had in addressing them. They could sense there wasn't even an ounce of fear coming off her. This in itself was a very shocking thing considering every elf feared them.
 
“Hopefully this meeting will go better then the last time we met. I have a few questions I need answered, and despite your beastly ways I'm sure we can have a nice civil conversation.”
 
“I shall reclaim my honor!” Za'Zhinothih suddenly screamed as he charged Evil-Lyn in a blind rage.
 
` Well, there goes trying to be civil, ` the former witch thought amused to herself.
 
Evil-Lyn didn't have to wonder why the Uctu chose to charge. By their energy signatures and life-force she could tell that the six members from the family of Za, were the same ones who were chasing Palath when Evil-Lyn first arrived on Neshshivau. In fact the one charging her was the same one who she had choked unconscious, then tossed like a rag-doll to his fleeing comrades. Obviously he must've recognized her.
 
` I really should've changed this suite to resemble something else besides a cloak and cowl. But he must've also recognized my face. I thought he would've been too scared to remember anything, but I guess our close proximityallowed him to get a good look despite the darkness. `
 
Before his claws even had the chance to make contact, Evil-Lyn ended the attempt to take her life with a well placed elbow to his midsection. Za'Zhinothih surprised look matched his comrade's right before he slumped to the ground still alive but completely unconscious.
 
“Now … that he is taking a little nap back to the business at hand,” the Eternian said with an eerie smile.
 
-xXx-
 
Fifteen minutes had passed since the mysterious flames appeared and the scene still terrified all who gazed upon it. For the wall of flames still enveloped the area. Palaths' eyes looked upon the scene in absolute horror. The Ohapu and Uctu attackers appeared to have been burned to cinders from the mysterious flames. Such a feat was thought impossible, as the beasts seemed to posses a natural tolerance to fire.
 
' These flames they seem familiar somehow ... ' the elf thought mystified.
 
Suddenly, as if a response to her thoughts, a pair of glowing eyes could be seen within the flames. The pair glowed with such intensity all who gazed upon them feared to even breathe. One felt helpless, akin to knowing certain death were staring you in the face.
 
' Those are just like the eyes of the creature which destroyed the village, ' she thought slightly trembling at remembering the horrifying scene of the daytime vision/nightmare..
 
Palath suddenly had a flashback of the conversation which took place when herself, Siohban, and her grandmother were returning to the village following said elders talk with Evil-Lyn. The words replayed in her head. Words which told of a vision the elder once had of their world being taken over by a strange being with wings and a pair of glowing purple eyes. A vision in which the being conquered the land and made all its servants. A vision in which none could stand before the creatures might; not Uctu, not the Espel, none...
 
“I see you have followed me Palath ... “ a familiar voice spoke from within the flames.
 
The teens eyes went wide as the flames suddenly vanished, revealing in their wake none other then the very person she had been seeking.
 
“Lady Evelyn!” the elf yelled excitedly, as she ran over and hugged Evil-Lyn tightly.
 
Sobs where soon heard coming from the pairs direction, followed soon after by a relieved teens tears hitting the scorched earth underneath them. To those who observed the scene it seemed the teen had suddenly developed a case of amnesia. Palath seemed not to care, that the very person she was embracing was the one responsible for the horrifying scene which took place merely seconds ago. The former witch herself was a bit taken aback by the teens display. But soon an appreciative smile crept onto her face, knowing that someone cared for her so.
 
“Please ... don't leave like that ever again ... I ... I don't know what I would do if you were no longer in my life,” the elf said in between sobs.
 
Those words, akin to that of a double edged sword pierced Evil-Lyn to her core.
 
-xXx-
 
A days worth of travel later, the group made it back to the village none the worse for wear given their encounter with the Uctu. Evil-Lyn traveled with them, promising Palath she wouldn't leave without warning ever again. To say the elf was happy would have been an extreme understatement. Palath was beaming from ear to ear with a smile which seemed like it would never leave her face.
 
There was one though who was not smiling. In her own private hut, adjacent to the main hut, Mori stood at the entrance, stunned by what was reported to her about the search.
 
“You say she used some sort of fire to destroy the Uctu?” Mori asked in complete disbelief.
 
“Yes elder, the Espel used a strange purplish flame which turned them into dust. It was ... amazing ... no more like terrifying to watch how they were nothing but ashes in mere seconds ...” Siohban said with a shiver.
 
Many thoughts ran through the village elders mind. But the prevailing one was a memory of a long ago incident, which she thought would never be repeated in her lifetime.
 
` Could it be her in another form? … `
 
“What is it elder you seemed troubled?” Siohban said with a concerned look.
 
Indeed Mori was troubled. The only time she had witnessed such a thing being done to the Uctu was when she was a child. At the time she was ecstatic along with her comrades, for the flames saved their lives. Now though, her mind raced for an answer to why the being who used such terrifying power would suddenly reappear.
 
“I ... I need to consult with your grandfather ...”
 
-xXx-
 
A week had passed since Morilas' encounter with Evil-Lyn. The witch spent most of the time trying to figure out a way of arranging a meeting between her goddess and who she thought was the servant of the Uctu god. The problem as she saw it was two fold. First was how to arrange such a thing without Koceti getting wind of it. Surely if her master found out what she was trying to do, then she would certainly try to arrange the meeting herself in the hope; which was the same as Morilas'. To garner favor in the hope of having more power bestowed upon her. The second issue though was the one which truly terrified her. Not much was known about the relationship between the Eternian siblings. What if they were on bad terms, and she was punished by her goddess for bringing her enemies servant to her?
 
These thoughts occupied the witch's mind as she strolled down the castle corridors, towards the sacred chamber, which held the pool in which was used to contact the Demon Queen.
 
` Perhaps the direct approach would be the best way to go about it. If I explain everything which happened I'm sure she will not be ang…-- `
 
Her thoughts along with her progress were interrupted by the feeling of a hand gripping her right shoulder. The witch snapped her head around intending to give whoever snuck up upon her a quick tongue lashing. That was until she saw who the hand belonged to and quickly paled.
 
-xXx-
 
As she entered what Morila told her was the sacred chamber. Evil-Lyn took a quick glance around the room taking in its every detail. To the former witch there really wasn't much to see. She observed that it was a fairly large sized square room; with each side being thirty feet in length. There were no special decorations throughout, as everything was made out of plain bricks, with a few torches strapped to the walls. In the middle of the chamber, imbedded into the floor itself was a circular pool, six feet in diameter.
 
With her visitor behind her Morila calmly walked over to the pool and pulled out a small dagger she kept strapped to the left side of her waist. Looking back with said weapon in hand, she asked Evil-Lyn again if she was sure this was what she wanted. The question though was more of one the witch was asking herself. Facing her goddess anger was not something Morila wanted to do. She had seen when others angered Lyn, and let's just say their deaths were neither quick nor pleasant.
 
“Just get on with it,” the Eternian said rather coldly.
 
Letting out a huge sigh, Morila cut the palm of her left hand. Raising the now bleeding hand she plunged it into the pool. Almost instantaneously the water in the pool turned from clear to blood red. Gathering every bit of magical energy she could, Morila channeled it into her left hand.
 
` Ah, a summoning ritual, ` Evil-Lyn thought to herself, as she quietly observed the scene.
 
The pool began to glow, causing Morila to quickly remove her hand. An instant later said witch dropped to both knees, with the top of her head touching the stone floor. Without a sound or even the slightest movement, the elf waited with the utmost patience for the arrival of her master.
 
Evil-Lyn gazed upon Morila with a bit of sadness, why though she had no idea.
 
About a minute later a column of energy exploded from the pool, illumining the entire chamber in a brilliant yellow hue. From within the column an image of a person began to take shape. After a few more seconds the persons form came completely in view, causing Evil-Lyn to let out a gasp.
 
' T-this can't be! '
 
What startled the former witch was how the being before her was dressed. From head to toe, the Demon Queens' outfit was a carbon copy of the one Evil-Lyn wore in her former life in service to Skeletor. Thankfully for the former witch though, the beings face was not hers. In fact she could safely say the face was not one she had ever seen before. The Demon Queens' was that of a beautiful, slender, mid twenties old, Caucasian woman, with perfect looking waist length blonde hair coming out from underneath her helmet. Her eyes had no pupils, and were glowing with the same yellow energy which illuminated the room.
 
Remembering why she was there, Evil-Lyn overcame her shock and walked past the still kneeling Morila to stand a foot away from the pool. Feeling Evil-Lyn's cloak as it brushed her as she walked by, Morila decided to take a quick glance to see what was occurring. The witch was for lack of a better word speechless. Evil-Lyn and her goddess both gazed upon the other with icy stares without a word spoken between the two. The tension between them was such that the elf was finding it hard to breath let alone move.
 
“Get out!” both the Eternian and the alleged deity said in unison.
 
Knowing they were addressing her, and not wanting to be on the receiving end of either of their wrath, Morila quickly left the room, closing the door behind her as she left. On the other side of the door said witch let out a relieved sigh as she slowly slumped to the floor, while her body shook out of fear.
 
-xXx-
 
“So ... you are the Demon Queen?...” Evil-Lyn said with disgust.
 
“Why are you here Eternian, follower of Keldor?” it hissed in a raspy but clearly feminine voice.
 
Evil-Lyn was startled that the being before her knew of her origins, though outwardly she remained completely impassive.
 
“No... The question should be why you are here, and what do you want with these people?”
 
“My business is none of your concern little witch,” it said condescendingly.
 
“It is my concern when you deliberately take my form to use as a means for these people to worship you!” she spat back angrily.
 
“You should be honored I've done such a thing. Given your lust for power, I would think you would've been appreciative for providing you with a means to hold power over a portion of this world's populace.”
 
Again Evil-Lyn found herself startled by the suppose deities knowledge of her, but also as before she gave no outward sign of surprise.
 
“You talk as if you know me ... “
 
“I do ...” it said with a chuckle. “I know all about you Evelyn ...”
 
“And what is it that you know of me?!” Evil-Lyn spat out angrily.
 
“I know you desire power ... Power which I can easily grant you …”
 
“I care nothing for your power ...”
 
“Come now Evelyn, certainly you don't mean that ...”
 
“I mean every word you false god!” she spat out “All I wish to know is the reason you are tricking these people into worshipping you? And along those lines, why choose my form out of all people in the universe to carry out such blasphemy against the living God?”
 
“Seek me out, and find out why ... Help them to get the pieces of the parchment so they can journey to Eternia. Once there I will reveal all …”
 
“Why should I do that when I can go to Eternia myself and confront you there?”
 
“Because, the parchment is the only thing which will reveal my location so...—“
 
“You are imprisoned aren't you?”
 
There was a brief pause, indicating to Evil-Lyn her assumption was correct.
 
“So … the mighty Demon Queen is nothing more then a prisoner.” she said condescendingly. “You are just using these people to free yourself, isn't that right … Hordak …?”
 
There was another pause, but unlike the last, this one was followed by a sickening laugh.
 
“Do not compare me to that fool!” it suddenly roared in anger. “He deserved his fate, and may he rot in that forsaken dimension forever.”
 
“So you're saying you have absolutely no connection to him?”
 
“I don't need him to conquer worlds! I shall establish my own name throughout the universe. Never will I leech from that pompous, egoistical, self-righteous ...--
 
A slew of curses were soon heard directed towards the imprisoned tyrant. Evil-Lyn could sense the slight emotion in the Demon Queens' voice, leading her to believe the previous statement were her/its true feelings and not some contrived script.
 
“Beings everywhere shall know and come to fear the name of the Demon Queen. And when that happens I could use someone with your power to assist me in -“
 
“No,” Evil-Lyn said simply.
 
“No?...” it asked in mild shock. “This is unlike you Evelyn ... to a power whore such as yourself I would think my offer would be a dream come true for you. Why turn down the chance to be seen as a god?”
 
“I no longer need to, nor do I want to commit such blasphemous acts to achieve my goals.”
 
“Is that so …--“
 
“What do you mean I will die if I enter?!”
 
The door to the sacred chamber suddenly flew open, to reveal none other then a very angry Koceti. The elder elf's temper was kindled do to her subordinates' refusal to explain why she was waiting outside the door. But it flew through the roof at Morilas' degree that death would await anyone if they entered the chamber at the present time. Of course the younger elf chose her words carefully, hoping that Koceti would ignore her warning. If she wasn't capable of killing her master, then why not let two people who could, do the job for her.
 
“See for yourself then … fool …”
 
The elder witch narrowed her eyes at her student. Raising her right hand she was about to backslap her for the disrespect, but stopped once sensing the all too familiar presence of her goddess.
 
“What is the meaning of this intrusion Koceti?!”
 
“I-I am sorry my queen, I was just …-- what are you doing here?!” she suddenly blurted out once noticing Evil-Lyn.
 
“Do not concern yourself, I was just about to show myself out,”
 
Without another word Evil-Lyn began heading towards the entrance to the chamber. What little information her meeting with the Demon Queen provided was enough to satisfy her for the time being.
 
“It was good to see you again, my beloved sister ...”
 
Evil-Lyn snapped her head around at the comment, only to be met with the surprised looks of both elves and a sickly snicker from the pair's master. If looks could kill then the Demon Queen would have been no more at that very moment. Evil-Lyns' gaze was unwavering and filled with such malice it caused Neshshivian and goddess alike to have fear grip their hearts.
 
“Make sure you two treat her with the same respect and fear you do me ... I'm afraid my sister has a far worse temper then I do, and would not hesitate to destroy either one of you,” she said seeking to irritate Evil-Lyn further.
 
Evil-Lyns' temper on the other hand was threatening to boil over. She wanted nothing more then to vaporize the suppose goddess right there and then. But, common sense soon over came her emotions, as she simply disappeared in a flash.
 
-xXx-
 
“Come before me little one ...”
 
Morila's body began to tremble as her master spoke to her. Ever so slowly she approached the pool, already knowing what would be the topic of the conversation. Slowly she knelt, keeping her eyes towards the floor, hoping this was not to be her last day of life.
 
“I shall say this once and only once … You will answer me honestly Morila. If I even think you are lying you will die. If you hesitate in anyway, you will die. Is this clear? …” the Demon Queen said in an icy tone.
 
“I shall master …” she said calmly, though inwardly she was completely terrified.
 
“Why did you bring my siblingbefore me?” it said in an overly sweet tone, causing the two elves to turn pale; for their master never spoke in such a manner unless someone were going to perish.
 
“She demanded a meeting with you my queen … her power is beyond my own, and for fear of my life I agreed to do so.”
 
“So you fear her more then me?”
 
“N-no my queen, it was just the manner in which she chose to persuade me ... I - I was powerless to resist her …”
 
“It is understandable how a child such as yourself would feel intimidated by her power. I should not expect more from children then what they are capable of,” she said with a chuckle.
 
“Yes my queen.”
 
Morila was no fool and knew the comment was an insult. But she dared not even think of acknowledging as such, knowing her life would have been forfeited the moment the words left her mouth.
 
` At least I can take some solace in knowing that I was defeated by not just a servant of a god, but one herself. The Alha'zuh Ucta must truly be terrifying to make such a being his servant. '
 
“Evelyn would be a great help to us though. With her power she can easily gather the other pieces of the parchment. Convincing her to help might be the difficult part, given how our conversation went. But I'm sure in the end she will assist us …”
 
` That is she will assist me whether she wants to or not.' it thought with an evil smirk.
 
“Morila …Since you appear to have had the most contact with her lately, it will be your job to persuade her.”
 
“Yes my queen …”
 
Out of fear, the witch dared not question her masters order. How would she accomplish this? How would you try to convince what you believe to be a god to do anything? The elf had absolutely no idea.
 
-xXx-
 
Near eleven at night of the same day, about a mile away from the village of Hemtel. Evil-Lyn sat on the branch of a large tree staring aimlessly at the stars. The former witch was thinking over the days events, obviously her thoughts were directed towards the conversation with the Demon Queen. But more importantly, now that she had met the suppose god. Evil-Lyn pondered what to do next.
 
“Isn't it a bit late for you to be this far away from home elder?”
 
Surprisingly Mori wasn't shocked in the least by Evil-Lyn noticing her presence. The act only served to reinforce the believe which was currently perpetrating through her thoughts.
 
“I could ask you the same thing,” she said calmly, as she suddenly appeared on a branch a couple feet in front of the Eternian.
 
Evil-Lyn noted the elf was dressed in a body length hooded black cloak very similar to the one she herself wore. An outfit most likely to help oneself keep hidden in the darkness of night.
 
“Possibly, but you're here for an entirely different reason, am I right elder?” Evil-Lyn said evenly, returning her gaze towards the sky.
 
“Are you the goddess Zoar?” she said getting straight to the point.
 
“No,” Evil-Lyn responded calmly, not surprised in the least by the elder elf's question.
 
“Are you an Eternian then?”
 
Evil-Lyn didn't turn around, nor did she give an immediate response to Mori's question. The former witch knew something like this would be coming once someone from the search party reported what had taken place. The Eternian though wasn't sure what to say. Yes, she had imagined something like this being asked of her. But what answer to give or more likely how to say the truth was what eluded her.
 
“And what if I am, what would you do about it?” she asked coldly, though the statement came out far harsher then what she had originally intended.
 
Mori stared at Evil-Lyn in shock. Could it be that her village had sheltered one of their god's without knowing it? Could it be all of the years of hoping and praying for Zoar to return finally produced fruit?
 
“I would ask for what purpose have you graced us by your presence, and also why you have kept your identity hidden for so long?”
 
“Would I need to explain myself to the likes of you? ...”
 
The vibe Evil-Lyn was giving off unnerved the elder elf. It was like she suddenly was puny in the Eternians' presence.
 
' By the great Creator, could she really be an Eternian? ' the elf thought in wonder. ' I haven't felt this way since ...-- '
 
“I've heard you met The Sorceress or as you call her Zoar, in your younger days,” Evil-Lyn said breaking Mori's train of thought. “I'm curious how that meeting with that stick in the mud came to be?...”
 
The shock on Mori's face was evident. How Evil-Lyn knew a secret that was only known by her former best friend Koceti, her exiled and disgraced daughter Morila, her murdered daughter Mala, their father Besin, the village chief and former husband to Mala Tomuze, and of course Mori herself. Left the elf completely dumbfounded.
 
“Instead of wondering how I know you met her and also of the parchment which allowed you to visit Eternia, just answer the question. You wish information from me elder of Hemtel, then you will have to make known some yourself,” Evil-Lyn said evenly.
 
Many options ran through Mori's mind. From flat out denying every word Evil-Lyn just spoke to trying to force the former witch to tell how she knew one of if not the most guarded secret in the entire village. But eventually she settled on the only true realistic option available.
 
“I never thought I would tell this tale to anyone who wasn't part of the village's royal lineage,” she said with a defeated tone.
 
“Life can be full of surprises elder… now on with the tale if you don't mind,” Evil-Lyn said with a smirk.
 
“Very well …” she said with a heavy sigh. “But first I wish to know if what I heard is true, that you destroyed a group of Uctu with a strange purple fire.”
 
Evil-Lyn simply nodded.
 
“I see …”
 
' Indeed, I may be in the presence of an Eternian. '
 
For the next few minutes Mori told the tale of how herself, Koceti, and Besin traveled to Eternia and met the Sorceress.
 
` It's basically the same story I heard from Morila. So far nothing she has said will help me figure out who this Demon Queen really is. `
 
“Once she returned us to our world, we begged her to stay with us for a little while longer. We knew that the others would never believe our tale unless we had proof. And what better proof then a living breathing goddess,” she said as a small smile crossed her lips. “But Zoar again warned us about what would have happened if she hadn't found us, and forbid us from telling anyone of our journey.”
 
“Makes sense, the less people who know, then the less chance of anyone trying to repeat in your footsteps.”
 
“True …”
 
“We did manage though to persuade her to journey with us until we were close to the village. She saw no fault in our request and agreed. Once we pointed out to her the location of the village. She encased us within a sphere and like birds we traveled in the sky.”
 
Mori paused for a few seconds remembering the wonderful feeling of flight.
 
“If memory serves me right, we landed about three hundred paces from the village gates. Once recovering from the shock of flying like the birds. We said our goodbyes, and sped off, towards the village. Naturally we were barely able to control our joy as we ran and that simple mistake nearly cost us our lives. When we were about two hundred paces from hemtel myself, Besin and Koceti found ourselves in an ambush set by the Uctu and were completely surrounded. Besin, told myself and Koceti to try and make a run for it while he tried to distract them. We tried to protest but he stated it was the only option. We knew what he said was true, and reluctantly myself and Koceti waited for Besin to enact his plan. Before he got the chance, a cry of a bird filled our ears. Suddenly a bird unlike any other flew inbetween us and the Uctu and before our very eyes changed into the goddess Zoar. She commanded us to stay behind her and without a word we obeyed. She pointed her staff at the Uctu and commanded them to leave or face destruction.”
 
“Let me guess, they didn't listen,” Evil-Lyn said with a snicker.
 
“True … The fools tried to attack her. But before they even stepped three feet towards Zoar. Fire unlike any I've ever seen before came from out of her staff and engulfed the vile beasts, turning them into nothing but ash.”
 
' Now I know the reason for her thinking I'm the Sorceress. '
 
“It was terrifying to see such a display of power ... naturally we looked upon her trembling, fearing if we angered her in anyway we would receive the same fate as the Uctu. But to our great relieve Zoar simply smiled, and told us no further harm would befall us.”
 
“You mean to tell me that stoic face of hers actually cracked a smile, and here I thought that part of her anatomy was incapable of performing such an act,” Evil-Lyn said with a small laugh.
 
The elder paused, not knowing what was so funny about someone smiling.
 
“Sorry to have interrupted, if you've spent any significant time around her then you would understand why I was laughing.”
 
' Significant time? So she is an Eternian, ` she thought as joy filled her heart.
 
“You may continue Mori, I wish to hear the rest of this tale.”
 
“Yes to continue ... We bowed before her out of gratitude, not knowing any other way to address a god. Strangely she told us to rise to our feet, that she is no one to bow to. Obviously we were confused by her words but were too scared to question her. From there she told us the way to our village should be free from any further attack. We again said our gratitude for saving our lives and even asked her to give the Great Warrior our eternal thanks for defeating the destroyer. Strangely she appeared sad once realizing who we were referring to. Well, more like for a second I saw sadness on her face. Now that I think about it. I would say it briefly resembled the sadness of losing ones life-mate.”
 
` Why do I get the feeling what Mori just said has something to do with why the Sorceress laid with Adam.'
 
Evil-Lyn was still in disbelief that such a thing took place. The prince of Eternia sleeping with the protector of Grayskull? It really made no sense. But, as she well knew given her past relationship with Skeletor. When lust is involved anything was possible.
 
“Again we dared not ask why she appeared sad when we mentioned the Great Warrior. With one last word of gratitude, we ran off towards the village, hoping that someday one of us would lay eyes on Zoar again …”
 
' I must find a way to speak to both the Sorceress and Adam to find out when these events took place. But if I leave this world without a proper reason, then I'm sure it would be a violation of my sentence. '
 
“That is my tale …” the elf said simply.
 
Mori remained silent, waiting for Evil-Lyn to speak. The elf was sure that Evil-Lyn was as she thought. Whether Zoar or another Eternian, it frankly didn't matter to her. She had a request she believed only someone with the power of an Eternian could grant.
 
Evil-Lyn closed her eyes, thinking over carefully what should be said. Knowing her words would not only shape her relationship with the people of Hemtel, but also that of the entire world's populace.
 
“Who am I you ask? ...” she said while slowly opening her eyes which were now glowing purple with power.
 
A feeling of inferiority once again besieged itself on the elder elf. It was as if Evil-Lyn were a giant and she nothing more then a mere ant.
 
I ... am the image of she who has caused your pain and suffering. I ... am the image of she who took your daughters away from you. I ... am the image of this worlds greatest evil ... I ... am ... the image of Lyn, the Demon Queen ...”
 
-xXx-
 
A/N: Well that is one huge revelation Ms. Evelyn has bestowed upon the elder. It will be interesting to see how said elf reacts to the news. I hope everyone enjoyed the scene between Kakarotto and the Z Senshi (Warriors). Again, sorry for such a long wait in between chapters. Well, till next time. :)