Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Fight For Change ❯ Lifeless ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ. I wish I did. But you know what they say. 'Wish is one hand and spit in the other and see which one fills up faster.' lol. Well on with the story.

Tsuyoku: Thank you for coming back. I'm happy to be working on this story. By now it's starting to get pretty interesting. Well, please read and review. Maybe if you have any ideas, then you should share...

On With The Story.

************

Miranda placed her ship in a secluded area of the Capsule Corps. backyard as not to be seen by anyone, namely the very unruly Sayjin. Dinner had wound down, followed by a session of watching TV for the earthlings. Miranda, while this was all going on, had worked a bit on one special capsule she'd saved for an event such as this. Inside it contained an older version of a robot that Capsule Corp. had brought out years before. In space, it was hard to find the very valuable source of transport, but Miranda had gotten ahold of a Capsule Corps. capsule and inside had found the older robot; something that didn't happen everyday.

The robot was old, but a very specific version that wasn't recontinued in the future because of its uses and violent nature. When someone got into the robot, it tool over their system and worked on its own to achieve the set goal that it was programed with. Miranda had used her knowledge of the robot and a little hacking into the Earthling Bulma's head to figure out how to program the robot, not to mention install a remote that could control the mecha from the safety of the outside world.

As the robot was finished being modified, and the last of the lights in the house went out, Miranda pushed Yamcha's arm off of her thin waist and then jumped out of bed, putting on a shirt and some shorts. Sneaking upstairs, Miranda entered Bulma's room, only hearing the movement of air as the pressurized door opened to reveal a dim room. The figure sleeping in the bed was tossing and turning as if having a nightmare. 'Let's remedy that. This woman won't be dreaming much anymore. Just pain. Only pain...' She walked across to the bed and then put a soft hand onto her prey's arm. Then as Bulma opened her blue eyes and rolled over to see Miranda, she hadn't enough time to gasp as her scream was muffled by the smell of chloroform filling her wind passage.

Everything went black at that moment. Who knew that she'd wake up in probably the most danger that she'd ever been in and ever would be...

************

Bulma woke up from her unconscious state to find not her soft bed, but the hard, claustrophobia surroundings of some sort of mecha. She automatically assumed the worst, and for good reason. Bulma started to scream her lungs out just in case that someone was near and able to hear her cries of help. She convinced herself that screaming didn't really put her in any danger; whoever had put her in this contraption obviously had a reason. She was alive for now. But the problem was, was anyone hearing her? How long would her voice last before it started to get weak. Bulma began to panic a bit. She wasn't used to the tight spaces and she rustled around in the metal work trying to find an out. But the fact that her legs and arms were stretched out didn't help. It was as if she was in some sort of body suit. A sort of enhancing robot that one could control. But she couldn't think straight at this moment. She was too afraid.

Then, she heard a little noise outside whatever she was in, and then she started to scream even louder. It wasn't until the whole front of the pod opened that she saw Miranda standing there in all her evil. Bulma would hopped out and killed that bitch right then and there if it weren't for the straps on both her arms and legs holding her in place.

"Congratulations, Bulma. You will be my vessel to complete my plan." She smiled at the look she got from Bulma. It was a look of confused horror. Bulma didn't know what was going on, but it certainly wasn't good. "As you probably haven't noticed in your state of certain panic, don't worry it's usual, you are in SIKE Robot. Your company made these, you know. Discontinued because of a danger to society and now are licensed only to the military when they ask."

"What are you doing with one of these? Civilians aren't supposed to have these. How did you get a hold of one? What are you going to use me for?" Bulma's voice was a little hoarse and she could already feel it begin to contract and burn. What wouldn't she give short of her life now for a glass of water.

"Quiet." Miranda's sadistic smile faded. "Now, you will listen and listen well. I'm not going to tell you anything. I've seen these 'movies' you Earthlings make where the villain tells the hero(ine) all the details about their operation and then they get away to foil the plan. I'm not that stupid. But know this; I'm not human. And I'm not a force to be reckoned with."

"But what do you have against me? At least answer me that."

"Who said I had anything against you?" Miranda said as she began to close the door on Bulma. As the shadows one again covered Bulma's face, all Miranda heard was Bulma whispering one name.

"Vegeta..."

************

Meanwhile, while world destruction was being planned and everything was going downhill. Vegeta was training as usual in the GR. Once again it was the onna that plagued his thoughts. Nothing that he did could stop her from coming into his mind and looking at him with her beautiful blue eyes. 'Even when she's not around me, that onna still keeps me from training.' Vegeta thought. But he still couldn't shake the feeling that something bad could be happening. He could somehow feel that something wasn't right with the woman. 'Besides her screeching...?' With the sarcastic personality emerging and saying something, well, sarcastic, Vegeta tried once again to thrust the woman from his thoughts once and for all. And unfortunately, this time he managed.

A few minutes later, something happened to once again remind him of his ominous feeling that overcame him earlier. A loud noise penetrated the walls of the GR, and it sounded like something tried to smash into the walls of his training facility, but failed through the very thick metal and wires that surrounded him. Instantly, Vegeta jumped out of the GR to find a large robot like contraption roaming around the backyard. He instantly jumped up to attack it, not wanting to go into his SSJ form unless he really had to. When his leg crashed into the top of it, the thing fell over but then jumped right back up and smashed into the upstairs part of the house.

This being early morning, Vegeta knew that Bulma couldn't have gotten up yet and feared that she'd actually been hurt. And by the looks of the house, Bulma could be beyond repair. Vegeta didn't know why he was concerned. He knew that it had something to do with the fact that he'd been seeing her face in his head so many times a day for the past year.

Vegeta powered up and went into his SSJ instantly, not knowing of the smile that he was rewarded with coming out of the trees near the back of the yard. Miranda knew that this was going as planned. He was going to attack and then commit the biggest mistake he'd ever done in his existence. Then he'd be up to his neck in the trap she's set. 'Revenge..'

************

Vegeta tore at the machine with his fists. Bulma could see exactly what the robot was seeing. The machine was using her body as a life source. She felt the pain. She felt the blows and fists that Vegeta shoved at it. She saw the emotions cross his face. Bulma saw that Vegeta could feel emotions just like Earthlings did. And right now he was really feeling pain. But she didn't know why. For the first time in so long, Bulma wanted to hug Vegeta with her small arms and tell him that it would be alright. For once, she'd like to be the one protecting him. But she knew that Vegeta would never submit to her. Or ever allow her to say such words to him. If only...

Bang! Bulma screamed louder than she'd ever screamed in her life. "VEGETA! PLEASE, STOP PLEASE!" Bulma pleaded. She felt blood trickling down the side of her forehead and she began to feel a bit faint from the pain and from screaming. "Vegeta, please... st..op..." She managed before her eyes fluttered closed and her body was still.

"Life signs, yes. But it seems she is already unconscious. Tsk Tsk I thought she had more stamina than that. Oh well. Time to go." She flipped a switch on the control she'd made to be able to alter the movements of the robot. She could see it open from her spot in the tree and then the robot then fall to its knees showing Vegeta the full show of his work.

'What?' Vegeta thought. Bulma was not moving. Why was she in this thing in the first place? What happened? Suddenly, just looking at her like that in the state she was in, Vegeta felt a pain in his heart. He dropped to his knees in a position like the robot's and just stared at the ground. For how long, he didn't know. But it wasn't until he looked up again to find that Bulma was gone. Standing leaning on the robot, however, he saw Miranda. She smirked, a smirk mirroring his. One that showed an 'I win' sort of look.

"Hi Vegeta." She started. "I told you that I was stronger than you before the fight yesterday. I told you I could beat you. You didn't think that I could. Is that why you fought me? To beat me and try and fill the void in your mind? Because I know you have this constant nagging in the back of your mind. It reminds you day after day that you will never beat that other Sayjin. The only other Sayjin. And now look what's become of you?" She stopped seeing the growing anger in Vegeta's face. "What's wrong. I know you are not the one to hold any anger back. I probed that young woman's mind, Vegeta. I know everything about you."

Vegeta jumped to her. "Sorry, Vegeta, but there is another in this universe that you could never beat!" His fist looked as though it would collide with her face within seconds, but the impact never happened. Instead of launching her small body through the air, Vegeta felt frozen. "You can't touch me Vegeta." A blue essence filtered from the invisible aura around her. It hovered over his skin and prevented him from moving. He felt pain. He felt the veins begin to pop out of his forehead. He had trouble breathing. it was as if life itself was vacating his body. The blue aura then swept over his figure once more before returning to Miranda.

Vegeta felt one last surge of energy. His hair went golden yellow for one second before flashing back into it's ebony form. His eyes were black orbs, then azure, then once again black. This time seeming lifeless. His hollow body then collapsed onto the ground. He couldn't move. He couldn't see. He couldn't hear. He could only feel what was left of his life and what was left of his pain.

Miranda walked past his body, then past the unconscious body of Bulma on the ground a few feet from her house mate's. Looking back once again at Earth, she turned to walk leisurely back to her ship, but felt a small tug on her ankle. "What do you want?" Miranda said as she looked down onto a groggily Bulma. All Bulma could do was make a small whisper that even Miranda couldn't have understood. Kicking Bulma's appendage off of her leg, Miranda continued back to her pod and began to launch for space.

Bulma got on her hands and knees and crawled to Vegeta's body. The bruises she could feel coming on now joined with those that she'd had from that attack seemed to be both working against her. "Vegeta?" She managed a small whisper. She put her hands on his shoulders, shaking his forma a bit. He would move, he wouldn't breath. 'Wait, he's not breathing!?!' Bulma noticed. She rolled him onto his back and then tried to check for any life signs, but there were none. "Breathe Vegeta, please breathe!" Bulma pleaded, but she felt that her pleads weren't enough. "Miranda, what have you done?" Bulma looked at the barely noticeable ship in her backyard. 'What do I do?'

In a burst of smoke, the ship began to launch. Bulma squinted her eyes at the smoke stinging them. 'I have to follow her.' Bulma eyed the grounds for a ship, but she saw none. 'The GR. I know about it. I could take it...'

She crawled into the ship. The door was open from when Vegeta rushed out in a hurry. She entered it and closed the doors. Pushing her fingers into the keyboard, Bulma managed to deactivate the high gravity level before turning it on. Then setting the co-ordinates for the GR to follow the smaller pod that had previously taken off, Bulma collapsed onto the floor of the GR and felt the Earth and the GR separate. Bulma didn't know how long it would take, but she was going to follow Miranda. While the ship flew to wherever it was going, Bulma found herself some pain killers and a nice sweating Vegeta smelling bed to lay and rest on for the trip outside Earth's atmosphere; farther than she'd ever gone before.

************

Tsuyoku: I like this chappy, it gets things going. It was really going to be a completely different story from the robot shutting down and on, but I felt that Bulma being the one to take action was in the better interests. I'll have four up whenever. Very soon tho. R&R even if you have already. THX -Tsuyoku-