Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Doctor is in...sane! ❯ Good morning.... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter One
Good morning!


Sunlight filtered through the curtains and illuminated the dark room with its soft light. The dark blue covers on the bed on the far wall facing the window stirred and a hand appeared and grabbed the clock sitting on the bedside table.
"Fuck!" said a voice coming from under the blankets as the clock was thrown back onto the side table. The hand disappeared under the covers and a second later the covers were thrown to the floor revealing the occupant of the bed. Vegeta sat up and placed his feet on the floor, running one hand through his hair, coming it into it familiar flame-like style from the ratty mess it had become during the night.
Finding it to his satisfaction he placed his hand beside him to get up from the bed but paused, as a wave of nausea washed over him, forcing him to lean over holding his stomach with a hand over his mouth, suddenly another wave of nausea hit him and he ran to the bathroom, not bothering to close the door in his haste to get to the toilet in time. Falling to the ground in front of it he vomited until he began to dry heave. Groaning Vegeta placed his aching head onto the toilet seat, closing his eyes as he gathered his thoughts, trying to understand what had just happened.
'ug...I knew the woman's cooking was bad...but...!' the nausea returned and the rest of the contents of his stomach ended up joining the rest in the toilet bowl. Leaning back as the dry heaves stopped he closed his eyes to try to dull the throbbing in his head as well as stop the room from spinning. Groaning and still leaning heavily against the wall Vegeta stood up. Placing a hand on the wall to keep his balance he leaned over and flushed the contents of his stomach down the toilet. Leaning back his hand still on the wall Vegeta walked slowly over to the shower at the other end of the bathroom. Turning the water on he removed his boxers and throwing them into the dirty clothes hamper near the door, Vegeta stepped into the cold shower. Backing into the spray of cold water he saturated his hair to the point where it hung limply down past his shoulders, and forming slight bangs that softened his features.
He closed his eyes as and let the cool water sooth his aching head. Turning around to face the wall he leaned his head back and opening his mouth rinsed it of the taste of vomit. Opening his eyes Vegeta turned to the side of the shower, grabbed the shampoo and squeezed some out into his hand. Washing his hair he let his thoughts turned to the night before. He had come in and eaten dinner then gone to bed exhausted having gone without sleep for three days straight, he was surprised at how tired he was since he had gone without sleep for longer before. He thought it odd but had decided against continuing because he did not want a repeat of the gravity room incident last week. He was probably just still recovering from the explosion, that was why he was tired.
' Hmm....Maybe ...Going without sleep has weakened me to the point that I have caught a Chcikihu-Jin viruses....?'
"hmm.."he hummed softly as he rinsed his hair and grabbed the bar of soap and began to wash himself. When he had rinsed off he shut the water off and stepped out of the shower.
He picked up two towels on his way to his bedroom to get dressed, one he placed on his waist and the other he used to dry his hair, he walked into his bedroom. Opening drawers he picked out a pair of black boxers, dark blued jeans that hung low on his waist and a black long-sleeved shirt. He put them on the bed for when he was done training. From another drawer he fished out his training GI and put it on.
He decided to only do his basic workout today in favor of quitting early. He then turned headed downstairs to get something to replace what he had thrown up earlier.
~*~
The smell of eggs and bacon filled the kitchen where Bulma was at the stove cooking breakfast. She looked away from the stove at the clock on the wall, frowning at the time. Turning back to her eggs her frown deepened as she stared at them. She sighted and turned them over distractedly, breaking both yokes in the process. She looked back at the clock and bit her lip when she looked out the window at the empty gravity room. Turning back to the stove she sighed as she turned the burner off and put her eggs on a plate and put the pan in the sink. It sizzled as she picked up her plate and sat down at the table. Picking up her fork she looked up at the door to the living room and then back at the clock. She sighed as she looked back down at her plate and began to eat.
~~
Coming downstairs Vegeta stopped when he smelt bacon and ages coming from the kitchen. The smell that usually made him drool was now nauseating him. Continuing down th stairs he headed towards the kitchen and nearly reched as the smell only intensified the closer he came to the door. . Forcing bile down he put his hand on the door knob and opened the door.
~~
Bulma looked up from her food when she heard the door opening . Dropping her fork on her plate with a clatter she stood up and l=walked over to Vegeta who was standing in the doorway, still holding the door open. Vegeta's eyes followed her around the table and he raised his eyebrows in question as she came up to him . she raised hers as well and smiled at him before she spoke.
"Well, want some breakfast sleepy head?" she turned around , and walked over to the refrigerator , opening it as she spoke.The door still open she turned back to him.
"we've got eggs, bacon, ham...Vegeta She frowned at him, he had a dazed look on him face and his eyes were on the floor. Bulma closed the fridge and turned to him fully, crossing her arms over her chest. Frowning even more deeply she called again.
"Vegeta!" His head jerked up and he looked up at her , startled. He glared at her , growling softly, and moved away from the doorway, the door slamming closed behind him, crossing him arms over his chest.
"What woman?" He growled, still glaring at her. Bulma's eyes narrowed and the took a step towards him angrily.
" I asked what you wanted for breakfast..." she answered him, tapping her foot impatiently, lips pursed and frowning angrily. Vegeta continued to glare at her and had opened his moth to retort when Bulma's mother skipped into the kitchen from the back door.She was still wearing her gardening gloves which were covered in dirt.
"Good morning dearies !" Mrs. Briefs sang as she removed her gloves and put them on the counter and facing a still glaring Bulma, completely oblivious to the staring match between her and Vegeta. Taking Bulma's hands in her own she giggled excitedly.
"Bulma! Your father has just told me that we will be leaving on a six week cruise of the south Caribbean! Isn't that exciting? You have to come up and help me pack, I can tell you all about it!" She giggled again and pulled Bulma out of the kitchen leaving a bemused Vegeta behind. The door closed behind them and Vegeta shook his head as he picked up Bulma's plated and put it in the sink then headed out the back door and walked down the path to the gravity room.
~*Few hours later in the gravity room...*~
You could almost taste the sweat the air was so compact inside the Gravity Room.Vegeta was doing one fingered push ups on the floor and behind him the gravity meter read "100", and the red tint of the room only increased the aggressive feel of the room ten-fold. Vegeta had stripped down to his black shorts as he trained and his back glistened with the sweat of his exertions. He stopped in the middle of his 200th pushup and lowered himself o he ground and rolled onto his back, and lay his head on the floor and closed his eyes. A moment later he reopened them.
'Thirty more ..minutes ...them I'm done' he nodded as he leaned over and placed his hands in front of him, on the floor, and pushed himself up . He pulled his feet under him and he stood up wiping his forehead with the back of his hand.
"Computer... begin cool down program." he said turning to the console and beginning his first position.
" Command confirmed, beginning cool down. "The computer answered as Vegeta began cooling down for the day.
~Twenty minutes later~
Beginning his last few katas for the day, Vegeta breathed deeply as he felt the gravity decrease by ten, reducing the pressure to 50x earth gravity. He was just finishing when suddenly he was slammed to the ceiling.
'what the fuck?' he thought, bewildered, as he was dropped to the floor.Groaning he pushed himself up and Angrily stood up with a growl and turned to greet the unfortunate soul who had interrupted his training, a Ki blast forming in his hand.
"Hey Vegeta! How are ya doing?" he heard a familiar voice say as the gravity returned to normal. He scowled at Goku's smiling face, Goku's smile fading as he saw Vegeta' s Ki sphere.
"Ummm...is this a bad time? " he said as he scratched his head nervously.Vegeta growled.
"Kakarott! What are you doing here?!" Vegeta yelled walking closer, still not dispersing the Ki Sphere. Goku smiled nervously, still staring at the Ki sphere in Vegeta's grasp.
"Well...Wanna spar?" Goku said looking up at Vegeta's face and smiling broadly," I..." he was stopped from saying more by a punch in the face that sent him into the opposite wall.
~much later~
Goku touched down on the front lawn followed closely by Vegeta. Both had torn clothes and had dirt and blood all over them. Vegeta began walking to the house but lost his footing in his weariness and fell to the ground. Goku walked over to vegeta and went to help him up.
"are you alright?" he said helping him to his feet. Vegeta shoved him away before falling to the ground again.
"Yes.... Kakarott! I am fine I do not need any help!" Vegeta yelled as he finally got to his feet, only to be caught as he fell again by a frowning Goku. "You sure? Because..."
"Shut the fuck up! I am fin..." Vegeta yelled as he shook Goku's hands of his shoulders to stand on his own only to fall to the ground again and lay still. Goku bit his lip and knelt down next to Vegeta.
"Vegeta??" he said, when he got no response he poked Vegeta in the shoulder. Eyes widening, Goku picked the unconscious Saiya-Jin up and carried him to the front door, and knocked on the door.
"Hello?" he yelled as he opened the front door to an empty living room. Going in He entered the kitchen where Bulma was putting away groceries. She turned at the sound of the door opening and dropped the bag she was holding in her haste to get to Vegeta.
"What the hell...!?" cried Bulma turning to glare at Goku, who was standing in the middle of the kitchen with an unconscious Vegeta in his arms. Her mother who was, as usual, oblivious to the situation, giggled excitedly on seeing Goku.
"Oh! Hello Goku! How are you? Can I get you anything?" giggled Mrs. briefs as she walked over to the tall man in her Kitchen as if it was a pleasant surprise.
"Ummm..well you see....."Goku started, but was interrupted by Bulma steering him to the living room door.
"Put him on the couch Goku, before you drop him!" Goku followed and placed Vegeta on the living room couch. Bulma knelt down to check him for injuries but on finding only the usual cuts and bruises, she felt his forehead for a fever. Jerking her hand away she stood up and went past the worried Goku and back to the kitche, Pushing the door open Bulma turned to her mother who was standing there humming.
"Mom, go call a doctor, now!" she yelled, her mother nodded and left the room to find the phone. Bulma turned and went back into the living room and walked up to Goku, her brows furrowed worriedly.
"What happened?!" She said, turning back to Vegeta and kneeling beside his sweating , shivering form lying on the couch
"I don't know....we were sparring than...he just collapsed..." Goku said biting his lip and turning to Vegeta as well.
"He has a fever Goku...." she said looking back up at Goku her lips pursing.
"Goku...why don't we take him up to his room, and take his temperature there." She said getting up and facing Goku, who nodded and bent to pick Vegeta up. Bulma led Goku upstairs and opened the door of Vegeta's room for Goku. He put Vegeta down on the bed after Bulma folded down the blankets. Bulma walked over to the Bedside table and opened the drawer, taking out the thermometer and putting it into Vegeta's mouth. She sat down on the bed
"Goku, I think I can take it from here, you can go home before Chi Chi begins to worry." said Bulma, turning to Goku.
"Okay well..tell me if he gets any worse!" said Goku put his fingers to his forehead and disappeared.Bulma turned back to Vegeta and looked him over, he was sweating profusely and looked like he was in pain.
'oh, you asshole! What have you done to yourself now?'she thought worriedly. Going back to the it under Vegeta's tongue and after a worried look at him she left to check on her mother. As she reached the bottom of the stairs her mother came over to her.
"Oh hello dear! Goku, the dear, explained everything. No one answered when I called so I hanged up, You'll have to call again for yourself... "she nearly sang as she skipped up the stairs, down the hall and into her bedroom.Bulma rolled her eyes at her mothers airheadedness.
'Oh mother! *Sigh* I'll just have to call now before I forget.' She heard a beep and turned went back up the stairs. Going back to Vegeta's door she opened it and stepped into the dark room. She walked over and sat down on the end of the bed and took the the thermometer out of Vegeta's mouth to checked the temperature.Her brows furrowed as she stood up.
'113.8 degrees... great, well all the more reason to call the doctor.' Turning to the bedside table put the thermometer down and picked up the cord-less phone dialing the number for her personal physician, she held the phone to her ear, holding the phone with her shoulder. turning she walked over to the bathroom door, and opening it she stepped in. Opening the cupboard she got a bowl out and closed the door. filled the bowl with cool water and placed it on the sink. She turned back to the cupboard and opened it again, getting a waschcloth from the drawer. Closing the cupboard again she turned to the bowl and dropped the washrag into the water. Picking up the bowl went out of the bathroom. walking over to the bed she sat down at the end near Vegeta and put the bowl on the side table. She wrung out the rag and draped the cloth over the Saiya-Jins forehead, causing a groan from Vegeta.She moved the phone from her shoulder to her hand as the Doctor's secretary answered the phone.
"Hello? This is Bulma Briefs of capsule corporation. I was wondering...do you make house calls?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~