Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Changeling ❯ The Changeling ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: The Changeling

Author: stina-chan

Description: Kinda Dark-Angel themed, but its basically about a changeling who is taken in by the DBZ guys after she escapes an evil lab.

Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ/DBGT or Dark Angel I have a bunch of DBZ posters and some action figures but that's where it ends.

Escape to Freedom

Running from the compound she tried to ignore the sirens and shouting as she concentrated. `I need something fast,' she thought feeling the change start. Suddenly she felt something nick her neck. Reaching up she pulled the dart out and threw it on the ground. It was too late, the chemicals were already in her head breaking her concentration and stopping the change causing her to go back to human. Desperately she ran for the trees barely feeling it as a bullet got her arm causing blood to splatter over her white shirt. She felt another bullet graze her head as she jumped over some bushes and finally another dart hit her neck as she ran into the trees.

Pulling the new dart out as she ran she gasped at its blue feathers, `shit it's a tranquilizer, I need to hide.' Running wildly through the woods she felt tears seeped from her eyes. Holding her bloody arm to her she jumped over a log and cut back a yelp as her ankle got caught on a root. Falling down she sighed as she pulled herself into the groove of a nearby tree covering herself with leaves and sticks. Finally feeling the effects of the dart her eyelids began to droop as she fought fatigue and blood loss. `I need to get away; they can't find me. Please God don't let them find me………'

Then everything went black.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Waking up and looking around she sat up abruptly cringing at the pain in her head feeling her temple she felt dry blood, caked in her hair. Looking down at herself she gasped. She was wearing the same issued white clothes as last night with her numbered band around her wrist; her arm was no longer injured even though it was still covered in blood. Her ankle was also healed. Testing her arm she looked amazed.

"Whoa, and where the fuck am I?" She checked out her surroundings warily. Terrified she thought back to last night, `no, they couldn't have found me, it's not possible.' She bit back tears as she tried to think of something less terrible, `Creepy stucco walls' she thought bitterly at the bright happy-face yellow walls. Swinging her legs over the side of the bed she was lying in, she bit down on her lip as she put weight on her legs and stood up.

Ignoring the pain in her head she started "I wonder………" Breaking off she tried to focus her energy; gasping she stopped quickly, "the shot hasn't worn off yet." Taking careful steps she made her way towards the white door on the other side of the room.

Opening the door a crack and sticking her head out a bit she checked to see if the coast was clear. Seeing an empty hall she made her way to the end slowly where there was a staircase. Taking a weary breath she sat down on the top step and leaned against the wall holding her throbbing temples. Contemplating what to do she didn't hear someone come up behind her.

"Going somewhere?" Her entire body jerked at the sound, dread filled her body as she twisted around making notes on all her escape routes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"So Dende I guess it's true that Piccolo found some girl in the woods this morning." Krillen said grabbing a piece of toast off the plate Mr. Popo had left for him.

Dende nodded, "she was a mess, I healed most of her injuries before letting her rest. She was still unconscious when I left her."

"Tough break," Krillen shook his head sadly his black locks waving around his head. "So why did you want me to come?"

"Well I can't keep her here on the lookout and I was wondering if you would take her in." Dende answered hopefully.

"Gee, sorry Dende," Krillen started, "but we just don't have the room at Master Roshi's."

Dende nodded, "I thought that might happen, any ideas on who could take her on?"

Krillen began to think, `hmmm, Chi-Chi?, no Chi-Chi wouldn't want the girl influencing her boys. Yamcha's no good he's never around, neither are Tien and Chaotzu. The only option left is Bulma and Vegeta.'

Krillen looked at Dende, "Well the only people I can think of are Bulma and Vegeta."

Dende thought about it for a moment, "It's not the greatest place for her but there isn't anyone else I can think off. Krillen?"

"Yea," Krillen said, mouth full of toast.

"Could you take her there?"

"Sure Dende, it's the least I can do for her."

"Great I'll take you to her, Mr. Popo will probably be feeding her." Dende said turning and walking to the door of his building with Krillen behind.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"………" she eyed the short black man warily.

"Don't be afraid I'm here to help you." He said seeing her expression, "I'm Mr. Popo, what's your name?"

Something at the back of her mind was nagging at her, `why does that name sound familiar?' Ignoring her mind she relaxed, "I'm Robyn, it's nice to meet you. You wouldn't be able to tell me where we are by any chance would you?"

"We are at the lookout Robyn." Mr. Popo answered, "would you like something to eat? You must be very hungry."

Robyn nodded a creepy déjà vu feeling waving over her, "is there somewhere where I can clean myself up a bit first?"

Mr. Popo started down the stairs, "of course follow me."

Robyn looked at herself in the mirror of the bathroom. Mr. Popo had gotten her a purple top to wear while he washed the blood of her other one, she still donned the brass bracelet with her numbers on it. The bracelet had been put together so that she couldn't take it off but she had gotten used to it and didn't mind it anymore. She smiled slowly at her shiny brown hair still wet from washing it. She looked down at her now creamy white arm. The only place that wasn't healed was the side of her neck where she had two separate bruises from where the darts hit. Whoever had healed her had missed that spot, which was easy enough since her hair had hid it.

Turning from the mirror she examined her ankle that had been twisted. It was all better now, she looked on the inside of her ankle where a range of black bars and numbers were. Sighing she pushed her pant leg over the tattoo. She was free now, she shouldn't be thinking of her past.

Pushing her wet hair out of her face she left the bathroom where Mr. Popo was waiting.

"Thanks Mr. Popo for everything, it's so great to feel clean." She smiled at him.

"Yes you must be starving by now, please follow me."

Robyn followed Mr. Popo to a small table with two chairs. Mr. Popo motioned for her to sit down.

"Wait here while I go put something together for you." He said leaving the room.

Sitting in her chair, she thought back to her days before the compound.

~Flashback~

Sitting on a tree trunk in a lush tropical rainforest, Robyn giggled as Marius placed a crown of wild flowers on her head.

"There now you look like a princess." He said smiling at her.

"Yes and you can be my prince." She said taking his hand and leading him to a creek letting her white dress flutter in the breeze.

Sitting on a rock with Marius, she ate strawberries while watching a couple of monkeys play together.

She turned to Marius, "you won't ever leave me will you Marius?"

"I promise." He answered pushing her hair away from her face and leaning forwards into a gentle kiss, pulling away he whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too." Robyn answered leaning her head against his chest.

~End of Flashback~

She sat back in her chair silently with her fingers to her lips, the pain in her head was slowly ebbing as the chemicals broke down and left her system. Suddenly she became aware that she had tears sliding down her cheeks. Wiping them away briskly she closed her eyes against the pain, emotionally and physically.

"Oh Marius………I miss you." She muttered softly leaning on the table.

She then heard Mr. Popo walk back in; composing herself and willing the red to leave her face she sat up. She smiled as he put vegetable stir-fry in front of her. She remembered telling him earlier that she was a vegetarian.

Taking the chopsticks he placed in front of her she started on the noodles. Trying to satiate her hunger she didn't hear two people come in.

"Hey there."

Robyn jumped in her chair and dropped her chopsticks on the table standing beside her was a short man with thick black hair and no nose and a short green alien.

"It's all right we're friends." The nose-less man put his hands up to show he wasn't going to hurt her.

Robyn looked to Mr. Popo who nodded to her.

"Hi I'm Robyn," she replied to the two standing up, not much taller at her 5'3.

Then the little green man stepped forward, "I'm Dende the guardian of earth and this is my friend Krillen. I see Mr. Popo has been very kind to look after you for me." He then turned to Mr. Popo, "You may go now Mr. Popo."

Mr. Popo nodded and left the room.

Sitting their studying the two short guys it suddenly clicked in her mind, "holy shit, you guys are from Dragon Ball Z!"

"What was that?" Krillen asked looking confused.

`What the? I remember others from the compound telling me about this show to pass the time. They never told me it was real………' her eyes became very large then she composed herself, "oh nothing, never mind."

"Okay," Dende started, "a friend of mine found you in the woods and brought you to me, but I can't keep people up here with me so Krillen is going to take you with him down to Earth where you will be staying with friends of ours."

Robyn nodded and stood, "Let's go then."

Krillen nodded and she followed Dende and him outside.

Hugging Dende she smiled, "thank you very much, you will never know how much your generosity has helped me."

Dende nodded quietly, "take care Robyn."

She then let Krillen pick her up by the waist and fly off down to earth; she wasn't ready to show them her powers just yet.

"So Krillen who are these friends I'll be staying with?" She asked rubbing the cold out of her arms.

"You'll be staying with Vegeta and Bulma and their two kids Trunks and Bra at Capsule Corp." Krillen replied.

Robyn nodded watching the scenery below as they sped over mountains and through valleys. Soon they came to a city. Robyn gasped as they landed in the yard of a very big white house.

Robyn shuddered and involuntarily took a step backwards. The building looked a lot like the compound only it didn't have searchlights and high fences covered in barbed wire.

Krillen feeling her agitation took her hand and led her to the door. She stood to the side as he knocked.

"Hey Bulma," Krillen said cheerily to the blue haired women at the door.

"Hey Krillen, this is a surprise, what brings you here?" Bulma asked cheerily opening the door wider.

"Well Dende asked me to find someplace for this girl Piccolo found." Krillen started, "and we were wondering if you'd mind taking her in."

"Sure thing if it's Dende, you can't really refuse him for all he's done for us." Bulma replied gesturing for them to come in.

"Hi I'm Bulma," Bulma put her hand out.

"I'm Robyn it's nice to meet you, thank you for letting me stay with you." Robyn answered monotonously shaking her hand.

"Well now that you too are alright I have to get back to Roshi's place." Krillen said heading for the door.

"Right say hi to everyone for me," Bulma said letting Krillen out.

"Bye."

Bulma closed the door and turned to Robyn.

"So I'm guessing that's all the clothes you have?" Bulma asked.

Robyn blushed, "yeah pretty much."

"Don't worry I'm sure you'd fit in some of my old clothes until I find some time to take you shopping."

Robyn nodded, as Bulma gave her the tour then led her upstairs and down a hall to a guestroom where she'd be staying.

"So if you don't have any problems I'm going back to my workroom, feel free to wander until supper." With that she left Robyn alone in the baby blue room.

Robyn sighed and sat down on the bed for a moment. Laying back on the coverlet she thought about her current situation. `I can't believe I did it, what should I do now?' Looking out the window she noticed a forest to the side of the house.

"Funny, I didn't notice that before." Pushing up off the bed she left the guestroom and found her way outside.

Reaching the trees at last she quickly looked behind her to make sure no one was watching before she briskly took off all her clothes and hid them in a nearby niche. Smiling brightly she quickly pulled her energy together shaping and moulding it. She groaned as her legs bent backwards and she fell onto all four in the bushes. Sleek black fur quickly rippled over her back and arms soon covering her from head to toe. Soon she felt her nose and mouth protruding and sharp teeth replacing her old human teeth. The last to come was her tail, which slid out from her backbone silently and smooth. She emanated a growl as she stretched in her new body, the body of a panther.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: Shibby story idea eh? I thought so I haven't seen anyone use a changeling in their story yet, Check it I'm original! Anyways I left at a cliff-hanger, go me! We'll it's sorta a cliff-hanger, I lie, it's a terrible cliff-hanger no?

Oh well you know R/R and I will think about what to put in the next chappie. Bwah hahahaha

stina-chan