Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The First Day of the Rest of My Life ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ or any of the characters therein.

"Look at me!" said the blue-haired beauty out loud to anyone who would listen. Unfortunately there was no one who heard. She looked around a little embarrassed that she had spoke out loud. Her thoughts were so jumbled at that point. She took a long drag on her cigarette. "yes, tomorrow I am going to get a dog." She thought to herself. As long as you feed and care for it, a dog will never cheat on you.

She had never been so humiliated as today when she saw her boyfriend with his tongue down the throat of that blonde bimbo. How could he? Bulma heard the phone ring. She went to see who it was on the caller ID. Sure enough it was Yamcha, again. This made 12 times he had tried to call since she got home from her hair appointment. "I have nothing to say to you!" she shouted at the phone. It stopped ringing. Hopefully he wouldn't leave a message this time.

There she sat for an hour, pouring over the ads for dogs and smoking cigarettes. Eventually she went inside and poured herself a vodka and grapefruit, mostly vodka. She looked at the clock. It was about time for him to show up and she hadn't even started cooking anything. "wait a minute, what do I care. He is a male and I am not real happy with the male species right now." She said out loud. She went back outside and sat down at the table on the deck. There she sat, stewing about the day's events, until he showed up.

His smell preceded him. She looked up from the magazine she was reading to see the face of the Prince of Sayains staring back at her. "Can't you take a shower before coming down to eat?"

He raised an eyebrow at her, hands folded over his bare chest. "My smell never bothered you before." He said back to her.

"It has always bothered me." She replied. "I just never told you before now, because right now I don't really care about anything, least of all the male species."

She was obviously angry with that moron boyfriend of hers. Vegeta was use to it. He loved it when she was like this. He loved pissing her off. He sat down very close to her personal space, knowing it would upset her to no end. He stared at her.

She in turn took a long drag on her cigarette and blew it right in his face. He smirked. She was mad, he thought. She was always very careful not to blow smoke in his face because she knew he didn't like it. "Is this a 2 pack argument you had with the moron?" he retorted back at her.

She glared at him. How she wished she could just smack that smirk off his face, but she knew no good would come of hitting him. He would probably stop her hand before it even made it to his face. It was a pleasant thought though. He picked up her glass and sniffed to see what it was she was drinking. He looked at her again. "none of your business what I am drinking." She said and took the glass back and tossed a gulp down her throat. "If you really must know, it is over between Yamcha and me."

Vegeta looked at her skeptically. "For how long this time?" he said.

"Forever!" Bulma spat back at him. "He has cheated on me for the last time. Tomorrow I am going to buy a dog. I am going to make a fresh start. Clean slate. No more men in my life. It is all about Bulma now!" she said.

She sounded serious. What had he done this time? Vegeta knew Yamcha had cheated on her, but she always forgave him. This is why he had decided that she was the stupidest human on this planet. Stupid for staying with the moron and stupid for letting him treat her that way. "If I let you tell me what happened, will you fix some food?" Food was all this human Bulma was good for. She was amusing though. Vegeta knew all to well that she loved to talk.

She glared at him. "Since when did I become you maid and cook?" she asked. How dare she expect him to cook for him when she felt this way.

"You always cook for me. Why should I expect anything different?" he retorted back to her.

All at once, time stood still. Bulma felt those words ring in her head over and over. Why should he expect anything different? That is what she always did. She always did whatever he asked. At first she was scared that he would hurt her if she didn't do what he asked. Now she did whatever he asked because………she wanted to. It hit her hard that no matter what a man asked her to do, any man, she just did it without question. How did she get here? How did she get so low. Whether it was the alcohol, cigarettes, or being so close to the Prince of Sayain's body odor, or the body itself, a wave of nausea came over her. She abruptly stood up and stumbled her way into the kitchen attached to the deck. She went over to the sink and ran the cold water and splashed it on her face.

Vegeta wondered what was wrong with the human. All he wanted was something to eat. He followed behind her and saw her doubled over the sink. He knew any minute she would start talking and he would have to listen to her endless dribble about how the moron had done whatever he did.

Bulma composed herself and stood up straight. She looked right at the Sayain. Their eyes locked for what seemed like an eternity before she finally spoke. "I am not fixing anything for you until you take a shower." She said matter-of-factly. She could hardly believe the words had come out of her mouth. She told him to do something. How would he react? Would he kill her?

He stood there for a minute taking in what she had just said. Did she just order me to take a shower? How dare this human woman tell me what to do. He opened his mouth to say something mean in return, but their eyes locked again. He stopped himself. They stared at each other, really seeing each other for the first time since he had come to live on this planet. He walked out of the room and started stomping up the stairs.

Bulma realized that she hadn't breathed since the words came out of her mouth. She finally let the air out that she had been holding in and felt a little dizzy. She put her hand on the edge of the sink to steady herself from falling over. Yes, today was the first day of the rest of her life. She composed herself and heard her stomach growling. Perhaps drinking on an empty stomach was not such a good idea. She walked over to the refrigerator and opened the door. As she was staring at the contents, Vegeta walked back into the room. "Woman! I am going to take a shower, but not because you want me to. I am doing it because I would have after eating and since I have some time to kill before my meal is ready, I am doing it now. Do you understand what I am saying?"

Bulma looked at him. "OK." Was all she said. She smiled at him. He was the one glaring now. She had better understand what I am saying, he thought. I would never do anything because this pathetic human wanted me to. She had better know that right now. He stormed out of the room. She stared into the refrigerator. Her mind was racing 100 miles per hour. Thoughts of Yamcha and the blonde and the years she had wasted, and the Sayain. Ten minutes passed as she stared into the fridge before she snapped back into reality. She shut the fridge and picked up the phone and ordered pizza. He would have to settle for that, she thought.

Fifteen minutes later the pizza arrived. Five boxes. Four and a half for him and half for her. She paid for the pizza and gave the delivery boy a nice tip. She brought the boxes into the kitchen and started eating. A little while later Vegeta strolled in. He sat down next to her, not as close this time. She leaned over and smelled his scent. "Much better." She said.

He looked at her and grunted. Like it was any of her business what I smelled like, he thought.

"Now I can tell you what happened." She said. Vegeta rolled his eyes. Her we go, he thought. The endless gibberish this woman spews from her mouth was about to start.

She had gone to get her hair done in the early afternoon that day. She was tired of the perm that she had gotten and wanted to get it relaxed a bit. That night she and Yamcha were suppose to have a nice dinner. He said he had something special planned for tonight. She was sure this was the night he was going to ask her to marry him. What else could it be? As she was sitting under the dryer she glanced up from her magazine out the window. She saw a couple at the café across the street obviously very much in love. They were sitting very close and whispering things into each other's ears and laughing. It was sweet, she thought, until she realized that the man at the table was familiar. She stood up from the dryer and walked over to the window for a closer look. YAMCHA! It was him with another woman. She screamed. Everyone in the salon stopped what they were doing to stare at her. She was mortified. The lady that was doing her hair walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder. "What is it honey?" she said to Bulma. She couldn't speak. All her plans for the evening were shot. He wasn't going to ask her to marry him, and if he was, how could she even look at him after what she just witnessed. The hairdresser took Bulma's arm and helped her back over to the dryer and sat her down. Everyone in the salon went back to what they were doing.

All at once everything sank in. Bulma felt the anger well up in her as it never had before. She got up from the dryer and walked out of the salon, cape, wet hair and all. She walked across the street without even looking at the oncoming traffic. She walked right up to the table where Yamcha and the slut were sitting. She glared at them, hands on her hips, until the girl noticed she was standing there. Yamcha looked away from her and into the eyes of his girlfriend. "Bulma!" he said. "This isn't what you think, really." He said.

How many times had she heard that before. She was beyond mad at this point. "Oh, I see. And if this isn't what I think, than what would it be, Yamcha?" she said.

"Aurora is just a friend. Really, she is just a friend!" was all he could manage to say.

"Just a friend?" said Aurora. "You said I was special!"

"We are all special, honey." Said Bulma. At that moment the hairdresser from the salon managed to make it to where they were. She put her hand on Bulma's shoulder. Bulma turned to look at her. Everyone in the salon was at the window looking at the events going on across the street. This was the lowest point Bulma had ever felt. "So much for our special evening." She said to the couple.

"Babe, we can work this out." Said Yamcha.

Bulma looked at him. He was now standing up in front of her. With every ounce of strength she could muster at that moment, she lifted her hand and smacked him across the face. Everyone in the hair salon cheered.

"I am ready to finish my hair now." She said to the hairdresser. She was led back across the street and back into the salon. She was taken over to the washing bowl and had her hair washed. They then dried her hair. Her hair was ravishing. Too bad her eyes were bloodshot from her uncontrollable crying. The hairdresser did everything she knew to console her, but it was futile.

She drove home in a daze. Her world had just come crashing down around her.

"So, that is the story." She said to Vegeta. "Tomorrow I am going to get a dog. I am through with men."

Vegeta was on the third pizza at this point. He had only half listened to her story. How this woman could talk. He didn't feel the least bit sorry for her. He was incapable of feeling pity for anyone, least of all her. That human had been stringing her along for as long as he had known her. He knew that the moron had cheated on her. He had witnessed it himself, but never told her. Why should he care what the two of them did.

Bulma poured them both a vodka and grapefruit drink. His had more Vodka than hers. "Here you go." She said to him.

"And what makes you think I would drink that?" he said to her.

"what's the matter, Vegeta? Are you afraid of a drink?"

"I fear nothing!" he shouted back at her. She was pushing her luck with him this evening and he had enough of it. He took a big gulp of the concoction she had made him.

What happened next would change both of their lives forever.