Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Dragon and the Phoenix ❯ Chapter 1 ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A brand new story from the Saiyan Butterfly ^_^ It's Based on the movie Hell in the Pacific; in which a US soldier and a Japanese Soldier are marooned on an island together. It won't be that similar, I've never seen the movie.

So the idea is: Bulma a soldier under the army of the Phoenix, and Vegeta a soldier under the army of the Dragon. The two armies are warring on a distant planet in hopes of claiming it for their own empire.

This is far from your average BV eh? But then so are most my fics.

Please Read and Review. I need to know what you think.

Enjoy the fic!

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragonball Z or any of the characters so back you evil lawyers back!

*Whomps lawyers with mallet of doom*

That'll teach em ^_~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Dragon and the Phoenix

By

Saiyan Butterfly

A heavy breeze thick with the smoldering scent of blood and battle blew uncomfortably across the sullen battlefield. The two armies had met on this humid planet, in order to claim it for their Emperors. The two armies had clashed in a fury of ki blasts and mechanical weaponry alike. And three days later the armies were down to but a few men. The army of the northern Quadrant, the army of the phoenix, had retreated into a deep valley guarded by high plateaus. The few snipers left alive were stationed all about the crest of the deep bowl of the valley. When one stood upon the top spires the sight beheld appeared to be that of miles of dense forest. The land was swampy and treacherous, but little protection when your enemy could fly of their own power.

On the other hand the army of the eastern quadrant, the army of the dragon, was stationed somewhere on the outer edges of the forest, waiting for the right moment to strike. This was a battle to the death and there would be no capitulation by either side.

However, within the Army of the Phoenix there was some slight unrest among the soldiers. One of the top soldiers was desperately trying to convince their general to call in a rescue team.

"Kami damn it Shiro! You know damn well your men will all die. With the limited ammunition and soldiers we are all going to be slaughtered like lambs when the dragons finally strike!" Bulma Briefs a brilliant tech turned mercenary had come on this expedition in order to make sure the weaponry she herself had created was in proper working order. But she had not just stood aside. No she had been in the heat of battle since the time they had learned the dragons were attempting to claim the planet for themselves. Her battle scars told that she was not just a weak tech.

"Listen to me Miss Briefs, cause I will only say this once," boomed General Shiro Harjin. "The Army of the Phoenix does not surrender or retreat, ever. The soldiers understand that and so should you. There is no way we will let them think they have won. We will fight until not one dragon is left standing! Have you forgotten that their numbers have also been greatly depleted?"

"No sir I have not" she ground out slowly, finding it very difficult to keep her temper around this man. General Harjin was a loud obnoxious man with the temperament of a rabid dog, and the looks to match. A jagged scar ran from the top of his forehead clear to his chin. He was no rookie when it came to war, but it did not mean that he knew everything. "But would you really let all these men die for the sake of this worthless little dirtball? Would you have all those deaths on your conscious, or are you actually willing to die along side your men, sir?"

"Miss Briefs I have told you, you cannot sway my decision. If you do not cease with your ridiculous tirade I will have you court marshaled!"

I'm not a part of your army really," she snarled. I'm the master technician to the whole army of the Phoenix you don't have the power to have me court marshaled! You know the emperor's army would be pretty drab if it wasn't for my inventions"

The general puffed out in indignation, "Then stop acting like a soldier! You should have stayed in your labs where you belong little girl, or better yet, you ought to be in the kitchen! That is after all where a woman belongs!" He laughed mockingly as Bulma's face turned a deep shade of red. She was rendered speechless that he had said such a thing, and to her of all people! No one spoke that way to Bulma Briefs and got away with it.

Her silence did not last for much longer. "You indignant bastard, I've survived this battle longer then most of your best men so don't you dare give me that shit about women being inferior! I don't care if you are the general, I will not tolerate such slander."

Her tirade did little to affect Harjin and he merely sneered down at her, a plan forming suddenly in his mind.

"If you think you are so high and mighty Miss Briefs then why don't you go do the soldiers a service? We don't know exactly where the dragons are stationed, and all the scouts are dead. Why don't you save the soldiers Miss Briefs? Go out and discover the dragons whereabouts, and then I will give you the merit you think you so richly deserve."

Bulma eyed Harjin suspiciously, she knew perfectly well that it was suicide to head into that jungle as well as he did. But she couldn't refuse. Her pride was in the way. And she could not let them think she was weak. The way they were smiling at her they were sure that she'd refuse. Well she would show them, she would show them all. "Fine then general I will leave in the morning first thing, I'll take a COM and a ration of supplies. I will report back to you at intervals. I should have no trouble locating the Dragons for you."

And much to the shock of the general the Master Technician Bulma Briefs did head out the very next morning, on a surely fruitless hunt for the Army of the Dragon. The general heaved a sigh as she walked off into the dense forest. Perhaps it would be better if the little wench got herself killed.

At the edge of the extensive forest the army of the dragon were having similar problems of internal unrest.

One of the Dragon Emperor's very best warriors, a prince in his own right, was not at all happy about how things were being run.

"You have no right to tell me how to command my army, prince-ling!" boomed General Zarbon Xyon. "You want a mission to go on? You want to have command of the troops?" he sneered. "You have neither the skill or the patience to command an army."

The prince scoffed. "And you haven't the knack for strategy, Zarbon! You fool! I tire of sitting here doing nothing. Why not go after the Phoenix?"

"Because we don't have the time to waste searching that wasteful jungle for a troop of cowards! If you want to find them so bad, Vegeta then why don't you go and find their encampment yourself."

Vegeta laughed, "Do you know how much easier this would be if you would just request more scouters from

Lord Frieza."

"I told you we have no need for…"

"Quiet," Vegeta cut in, "I have no liking for your cowardice. You won't contact Frieza because you don't want him to know you've failed him. That those weakling Phoenix have beaten your army down to but a few soldiers. And to add to that, not a single scouter remains intact!"

"Fine then Vegeta," Zarbon huffed exasperated, "you go and find the enemy encampment yourself, but I'm not going to send the men out with you. You think you are so competent? Then you go and defeat the army by yourself!"

Much to Zarbon's surprise Vegeta simply smirked and nodded his head. The prince stepped calmly out of the general's tent and headed silently into the jungle. Zarbon simply shook his head. The Phoenix would be doing him a favor if they took care of that one.

~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~

Well now what did you all think? I know, I know I should be working on my other ficcy's but Hey I got inspired ^^;;;

Please review, cause if you don't Baruh-chan shall be forced to whomp you with the "Almighty Mallet of Doom!" plus I wont give you the next chapter, which is nearly complete…