Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Kaioshin Saga: Story 1: Silver Wishes ❯ Chapter 8: Times Do Change ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Silver Wishes

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the original characters (if any) and the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter Eight: Times Do Change

I watched as each of the Kaioshins sit down painfully at the table that was inside the West Kaioshin's kitchen, ignoring their tattered clothing and almost healed wounds as I stood near the top of the table. When the East Kaioshin had told the other three that my 'gift' was that of healing, I had three pairs of eyes look longingly at me as they moved closer to me, wanting a piece of that healing power to touch them. I muttered something under my breath about not really knowing how to do that, but the South Kaioshin insisted that I at least try to do something with it. It had taken a lot of time for me to make some of that healing stuff come from my fingertips, but it worked somewhat on them then what I had expected.

I knew I didn't do a good job about it as I sat down on the chair that was behind me, my eyes wandering over each of the Kaioshin. They still had a lot of cuts and bruises on their faces, arms, and other places that I couldn't see, but it wasn't as bad as it had been earlier. I wanted to say how sorry I was for not doing something else, but the East Kaioshin wouldn't let me finish my sentences every time that I had tried. He seemed to be in a worse mood then he had been in before, and I told myself that I had to keep a distance away from him for a while.

The Kaioshin had remained almost perfectly silent since the Dai Kaioshin had left, speaking softly only when they had to or when a quick question was asked. It was the North Kaioshin's idea to get something to eat before the day was out and the rest agreed without question. I didn't notice any other assistant to the Kaioshins that was around, and wondered if anyone was really going to eat something. I was starving myself, but I didn't want to say anything to anyone about it since I had been silence so many times before about food in the past.

"What are you really going to do about Kibito?" The North Kaioshin asked, his voice just above a whisper, his eyes moving over towards the East Kaioshin. This Kaioshin didn't say anything at first, his eyes going down towards the table in a manner that meant either he was thinking about something or he didn't want to say anything at all.

"I don't know. I can't defy the Dai any more then I have done in the past," He said bluntly, raising his head slightly as he moved his gaze towards me. I saw something in his eyes that told me that he wanted to do this yet couldn't, but I didn't believe that look. "I honestly tried, Kibito. I am sorry."

"It is okay. I suppose I'll enjoy living in another hell," I grumbled, not even meeting his gaze at this point. I was already harboring a small hatred for him anyways and this was just fueling it even more so.

"It is not okay, damn it," The South Kaioshin snapped, banging a hand onto the table. "East, you need to do something about this child even if it defies the Dai again. It doesn't matter what you do as long as he is still safe."

"I know, but it still is something I can not do anymore."

"He is right, you know," The West Kaioshin agreed, nodding her head slightly. "I've seen many possessed people before, by Majin hand or otherwise, and I don't recall ever seeing a wild look in their eyes like I saw today. They are just waiting for this moment to jump onto Kibito when he is not guarded at all."

"We all know that there is something about him that is special even if he doesn't see it in himself or we don't know what exactly it is," The North one said, smiling down towards me. I wanted to say something about this matter, but I remained silent throughout it. There wasn't much for me to say in this matter, and I was going to dive deeper into it then I already was if I said anything.

"Well?" The West Kaioshin demanded, looking coldly towards the East Kaioshin with all the anger that she could muster at the moment. There was another short, odd silence between the Kaioshin before anyone spoke.

"We just have to wait for the Dai's decision before we do anything about the child," He said finally, looking back down at the table. I sighed, my shoulders slumping as the Kaioshin fell silent once again, all made in their own way to really speak.

****

There wasn't much else to do then eat and it wasn't until a half hour later did any food come to the table in a fast manner. I didn't really see who had brought it out to us as I continued to stare at the table top in front of me. The lure of food only brought me out of my trance long enough for me to eat something so that my stomach would stop growling. Like many times before, I didn't over eat or do anything that suggested to the other's that I was still hungry even after I finished eating what little food I took. It was just the way I was, and I didn't think I was ever going to change.

The meal had been quiet for the most part, the only words being spoken to each other were the ones to pass something to someone else. When they were handed something, it was almost like a death glare to that person for asking for something. I hadn't seen the East Kaioshin's face look so tense before in the short time I had already known him, the same scowl on his face not changing a bit. It was like he wanted to get away from the other Kaioshin's before he did something to them or to me.

After we had eaten, the South Kaioshin was the first one to excuse himself from the table before he had rushed out of the room in a hurry. The North wasn't too far behind him, glancing back behind him as he left. I didn't blame them for leaving so quickly afterwards; I would have too if I had the chance to, but I didn't. I couldn't leave without the East Kaioshin taking me back to his palace or some other place on the planet for me to fend for myself. He was the last Kaioshin to leave the West's palace, lingering just for a moment to talk quietly with her before we left.

It wasn't long afterwards that I was on the Kaioshin's back once again as he flew towards his own palace in the East. He didn't talk to me at all as he flew faster then he had before, possibly ignoring the fact that I was still with him. I really didn't care if he knew I was still around or not as long as he didn't attempt to drop me off of his back and have me plummet down towards the ground. I had to admit that it was a long ways down from the position in the sky that the Kaioshin was flying at, and I didn't want to know what it felt like to fall from where we were at the moment.

"Do you really want to stay on this planet, Kibito?" He asked after about fifteen minutes of nothing but flying.

"Only if you want me to be on this planet. I don't want to stay here, knowing you want me off," I told him, ignoring the fact that he was going slightly faster then before. "I can always live on another planet somewhere in the universe."

"I don't care if no one else wants you to be on this planet or whatever. I am asking you personally if you want to stay here or not. Your choice."

I blinked my eyes for a moment, confused as to what he really wanted me to say to him. I hadn't been asked what I wanted since it had never really matter in the past, so I didn't know how to answer it exactly. What I wanted and what really happened were always two different things.

"I can tell you have to think about it, Kibito," The Kaioshin replied dully. "If I had the choice, you would be able to stay here."

"Then why can't I stay here? i know the Dai doesn't want me to be here, but still."

"Kibito, it isn't about him not wanting you to stay on this planet, but it is about something completely different."

"Then tell me. Tell me why I can't stay here."

"Because no one is supposed to know about Kaioshin-Kai or the Kaioshin! You, Kibito, are one of the few outside of any of this that know about it and know who we are. The Dai wants to protect you in any way that he can but he also has to protect Kaioshin-Kai as well."

"Then why don't you...."

"Shut up, Kibito. Just shut up. I am tired of hearing about the ways that you have come up with for us to rid of you or how everything in your life has been hell. The pity trip ended hours ago and now I wonder why I saved you in the first place," The East Kaioshin snapped coldly. I opened my mouth to say something in return to that, but kept my voice silent instead. I knew he was mad at me for what I had been saying and perhaps he was right. Maybe I should have stayed quiet all this time without telling everyone what I had been through, I thought bitterly.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, turning my gaze to the right to watch the clouds go past us.

"Sure you are," He grumbled angrily. "Just be quiet until we reach the palace, okay?"

"Whatever," I replied softly, closing my eyes for a moment before opening them again. It was going to be a long trip indeed back to the palace of the East Kaioshin.

****

I had thought that it would take the East Kaioshin at least a couple of hours for him to get back to his palace, but I was wrong yet again on that. Instead of slowing down for my sake, he kept going a little bit faster then he had before, still ignoring the fact that I was on his back, holding on for my life. We had remained silent the whole time as well, our mouths not speaking the words that I knew we both wanted to speak to the other but didn't. I had come to learn that it was in the best interest of everyone that I remained silent at this point so that my words or any action leading up to them wouldn't anger anyone else more.

It had only taken us another half hour to reach the marble and stone palace, which was a surprise to me entirely. I hadn't expected him to go so fast in such a short of time, but then again the East Kaioshin wasn't someone that a person would normally meet somewhere else. Once we had landed onto the ground in front of his palace, I received another surprise much less to the Kaioshin's surprise as well. Standing just outside the entrance of the palace stood the Dai Kaioshin, his hands barely going behind his back as his eyes stared intently at the East Kaioshin as I slid down his back and onto the ground.

"What are you doing here?" He asked coldly, knowing full well who he was talking to as he walked up to him. I wasn't far behind as I moved my eyes down towards the ground, my lips in a tight thin line so that I wouldn't say anything in front of the Dai.

"Good evening to you too," The Dai said warmly, ignoring the iciness that was in the other Kaioshin's voice. The East Kaioshin stopped at the pudgy Kaioshin's right side, his eyes narrowing at the palace that was in front of him. "I suppose you are wondering why I am here so late in the evening, hmmm?"

"I don't wonder why. I know why," The other replied, his tone not changing. "It's about the boy, correct?"

"Correct." The Kaioshin turned his body to face the East's, his eyes closing for a moment before blinking open. "I have been thinking about your proposal about taking him in as your assistant. It seems rather odd that you would want to take a young child in even though that is a good age to start training him in being a bodyguard and such. Akira wasn't that hard to train even though....."

"Just get to the point, Dai. It's late, and we've had a long day."

"I know." The Dai sighed, taking a glance towards me. I wasn't totally ignoring the conversation being Kaioshins, but I had tuned out most of it since it concerned me. I already knew that I was going to be sent off planet in a couple of days anyways, so why bother listening to them arguing over me?

"Well?" The East Kaioshin demanded, moving his eyes over towards the Dai Kaioshin without moving his head over to him.

"Are you going to train him or aren't you?"

"It would be pointless to do so in two days. He doesn't even know how to fly much less anything else. It would take those two days just for me to teach him how to fly with me doing everything else."

"Two days? TWO DAYS?" The Dai bellowed, causing me to jump slightly and stare up at him in surprise. Even the East Kaioshin backed up and turned his head towards the other with wide eyes. "What makes you think that he has only two days to train or anything else for that matter?"

"You said that I had to leave in a couple of days, didn't you?" I said meekly, hiding behind the East as I peeked out from behind him. I knew that he couldn't have forgotten that quickly in that short amount of time.

"Yes, but the law is that only the Kaioshins and their assistants may stay here, and the East Kaioshin doesn't have an assistant. He needs to train one, and I don't see anyone else on the planet or the universe besides you that could do it."

"But....I thought.....you.....Kibito...." The East Kaioshin stammered out, his eyes blinking slightly.

"I said I'd think about it, if my memory is correct. I never said how long I'd think about it. So, he can stay although it was a hard decision to make. Don't allow many people to stay here much less become a God's assistant," The Dai sighed, nodding slightly. "That is, if you still want to have Kibito as your assistant. I know things can change in a short amount of time, especially a Kaioshin's mind."

There was a pause between them, my eyes darting up towards the East Kaioshin. My heart skipped several beats as he glanced down at me, but it dropped down to my knees as soon as I saw the look in his eyes. I knew better then to give myself any hope of having a safe place to stay even though I figured any place was safe for a small period of time.

"Things do change," The Kaioshin replied just as coldly as before if not a little bit colder then before. There was a quicker pause between the two Kaioshin as they locked eyes before they nodded to each other. The East Kaioshin then took me by the arm and pulled me into the palace for what I assumed would be my second to last night on this planet.

I didn't know how right the Kaioshin's words would be.

To Be Continued.....