Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Kaioshin Saga: Story 3: A Truth Untold II: Blue Moon ❯ Prologue: Mysterious Illness ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Truth Untold II:

Blue Moon

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the original characters (if any), and the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Author's Note/Warning: I'm gonna give a warning here before I go on with this fic. Most, if not all, of the chapters will contain Shoonen-ai, and perhaps even more then the last one. If you don't like Shoonen-ai, don't bother reading this fic beyond this because I don't want to hear your complaints about it. If you don't mind, or you just don't care, continue on please. Any and all flames will be used to cook my dinner for the week (yum, grilled cheese.....), and all complaints will be put with the Complaint Department (i.e., trash can).

Prologue: Mysterious Illness

One Year after A Truth Untold

Shin yawned as he laid down upon his soft canopy bed, his light purple hands laying perfectly behind his head as he placed both upon the feathered pillow that sat at the top of the bed. He was clad in a plain white shirt and a pair of grey pants instead of the usual Kaioshin uniform that he normally wore. That was laying somewhere on the ground, quite possibly under his bed, gathering dust. He didn't care whatsoever. He had stopped caring about that a long time ago since there was no one else other then Kibito to really care what he looked like. There was no point in keeping himself all prepped up unless he had somewhere to go or something to worry about in the universe. These things were rare and far apart, giving the God more time on his hands then he would have liked to have.

He remembered quite often the days before Buu and Bibidi had even come to Kaioshin-Kai. The days that were filled with things to do, places to be, and new people to meet almost every second of those days were gone now, never to come back. There hadn't been but a few moments that he had free time as those moments were far apart, but those times were gone now as well, and he had far more free time then he could imagine. It was during those days of long that he had other Kaioshin to talk to talk to other then his assistant although he enjoyed spending time with Kibito. He just needed other people to talk to at times even though the other was a great companion to anyone that the duo would meet.

The deity smiled as he closed his eyes, the mere thought of his assistant sent tingles down his spine and back again. He remembered the first time the two had kissed, and it had been a wonderful experience. There had been nothing else like it that he had experienced before, and quite possibly he wouldn't ever feel again. It was something wonderful, and he was glad that he could share it with someone else that he loved with all of his heart.

Kaioshin-sama? A rough yet gentle voice asked inside of his head. Shin opened one eye, his smile not tapering. He knew who it was that called out to him telepathically, and he was glad that he did.

Yes, Kibito? Shin wondered back just as gentle.

Is everything alright? You have been quiet for the last couple of hours, and I was just wondering if you were okay.

Yes, I am okay. Shin paused for a moment as he thought about it to himself before going on. No, wait. I would be even better if you were here. It would end a long day perfectly.

Hai, Kaioshin-sama. That was all that was said as Kibito broke the telepathic link between the two of them. The Kaioshin smiled even bigger, opening the other eye as he took his hands from behind his head, and turned over on his right side to be able to see his love enter.

There wasn't any other feeling that he could have felt in the last year or even longer then that. He knew that Gods of his status weren't supposed to love, but why shouldn't he? There was no one else that knew, and those that did were either dead or had no memory of a God loving his own assistant. The deity really didn't care what other people thought of the love between the two, or the things that might have or will be said towards them. As long as the two lovers were together and each loved the other more and more each day, then that was all that mattered to them.

But there was something that had been nagging Shin for the last few months. He knew that Kibito wasn't much on emotions, and when he was, he played on that emotion for as long as he wanted to, yet that wasn't the problem. The problem was that Kibito had never really told his charge about his past or the life up to the point when he had rescued the would-be East Kaioshin when the young God was only six-years old. The only inkling he had was when the other told him that he had been the assistant to the East Kaioshin before Shin, who was also the deity's father, and that after he had died, Kibito had a choice to either stay on Kaioshin-Kai or leave. Perhaps, He thought to himself, he will tell me tonight. I could always ask him if he doesn't.

A knock at the door made him jump to a sitting position, and stare at the door with wide eyes. He didn't expect Kibito to actually come to him this quickly nor did he expect him to knock. The other had always come in directly without really knocking nor did he expect him to knock. The other had always come in directly without really knocking, and smile down upon the small purple God. It seemed odd that he would do this, but it wasn't a big deal to really worry about.

"Come in, Kibito," Shin called out to him, instructing his heart to stop beating so fast. The door slowly opened, and the looming pink figure of Kibito took a step inside the room. He smiled a bit towards the God, not enough for anyone else to know that it was a smile, but at least Shin knew it was. He smiled back at the other, beckoning him to come in more then he already was. The assistant complied, closing the door behind him as he walked in more. He still was clad in the same clothing that he always wore, and the Kaioshin wondered if he slept in them or what. Course he wouldn't know since the two had never really slept in the same bed before except for one or two times, and those times were quite possibly the best few hours both had ever felt towards each other.

The other didn't have to be instructed to come towards the God more as he slowly made his way to the bed. He then crawled upon it, his body only a few short inches away from Shin's as he placed one hand at the edge of the bed while placing the other upon the Kaioshin's cheek. Shin purred slightly closing his eyes as he placed a hand upon the others, tilting his head upon that hand.

"That feels good....." He muttered, purring more.

"I know," Kibito whispered as he placed his other hand upon the deity's face. Shin opened his eyes fully, and moved them up towards the bodyguard. Both smiled softly at each other, their eyes locking together perfectly. "You're the only one I'll ever want, you know that?"

"Yes, I do." Shin rubbed one of Kibito's hands, sighing happily at this moment.

"Good, because you are probably the best thing that has happened to me in a long time, perhaps my whole life."

"I...." The Kaioshin started before the other moved his right hand from his cheek, and placed a finger upon his lips.

"Don't say anything, Kaioshin-sama. Just relax. It has been a long day," Kibito mused, the deity nodding slowly as he crawled into the other lap comfortably. The other adjusted his arms so that they were now tightly around the God's waist. Shin placed his head upon the assistants shoulder, placing his hands upon his chest as he closed his eyes again, this time in a more relaxing manner. Kibito placed a cheek upon his mohawk style hair, taking in a deep breath as he leaned back just a bit to lay his back upon the wooden board that went across the end of the bed.

The deity's relaxation didn't last long as Kibito took in a breath, raising his head ever so quickly as he coughed. Shin's eyes snapped wide open as he raised his head up, and look up at his love. He saw that his eyes were closed, and his lips were in a frown with his face even paler then before.

"Kibito, are you okay?" The God asked, a little worried about his bodyguard. He had never really seen him look as pale as he was at that moment, and didn't recall such a tint to his face when he had entered. Perhaps he is just tired, that's all. After all, we have done so much lately despite the fact that it has been really slow around the universe in the last couple of months, He thought to himself as he stared at the other.

"Yes, I'm fine," Kibito answered hoarsely, slowly opening his eyes to look upon the small purple God. "I'm just tired, that's all."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure." He smiled the best way that he could smile. "Just lay your head back down upon my shoulder, and don't worry about me. I'm supposed to do the worrying, remember?"

"Hai, Kibito," Shin teased gently, placing his head back down upon his shoulder, sighing just a little bit. He was still a little bit worried, though. Kibito had never been one to really complain about how he was feeling when he was sick, and the deity knew when the other was sick. He could always tell by the look in his eyes, and more often then not it was just a small cold that would be over and done with the next day. Those days the two would mostly stay around the palace so that Kibito wouldn't have to do much bodyguarding even if he insisted that he was okay.

The Kaioshin wanted so many times to give back what the other had given him ever since the two had meet so many years ago. Maybe one day he would get the chance to do so as he closed his eyes again, and drifted off into a blissful sleep.

****

Sunlight poured down from Kaioshin-Kai's sun, gleaming down upon the meadows that surrounded the last remaining Kaioshin palace. The gentle breeze moved through the green grass, across the water, and through the many hills that lined the horizon of the planet. There were no other awakening souls there since whatever had been living there had been killed off a year ago when the wizard Bibidi had descended upon the highest Gods known, or unknown to many, killing off four of the five Kaioshin and thus having his own life taken by the last one and his bodyguard. If someone had come upon Kaioshin-Kai by accident, which was highly unlikely since there was no one else in the known universe that knew where the planet was, those person would not know the horror that had happened only a short time ago. Then again, the memory of the planet would quite possibly be non-existent if the remaining Kaioshin wished that no one else would know about the sanctuary.

Shin blinked his eyes open from the flooding light that came from the windows behind his canopy bed, rubbing his eyes as he sat up in bed. He looked around tiredly, his onyx eyes scanning the room as his mind began to wake up. It was then that he realized that he was now lying at the top of the bed instead of in Kibito's arms at the other end, and that he was underneath the covers. His assistant was also gone, the door open slightly ajar that indicated that he had left at some point during the night.

The Kaioshin didn't remember being placed at the top of the bed, then again he had been in a deep sleep the whole night, and didn't feel his body being moved. It wasn't any surprise to him to find that the other had vanished during the night, sometimes coming back as soon as his charge had awoken so that he would be by his side. But, this time, Kibito didn't come rushing back when he felt Shin had come out of his sleep, but it didn't worry him at all. Not one bit.

Kibito-san? Shin called out telepathically to his assistant as he threw the covers off of his body, and moved his legs over to the side of the bed. He sat there for several minutes, his hands moving to the side of the bed, awaiting the other's response. When none came, a alarm began to ring inside of his mind. Unless Kibito was asleep, he normally didn't take so long to answer; maybe a minute or so at the longest, but never several minutes on end without some sort of response.

Kibito? He asked again, his bare feet sliding upon the carpeted ground around as he stood up, and began to walk towards the half opened door. His heart started to beat a little bit faster then before, his breath moving in and out of his nose with a hint of worry to it. If his love didn't answer this time, then something must be wrong. Even if there was something that Kibito was in the middle of doing, he would at least say something telepathically to let his charge know that he was okay.

Hai? Came a forceful grunt into the Kaioshin's mind. Shin didn't like the way it echoed in his mind nor did he like the tone of it once he had gotten to the door, and opened it all the way.

What took you so long to answer?

Gomen. I must not have heard you the first time.

"Strange," The God muttered to himself as he stood in the middle of the doorway, his head turning both ways to see if the other was there, but the corridor was empty like it always had been. Where are you anyways?

In the kitchen.

Shin nodded at this, half of the worry about where the other was went out of his body. The rest of the worry was placed on why he hadn't answered the first time around, and why did his telepathic waves seem so forced and tired at the same time. It didn't sound like the cheerful voice that he carried in him whenever his love called out to him.

He took in a deep breath, and moved towards the left side of the corridor in which the kitchen was, attempting to gulp down whatever fears he had at the moment. Kibito probably had something on his mind, and hadn't heard him the first time just like he said. It probably wasn't anything to really worry about at this time until he knew for sure what was really wrong. That is, if anything was wrong with him, but that was something altogether.

As the God rounded the corner towards the kitchen, a strange feeling washed over him causing to quicken his pace even more so. He couldn't pinpoint it, but it felt like something was different about the way the air swirled around him or how everything was falling into place. Like there was something else inside the palace besides the deity and the assistant.

Just as he began to jog towards the kitchen, which was only a little bit further down the corridor, the figure of Kibito stumbled out of the doorway, a hand clasping onto the doorframe. He did not hear Shin's footsteps coming towards him as he leaned against the frame, his eyes closed all the way, and his face paler then it had been the night before. As Shin slowed down to a halt, he could see the crystal-like beads rolling down the other's face as he struggled a little bit for breath.

"K....Kibito?" The Kaioshin called out to him as he came to a halt just a few feet away, his eyes upon his bodyguard. "Are you okay?"

"Does it look like I am okay?" Kibito snapped, opening his eyes, and looking down at the deity. He narrowed his eyes for a moment, his chest rising and falling very quickly. Shin set his face in a angry expression as he crossed his arms over his chest, his mouth opening to say something in return when the other raised his free hand to stop him from saying anything. "Don't say anything to that. I just need to lie down for a moment, that's all. Then I will be fine."

Shin nodded, his angry expression melting into a more softened state as he walked up to his love, uncrossed his arms, and took his hand into his. He then gently pulled him in the direction of the God's room, ready to take care of his assistant.

****

"Does this feel better?" The Kaioshin asked once he had helped Kibito lie down onto the deity's bed. It had taken several moments for Shin to actually make the other lay down upon his bed when he insisted that he rather lay in one of the plush chairs in one of the many libraries in the palace. The God wouldn't have it has he ordered him to snuggle down into the feathered pillows that he slept upon every night.

"I still don't know why you insist I lie in here," Kibito grumbled, his words barely above a breath as his chest still moved up and down quickly. Shin quietly sat at the edge of the bed, running a hand through Kibito's fine hair, smiling down upon the other with a gentleness to his lips.

"Because you don't need to. I rather have you comfortable here then on some scratchy chair." The Kaioshin's face turned serious as he slowly moved his hand down Kibito's cheek, wiping away some of the sweat that had been on his face. "What's wrong, Kibito?"

"I told you last night," Kibito paused for a moment as if to come up with some sort of excuse then went on, "I am fine."

"No you are not. You look pale as anything, and you are sweating. I don't like how you are breathing one bit either."

"You shouldn't worry about me." As the bodyguard began to sit up to get out of the bed, Shin placed a light purple hand upon his chest, indicating that he should stop. Kibito looked into Shin's ebony eyes, a frown creasing his face. He placed a hand upon the God's wrist, his eyes lowering down to his hand. "You really shouldn't worry, Kaioshin-sama. It is just another cold that will pass in due time."

"No, this isn't just another one of your colds, Kibito, and I can tell." Shin tilted his head to the side as he stared at the other. "You are sometimes pale when you are sick, but not this pale. And I can see it in your eyes. It is more then just a cold." He took in a deep breath as he sighed. "You must have picked up something from the last planet that we visited. Perhaps one of the village shaman can....."

"No, I don't think it was from that particular planet. Maybe it was from something I ate or drank on our own Kaioshin-Kai."

"It couldn't be," The deity said, shaking his head as Kibito raised his head up. "The Dai had gotten rid of all the potentially dangerous planets and such years ago, and made it so that those certain things could never grow here again."

"You know how he was overworked with things, my love, and could have possibly overlooked something."

"True, true," Shin replied, forcing a smile. "Although I can't make you do anything today except to just lie here and rest. You deserve it."

"But...." Kibito started before Shin pushed his lips against the other's to silence him. They held the kiss for a moment before the God pulled back, grinning like a cat. "Why did you do that?"

"So you would be quiet, and do this for me. I don't want a sick bodyguard wandering around the planet."

"Hai, Kaioshin-sama."

****

Two Days Later

Shin stood just outside of his own room, his hands moving the door closed as he shut it as quiet as he had could. Kibito was asleep in his bed, and the deity didn't want to bother him at this time. The bodyguard had fallen into a dream-like state only a half hour before after a long tiresome day. At least, in his account. In the last couple of days, the sickness that Kibito had thought was only a minor cold had turned into something that neither knew what it was or what had caused it. He had gotten a little bit worse over the course of the last forty-eight hours, and it was worrying the God a lot more then it had a few days ago.

Shin had spent the last two nights scouring the whole sphere of Kaioshin-Kai, and into the wee hours of the morning. So far he hadn't found anything that would have caused Kibito's sudden illness although he did find some unknown plants that were growing at one side of a river several miles away from the site where the West Kaioshin's palace once stood. When asked about it, Kibito swore that he had never gone that far West before except for the times that he and Shin had gone to visit the only female Kaioshin. Besides, he had told the Kaioshin, he didn't bother eating much of the fruits that grew on the planet anyways.

There was something odd about the timing of this mysterious sickness as well. In only a short week it would mark the one-year anniversary of Bibidi's reign of terror upon the planet that had killed four of the Kaioshin, and ultimately destroy what was left of Shin's twin sister, Keelin. Although he didn't blame Kibito for what he had done to her, he sometimes still felt the pang of her death even if she had really died many years before that. But it just seemed a little weird to him that Kibito would get this sick at this time of the year.

The Kaioshin sighed as he turned around, putting his back upon the door for a moment before bending over to pick up the tray that he had placed upon the ground so that he could close the door. He had attempted to make Kibito soup so that he wouldn't have to get up and make something himself, but he could tell that the other hadn't liked it that much even though he ate half of it. Oh well. I can always try again later, Shin thought to himself as he walked down the corridor to the kitchen, ready to find something else to make Kibito a little bit better.

To Be Continued....

Author's Note II: Okay, how was that for the prologue? Suggestions? Comments? Constructive Criticism? Anything? Thoughts (you can tell me if you hated it, I won't mind)? Well, just leave a little note (a review would be nice ^_^), and I'll work on the next chappy, k? Ja'ne for now!