Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Kaioshin Saga: Story 2: A Truth Untold ❯ Chapter 6: Golden Night, Onyx Day ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Truth Untold

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the original characters (if any), and the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter 6: Golden Night, Onyx Day

The night came and went like the wind, moving swiftly and silently like it had never been there. The day took over the sky, the darkness of the night leaving as the light of the day moved in. The dark clouds had disappeared from the sky, allowing the sun to rise without anything blocking its way. Creatures started to awake, the morning pushing all those who were sleeping to come out of their homes and enjoy the day that was ahead of them.

But there was one that would not do so. Shin didn't bother with falling back asleep after Kibito had stormed out of the deity's room. It wasn't the fact that he had an argument with the other, or felt sorry for what he had said to him. No, instead, he was angry. Angry because his love didn't understand the situation. Angry because Kibito wanted to put the blame on his sister for things he knew that was never wrong. He was just angry in general about this. How can Kibito say he loves me if he thinks that way about Keelin? The god thought to himself as he laid on his bed, upon his back, his eyes staring straight up at the ceiling.

A knock came at the door, yet he did not automatically call out to see who was there to disturb him. For all he knew, it could be the other, trying to put more things onto Keelin then what he had said hours earlier. Instead, Shin pushed his lips together as he crosses his arms over his chest, refusing to say anything to the one that was trying to come in. Several more knocks came, and still he did not respond. It was only when the door opened, and the West Kaioshin burst in, did the deity sit up quickly with wide eyes.

"What the hell….?" Shin snapped, frowning deeply.

"The South Kaioshin…..he's…." The West stammered, trying to catch her breath as she leaned up against the opened door.

"What about him?"

"Last night, something must have come into his palace. What, the rest of us do not know. But, when the sun came up, there was no more palace or Kaioshin," She shook her head at this.

"How do you know this?" Shin demanded, uncrossing his arms.

"The Dai felt something was wrong a few hours ago, and decided to see what it was. When he got to the South palace, it had been totally destroyed. There is nothing left but a dead guard, and a bunch of rubble."

"And the one that caused this?"

"Gone, without a trace. But we figure he now is…" A low rumbling sound interrupted her sentence as the ground under them shook violently, causing Shin to almost fall off the bed. In a moment, everything was still and quiet again, like nothing had happened.

"What was that?" Shin asked nervously, a fearfully feeling washing over him.

"I don't know, but it feels likes it is from the North," She struggled to say the words. "And it was probably the same thing that was in the South. If only someone had known ahead of time, this would never have happened."

Shin suddenly felt another feeling go through him: guilt. He had yelled at Kibito for something that the other knew was more important then what the deity was doing at the moment. I should have listened to him when he said something was wrong, He thought quickly as he jumped off his bed. But that is all I am going to feel guilty about. What he said about Keelin will be unforgivable.

"Let's go," Shin said, his face becoming determined. The West Kaioshin looked at him like he was crazy. "Whatever is going on, we need to stop it."

"How? Now two of our kind might be gone, and we need all five of us to pull together to stop it."

"We don't need to have all Kaioshins together. Yes, we all are more powerful when all of us are together, but we need to pull what resources we have to do without those two," The God balled his fists together. "If I had only listened to Kibito when he said something was wrong earlier. Then maybe we could have saved at least the North."

"Do not blame yourself for this. We all did not know this was going to happen, even the Dai. Yes, there was the terrible feelings of power coming towards us, but not even a Kaioshin can sense what these powers can do."

"But….."

"But nothing," She interrupted, pointing to the open space behind her. "We are going to stop what is on this planet no matter what, even if it means that we have to sacrifice our own lives to do it."
"Fine with me," Shin said, marching out of the room, his sight set on what was disturbing the balance of the planet.

****

Keelin walked quickly from her room, her heart racing with every second that passed. She hoped that her brother had not come out of his room after the minor rumbling had woken her from her slumber. The girl figured it did the same to him, and Shin would want to find out what had caused such a thing. She knew it would be in his mind to do so, and that would cause a problem in everything. Please do not do anything. I can not risk my life to fly after you, She silently begged as she started to run down the corridor that lead towards the deity's own room. He'll kill me if you do not stay here.

At that moment, two figures appeared to be coming in the opposite direction of her, and at the same rate she was going. Keelin began to slow down, her legs moving to compensate for the loss of speed. Shin didn't see her until the last minute, his eyes going wider then they already were as the two crashed into each other along the way. The girl felt her back hit the ground hard as Shin fell overtop her, the corridor going dizzy for a moment.

"I'm sorry, Kee. I didn't see you coming this way!" Her brother cried out as he quickly got off of his sister. The other one, a woman, had slowed down in enough time so that she wouldn't fall over the two herself. Shin helped her up, an apologetic look on his face.

"Don't worry about it," Keelin said, wiping off the little bit of dirt that had gotten onto the same cat suit she had worn the day before. Then a worried expression came onto her face. "Did you feel that little quake that happened a few moments ago?"

"Yes, we did," Shin said, his expression turning into one that showed he was in a hurry. He was about to step around the girl to get past her when Keelin caught his arm.

"You aren't going to go see what caused it, are you?" She asked nervously as she tried to hide the fear that was growing inside of her.

"I have to. Already one person on this planet has died, and yet another might have just gone."

"Don't worry about it, Shin. Whatever happened, it isn't a big deal. You've got thousands of people on this planet, right?"

The woman and Shin exchanged glances, both with eyebrows raised. Keelin let go of her brother as she stepped back, biting her lower lip as she clasped her hands in front of her. God, let me right about what I just said. If I am not, then everything that we have planed will be for nothing, She thought hopelessly as the woman spoke.

"I am glad that you didn't say anything to her about our order, but I think that isn't important right now. Perhaps you could fill her in as we go towards the North. Maybe she could train to be one of us," The woman spoke, turning her eyes towards the girl. Keelin didn't say anything for a moment, an uncomfortable feeling coming over her. She is offering me a position as a God, and here I am, trying to stall at least one of them to keep from ruining what is left of the plan.

"No. You two can't go anywhere. I am sure it is nothing," Keelin said, not able to hold back the fear in her any longer.

"Keelin, what's wrong? You are acting like you are hiding something," Shin said, turning his own ebony gaze upon her. The girl lowered her gaze, biting harder upon her lip to keep it from trembling.

"Nothing is wrong, and there is nothing to hide. I just don't want to lose you from whatever is causing this," She said, sniffing as she tried to make her emotions seem so real and lifelike. "Shin, I need for you to stay here so that I won't lose you this time around. At least, not to him. And so that, in case it is something big, you will be here to stop it."

"Whose 'him'?" The woman asked, ignoring the rest of what the girl said.

"I don't know. I…I…."

"Keelin, I have to go. I have to stop whatever is happening to the Kaioshins," Shin said gently walking easily past his sister. Keelin didn't bother stopping him as the two walked past her, her gaze still aimed at the ground.

"At least take me with you," She whispered, turning her body around as she raised her head up. There was no answer as the two continued walking away from her, slowly at first then more faster then before. As they disappeared around the corner, an angry look came over her as that emotion seethed through her body.

Damn them. Master, I think you better be ready for a little surprise, The girl called out telepathically into the void of space. There was no answer at first as she started to walk slowly in the direction the two Kaioshins had gone in.

What is wrong now? The voice of the creature demanded at last after several moments. I am in the middle of finishing off the North Kaioshin. At least, Buu is.

How could you bring such a creature to here? Aren't you capable of handling the Gods yourself.

Answer my question first then I'll answer yours.

Well, remember you told me to keep the East Kaioshin occupied while you finished off the others? Keelin demanded as she continued to walk down the corridor.

Let me guess. You let him escape, The creature said curtly. How could you do such a thing?

He wasn't alone.

I thought he got rid of his assistant.

He did. I haven't found a trace of him since last night. But there was another Kaioshin with him. A woman.

Perhaps that is the West, which was the next direction I was going in. At least I don't have to bother with that palace. There was a long pause after that, the ground beneath Keelin shaking as second time as her stride became even more quicker then before. She did not say anything as she waited for her master to finish what he was doing before she said anything else. Well, that takes care of two Gods. Now, it is only three more to go. I think I'll have Buu go after the Dai as I wait for those two Kaioshins to arrive.

I answered your question, master. Now answer mine.

Very well. The only reason I brought Buu along was because of the fact that I don't want to use my power to destroy all the Kaioshins. If I use it, then I won't have enough to destroy that brother of yours.

Why not just kill the other Kaioshins first then go after the higher one?

Because he isn't the one I want. Your brother escaped me once, and he will not do it again. Not as long as I am alive.

Very well, then. I will go after them, and make sure that nothing goes out of your plan, She growled at him.

If you aren't able to stall them, just go to the plan I told you about before. That way, nothing will happen while I am finishing up the other Kaioshins.

Fine. Whatever you say, With that, the girl severed the link between them, her gazed glazed. But I never said I'd go along with it, Keelin thought to herself as she continued on.

****

The Dai Kaioshin flew towards the North Kaioshin's palace, a feeling of dread going over him. There was something about the high power that he didn't like. It wasn't normal for a being to have so much in it as the creature went up against two Gods, and still have power to burn. It wasn't natural for something like that to exist. Not unless it was a being of pure evil that had no emotions, no soul, and no remorse for what it was doing. And that was the conclusion that the Dai came to.

There were many other things that went along his train of thought. All the Kaioshins were born with a set power level that would be higher then an normal persons energy. This happened in one generation every so often, and that child would eventually become the Kaioshin of whatever Quadrant it had been born into. Eventually, with the training he or she received in her life, that new Kaioshin would have more power then any mortal. The training sometimes lasted for about fifteen years, sometimes more or less, depending on how well that trainee was doing. It was only when the current Kaioshins felt that the trainee was ready, and after a brief questioning, was he or she inducted into the highest order of Gods if there was a spot to be opened.

If, the Dai had thought as he continued to fly at the high rate he was going at, a normal mortal would try to do this kind of training, then he or she would possibly fail, or be killed. That's not going with the fact that the Kaioshins start out as mortal. The planetary force on the Kaioshins planet would eventually have an effect on those that lived there, creating a immortalizing with its inhabitants. The way the planet was that it the year there was longer then the standard year in the universe, creating a sense of having longer life. But that still did not stop the natural immortalizing that occurred, which took hundreds of years to make. Not even the current Kaioshins, what was left of them, understood this feat. It was just something that happened naturally, and couldn't really be explained.

The strange energy he felt coming from the North Kaioshin's palace was not that of the Kaioshin himself. No, that power had died a few moments ago, to the Dai's disbelief. He figured that this power was the result of a created being, one that could not exist even if someone trained his whole life. No one could ever have that kind of power unless he or she was specially trained, or had been created.

At that moment, the Dai Kaioshin felt two surges of power coming towards him from behind. He ignored them for a moment, what was behind him not important right now. It was only when he felt the familiarity of both of them did he start to slow down, and look behind him. In the distance, two glimmers of light shined in the early morning sun as they raced towards him in a blinding speed. The Dai smiled, stopping completely as he figured out who was coming towards him.

And this was a good thing.

****

Kibito had remained on the planet instead of leaving totally, like his feelings had told him to do so. He didn't like the thought of staying in the same terrain as his old love was on, his heart being broken enough so that it probably could never be mended. How could Shin do such a thing to me? I know that he has a lot of things happening with him right now, but he has to at least sense what is in the girl, Kibito said as he sat on a rock that overlooked a large lake, his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes staring straight ahead. The other had not moved for the last hour, already knowing what was going on with the Kaioshins, but not bothering himself with the matters. It wasn't his problem anymore. It is not that I don't believe her in her saying that she is Keelin, but I don't see any other way around what is really going on with her. She has to be controlled by Bibidi somehow, and I can sense he is near.

He sighed, a sting of pain going through his body. It was the kind of pain that didn't come from any physical wound, but from an emotionally one. Kibito was hurt that Shin had not believed him when he said that there was something wrong in the South, and the fact that he, himself, should go take care if it if he was so worried about it. But, it wasn't that really stung. It was that the words the deity had uttered were out of pure anger, and not the reasonable God he had been before Keelin had even decided to grace them with her presence.

The other felt lost now, without the love that had been sparked between him and his master. It had just begun when it had suddenly been over in an instant, like it didn't mean anything to Shin. Maybe he thinks I am just something that can be used one day, and then tossed out when he finds something else to play with, Kibito thought angrily, standing up from the rock that he had been sitting on before. The pain would always be there, no matter what. Even if the two were to make up, the trust between them would never be there again. Not after what had been said between the two. I want to love him again, but it is impossible now. At least, with Keelin here on the planet. Perhaps after this is all over. Kibito shook his head on that thought. No. Probably not even then. Shin would still not see what is really inside that girl. I know Bibidi would do anything to make it look like the girl had nothing to do with it if Shin has not seen the reality yet.

He sighed, his gaze going up towards the sky as a frown creased his face. A feeling of hopelessness came over him as he rose from the ground, his shoulders slumping just a bit. He wanted so much to go after Shin, really to make sure that he would be okay. To make sure that nothing bad would happen. But he suppressed those feelings he still felt for his master as he flew in the opposite direction he felt Shin go in, the pain never going away.

****

"How much longer do we have until we reach the North side of the planet?" Shin called to the West Kaioshin as they flew towards the North Kaioshin's palace. The two hadn't been flying for long, but they covered a lot of ground since they had taken off from Shin's palace. Both were fast in their own respect, and could easily fly a long distance in a matter of hours. The young deity had a hard time leaving his sister behind, despite the fact that he had left her there once before. But that had been different, and he knew he was coming back then. This time around, it was outcome he couldn't see.

"If we keep going at this speed, it shouldn't take long. Probably an hour at the least. It might take a lot less time if Kibito was here," She said, giving a glance over at him. Shin set his face to be emotionless as he spoke.

"I no longer have Kibito as my assistant," He said without emotion. "We had a disagreement about Keelin, and he decided to leave because of her."

"Do you think he was right about her?" The West asked easily.

"Huh?" The East looked over at her with confusion. "What do you mean? Have you seen Kibito since before you came here? Did he talk to you about it?"

"I didn't have to see him to know what he probably said to you."

"And what do you suppose he said?"

"That there is something wrong with your sister. And I agree with him."

"Don't you start on that subject."

"Oh, I plan on doing just that," The West Kaioshin stopped flying, and grabbed the young God by the ankle as she pulled him back. Shin struggled in her grasp for several moments before glaring back at her. "Didn't you notice how she was speaking just a little while ago? Didn't she seem nervous at all?"

"She was probably just scared to lose me again."

"Shin, no one you love asks you to stay if they know you are going to help save a planet, and the remaining people on it. Yes, I know Keelin doesn't know a lot about this planet, or who lives here, but that doesn't mean anything. I felt something wrong with her, even from those few moments that I was standing there in front of her."

"I don't feel a thing from her. At least, the bad feelings. You, and everyone else, is trying to get me to give up what I have so longed for since the day I came here."

"Is she really the thing you are living for? What about Kibito?"

"What about him?" Shin snarled.

"Don't you love him? Isn't love stronger then everything else?"

"If that love is agreeing with you."

"Do you abandon everything that doesn't do what you want them to?" The West Kaioshin asked as she let go of his ankle. The Deity glared at her for a moment more before beginning his flying again. As he did so, the other God called out to him. "Would Kibito abandon you if he got his old life back? Would he want it to be perfect?"

Shin stopped moving again, his body going numb. No, he wouldn't. He'd include me in it, He wanted to say, but was too afraid to say it. He knew he had said some pretty nasty things to his assistant, but he had to say them. It wasn't like it was something that the two normally argued about. It was something far greater then some trivial thing.

"What do you mean? What life did he have before he came here?" Shin asked as he turned around. The West Kaioshin moved closer to the younger one, a sad expression his face.

"His planet has been in constant war ever since anyone can remember. It still is, if he has a planet to call his own anymore. When he was younger, he had to flee because the battles were becoming too great for someone his age to comprehend. As a result of his fleeing, most of his family had been destroyed in the process, which included his father, and all of his brothers and sisters. He and his mother were the only ones out of his village to escape alive.

"Both remained in hiding until forces came, and ran them out. It was when your father, the old East Kaioshin, entered the battle. At that time, he was afraid that the war would spill out into the rest of the Quadrant, and include all of the rest of the innocent lives that lived in the adjacent moon. It was then that Kibito's mother handed him over to your father to take care of him until he got old enough to come back to the planet to fight in the war.

"But your father refused to return Kibito to this horrible place. Before he could hide Kibito's eyes from any more bloodshed, a single warrior from the other side killed his mother in front of him. And that was the most hardest thing he has ever had to see. Since the old East Kaioshin brought him here, Kibito has never once left the planet by himself, only if there was someone with him."

"Why didn't he tell me about this?"

"He is still grieving over it, like you were. It never escaped his mind, not for a fleeting moment. Your sisters death was able to leave you once you accepted it. Kibito never learned how to accept it because of reasons unknown. You are the first person that I have seen, and known, that he smiles down upon. He has refused to show any kind of real emotion towards anyone. You, I believe, have given him the chance to bring those emotions out."

"I guess Kibito never got over what he saw," Shin whispered, his gaze moving downward.

"You were lucky that you didn't see Keelin's death. Losing her, I know, was the hardest thing you had to go through."

"If she is not dead, then how is she here?"

"She is under Bibidi's control," A voice commented from behind Shin. The young deity turned his head around to see the Dai Kaioshin hovering there, no smile on his lips. "That is why she is here. To keep you from helping the rest of the Kaioshins. That is what I believe to be true. I can not verify that until she says so." He paused for a moment, really not wanting to say the next few words. "I believe you have been told as to what happened to the South and North Kaioshins."

"I heard about the South from her, but felt the North go," Shin said, turning his body around. The West Kaioshin came to his side, a grim look on her face.

"What are we going to do now?" She asked.

"We are going to fight whatever it is that is on this planet. I believe it is Bibidi that I sense, but there is another force that is with him. Something that is stronger then all of combined."

"Can we do anything?" Shin asked hopefully.

"I don't know, Shin. I really do not know," The Dai sighed. "If there is, then it is not from my mind."

"There is one way," Another voice interrupted. None of the Kaioshins moved their bodies around to see who it was for that person moved themselves next to Shin. Keelin smiled forcefully, like she had to make the muscles in her mouth do what she wanted to as she hovered in mid air, her legs dangling towards the ground. "I know you don't trust me right now but I am the only thing that there is."

"Keelin…." Shin said in a low voice. The girl looked over at her, a almost sad expression on her face. "Is it true?"

"Yes, it is. You have to understand that I had no choice in this matter. I was stuck in a watery cell for the last twenty years, everything that I have known stripped from me. I was lucky that my memories and emotions were intact when I was let out of the cell, but Bibidi stole my emotions from me. I can no longer feel anything else beside the hatred and fear that he has allowed me to feel."

"What about mother?"

"She was killed almost the moment the wizard let us out of our cells. She refused to have any part in this whatsoever. So, he killed her."

"How do we know Bibidi didn't tell you to do this?" The Dai growled at her, a look of pure hatred showing on his face. Keelin looked at him with no emotion.

"You don't. You also don't know if this is a little part of me that really wants to help my brother," Keelin turned her attention back to Shin. "You should have listened to your assistant, Shin. He was telling the truth last night. You gave up something that people like me would kill to have."

"And what's that?" The deity demanded, narrowing his eyes.

"The most simplest emotion that we take for granted until we realize that it passed us years ago. It is the thing that you wake up in the morning for, and wish you could keep that image in your mind forever. It is love, my brother," For a fleeting moment, there was a flicker of a lost look on her face, then it disappeared with a twitch. "Now you have damned your life to loneliness because of me. You shouldn't have done that."

"I know but I didn't want to lose you again."

"You never got me back, my brother, and you never will have me again."

"Kee, I missed you," Shin said in a small voice as he fought back the tears.

"I know that, if this situation were any different, I would say the same thing. But, right now, I have an idea that will work but you will lose more then you will gain."

"It doesn't matter what I will lose. I have already lost enough, so what does a little bit more matter?" Shin said irritably, his eyes widening just a bit before they went back to their normal state. "I have lost you, and the one that I love. If there is anything that I lose, I hope it is my life."

"Shin…." The Dai warned as the young deity rushed past him in a fit of speed. The others looked after him as he flew towards the North, their mouths hanging open just a bit.

"Well, at least he is going in the right direction," The West Kaioshin mused, flying in the same direction as Shin had gone. Keelin gave the highest Kaioshin a look before following the West. The Dai sighed, shaking his head as he turned his body around, and went along with the other three.

****

He waited for this next target to arrive as he stood in the rubble that was once the North Kaioshin's palace. He watched the skies for the next one, keeping his senses alert just in case his eyes missed something. Boredom had already set in, his excitement run out for the moment. There would be more coming his way, the creature knew, as he frowned at the blue sky before his attention turned elsewhere. The creature could hear a voice in the distance, but could not see the figure that it came from. But he knew who it was.

"That damn creation," The creature said to himself, his eyes narrowing. "If I had known that he would be more trouble then intended, I wouldn't have made him so."

He listened to the playful voice for a few more moments before a rippling wave of power surged through him. A smile came upon his lips as he looked back at the sky. There. The Dai Kaioshin is coming, He thought happily. And I sense that he brought some of his friends along with him. That should be no problem.

****

Shin kept his gaze forwards as he speed along, a set expression on his face. Behind him, the West Kaioshin, the Dai, and Keelin followed, each moving a little slower then the one in front of them. He didn't care what they did. That wasn't important to him. Right now, the thing that mattered most was finding the one that had taken his sister away from him, and turned her into the monster that she was now.

Shin, I am sorry for what has happened, Keelin's voice echoed through his mind.

Are you really or is Bibidi making you say that so that I would believe you? The deity demanded from her.

I don't know anymore. I can't say if it is me that is sorry or it is Bibidi for not killing you first.

He should have done that all those years ago.

Don't say that, brother. I may be a heartless, soulless being now, but that doesn't mean that I don't want you to live. There is still a part of me that is that six year old girl that you once knew, even if it is a very small part.

Don't call me 'brother'. To me, you died that day. I have no sister. I have nothing now because of you.

Shin…..

Don't "Shin" me, He growled, turning his head over his shoulder to glare at the girl. It's East Kaioshin to you. I have no relation to you anymore. You are nothing to me now.

"How can you be so heartless?" Keelin hissed out so that everyone could hear.

"Look at yourself. You are in alliance with a killer. Bibidi destroyed our home, Kee, and here you are, deciding who is heartless and who is not," Shin shook his head as he turned his attention back forwards. "I am only giving you what you have given me."

"I hate to break this argument up, but does anyone else feel that tremendous power ahead of us?" The West Kaioshin asked from behind.

"I can sense it. It is like we are almost right on top of it," The Dai replied, moving his head down towards the ground. Suddenly, a blast of energy ran up from the ground, going straight into the middle of the group. Each dodged it the best way they could, the burning sensation of the blast hitting each briefly before the energy flew up into the sky above.

"What was that? Just the heat from it felt like a million Ki blasts," Shin asked as he watched the fireball like object disappear into the clouds. "Was that from Bibidi?"

"No. From his creation," Keelin said as she let her power drop low enough so that she quickly descended towards the ground. The Dai Kaioshin looked after her, his lips forming a O of surprise.

"Bibidi created a living being?!?" He gasped out, his eyes going wide.

"I suppose so," The West said calmly as she went after the girl. Both sped towards the ground, away from the last remaining Kaioshin.

"We better get rid of it before it causes any damage," The Dai said, the surprise wearing off, his eyes moving towards Shin, who was gasping down at the ground at the moment. "Are you surprised at the power or at what is going on?"

"The power," The deity whispered, a look of pure fear on his face. "I thought the Kaioshins had a lot of it, but now I see that I was wrong. This thing, this creation, is more powerful then us."

"You are right, Shin. It is. This is the moment that I feared would come true. There is something that is more powerful then we are. Now I see that, even if the North and South were told of this threat in advance, they still wouldn't have enough strength to defeat it."

"I guess this is the last conversation we will have, Dai Kaioshin, and the last day we have to live. I just wish that I didn't make the mistakes I did before," Shin said, moving his gaze up to the other Kaioshin. Neither said a word for a moment, the wind moving between each other. "I suppose Bibidi would be sending his creature after us as well."

"Mostly likely," He replied, a sad expression coming upon his feature. His mouth opened to say something else, but nothing came out as a blast of energy emitted from the ground. Both Kaioshins snapped their head towards the ground in time to see a mushroom like cloud rise up from the ground below them, engulfing both Gods. It took several moments for the dust and smoke to clear as the two choked on the clouded air around him.

"I'm going down. I don't care what happens to me," Shin coughed out, closing his eyes shut for a moment before he opened them again. When he did, the figure of the Dai Kaioshin wasn't in front of him any longer. As the young deity looked down at the ground, his onyx eyes caught the Dai rushing towards the ground.

He followed the highest Kaioshin, his heart beating faster then ever before.

****

The blast that had come from the ground had left a vast crater on the planet's surface, big enough for someone to have their own personal lake. But there was no time for a thought like that as Keelin placed her feet upon the hard ground, her arms crossed over her chest. Even though the hole was large, she still could detect two life forms standing in the middle of it, each fighting the other in a clash of light, sound, and speed. She is putting up a better fight then the last two Kaioshins. Buu may have some trouble with this one, She thought bitterly. Just as soon as she thought that, Shin and the Dai Kaioshin landed behind her with ease.

"What's going on?" The Dai asked as he walked to her side.

"They are fighting, but it looks like Buu is going to win," The girl said, her voice without emotion.

"So this thing has a name. Interesting."

"Yes," Keelin turned her eyes to the other for just a moment before turning it back to the fight in front of them. "The Kaioshins may be powerful in their own right, but this creature has more power then you will ever know."

"I understand now how Bibidi could destroy the North and South Kaioshins so easily," Shin put in. "They did not stand a chance."

"Then we should go help her. This thing hasn't gone up against two Kaioshins at the same time," The Dai said, his body moving towards the battling couple. The girl quickly jumped in front of the Kaioshin, blocking his way.

"Don't. You will only anger him more by doing so. Besides, your turn will come," She growled as she turned to face him. As soon as her body had finished moving, a blast of energy surged from the center of the crater, rising towards the sky before crashing down upon itself. The air around them seemed to move in towards the middle of the battle, the Kaioshins pushing their bodies backwards so that they wouldn't be sucked in. Keelin stood perfectly still, her eyes upon the Dai Kaioshin as she crossed her arms over her chest. Just as the air had been brought into the center, the pressure from the attack spanned out, picking dirt and soil, spread it towards the outskirts of the middle. This sped back towards the three, both Kaioshins rapidly placing their arms over their faces to cover their eyes as they were slightly pushed back, the wind moving the dirt around them.

"What kind of power does this thing have?" Shin demanded, the dust weaving through his hair. "What does this creature think he's doing?"

"Obeying orders of destroying all Kaioshins except for one," Keelin responded, seemingly unaffected by what was going on as the dust slowly started to thin out.

"All but one? Which one of us…..?" The Dai's words were lost in time as a beam of light came from the top of the dust cloud. It went overtop of the girl in a blinding flash, hitting the Kaioshin directly onto his chest. Shin moved his head towards the other, his face showing the fear, confusion, and hatred that was flowing through him as his eyes landed upon the highest Kaioshin. The Dai didn't seem to be in pain from the unknown attack as he tried to push a piece of his own energy out into his hands so that he could get his body free of the light. Before he could do such a thing, the light became more intense, enveloping his entire body before it flashed brightly.

"NO!" Shin shrieked out, dropping his arms, and rushing to help the Dai. It was too late for him to do anything as the light subsided, and revealed…..a cookie? The remaining Kaioshin stopped moving, his mouth dropping open at the sight. Before anything could be said, the wind picked up more, splashing more dirt around them, covering all vision of what was going on. Shin closed his eyes, dirt already inside of his eyelids. He didn't know what was going on as he felt a huge power race forwards, pushing past him as it knocked the God onto his back. The deity managed to open one eye, despite the fact that he couldn't see. In a instant, the moving inside of the dust cloud came to a halt, a light forming from within it. A burst of energy emitted from the center, pushing out all the dust towards the edges of wherever they were, away from all seeing eyes.

Shin placed one arm over his face to keep the remaining dust from his eyes, his body still on the ground as he opened his other eye. It took several moments for the light to subside, and to reveal what creature this Buu really was. Once the deity lowered his arms just a bit, his eyes went wide as he saw, for the first time, the creature that had destroyed all but one Kaioshin.

"That's……Buu?" He cried out, barely able to stand up as his ebony eyes fell upon the creature that was in front of him. It was a blob of a creature, with pudgy arms, huge white pants, a black vest, a face that looked more like a basketball, and something coming from the top of his head. "It can't be."

"Believe it, Shin. That's Buu alright," Keelin smirked, giving the Kaioshin a happy expression.

"Buu!" The creature smiled, clapping it's pink hands together. It began to dance around, looking more carefree then something that destroyed most of a order of Gods. Shin tilted his head to the side, his mouth gaping at such a thing.

"Okay…." He stammered out, his lower lip trembling as he got into a fighting stance. Now what? I was never trained in this kind of thing. I have only learned what I was taught, He thought, his eyes darting side to side, trying to find something to help him with this.

"Buu want more! More cookie!" Buu chided, doing several cartwheels in a row as the deity looked on.

"You will have more cookies once I finish what you have started," A squeaky voice said from above. The Kaioshin looked up to see a small creature descending from the sky, landing right next to Keelin, who bowed towards it. The God narrowed his eyes, the faint memory of the creature coming back into his mind.

"Bibidi," He hissed, trying to keep his body from trembling.

"That's me. So glad to have met you, East Kaioshin. I see that you have met my latest creation already," Bibidi chuckled, smiling at the child-like creature that was busily trying to catch a small bug in mid-flight. "I created him to look this innocent to those that have not seen his power before. But, you have seen what he can do first hand."

"You have more of these things?"

"No exactly. Let's just say, if you find the strength to kill me, which there is little chance you will, there is another that will continue on with my intentions. That way, I'll still be able to continue on with my control of the universe."

"You wouldn't dare do such a thing," Shin growled under his breath, his face scrunching up in anger. "I will make sure that everything that you have done will not be in vain, and your evil ways will stop today."

"Oh, goody. This one has some fight in him. I can sense the anger rising in you, boy. It fuels your heart and your soul."

"Then why don't you control me like you did my sister if you can sense the hatred in me?"

"Unfortunately, it is not the hatred that I am looking for in someone that I can control. No, you have too much pure energy inside of you to do anything about it. What a lost cause," Bibidi looked sad for a moment before the evil expression returned to his face. "What a pity that I have to waste such a power like yourself. But, alas, I have to destroy you."

"Are you going to send your monster after me? Or are you brave enough to come after me yourself?" The deity challenged, pushing his power up. The creature smirked, closing his eyes for a moment before opening them again.

"Buu had his fun for today. It is time to place him back into his cage, and send him to the next planet I wish to take over," Once the wizard spoke those words, Buu stopped his fun, and turned his attention towards his master. Steam rose from the holes that circled the top of his head, and the ones that went down his arms, a angry look coming upon his face.

"Buu no want to go into ball. Buu want to stay out and play," Buu snapped out. "Buu want cookie. Where more cookie?"

"There are no more cookies for you to eat, Buu. At least here. Now, I am going to place you back into your ball before I hurt you."

"You no hurt Buu. Buu strong."

"Yes you are strong. But…."

"NO BALL! BUU NO GO!"

"Damn it. Do I have to do everything?" Bibidi mused, rolling his eyes. He then waved his hand, muttering a chant under his breath as the pink blob charged at them. Shin shrunk back, squeezing his eyes shut, afraid Buu would unleash another rage of his power, but nothing came. Instead, a gust of wind moved past him, hardly making a scratch on him. As soon as he opened his eyes, he noticed a huge, pinkish ball sitting in front of him, rocking gently from side to side. "There. Buu is now ready for transport."

"Transport? Where?" Shin demanded, turning towards Bibidi, who had his arms raised.

"To a planet called Earth. It's in the Northern Quadrant, far away from this one," With another wave of his hands, and another chant altogether, the ball vanished from sight, leaving only three people on the planet.

"Now do you understand what power Bibidi has?" Keelin asked, her eyes glaring upon the last highest God.

"Shut up, girl. I have no more use for you, anyways," The wizard narrowed his eyes as he lowered his arms. "Because you didn't listen to orders, this Kaioshin has seen my creation. I wanted no God to look upon the thing that took me centuries to create."

"Whatever you say," The girl shrugged. Shin took this moment to watch the two argue back and forth, both of their attentions away from him. The anger inside of him was boiling now, to the point that he wanted to unleash his power entirely. No. Not yet. I want to see what this wizard can do before I attack, He thought to himself, his body steady from any further emotions. Yet, he has already shown me that he control one person, and create another being altogether. Maybe I have underestimated this situation as a whole. There has to be a weakness to Bibidi. Even the greatest fighter has a weakness.

"Are you going to stand there, and argue or are you going to fight?" Shin taunted to the wizard. "Are you too scared to go up against a God?"

"Silence, you fool!" Keelin howled, breaking her arguments from her master. "Do you realize who you are dealing with?"

"Be quiet, girl. Although you speak the truth, it is not needed now," Bibidi snapped, an orange glow emitting from his body. "I will dispose of you later, girl, once I have finished off the Kaioshin."

"Very well, Bibidi. As you wish," The deity bowed graciously, a cat-like smile coming upon his face. "If you want to go up against a New God, that is fine. But I thought you were better then that.
Those words angered the wizard even more as Bibidi pushed his hands forwards, pushing Shin backwards. The God felt his bones under pressure as his body went through the air, and towards whatever obstacle that was in his way. He managed to slow himself down somewhat before barreling into the side of a hill. The rock crumbled around him, burying the God in a pile of rubble. Bibidi smiled at this, lowering his arms to marvel at what he had done.

"That was too easy. Way too easy," Keelin reported, her eyes moving along the path her brother had gone.

"You may be right on this one. I thought this Kaioshin would have more power in him then this," The wizard mumbled, placing his arms behind his back. He watched the unmoving pile, his brow furrowing a bit. "Or perhaps he was the weakest of them all. If he put more effort in his strength then his talk…huh?"

The pile of rock began to move slowly at first, then a wave of energy blew each rock into tiny pieces. Shin's body flew out of the raining rock at a blinding speed, faster then what he had when he slammed into the hillside. This caught the creature off guard for a moment before he narrowed his eyes. In an instant, the wind picked up around Bibidi, dirt and smoke swirling around him like a tornado. Shin didn't falter as he flew straight into the tunnel of dirt, and came out on the other side, empty-handed. The God skidded to a halt, and spun around as the tunnel vanished to reveal that nothing was there.

"Where did you go, Bibidi? Why are you hiding behind your magic?" Shin shouted into the wind as he floated in the air, blood dripping from a cut on his face as dirt as scraps garnished the rest of his body. There was no answer to this as he looked around, unable to detect where the creature had gone. "Don't do this, Bibidi. You know you can't hide forever. I will eventually find you. Hunt you down until you can't hide anymore. I'll even destroy this universe to get what I want. You'd like that, wouldn't you? Then you wouldn't have to do it yourself."

"Shin, don't underestimate Bibidi. He's more powerful then you think," Keelin called up from the ground below. Shin looked down for a moment, an eyebrow raised.

"I don't underestimate him. He just needs to show himself to me so I can get this over with. Now, quiet distracting me so…" The Kaioshin didn't finish the sentence as something huge and heavy slammed into his back. It crumbled into different pieces as Shin lost control of his flying ability, his body plummeting for a moment before he caught himself.

"What a fiery temper you have. I didn't think you were in such a hurry to die," Bibidi mused out loud as soon as the deity gained control of his flying. The wizards smirked from his perch in the air, a feat in which he used his magic to do so. "Then again, I half expected the other Kaioshins to put up a fight with Buu. I thought that they would be harder to take control of, but I guessed wrong this time around."

"Perhaps you did, but you still have to go through me," Shin growled in a low voice, his jaw set firmly. The creature laughed at this, a gleeful tint to his laughter.

"I think I'm going to enjoy killing you," Bibidi gurgled, a snicker making it's way out of his lips. Shin charged through the air, his eyes set firmly on his target in front of him. All it took for Bibidi was to raise an eyebrow and hand as he muttered something under his breath. Shin ignored this as he came closer, his heart beating faster then before. Just as he came upon the wizard, something grabbed him by the ankle, and flung him towards the ground. As he fell quickly to the world below, Shin caught sight of his sister rushing down towards him.

"Keelin," He called out. The girl came within inches of him, one of her fists slamming into his chest. Shin gasped out, blood coughed from his mouth. Keelin slowed herself down as the God rocketed into the ground, sending chunks of rock and soil in all directions. She landed gently on the ground next to Shin, her body hovering over the deity. As he tried to push himself up with his arms, the girl placed a foot upon his chest, and pushed his body back down. Shin cried out in pain as he attempted to go up against the pressure, but it was too much. His arms gave out, his upper body falling back onto the rock as he squeezed his eyes shut.

"Keelin, don't!" The God screamed, his face wreathing in anguish.

"Don't what?" She chided, looking thoughtful for a moment before turning her face evil. The girl drove her foot harder into her brother's chest, allowing him to give out more screams. "You mean this?"

"Kee…why…?" Shin choked, a river of blood coming from the corner of his mouth. Keelin let her foot ease up on his chest somewhat as she leaned her torso forwards. She gave him several punches directly to his face, a smirk on her lips.

"The other Kaioshins are gone. There is no one to hear you scream. Who's going to save you now?" The girl taunted, giving on last punch to his face. Suddenly, a blast of energy hit Keelin, her eyes going wide as it pushed her off the deity, and several feet away. Shin kept his eyes closed, some of the blast scorching the front of his body.

"I am," A gruff voice answered in response. Shin blinked his eyes open, moving his head the best way he could to see who was there. Kibito kneeled next to his master, his eyes placed upon the girl, who quickly regained her composure from the interruption.

Kib-Kibito….you're…here," Shin said hoarsely, a small smile coming upon his lips. The other turned his eyes to the deity, his face serious, and unreadable.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't let you die here," He growled.

"Please…..not now…"

"Very well. I'll leave then if you don't want to say anything," Kibito stood up, turning his back on the God, and started to walk away from him.

"No, please don't go. I need you. I…I….love you…" Shin called, his hurting arms trying to find the strength to push his fragile body up. Every time, he fell back down upon the spot that he was in.

"That is not a good enough reason, brother. The universe needs a God, but you don't see it helping you," Keelin said, brushing off some of the dirt off of her cat suit as she walked to her brother's side. She knelt by him, her eyes upon Kibito, who had stopped walking. "He doesn't need you. He just wants you to save his sorry hide so that he can push you away again."

"Perhaps he does," Kibito said dryly, keeping his gaze forwards. Shin felt his arms give out one last time as his body came to a rest on the tainted ground., his chest heaving up and down.

"I give up. I can't do this. Just kill me," He said quietly, moving his coal eyes to his sister. "Put me out of the pain that is going through me. It is not worth it anymore."

"What kind of pain? The pain I inflected on you?" She rolled her eyes at that. "I couldn't have hurt you that badly."

"There's no point in living anymore. Not without love. I lost you a long time ago, Kee, and I accept it now. It took me a while, but I did it. Yet, without him, I just give up. I don't want to live anymore," Shin choked out, closing his eyes. "I still love him, even after what I have done."

The God didn't see Kibito's face soften at this, nor did he see him turn around. All he heard was Keelin's cackle from next to him, and her emotionless voice.

"Oh, I'm really sobbing now, brother. What a pathetic attempt to save yourself. Well, it won't work," She said gleefully. Shin squeezed his eyes even tighter, awaiting for his death to come. Instead, he felt a gust of wind go past him then a scream of utter pain. A girl's pain. The God moved his eyes open to see Kibito standing a few feet away, his hands upon Keelin's head. The other had managed to twist her neck in a way that made Shin turn his own head away. A feeling of disgust went through his body, his stomach twisting into a knot. A lone tear trickled down his cheek as he heard the girl's body thump onto the ground, and a single pair of footsteps walk to him.

"I'm sorry," Kibito whispered as he knelt down by his master, and placed a arm around him. He slowly lifted the God up to a standing position, but kept his arm around him for support.

"It's okay. It's was time for her to stop being a puppet," He said softly, more tears flowing down his cheeks. He glared up at Bibidi, who hadn't moved through the scene. "Now it's time to get rid of the master."

"Try as you might, Kaioshin, but you are far too weak to do anything," The wizard said calmly, barely even taking the time to shift his gaze off of Keelin's now limp body.

"I was never weak. I just had my focus elsewhere."

"Don't flatter yourself with petty words. It will only make matters worse," Bibidi took the moment to cast his eyes upon the two as he descended onto the ground. It only took him a moment to do so as he landed in front of the two, his hands clasping behind his back. "Look at this. You stand there, claming you have strength, but you need someone to hold you up."

"I may not be the strongest fighter in the universe, but I don't need it to beat you," Shin seethed, his eyes flashing with anger. The wizard laughed at this.

You can't beat him. Despite everything that has happened, there is no way to do so, Kibito hinted towards him.

Bibidi depends on his magic, does he not? And the ones he controls? Shin asked plainly.

Yes, he does.

Well, he sent one of his minions to another planet, and one is dead. And that leaves him with only his magic.

Yet he is still powerful.

Not powerful enough. There are other things that have a higher power then magic, and we have it inside ourselves, He turned his lost black eyes up at Kibito, a half smile on his lips. The other just looked at him, no expression on his face. Kibito, I am sorry for what I did. I shouldn't have said that then. I was wrong about it, as with other things. He turned his head away. If you can't forgive me, that's fine. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't forgive my actions. All I ask is that you help me here.

Why should I help you?

Kibito, please. I know you are angry with me, but I need you now.

Yes, I am angry at you. I shouldn't even be here, but the universe needs a God. And you are the last Kaioshin alive.

Is that the only reason you are here? So the universe can have a God? Shin pushed the other's arm off him, holding his own body up himself. He took several steps towards Bibidi, who was looking more impatient then before. If it is, Kibito, then leave. I don't need you like you don't need me.

I never said that I didn't need you. I'm just angry at you, Kibito protested, taking a step towards his master. Shin ignored this, his attention fully on the wizard.

"Well? Are you done with your little telepathic conversation?" Bibidi wondered out loud.

"Are you really that impatient to kill me? Well, here's your chance," Shin responded, standing up straight as he extended his arms out from his body. "Go ahead. Now you can say you killed all of the highest Gods of the universe."

"This is too easy. I expected you to at least to put up a better fight then this," The wizard commented, his eyes flaring up. He raised his hands, his lips beginning to utter a incantation.

"When you don't have anything to fight for, you'd give up too," Shin said sadly, a wisp of pain going through him. At that moment, a pair of hands placed themselves upon the last Kaioshin's shoulders, grasping tightly onto him. He looked up to see Kibito standing there, his eyes upon the God, and a smile on his lips.

I would never abandon the one that has brought me love, He said, his eyes raising up to the wizard, who had a yellow-like aura floating around him. You still have something to fight for, so there is no reason to give up. Not now. Not ever.

"Thank you," Shin whispered, turning his gaze back upon Bibidi. I love you, The God spoke to the other.

I love you too.

"Prepare to die," Bibidi growled, the aura slowly disappearing, a ball of magic formed in the center of his raised hands. It began to grow in size as Shin placed his hands together, palm forwards, in order to hopefully block the attack. Kibito stood behind him, placing any and all of his strength into his master. The magic ball moved from overhead the wizard's head, going from him towards the two that opposed him. Time seemed to slow down at this point, the fate of the universe in the hands of a young God. It seemed like forever for the magic beam to reach the deity as it touched his light purple hands, pushing him back into Kibito. Shin kept his stance, his hands barely able to hold the ball in them.

At that moment, a surge of energy flowed through him, like it came from somewhere on the planet. Shin looked up at Kibito, who's face had drained of any color that had been there before. The Kaioshin narrowed his eyes, his attention coming back upon the thing that dared to push him back any more. With the last bit of strength that he had, Shin pushed the ball of magic forwards at the very last of his will, his body starting to shut down from the strain that he was placing upon it.

"Just a little bit more," He muttered under his breath, the ball seemingly pushing back. It began to pulse rapidly, like it was getting ready to explode. The deity, with Kibito's own energy, extended his arms forwards, pushing the ball back towards Bibidi. It was then that the God fell to his knees, placing his hands upon the ground as a explosion rocked the ground in front of him.

Then everything went black.

To Be Continued....