Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Kaioshin Saga: Story 1: Silver Wishes ❯ Chapter 7: Unable to Stay, Unwilling to Leave ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Silver Wishes

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the original characters (if any) and the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter Seven: Unable to Stay, Unwilling to Leave

"No, he can not stay here any longer!" The Dai Kaioshin bellowed as he paced in front of the four people that stood right outside his palace. I stood off to the side from them, watching the East Kaioshin narrow his eyes at the Dai, his hands balling into fists. I didn't know who the other three people were, but I figured that they were also Kaioshins that he was talking about, but which ones were they?

"You didn't let me finish what I was about to say sir. This may be part of the universe's future. If we let him get into the hands of the Majins....." The East Kaioshin said before he was interrupted by the only female present among the five.

"Majins you say? Since when would Majins be interested in a planet's war?" She demanded, turning her head towards the one next to her.

"I don't know why they would interfere, but from what I found out, doing so would probably give them the advantage in overtaking other planets and destroying them."

"Like how?" The Dai demanded, stopping his pacing as he stood right in front of the East Kaioshin, who in turn pointed directly at me. I backed up just a bit, gulping as I did since I had no idea as to what was going on.

"This child has a healing power that was somewhat brought out on his own without the formal training that would create this. Perhaps over time it would make it even stronger with that training, but that is not the concern right now. You all also know how Majin possession works. It brings out the power from within someone that didn't know that they had it. If Kibito's healing power wasn't brought out by Majins, and untold numbers of his species were, just think how useful they would be to the Majins."

"The Majins are a powerful band of Wizards," Another Kaioshin spoke up, rolling his eyes just a bit. "They really don't need a bunch of healers to do what they need to do. Eventually they will get rid of this species once they have no more use for them."

"From the many observations we have of how Majins are, sometimes their magic doesn't always protect them as they like. Sometimes it takes one small mistake to destroy their bodies, and kill them eventually if not right away. Perhaps a whole species of healers wouldn't be so bad after all," The last Kaioshin muttered, nodding just a bit. "Even after their usage runs out, there is bound to be someone along the lines that will steal that power and give it to the Majin race. Perhaps it is best to keep the child here longer until we can figure out something to do."

"I noticed that your bodyguard wasn't with you," The Dai snapped as he changed the subject, moving his gaze solely upon the East Kaioshin himself. "Where is he?"

"Unfortunately, he chose a different life then the one on this planet," The Kaioshin replied, lowering his gaze. "He is on the planet, doing whatever he pleases, and I don't care one bit."

"Not only are you willing to go up against my orders yet again, but your own assistant is now turned against you. Do you realize how much danger this puts us all in if this child stays on this planet?"

"We would still would be in danger. Not only does Akira know where this planet is, but also he has direct access to it at any time he chooses. You know that all Kaioshins and their assistants must know how to use that technique. So, no matter what happens, we will be in danger at all times."

"When aren't we in danger?" One of the other Kaioshins asked in defense. "Every time that we go off of this planet, there is that fear that something will happen that we have no control over. We may be the highest Gods in the universe, but we aren't immune to everything."

"Too true, but that isn't a factor in this situation," The Dai sighed, turning towards me. I lowered my gaze, my hands going behind my back as I waited for the final ruling of this matter. I already knew that I wasn't going to be able to stay here even if I was destined to help the universe. Perhaps the paths that I had to choose from was not just Death and Living, but either choosing Death pathway or the down the Majin path. Perhaps I was supposed to die instead of helping these so-called wizards. I didn't know. Maybe death was better then living in the hell of life. "I am sorry, Kibito. I can't allow you to stay here when the whole planet is threatened by this. I will have to find a place where you will be safe from this."

"And, until then, he will stay with me," The East Kaioshin brought up.

"No, he will stay with no one on this planet. There is....."

"Then just send me back to my planet where you won't have to worry about me," I said, ,raising my head up to face them all. Each Kaioshin turned their gazes towards me, everyone but the East Kaioshin surprised that I would say that. "If you really don't want these Majins to destroy your planet, then just hand me over to them. I'd probably die as soon as they get their hands on me, then I wouldn't have to trouble you at all."

"It is not that you are troubling us, it is just that....."

"I am not wanted here, and I should be sent of like I was nothing but a piece of trash," I snapped, my eyes narrowing. I wanted to cry at that moment, but the tears of sorrow had long since dried up, and now a hollow feeling was left inside of me. "Some promise you gave me, East Kaioshin. I knew that I couldn't trust you."

Before any one of them could say another thing to me, I turned around and began to run towards who knows where. I knew that they could easily find me on this planet, but at that moment, I didn't care. I just wanted to get away from them as fast as I could and not look back.

"Don't go after him," I heard the Dai say to someone, but I didn't bother to look back at whom he said it to. I stared straight ahead, the hollow feeling never leaving me.

****

I didn't know where I was or how long I had been there, but it seemed like hours had passed since I had run off. The wind around me started to cool the air down more then it had earlier, the heat from the suns going off of the rock that I had been sitting behind for the longest time, slightly crying. I didn't feel sorry for myself, but for the Kaioshins that had to deal with me. I was putting each of them through this and it was my fault for them having to figure out what to really do with me. All I asked from them was to take me back to the place that wanted me dead so that I wouldn't have to live in misery any longer. I had lost everything that I had loved in the last few days and wished that my life would just end now. It wasn't worth living anymore.

I let out a small sob as I wiped a tear off of my face, my now pain-filled eyes going up to the blue sky as I leaned up against the rock. I still was waiting for the sounds of the wars to come back as with the endless fighting that had been going on. This planet still seemed like it was part of my imagination that was playing an awful trick on me and that I was really back on my own planet, doing whatever it took to survive. Even if it was a trick, I still had to survive in an unknown plane of fear that wanted to push me out of the way forever.

"Kibito? Kibito?" I heard two voices call out as one, each coming from one direction. I blinked my eyes, at first not knowing who it was, then I remembered that there were other Kaioshin on this planet other then the East Kaioshin himself. I pressed my body even harder against the rock, hoping that neither would see me. I slowed down my breath so that they wouldn't hear it, just like my bother had taught me so long ago, as I slightly felt someone climb onto the rock behind me. I stared up to find that the woman Kaioshin was standing there, her hands on her hips as she looked around from her perch. It was only a matter of time before she lowered her gaze and smiled as soon as her eyes looked upon me.

"There you are," She said playfully, tilting her head to the side. I was thankful that she was wearing the same thing as the other Kaioshins so that I wouldn't actually see anything, but the way that she was looking down at me made my cheeks burn. "Time to go back."

"I am not going back there," I told her as I watched her jump down from the rock and sit down a few feet away. She still had her head tilted to the side as she stared at me with semi-narrowed eyes.

"There is something about you, Kibito, that is making me wonder why on Kaioshin-Kai anyone would make you go back into whatever hell you came from," She said, her eyes moving over me like she was trying to burn the image of me into her brain. "From what the East Kaioshin told us, it sounds like you haven't had a good life. Maybe we can make it better by....."

"Like I said, I am not going back there."

"Back where?"

"Back to wherever the rest of the Kaioshin are meeting at. I know that once I get there, the Dai is just going to send me off planet so that he can make sure that this planet is safe from anyone."

"Kibito, listen," The Kaioshin said, moving closer to me as she reached out and took one of my hands. "The East Kaioshin has always been someone who gets too involved with things in the Lower Realms. He doesn't think that it will cause any danger to us because no one knows that we actually exist. There are few if any outsiders, besides the lesser Gods beneath us and most of Heaven and Hell, that know who we are. The Dai Kaioshin just wants to make sure that we all are safe so that the universe can be a safe place too even if he doesn't have all the information right in front of him."

"Then why not just kill me? It would be easier on everyone just to do that,"I grumbled, wanting to move away from her, but found myself being slightly drawn to her despite the fact that I was only a child. I couldn't explain what it was nor could I push it away.

"Despite the fact that he may be harsh at times, the Dai wouldn't kill anyone. In fact, killing anything on this planet is forbidden, and one of the few things that the rest of the Kaioshins agree with. We are mostly peaceful but cruel when we have to be."

"Then use that cruelness to kill me off this planet. It isn't so hard to do," I told her, yanking my hand out of her grasp as I stood up. I turned around and was about to leave when another figure rounded the rock that I had been hiding behind. I looked up to see that it was another Kaioshin, his eyes blinking towards me.

"I see that you found him. Good," He said as the other Kaioshin stood up as well.

"Yes, and he still seems to have that 'I want to die' drive that the East so carefully explained to us about," She replied, walking up behind me. I glanced over my shoulder at her before looking back at the other.

"I guess we can take him back to the Dai so that he can figure out what to do with him."

"No. Not yet. Give this child a little while longer to be here. It isn't like he is ready to back anyways."

"But you know what the Dai wants to do."

"And it is a death sentence waiting for him no matter where we take him," She countered quickly. "No where in this universe is safer then here. Whoever wants him will have to come after him, and then they will find him on that planet."

"Yes, but they will also find him here."

"But as least he Majins or the ones that they possess wouldn't be able to set foot here. Many wouldn't survive five minutes because they will have to rely on their few minions and magic to do what they want to do. Besides, I doubt any evil or others could exist here without us knowing."

"Can you please stop arguing over me?" I demanded, turning my body sideways and putting my hands up towards the two, one in each direction. "I really don't care what you want to do with me, but I think it would be best just to give me to them. That way, no one will have to be in danger, and I will be out of your way."

"I see what the East Kaioshin said about him having no concern for his own life," The Kaioshins both muttered at the same time, looking at each other with a sigh.

"Damn right."

"How about this?" The female Kaioshin said, kneeling down next to me as she wrapped her arms around my waist. Before I could complain or move out of her grasp, she effortless picked me up, and placed me under one of her arms. "You go tell the Dai that we found Kibito and that he is with me. Tell him that I am not giving him up without a fight. He is, after all, a child, and I can see that he isn't the best one to shove onto another planet right about now."

"Like I said before, don't bother yourself with me," I grumbled, squirming under her arm.

"Oh, hush. The East Kaioshin is more worried about you then the rest of us and that is not saying that we aren't concerned with you," She said as her feet left the ground as the Kaioshin lifted herself into the air. She started to move into the West direction before her head turned towards the other, who also took flight.

"Why should it be me that tells him?" He demanded as he floated there, his arms crossed over his chest. The woman Kaioshin laughed as she turned her head forwards, her eyes gleaming in the sunlight.

"Because you are the only one that can talk some sense into the Dai!" She said before zooming away from the other. Right then I knew that this was just the beginning of another long day.

****

We had remained silent throughout the hour that it took us to get to her palace, the wind whipping in my face as it pushed back my hair. She flew faster then the other Kaioshin was, and that wind was stinging my face more so then before. I guess it was also do to the fact that I was facing completely forwards as I was still tucked under her arm. In a matter of time, we were now in front of another palace as she gently placed me down onto the ground once she had landed herself onto the grass. As she took her hands away from my body, my eyes looked up in awe at the palace that sat before us. It was roughly the same size as the East Kaioshin's, yet the marble and stone that it was made from seemed to be more brighter and less dirty then the other's was.

"Welcome to the West Kaioshin's palace," She said brightly, walking around me as she stepped towards the palace.

"You're the West Kaioshin?" I asked, following her. I didn't know why I was going after her, but something was compelling me to do so even if my body didn't want to comply.

"Yes, I am. The one that was with me is the South Kaioshin and the last remaining one is the North," She told me as she turned around, placing a single hand on her hip as she smiled at me. I stopped next to her, an eyebrow raised. "I'm sure by now that you have had some contact with the East Kaioshin."

"Why are you telling me this if I am going to be put somewhere else?" I demanded, re-crossing my arms over my chest.

"The East Kaioshin doesn't let some things die. Besides, there is....." The West Kaioshin's voice trailed off as she dropped her arms to the side before turning in the direction that he had come from.

"What is it?" I asked, turning in the same direction as she was facing. She didn't say at first as she moved her head from side to side like she was looking for something that wasn't there.

"I sense something else is on this planet besides the six of us. Where it is coming form, I can't tell."

"Do you think that it is the Majins?" I asked her, not really looking worried. If I was going to die, I had might as well do it today.

"I don't know, but I want you to get into the palace and stay there. Don't leave for any reason what so ever unless it is with another Kaioshin."

"Why?" I asked as she West Kaioshin lifted herself off of the ground. She hovered there for a moment as her gaze went onto the distant horizon before her attention went onto me briefly.

"It is for your own protection. I don't care where you go as long as you stay inside," She instructed before she rose even higher into the air and flew in the same direction that we had came from, leaving me behind all alone once again.

"Thanks for leaving me alone," I muttered, watching the Kaioshin's figure quickly disappear over the horizon. I stood there for a moment, just staring after her before I sighed and turned around towards her palace. Everything that had happened in the last couple of days seemed to have taken forever to go through, and I knew that this was only the beginning of a long process that would take even longer to complete. Perhaps, I thought to myself as I walked the rest of the way to the palace, I'm just dreaming this. I'll be awake before I know it and back into the hell that I call home.

Whatever this was, it was sure one hell of a long dream.

****

Once I had entered the West Kaioshin's palace, I didn't bother even listening to my stomach since it was growling with hunger. I was so used to being hungry that it didn't register in my mind that I could easily get something to eat in the kitchen. Instead, I stopped in the middle of the entrance room and stared at the flight of stairs that stood in front of me. I was compelled to go up them, but I didn't want any of the Kaioshin's to really have to go on a search for me in this palace.

I stayed where I was, standing there as my eyes looked around the room in awe. Even the East Kaioshin's palace wasn't as nice as the West Kaioshin's was despite the fact that I hadn't seen the rest of the palace. The marble underneath my feet seem to glow more then the marble at the other Kaioshin's and seemed to have one pattern to it. The staircase in front of me spiraled more, going up towards a place only those who lived in there knew of. The entrance room seemed to be bigger and brighter then the East's and more vibrant with color.

"Hello?" I called out, hoping that there was at least another person inside of the palace even if I didn't know that certain being. It would be a lot better then being by myself at a time like this as I didn't know who was going to be coming to take me off of this planet.

I waited several moments for anyone to come, yet no one came. Fear setting into my body, I walked stiffly towards the staircase, my head tilting up towards the top of them. I placed a hand upon it, slowly taking the first couple of steps upwards before my legs made the quick journey up to the next level. With my heart pounding in my chest, I made my way up the stairs to the second level. It was then that I noticed another set of stairs almost adjacent to the ones that I had just came up, but I didn't go towards them. Instead, I wandered onto this level of the palace, my eyes looking around in sheer surprise at the beauty of it. Flowers hung at every which way, silver and gold going along the walls of stone and marble, and several birds gawked at me from their perches.

I ran into a wall as I stared at all of this, the short jolt of pain in my face jolting me out of my day dream. I rubbed the part that I had hit with the wall, my eyes lingering over towards a door way not too faraway from where I was standing. I slowly but surely wandered over towards it, my hand dropping down some as I moved it to the front of my face to make sure that nothing was bleeding. As soon as I got to the doorway, I put both of my hands onto the door frame and peered into the room. It was a large room, about the size of the house that I had lived in, with shelves reaching up towards the ceiling. Ladders went up the shelves, towering over a long couch that sat in front of a half-lit fireplace. Books were placed on these wooden shelves, stacked as high as I could see. A single chair sat under a clear glass window, the light from the sun casting its shadow inside the room.

I moved into the room, my eyes moving along what was in it. When I got to the couch, I placed one hand upon it, my eyes still big with wonder. I hadn't seen so many books in my life before. With the wars going on, there wasn't much to do or anything to go around. Whatever material the families had in their homes was what they had unless they managed to steal things from others too weak to defend against any raids that happened.

I found myself in the next few moments walking along one of the shelves, moving a hand along the books. My eyes looked up towards the looming towers of books, each one a different color and size from the ones next to it. I was amazed that someone would have so many books in one place and probably not be able to read everyone or at least not able to read them all in a single lifetime. There were so many to choose from that one wouldn't know where to begin to read.

I sighed as I moved away from the books and towards the couch once again. I slipped onto the white cushions, a slight chill going over my body. The couch was comfortable to say the least, but not as comfortable as the bed I had slept on the night before. I moved my legs up onto the couch itself, tiredness seeping into my eyes. It must of been the activity that had happened earlier or the palace itself, but I felt more tired then I had the night before. I placed my head onto the armrest, stretching out onto the couch, slowly closing my eyes as I did. I was going to rest my eyes only for a moment before I would go into another room of the palace.

I fell into a deep sleep, ignoring anything and everything that was going on elsewhere.

****

It didn't seem long that I had been sleeping nor did it seem like anyone had to search for me that much. In fact, I didn't even know anyone had found me until several hours later when I awoke to find myself in the arms of someone, my own arms around his neck as he descended the stairs of the West Kaioshin's palace. It was a slow walk in which I probably wouldn't have awoken from except that it was slightly limping, making the ride even bumper then what I would have liked. I hadn't been awake for more then a couple of seconds when my eyes came into a hazy focus and looked upon the half bloody face of the East Kaioshin.

"What in the hell happened?" I grumbled sleepily, not realizing that anything was seriously wrong until the Kaioshin had stopped walking in front of the last four Kaioshins. I lazily turned my head towards them, seeing their tattered clothes and blood moving down their bodies did my eyes snap wide awake.

"They acted quicker then what I thought they would," The Dai Kaioshin said in a horse voice, his eyes looking over towards the two of us. I felt my body being dropped to the ground, my arms going from around the East Kaioshin's neck as he straightened up.

"Who did?" I mumbled, not really wanting the answer as I rubbed my eyes. It didn't seem important to me, but I figured I should find out what was going on anyways.

"The Majins along with Akira," The South Kaioshin replied, holding his arm in a way that it shouldn't be held. I slowly looked around at the other Kaioshins, seeing the pained looks on their faces and their badly blooded clothing. "We were lucky this time. If there had been any more, we wouldn't be standing here right now."

"But wouldn't they come back? The Majins, I mean. Akira knows...."

"What Akira knows and who he gives that information to is none of our concern anymore. In fact, it won't happen again," The Dai spoke irritably. "Those Majins won't survive much more nor will their minions. Eventually, they will die if not naturally. There is a strong spell on this planet now that will protect it from Majin interference in the future. Whether that spell will hold up is uncertain, but it will help for a while. There is nothing more that we can do about this matter. It is late, and we should find a way to get our strength back up along with our spirits."

"What about me?" I asked meekly, looking down towards the ground as rubbed the shoulder that I had healed earlier. The Dai moved his eyes at me, and I could feel the heat from the gaze that he had.

"What about you?"

"What are you going to do with me? I mean...."

"My decision still stands from what I said. You still have at least another two days on this planet before we can find a place for you to stay. Live it up while you can. Not many people will ever get this chance," He replied as he turned around and started to walk towards the entrance of the palace.

"But I want to stay!" I cried out, moving my head up. The Dai stopped walking, sighing slightly.

"Even if you wanted to stay here, I wouldn't be able to allow it. It is the rule here: No one outside the Kaioshin order or their assistants may....."

"Sir, I don't have an assistant," The East Kaioshin pointed out easily, moving a bruised hand to my right shoulder. The Kaioshin turned around slowly, his pink, pudgy face staring at the other Kaioshin with wide eyes. "Mine has left a long time ago, and I would like...."

"You can't be serious, can you? He's just a child!"

"A child that will learn in time. Please, sir. I rather have him stay here then send him off planet. Besides, you said it yourself that you felt something with this boy."

A whisper went along the other three Kaioshins, their eyes looking from me to the East Kaioshin to the Dai Kaioshin then to each other. I looked at the Dai solely, a almost pleading look on my face as he looked down at me once again. I felt scared again, but this wasn't the same kind of scared that I had felt in the past. No, it was different and something I didn't want to feel again.

"Are you sure you want to do this? After all, you know how much trouble it was to teach Akira."

"He was younger then Kibito and had too much energy in him. I have a feeling about this boy. He will do great things in the future."

"Let me think about this then I will give you my decision." With those words, the Dai Kaioshin turned around and walked out of the palace for good, not even bothering to look back at the others.

To Be Continued.....