Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Kaioshin Saga: Story 2: A Truth Untold ❯ Epilogue: Carrying On ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Truth Untold

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the original characters (if any), and the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Epilogue: Carrying On

It was all a haze to him. There was no light, no dark, no reality. It was just a blur of mists that wouldn't go away. Shadows danced around, unable to answer the questions that he shouted out to them. Noises sounded off the walls of wherever he was, his thoughts being mixed with the rest. Bubbles floated around him, brushing up against his skin like it was a cat that wanted attention. Blurbs of color dotted his vision, not even going away when he attempted to distract them from what vision he had. It seemed like hell to him, and it probably was.

There were a few times, however, that he had slipped out of this world, his eyes snapping open for a moment, a faded light in the background as a shadow formed n the middle of it. A voice was saying something to him, but he couldn't make it out. He knew that this wasn't the world he did not want to be in as he slipped back into the hell that had been created.

And there wasn't a sign of him possibly coming out of it any time soon.

****

Kibito sat on the floor of Shin's room, right next to the top of the deity's bed. He had his right arm draped on the side, his right cheek resting on it as his eyes stared intently at the God. Shin himself was lying perfectly still upon the soft mattress, his chest slowly moving up and down with every small breath he took. Every so often, his eyes would flutter open for a moment then close without any other movement then that. It was hard to watch such a thing happen to someone, even if that person had hurt him before.

It had been one week since the encounter with Bibidi. One week since the wizard had destroyed four out of the five Kaioshins, leaving the remaining one in a coma-like state. The magic ball of energy that Bibidi had created exploded in the middle of the two sides, throwing the creature somewhere on the planet, perhaps miles away. Kibito managed to put his body over his master's to protect him for the most part, sustaining damage that he could easily fix at a later time. Shin had already been badly hurt before, the blast putting more harm into his body then before. The other managed to heal the deity to a extent without overdoing it. If he applied any more healing power, he'd probably kill him.

After he took care of Shin, Kibito went on a search for Bibidi, hoping to find at least a body somewhere. Even after searching the planet many times through, there was nothing to be found. Not even a trace of the wizard's blood could be found. And that worried him. If there was nothing to be found, where had he gone? Perhaps, the other had thought so many times in the past few days, he had gotten away. Or maybe he had evaporated into the heavens above. Whatever it was, he was gone now, and hopefully for good.

Then there was Keelin's body. Or what was left of it after the blast. Kibito had stared at it for at least an hour when he returned to the battlefield, his thoughts pulling him in different directions. A part of him wanted to blast the remaining bits that hadn't been destroyed by Bibidi while another part wanted to send it into the space that was around the planet. After the hour was up, he finally decided to bury what was left near the battlefield, a single rock marking where the girl finally laid to rest. Kibito took the time to carve her name upon it, leaving well enough alone for Shin to wander across it one day. That is, if he ever woke up fully.

Kibito sighed, raising his head off his arm as he shifted his weight on the floor. There had been no big changes in Shin since the morning rays had come up from below the distant horizon, and there didn't seem that would be any soon. He figured that the deity's fluttering eyes was only a reaction to something within his young body, and that it wasn't anything that he should be worried about. At least, now. The hope of Shin coming around fully was becoming less likely as the seconds ticked on.

"I wish you would wake up," Kibito said softly, running his left hand through Shin's mohawk cut hair. "Just long enough so that I could tell you that I love you. Maybe you can hear me now, but that isn't possible." Tears began to well up at the base of his eyes as the other tried to push them away. "Nothing seems that way now. Just keep fighting whatever is inside of you, and come back to me. I'll be right here when you wake."

Shin's ebony eyes fluttered open again, Kibito smiling for a moment. He moved his hand down the deity's cheek, hoping that would stimulate the reflexes in his face. That didn't help as the God's eyes fell closed once again, leaving him in the dark once again.

****

The time seemed to drag on like eternity was holding everything back. The seconds turned into minutes, the minutes turning into hours, and so forth until there was no need to keep a record of the time that drifted. There was no real need for it since time was nothing now as it became useless in a world that meant nothing to him any longer.

The hellish world he now laid in kept shifting, always moving to make sure that it's prisoner stayed active. He hated every passing moment of the torture that he went through, the lashes of lightening and the clasps of thunder beckoned him to keep his soul alive. The darkness hindered what flashes of light he was allowed to see, ordering him to give up a hopeless cause that was not meant for him to have. What good was life when there was nothing for you to live for? Nothing for you to hold tightly? Or just nothing for you to have? It became meaningless, like Time itself. Useless without a cause.

Suddenly, everything shifted into a grayish plane, hurling all darkness into a void that swirled into a drain behind him. All flashes of light, bubbles of color, and whatnot vanished, becoming a vast area of light gray then leaned towards a more whiteness. Perhaps the heavens above have come to claim what was left of his soul. Maybe it was the darkness taunting him again before it threw him back into the pitch black of his own world. Yet, this time, the white disappeared, revealing a fuzzy picture of a canopy above. He struggled to see what was above him, his body moving ever so slightly, but with a slight sting to it.

It took him several moments for the entire picture to straighten out, becoming a dusk of light and shadows. He blinked his eyes several times, his hands pushing himself up, but failed at the first attempt. His whole body ached like it had been run over by something huge and heavy, his spine feeling tingly from lack of use in the outside world.

"Where....where am I?" He called out into the room, his pointed ears pricking up to strain to hear any words that might be spoken. There was nothing to answer his words as he laid there, immobile for the time being. He moved his head a bit to see that there was no one there. No one but himself. The door had been left ajar a crack, a light coming in from that single crack. He watched that door, his mind trying to focus on it as if he wanted someone to come through that door at that moment. And someone did. Just as he was about to turn his head back up towards the ceiling, the door opened slowly, and a figure tip-toed in. The other didn't notice that a set of onyx eyes were upon as he closed the door, keeping the front of his body faced towards it.

"I am sorry for leaving you like so, but I just can't take it any more. You....you haven't changed since then," The other said, his voice barely above a whisper. "I want....I mean.....I don't know."

"Don't know what?" He wondered, his eyes straining to see who it was. He could tell that the other was surprised just from the way he gasped, and spun his body around.

"Master....is it....are you?"

"Kibito?" Shin muttered, his face scrunching up in pain as Kibito rushed to his bed side, and kneeled down beside him. "What happened? Where am I?"

"You're in your room, in your palace," He said slowly. "Do you know who I am?"

"Yes. You are Kibito, my love," The deity attempted to sit up again, but Kibito placed a hand upon his chest, ordering the young God to lay back down. Another sting went through him, making him follow that order. "What happened? Where's Bibidi?"

"Hopefully dead. I searched the planet over again for him, but without luck," There was a sadness to his voice that Shin picked up right away, even in his condition. "Keelin...."

"I know what you had to do in order to stop her suffering. I just wish that I had listened to you before I got further into this mess," Shin smiled at his assistant, who looked away. "I'm sorry. I..."

"What you said will remain unforgivable, and it will never go away. But, there are things that are best left undisturbed."

"Kibito, I am glad that you came after me," Shin whispered, placing a hand upon Kibito's shoulder the best way he could without screaming out in pain. The other looked at him, crystal tears running down his face. "I would be dead right now if it hadn't been for you. Thank you."

"You are welcome, but I had to come after you. I am still bound by you no matter what."

"I will understand if you came solely because of your duties to me. There is no reason why you shouldn't love me anymore."

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't love you," Kibito retorted, a light smile playing upon his lips. Shin smiled even bigger, his eyes shining.

"Well, because of what happened."

"That doesn't matter now. You getting better is important right now," He leaned over, gently kissing the God's forehead. "You need rest."

"How long was I out?"

"A little over three weeks now."

"Has it been that long?"

"Yes. Your body was in a coma-like state in order to repair whatever damage you sustained then. I have been taking care of you since then, and I will continue to do so until you are better," Kibito replied, his legs about to raise his body up when Shin grabbed his wrist, pulling gently on his arm. The other knelt back down, confusion on his face. "Is there something you need?"

"There has been a question that was lingering on my mind for the past few years, and I haven't thought about it for a while now," Shin said, biting his lower lip. "But, why did you save me from Bibidi the first time around? When I was younger?"

"I have my reasons. One of them is because the fact that I could not stand to watch another child be killed."

"What were you doing on my planet then?"

"Doing something that didn't end when your father died."

"And what was that?" Shin asked.

"Taking care of a Kaioshin that I love."

****

It took a while for Shin to fully recover from Bibidi's attack upon the Kaioshins. It took even longer to form a new order of Gods; ones that only consisted of four lesser Gods, the Kais, and himself, the Supreme Kai. There were no more Kaioshins to worry about as they now were a memory of the past. He was no longer a part of that group any more, his duties becoming that of the universe.

The threat of Bibidi was over. There were no more traces of the wizard to be found, his existence no more. Buu was eventually traced to the planet Earth where he would remain dormant forever. There was no need to destroy a thing that would never wake from it's slumber. There were now none that could open the seal that had been placed upon the accursed egg, forever becoming a thing of the past and not the future. What had happened then was over now, the vigil kept by Shin always lit up in the night sky.

The love shared between assistant and God remains, always flowing with the river of time. The bond of love became stronger then before, keeping two beating hearts together in a lock that would never end. They reminded each other of that love every morning, waking to a new day in which they could hold each other in their arms without a care in the world.

And that is how it stayed.

The End