Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Fight For Change ❯ Savior ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
**********

Bulma had been to the grocery store, for she was planning to make dinner that night. Since Yamcha had now come to live with them after his house had caught on fire, she wanted to provide a real meal for them and make everyone feel like family. After all, there are only so many instant dinners that you can eat before getting tired of them. She walked on and admired the sun setting in front of her; the colors were the most beautiful that she’d seen in a sunset in a long time. So, there she was, at least five bags of groceries in hand, standing on the corner of the huge intersection three blocks from her family home waiting to cross the street, when a man came up behind her and grazed her butt.

At first, she didn’t think anything of it, but when the man continued to touch her, she quickly thanked the light for turning and crossed the street. But that didn’t end it; the man continued to follow her. Now Bulma was starting to get a little scared. She wished that someone were there. Maybe she should have asked Yamcha to go with her. Her mother had offered to come along, but she did not want her to come. She was just a stupid young woman still embarrassed to be seen with her mother. But now, her friends, even the stupid jerk Vegeta would be comfort.

The man got close, he tried to grab Bulma, but she ran away. Then, two strong arms wrapped around her and she tried to free herself, but her struggle was in vain. The ground hit her shoulder very hard, and the man held her to the ground, creating bruises that would soon cause her unbearable pain, if she lived to feel that pain that is. He held her shoulder to the ground with these huge hands, and as she jerked trying to get out from under him, the rough, rocky ground cut her skin.

“No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” She screamed. Although she was nothing compared to the Sayjins or Yamcha, or any of the other z-fighters, Bulma could put up a decent fight for herself, but being between the guy and the floor, she was backed into a corner when it came to getting loose.

But the guy was lifting off of her. She could feel air coming back into her lungs, the weight coming off of her diaphragm. It felt so good to breathe again. Now was her chance, the guy was probably getting ready to get her money or do... other things, thinking that she was helpless. But she would kick this guy’s ass.

Upon looking up, her foot met thin air when it should have gone into the man’s stomach. The guy wasn’t looming over her like she thought he would be, instead, he was lying on the ground over on the other side of the alley.

“How did that happen?” Bulma asked herself. She tried to get up and go over to see what had happen to the man, but she was unable to. Her body hurt all over. The man’s weight had been on it for some time while she struggled against him and the ground, why wouldn’t it hurt? But she had to get up. So Bulma stood, a little shaky, and limped towards the man. He wasn’t moving, but he was breathing. Still, there was a bunch of blood around the man. Someone must’ve torn him up pretty badly in so little time...
Bulma just wanted to go home; she turned around and headed towards her bags. Her skirt was filthy and ripped because of the encounter, and she was very looking forward to a long bath when she reached home, if she reached home. Her body hurt so much. But thankfully that guy stopped, or someone stopped that guy. No telling what he would’ve done.

But Bulma wasn’t going to make it home on her own. She still walked towards her bags, which she had dropped in the process of struggling and being forced to the ground. Bulma tripped on her way there and fell to the ground. How was she going to get up, how was she going to get home?

Something moved in the shadows just then. Bulma’s head shot up and tried to focus the darkness around her. Since the sun had gone down, it had gotten quite dark, and even with really good eyesight Bulma was having trouble deciphering the objects from each other.

But she noticed who this person was. As soon as he walked out from the shadows into the dim moonlight, Bulma could make out the fiery silhouette of Vegeta’s hair. This brought a small smile to her lips. He had been to one to save her. Even though they didn’t get along, Bulma knew they respected each other. After living with one another for so long, who wouldn’t. That was the reason he saved her.

Vegeta stopped over Bulma and stared down at her. Ebony eyes met sapphires that shown in the moonlight. He bent down and picked Bulma up. Then he placed the bags of groceries on her stomach and flew into the sky.

Bulma didn’t exactly fly very much in her time of living. On some occasions, yes, but not this high, or at night, or with the lack of flying machine to encase her. So, it was fair to say that she was a little scared. She bent up and wrapped her arms around the first thing that she could find with her hands. It was Vegeta’s neck, but he didn’t seem to mind. Bulma didn’t know because her eyes were closed. If she kept them open, they would dry out because they were going so fast.

They’d been flying for a while, but then Bulma felt Vegeta’s feet touch the ground and she opened her eyes to see the lights of her house. But Vegeta didn’t use the front door. As usual, he flew to one of the open windows on the second floor of the house, his way of avoiding people.

Bulma felt her bed contact with her back, but even though it was a bed, it was also a very stiff bed. Bulma’s back and shoulders stung at the contact. She let out a cry of pain.

“What is it, woman?” Vegeta never succeeded when trying to sound a bit concerned. Bulma looked at him, and even though the room was completely dark, the moonlight revealed tears running through her eyes.

“My, my...” Bulma couldn’t get the words out. Her chest still hurt from being pushed into the rocky ground, no doubt the bruising to thank for that. Vegeta lifted up her shirt and took it off. There he noticed all of the bruising that was on her shoulders and chest. Hand prints looked like they were burned into her arms. It boiled anyone’s blood to see someone have all of these injuries all over their bodies. Even Vegeta, who had seen people bloodied up and killed by himself and his men, felt a little rage and sorrow for this woman, which he had somehow come to know and live with.

Vegeta lay Bulma back onto the bed once again and sat there with her for a moment. Bulma grabbed his hand and held onto it. She knew there was nothing that could be done about this pain at that moment so she’d have to grin and bare it. Soon, Bulma fell asleep on her bed. She seemed to bare the pain fine, but still, it was a very frightening experience for her.

He saw that she was asleep. ‘I shouldn’t stay anymore. I have shown enough kindness to this woman tonight to last a lifetime. Why did I follow her anyway. She went alone; she didn’t ask anyone to come along. I just felt like going somewhere, and when I found her I just decided to follow her around.’ He covered her half naked body up with a blanket from her bed and then left.

Bulma awoke very early in the morning. “It’s early... Well, I did go to bed pretty early last night... Ow!” She screamed. Then she looked down and saw all of the bruises. “So it was true... I thought it was all a dream... So Vegeta really did save me from that man. Then he carried me home... and stayed here till I fell asleep. Why would he do that for me? We don’t usually get along very well. I can see why he saved me, but why go to all of the trouble of being nice after that?”

She heard something outside and got up to go look out the window. Her whole body hurt, and she was having trouble walking, so she limped over to the window. She should have known. The gravity room was starting up, noisy as ever. She thought about Vegeta. ‘Will I ever think of him the same again. I always imagined him as a ruthless killer unable to show love or caring towards anyone, even himself. I guess he may not be human, but he still has such emotions.’

“I wonder what everyone else is doing right now?” Bulma hobbled across the room and dawned a long sleeve shirt despite the warm day outside. It was just to cover the bruises that she had received the night before. There wasn’t any reason for anyone else to know about it... Then, with great trouble, Bulma descended the stairs and looked into the kitchen, no one was there. “That’s odd. I can usually find mom in there...” But as she was about to leave the room, Bulma did a double take. She saw a note sitting on the kitchen table.

Picking it up, she read. “Dear Bulma and friends... Your father and I have gone on vacation for a few weeks for the Capsule Corps annual meetings, and we won’t be back for a while. You know your father’s job takes us everywhere! You will probably have to cook for yourselves, unless you order out and please don’t destroy the house too much, the robots can only handle so much! Love you and see you soon! Mom.”

“Man, even in her notes she seems to never take a breath. Well, since they’re gone, I guess that it’ll just be Vegeta, Yamcha, and me. Well, this will be annoying, only having those two around the house. One hits on you, tries to seduce you, and then cheats on you, and the other just doesn’t talk, actually he’s never around period. But hey, who’s complaining, I don’t really care about either of them...”

‘What to do today? Well, I’ve got to take that bath. Nothing is going to heal these bruises better, except for maybe a sensu bean, but who has one of those around here?’ Bulma was just standing in the kitchen, note in hand, when she heard the front door open. Walking into the living room, Bulma spotted Yamcha coming through. But there was someone behind him. ‘Another girl I bet...’ Bulma was right, though. A beautiful woman walked in behind him, closing the door.

She had dark black hair that came down past her waist and eyes to match. They’d even rival Vegeta. She stood about the same height as Yamcha, but that was probably due tot he monstrous high heels she had on. Then there were the two squares of black fabric that were, as Bulma presumed, once supposed to be clothing. ‘A girl in a tube top and mini skirt, ingredients for a slut, maybe?’

As Bulma looked the girl over, the girl was doing the same to Bulma. Both seemed to judge on appearances. Bulma didn’t even want to imagine what the girl was thinking. She was very self conscious that she was still wearing the dirty skirt from the night before and had, before she came downstairs, thrown on a long sweat shirt that said ‘BLUE’.

“Hey, Bulma!” Yamcha yelled, not trying to hide the obvious fact that he was wasted. “I want you to meet my new girlfriend. This is Miranda. Miranda, this is my very good friend, Bulma. So, Bulma, what happened to you? You look horrible.”

‘Damn the drunk bastard...’ Was all Bulma thought.

“Yeah,” the deep voiced Miranda chimed in. “You look like you were thrown into a ditch or something. What’s the matter, get dumped by another boyfriend?” Yamcha had unmistakably been telling her stories of all her past relations.

“As a matter of fact, I was almost raped last night!” Bulma went into defense mode.

“By who?” Yamcha asked, leaning to the wall for support.

“I don’t know! If I did, I would’ve kicked his ass! But...”

“How’d you get away”

“...” Bulma muttered something under her breath.

“What was that Bulma?” Yamcha yelled, thinking she was deaf.

“Vegeta kicked the guy’s ass. I think he was just in the neighborhood when I got attacked, or something like that.” Bulma turned around and limped out of the room. She didn’t feel much like talking about last night’s incident.

“So Yamcha, who’s this Vegeta guy?” Miranda asked.

“Just this jerk guy that lives here with us. He doesn’t come around much, just trains and fights all of the time.”

“Oh, sounds mysteriously cute. You should introduce me sometime. Come on, tiger. Show me your room...” Miranda grabbed Yamcha’s shirt collar and dragged the drunk man down the hall.

Meanwhile, Vegeta had busied himself in the gravity room training to keep his mind from wandering. Not like he put much thought into anything anyways. But the thing was, last night bothered him.

‘It’s not the fact that I saved Bulma from... well, I saved her. That doesn’t matter. But, as I was tearing the guy from her body, I felt like a sayjin again. I felt like powering up and going on another murdering spree. The feel of fighting that guy, the best part was that I got to hurt him. I want to feel that again. I want to kill again! His blood felt so good on my hands; it smelled so good to my senses.’

Vegeta laughed to himself, hearing it bounce off of the gravity room’s walls. Fighting was his life. It was his fuel. He could not understand how someone like that Yamcha or the baldy could stand to be so weak. He had whipped them before, he could do it again.

Meanwhile, Bulma had left the room, bothered by that girlfriend of the week, Miranda. The name described her so much. It sounded different, and even kind of sexy sluttish. But maybe it was just her. Maybe she still wasn’t over her breakup with Yamcha. But she didn’t want to think about that. She still had a little trouble walking. He legs hurt just like her arms, back, and chest. No doubt they had bruises on them as well.

She hobbled over to the downstairs bathroom, not keen on climbing the stairs to go to the one in her own room. Bulma stood in front of the mirror and peeled of her clothing, hissing as it ran over her injuries. The marks weren’t horrible looking, but they still looked bad because of the quantity. A purple blob here and there over her back, and a few huge ones over her chest.

As she stepped into the huge tub of steaming water, she relished in the feeling of warm water over her flesh. It felt good, the clean feeling. For some reason, after the experience, she felt dirty. It was as it her pride was smothered or hurt.

The sun stayed behind the clouds all day long, much representing Bulma’s depressed mood. She lay in her bed, much liking the idea of her not moving for a while. And since she was finished with school and had no present projects to complete, there was nothing else for her to do. So, there she lay listening to the sounds coming through her open window. The birds, the wind through the trees, and the gentle, soothing hum of the gravity room.

It seemed to always be on, Vegeta was always training. So why did he save her? How was it that he was out that night, at the exact time? How did he just happen to be along when she got attacked? She didn’t know, but asking wouldn’t help.

And what about that Miranda girl? Bulma got weird vibes about her. Yamcha sure liked her, but he liked almost all girls, especially the drunk ones.

If only Bulma knew that her intuition was right. Miranda was something else, and from what she got from Yamcha, she had something up her sleeve. That morning, after her night with Yamcha, Miranda had gone downstairs and gotten something out of the fridge to eat. (Makes herself at home doesn’t she?) At that time, she noticed a humming noise coming from the backyard. There was a glorious piece of machinery sitting there. But that wasn’t what was so great about it. It was the hunk of man emerging from it.

‘He is quite a fine specimen, isn’t he? This must be that Vegeta that Yamcha was talking about. But I do sense a little tension in him. It is tied to that window up there on the second floor.’ She could see a line of connection tied to him and that room. ‘Well, let’s see what occupies that room, what causes him so much frustration and madness.’

She ascended the stairs trying to figure her way around the place. Until seeing Vegeta, Miranda didn’t think that anyone else was awake. Coming to the upstairs hall, Miranda sensed which door was tied to her new interest. It was the third on the left. Peeking inside she saw a room decorated in blue, and in the bed, she noticed a figure that curved under the bed sheet. It had blue hair. ‘Aoi. Must be Bulma. Shall we see what kind of bond this is between those two? I think we shall.’ Miranda continued to walk on downstairs once again.

I guess that you could call Miranda one of those people that liked to mess with peoples’ lives. Sleep around, use her abnormal powers and woman’s attraction to snag her prey. That was her. A real gold digger, she was. ‘Once Bulma is out of the way, Vegeta will have nothing in this world whether frustration, tension, or even love. Then I can be free to steal a part of his soul just as every other man that has fallen victim to me has been subjected to. This’ll be fun. He has a powerful ki. One, that if obtained, could make me more powerful than ever, and I can finally have my revenge against this puny earth!’

Crazy bitch...

Vegeta, totally oblivious to Yamcha’s new girlfriend, and the fact that she was plotting world destruction, was still in the GR as he had not left it the previous night. It was hard enough being around the woman under usual circumstances, but after he had saved her, he didn’t feel like explaining anything about why he did it. The truth was, and he knew this, that he was in the right place at the right time. Though he did follow her to be in that position. It didn’t matter anyway. He wouldn’t talk about it. The sayjin prince should not stoop to explaining anything to meer human weaklings.

So, as he thought non-stop about all of this, still wondering why he lingered on the subject so long, Vegeta was struck down with one of the ki blasts that he shot a moment before. It had bounced off of a few robots and then shot right at him. He fell to the ground, not quite expecting that reaction. Fed up with training for the while. He felt a bit hungry and decided to risk going into the kitchen to get a snack. Hopefully she wouldn’t be in there. (A/N: This is where Miranda sees him and then she goes upstairs and misses him while he raids the kitchen, got it? K.)

**********

THX for reading, I may have the next chappy up if anyone wants it. You know what that means, I love reviews, so does everyone, so press that little button and type a few words, I'm sure you're not THAT lazy now, are ya?

see ya later! THX -Tsuyoku-