Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Kaioshin Saga: Story 2: A Truth Untold ❯ Chapter 4: The Past Returns ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Truth Untold

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the original characters (if any) and the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter 4: The Past Returns

One Week Later

She had landed only the day before, making sure that she had gone unnoticed by those that lived there. She knew she wasn't far from where her target was, but she still had to be careful not to show herself just yet. She wanted to watch and see what was going to happen around the so-called "palace", mainly to see who was coming in and out. And, so far, there wasn't much to go on. Only her target, with another, more taller person, had come and gone a couple of times in that one day. A few times they stopped and chatted with one another, both with smiles on their lips. The rest of those minutes were spent coming and going from the entrance without word.

The girl made a face, her nose scrunching up in a snarl. She had hidden herself on one side of the palace, her victim laying on the soft, green grass just in front of the entrance without a care. The other one was sitting just above his head, gently rubbing the new God's temples. Lucky bastard, She thought bitterly, trying to calm herself. He has more power then any other mortal being in this universe and, yet, he barely has to lift finger. Damn, I wish I could be a God.

She bit her lower lip, surprised at the sudden burst of anger that was inside of her. In exchange for complete power, she allowed the creature to control her at every whim. She guessed that he could control every one of her emotions as well, and probably her thoughts as well. Then again, she didn't have any choice in the matter anyways. He probably had gotten control of her when she was still inside the liquid cell she had been trapped in for twenty some years.

She sighed, placing her hands upon the cold marble wall as her legs got into place. All she had to was wait for the right moment to walk up to them, and set the plan into motion. The creature had left her total control of this, and she wasn't about to let anything go wrong.

****

"It has only been a week, and already I have a headache from this," Shin grumbled as Kibito slowly moved his finger's over the new deity's temples in a attempt to starve the throbbing pain. So far, it wasn't working, but he didn't bother telling the other that. It just felt good to have someone touch him, trying to sooth what nerves that were getting a little edgy. And, right now, he felt more calm then he had in years. Just laying there, with someone else, was fine enough for him.

"There will probably be more headaches along the way," Kibito said lightly as he shifted his body slightly. Shin closed his eyes, a soft purr emitting from his lips.

"Just keep doing this, and I'll be fine."

"As you wish, master."

It hadn't been easy. He could tell anyone and everyone that in an instant. Keeping an eye on things that might boil over into a major war, or into another Kaioshins Quadrant, was something harder said then done. Most of the little things weren't something that he himself had to be worried about since most could easily take care of themselves. The Kaios could take care of the rest of the things that were going on, the new God stepping in when he had too.

"I probably won't have any more breaks like this for a long time," The deity mused, opening his black eyes, and moving them up towards Kibito. Feeling the other's warm touch against his skin made his heart beat faster then before, and the feelings of joy went through him. He didn't know what this kind of feeling was, but he wanted to keep feeling it.

"You probably will have a few moments, but that is an unsure thing. Things will happen in the future, and none of us can see what they will be," Kibito said, taking his touch off of the God's temples. In those few moments, Shin moved his head up as he moved his body upwards, more so towards the other. He then placed his head into the other's lap, a move that left the other with a surprised look. "Master?"

"Just let it be, Kibito," Shin said, his eyes moving towards the clouds that lined the sky. Kibito didn't say anything as he looked down at his master, confused and surprised at the same time. "Look at the clouds. What do you see?"

"Many things," The other turned his gaze up towards the heavens above, placing a hand upon the deity's chest. "I can see a few animals, and other shapes."

"As can I," Both fell silent for several moments, their eyes watching the clouds together. They hardly noticed anything else that went around them, each in their own little world. "Kibito?"

"Yes?"

"Whatever happens in the future, I want you to know that I will always be here for you. Even if the future is horrible to me like the past has."

"Yes, master," Kibito mused, unsure of anything else to say. Shin lifted his head off of the other's lap, and sat up, turning easily around to face his servant as he moved a little bit closer to him. Their eyes met, a light breeze coming between them. The other touched the deity's right cheek, gently brushing the God's hair out of his eyes. Shin placed his hand upon the other's, pushing it against his cheek. "Are you feeling the same way, master?"

"Perhaps. It is all new to me," The God whispered, a light smile coming upon his lips. Their gaze did not falter for a moment, everything around them becoming distant. "I know I am not allowed to feel this way, but I don't want to lose this feeling. It's....."

"I know, master. I know," The other muttered, leaning forwards and kissing the deity's forehead. Shin smiled at this, a new wave of emotions flooding him. "We'll find a way to get around things."

"Yes we will."

****

The creature was getting impatient as he paced along the front of the egg that contained his own creation. The girl had left only a week ago, and he couldn't tell if she had landed upon the Kaioshins planet yet. He wanted to telepathically find her, but the chances of the Kaioshins picking the signal up was too great. He figured that the child knew it as well, and that's why she had not done anything. But that was just one possibility among many, which he did not want to think about at the moment. His own plan was too perfect for it to not go wrong. He had spent so much time working on it that it couldn't fail.

"Sir, I have gathered enough pure energy for Buu to feed upon," A voice said from behind him. The creature stopped pacing as it turned it's head around, a sneer on it's face. The hooded figure stood there, it's head bowed down for it's master.

"Do you have to tell me every little detail about what you do?" He growled.

"No, master. I'm sorry," The figure mumbled, raising it's head. The creature turned it's small body towards the other, a angry look in his eyes. This one has lost it's use for me. It's time to get rid of what I don't need anymore, he thought, a smile appearing on it's lips. But I don't want to waste my power on such a pathetic life form. I think I'll have my pet take care of it instead.

"It's time to wake my creation. We will then leave for the Kaioshins planet," The creature purred.

"Can you control such a thing for this distance? Remember, the planet is farther then you think."

"I know. I believe I can handle Buu for the time being. He isn't that hard to control."

"Yes, master."

The creature narrowed its eyes before turning back around. I'll be glad to get rid of this thing. It is showing it's weakness already. I hope the girl doesn't do the same, but I know I have to get rid of her as soon as this is all over with, He thought bitterly, the smile fading from his lips. The taste of power was stronger now, the universe almost in his hands.

And there was no one that could stop him.

****

Two Days Later

Shin walked down one of the hallways of his palace, a glass cup held in his light purple hands. His footsteps echoed off the walls and down the rest of the hallway, sounding to those that there was someone inside. His ebony eyes moved side to side as if he was looking for something. As if there would be something different on the walls. There was nothing new to see, but there would always be that instant that everything changed. And he knew it.

The deity sighed, his gaze moving down to the sparkling, marble floor. Each tiled moved back as he moved forwards, all looking worn and tired. He felt more tired then worn himself, having very little sleep in the last couple of days. Things hadn't been easy since he had become the East Kaioshin, and it was showing. There were few mistakes that he made, perhaps critical ones, with the other's correcting them for him. The God saw the anger in the other Kaioshins eyes, and he didn't like those looks they gave him. He shrunk back for every mistake he made, unsure as to what they would do to him if he made another.

Then he made the biggest mistake only a couple of days before. He fell in love with another. The Dai Kaioshin made it a point that Gods were not allowed to do sol a law that had been in affect generations before was now useless to them. He'd wish the Dai would change at least some of the laws, but Shin found that the higher Kaioshin wouldn't do so. It wasn't that he couldn't but it was the fact that the Dai wanted to respect the Kaioshin's that had passed. The deity could bend the laws that were made, allowing more freedom to the rest.

Shin raised his gaze up, his body turning towards a doorway that lead into a large kitchen area. He stopped in the doorway, the glass nearly slipping out of his hands as his mouth dropped open just a bit. A girl was laying on her side upon one of the metal tables that were in the room, her head turned towards him. She had one hand draped over her side while the other held up her head, her elbow leaning on the metal itself as she smiled. She wore a black cat suit, with a V-neck that stopped at the middle of her chest. Her bare feet laid upon the metal, her light purple skin flashing in the light.

"Hello," She called, running her free hand through her white hair before returning her arm to her side.

"Uh," Shin choked, setting the glass down on the stove next to the door. "How'd you get in the palace?"

"It's not like you have guards or anything," She shrugged, sitting up, and placing both hands on the edge of the table. "Your assistant wasn't around so I let myself in."

"You are on a forbidden planet. Only a few are allowed to walk on this ground."

"I don't care. I had to see you."

"Huh?" The deity blinked his eyes as the girl jumped onto the ground, and walked up to him.

"I wanted to see you, Shin. It's been so long."

"How do you know me?" He asked, taking a step back.

"Don't you remember me?" She asked innocently.

"Should I?" He asked, on the verge of telepathically calling Kibito for help. "I don't know you, so I don't know how you know me."

"Did you forget our promise?"

"What promise?"

"That we would be twins forever," The girl said, smiling. Shin blinked his eyes for a moment, then his eyes went wide.

"Ke....Keelin?" The deity asked, suddenly feeling faint as all the color drained from his face. The girl nodded, clasping her hands in front of her.

"I'm glad that you remember me. It's been so long," She gushed happily.

"How...how are you....alive? I saw...." Shin squeaked, squeezing his eyes shut, shaking his head several times to get the image out of his of his mind. A image that he had long since pushed away. A image that came flooding back into his soft memory. He felt a hand lay upon his shoulders, opening his eyes to this. He looked up to see Keelin had come closer to him, a serious look on her face.

"I know. I thought I was dead, too. Whatever the creature did to me, it wore off quickly. I was awake hours later, only to find the village in ruins and fire raging through the rest. I managed to escape before I sustained anymore injuries.

"I found another village several days later, miles away from what was left of our home. I was barely alive, and was on the verge of tears. It took me several weeks to recover from most of my wounds with the rest of them still healing. By the time the pain of walking had ceased, most of our hemisphere had been destroyed.

"Eventually, this creature, whom some called Bibidi, entered the village, and demanded the same things he did in ours. Then he started to use his power to destroy what was in his sight. I was one of the lucky ones that escaped in pods before the planet was destroyed. I drifted for a while, not knowing where I was going or where I was going to end up. I eventually landed on a distant planet, and stayed there for the last twenty years. A few of our kind still lives there, in constant fear for Bibidi."

"Why didn't you come to find me?"

"I tried many times, but the universe is a big place. I didn't know if you were dead or not," She said, her words fading. Suddenly, Keelin's eyes went wide as her mouth dropped open, her body moving backwards. Shin looked at her for a moment before turning his head over his shoulder. Kibito stood there, his eyes narrowed and his face serious.

"How did you get in here?" He demanded with a sour expression.

"I walked in through the entrance, and found the kitchen," She said dryly after the shock of being found a second time was over.

"You shouldn't be here."

"Yea, well. Talk that over with your master."

"He's right," Shin said plainly, turning his attention back towards his sister.

"What....?" Keelin asked in disbelief as she blinked her eyes. "Why are you siding with him? Don't you believe me?"

"I don't know what to believe, Kee. I mean, it's been twenty years, and I thought you were dead. And now you decide to show me that you are alive?" Shin sighed. "Kibito is right. You shouldn't be here. Stay, and I'll be risking the East Quadrant. Leave, and I'll be lose my sister again." The deity made a face. "If you are my sister."

"Shin, I am your sister! Please believe me!"

"Master, I think this should be taken care of at a later time. There are some things that need to be taken care of, and the others need your presence," The other said, his eyes still on the girl. "As for her, I doubt that she'll do anything while we are gone. But that is something I am sure that you are not worried about right now.

"Very well," Shin said, nodding his head as he turned towards his assistant. He closed his eyes for several moments before opening them again. "Keelin, I have to go right now. I hate to leave you alone, but my duty calls." He turned his head over at her, giving her a smile. Keelin smiled back, giving a nod towards him. "I promise you that we will catch up for the years that we spent apart."

"Fine," She said, keeping the smile on her lips as the God turned his head back around, and walked past the other. Kibito gave the girl a look before following his master, neither one noticing the evil look that replaced Keelin's smile.

****

"I thought Bibidi destroyed my planet after you took me away," Shin growled as he and Kibito flew towards the South Kaioshin's palace. They had barely taken off a few moments before when the God was already debating the issue with the other.

"It did. I probably was off by a couple of hours, but it was destroyed before you woke," The other said plainly, keeping his attention forwards.

"But Keelin said it was several weeks later before it was destroyed."

"She was wrong. You can ask any of the Kaioshins about it. They will tell you the same thing as I did."

"What about Keelin herself? You also said that she was dead as well."

"A slight error on my part. When Bibidi had her in the state she was in, I thought he had killed her," He moved his eyes over to the deity, a frown creasing his features. "You don't have to believe me, master. I can not control what you think."

"You're right. I don't have to believe you. I don't have to believe my sister either, but her side is more believable. At least, so far."

"I don't care if you believe me or her. Whatever you want to think is fine. I have no say in his matter. It is yours and yours alone," He snapped, turning his eyes back forwards.

"Fine then," Shin said, crossing his arms over his chest. Everything was going through his mind at once, and he couldn't sort it out, even if he wanted to. It would be a while, probably until they reached the South's palace, before he could do so. And that was a ways to go.

"I have a bad feeling about this," The God confessed after ten minutes of flying without word.

"About what?" Kibito wondered, not giving much thought to his words.

"Keelin. Yes, I am happy that my sister is back, but there's an empty feeling inside of me," He looked over at the other as he bit his lower lip. "She has changed in a way. I sense the same six year old girl inside of her, but it is very little."

"People change over time. It has been twenty years since you last saw her. Maybe something is wrong, but I am not going to say anything else about this matter. It does not concern me."

"Why are you being so distant about this? You don't sound happy for me, either," Shin demanded as he stopped flying. Kibito stopped flying as well, turning around to face the God. "Tell me!"

"Fine, I'll tell you," He barked, flames dancing in his eyes. "I figured Bibidi would either kill her or control her. He knew that she would probably be useful in the future, so he kept her under his control, and took her to a place where no one would ever find her. Not even you. He figured, since your her brother, Keelin would automatically bond with you after so long, thus leaving a gap between security. That's when he'll attack the Kaioshins, and eventually killing all of them, including you."

"Why would he do such a thing?"

"Bibidi is a evil wizard that will stop at nothing to get what he wants."

"Nice story, Kibito, but you're lying. Kee would never allow herself to be controlled. She is pure of heart, with no evil inside of her."

"The wizard only has to fine a small trace of evil inside one's heart to tide that person over. Unfortunately, your sister is one of those people."

"You're lying! Kee was never like that!" Hot tears stung his eyes as Shin held back the sobs that he wanted to let out. Kibito's face softened as he floated towards his master, putting his arms around the God. Shin fought for a moment before sobs racked his body. He placed his head upon the other's chest, the tears coming down. "Why now? Why did she come back after all this time?"

"I don't know. Things don't always work out the way you want them to."

"I missed her so much. I....I...."

"Be quiet. Just cry, and let all of your pain out. It is okay to do so," Kibito soothed the best way he knew how. He took one of his hands off of the deity's back, and placed it under his chin, thus lifting his head upwards. He smiled just a bit, running his pink fingers through Shin's white hair. "We will get through this together. I may not always like what you decide, but it is just the way things are. Whatever happens, happens."

"Thank you," Shin whispered, tilting his head just a bit. The two stayed like this for several moments before they broke away from each other, and began their journey towards their destination.

****

He doesn't believe me, Keelin thought telepathically to her master as she stood in the doorway of the kitchen. She had waited for the two to be a little farther away before she sent any telepathic messages off world.

He has to. Things will go as planned, The creature hissed in her mind. I am already half way there.

Well, be prepared for a fight because the Kaioshins might be warned ahead of time.

I intend to be, The creature paused for a moment. Does anyone else know you are there?

His assistant does.

Where are the two now?

They had to leave because of Shin's duty. I suspect they went towards the south end of the planet.

Hm. The Kaioshins might be all together. Perfect, The creature said. Keelin could hear a bit of happiness in the other's message but she dismissed it from thought. She didn't care either way. She just wanted to get this over with before anything happened to her. Keep an eye on the East Kaioshin. I'll spare some of the Gods in the Quadrants, but the Kaioshins are mine.

Yes, master. With that, the telepathic bond was severed, and there was no more voices that could be heard.

To Be Continued.....