Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Kaioshin Saga: Story 3: A Truth Untold II: Blue Moon ❯ Chapter 1: The Hidden Truth ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Truth Untold II:

Blue Moon

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the original characters (if any), and the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter One: The Hidden Truth

Shin paced nervously beside his bed, his hands clasped firmly behind his back as a worried look came upon his light purple face. He hadn't slept that much the night before, the early dawn already peaking over the West horizon of Kaioshin-Kai, indicating that the night was now finally over, and a new day was beginning as the light filtered through into the room from the windows behind the bed itself. And it was beginning in more ways then one. The sickness that had overcome Kibito had gotten slightly worse since the night had started many hours before, but it was still worse then it had been a couple of days before when he first noted that his bodyguard was looking ill. And he knew that it was going to last for a long time in the future.

He sighed as he stopped pacing and turned his head towards his own bed. Kibito was laying upon it, somewhere in the center of it with his back turned towards the God as he slept on his side, the blankets barely covering his towering form. The Kaioshin smiled just a bit as he walked over to the bed, and sat down onto the edge of it for a moment before he moved closer to his bodyguard. He sat near the top of his love, leaning ever so slightly over the other just to place a light purple hand upon his forehead. Shin held his open palm there for a second, feeling the warmth that filtered out from the other's skin. He frowned at his as he withdrew his hand, now lying his back upon the mattress and placing his head on the one free pillow that was not in use.

He stared up at the ceiling through the canopy on his bed, his tired eyes moving along the smooth surface. There was so much to do around the universe and not enough time to do it in. Even with any threats gone that he alone had to worry about, it still wasn't enough to deter any thoughts on his job. But, with Kibito in the condition that he was in, all of that would need to be on hold for the time being. And there was nothing else that could or would deter him from doing anything else but to make sure that his assistant got better.

Kibito stirred, his body moving ever so slightly onto his back. Shin moved his head over towards him as the other yawned, his eyes fluttering open slowly. The Kaioshin turned his body onto his side, propping his head up with one of his arms as Kibito looked towards him groggily, still not awake from sleep.

"What time is it?" The bodyguard asked dully, blinking his eyes to get rid of the sleep that still plagued his mind.

"Too early, Kibito. You need to fall back asleep so that you can get better," Shin said gently, smiling a half smile. Kibito yawned again as he sat up, the God not making any movements to actually push the other back down onto the bed. As long as he didn't do any of his normal duties there would be no problem. Any hint that the assistant was doing anything other then resting, there the Kaioshin would be, ordering him back into bed.

"No. I need to get your breakfast fixed, then I have to do the rest...."

"There is no way you are going to be doing anything other then resting, Kibito-san. You are still too sick to do anything. I can make my own breakfast, thank you."

"I'm feeling better," Kibito opted, turning his body around to face the Kaioshin as he attempted to smile the best way that he could in order to hide the actual horror of having his charge actually cook for him self again. There had been several times when he had attempted to make anything besides a bowl of cereal, and those times the God had almost burnt the entire palace down. Shin looked his bodyguard's face over, staring into the still sullen eyes and the pale face that surrounded them. "Besides, Kaioshin-sama, you shouldn't really worry about me. It's not my place to be looked after when I am supposed to be looking after you."

"Oh, hush, Kibito," Shin grumbled, sitting up quickly as he placed both of his hands upon the other's arms. "If you do anything for me you might just get me sick too. Besides, like I said before, I don't want you walking around here, sick. I am going to take care of you so please don't argue with me on this."

Kibito sighed, inching closer to his charge as he moved a hand through the God's hair. Shin's face softened, his eyes closing as he felt the other's hand slowly move to the back of his neck. It felt good to have his warm skin against his neck as he shivered despite the fact that the air around them wasn't that cold. The Kaioshin opened his eyes as he moved into Kibito's lap, and sat with his back pressed against the other's chest. Kibito placed a arm around his love's chest, keeping him close to him then he ever had before.

"You sound like your father, you know?" He replied, taking his other hand and moving it over Shin's face.

"How so?" Shin asked questionably, moving his head back a little so that the top of his head was leaning upon the other's shoulder.

"Well, he was always worried about my well-being when I was a child, and I'd never let him really do anything for me. I guess it was then when I didn't want anyone worrying about me because....." He took in a deep breath, slowly letting the air out as his voice trailed off. Kibito turned his head away as he shifted uncomfortably under the last Kaioshin's weight, his hands dropping down onto the mattress.

"Because of what?"

"Nothing. It's something that you shouldn't worry yourself about at all."

"But...." Before Shin could say anything else, the other roughly moved out from under him, and moved his body to the edge of the bed. Once his feet had been planted firmly on the ground, Kibito stood up shakily, and started to wobble around the bed. He barely got to the other side when he put a hand upon one of the posts and leaned on it as if his leg's couldn't move him any further. Shin moved his own body to the edge of the bed, pushing himself off of it as he jumped to the floor. He in turn walked up to Kibito, and glared up at him with his ebony eyes. "What is so wrong in telling me something?"

"Because.....because I just don't want to talk about it, okay?"

"Kibito," Shin took one of his bodyguard's hands into his own hands, rubbing it gently as the other looked towards the windows that allowed the new morning's sunlight to drift it, "I have known you for all but six years of my life. You have not once kept anything from me, so why should you start now?"

"It's....." Kibito's words trailed off as he went into a coughing fit. Shin watched his love bow his head towards the floor as he coughed, a pained expression coming upon the God's young face. He hated to see anyone sick or in pain, and tried his best to help them in any way. If only he would open up just a little bit more, then I could comfort him in a better way, He thought to himself, his expression softening just a bit.

"It's about your past, isn't it?" He whispered as soon as the other had gotten over his coughing fit. Kibito looked up at the purple being from his bowed position, a frown creasing his lips.

"How much do you know" The bodyguard growled in a low, warning tone. The deity took this as a sign to step back away from him, and he did just that with his hands raised as if that was going to hold the other back.

"Juts a little bit, that's all. Not a lot of details."

"Who told you?"

"The West Kaioshin. She told me that day...." It was now Shin's turn to let his voice trail off as he sighed as he started again. "She told me before we went to where Bibidi and Buu were. Honestly, she didn't tell me much."

"What exactly did she say?" Kibito raised his head from the bowed position that it had been in, his eyes glaring down at his charge. The Kaioshin suddenly felt uncomfortable under his assistant's gaze, rubbing the back of his neck in a nervous manner as he tried to find the words to answer him. He remembered a little bit of what the West Kaioshin said, but it had gone to the back of his mind once the battle between the Gods and the Wizard had begun.

"I can't remember exactly what she said, Kibito," Shin snapped. "All I know is...."

"I don't care what you know anymore. In fact, I don't even want to think about it either. Just...." Kibito flustered up as he took in a deep, angry breath, and pushed himself away from the bed. He proceeded to walk around the Kaioshin when Shin grabbed his bodyguard's arm, and pulled him back slightly. Kibito rolled his eyes as he yet again glared down at the purple deity, becoming more agitated then he already was. "What the hell is it now?"

"Kibito, why won't you open up to me? You hide the emotions that I saw in you when you came to save me that day a year ago." Shin dropped his hand to his side as he balled both of his fists together, attempting to hold back the tears that were pushing their way out of his own eyes. "I want to know what's wrong, and what I can do to fix it. I....I don't want to be left out in the dark. You mean too much too me...."

"Kaioshin-sama.....I....." Kibito whispered, turning around to face the God. The deity turned his head over his shoulder to look up at the other, tears already running down his cheeks.

"I don't know what happened to you before I came to Kaioshin-Kai, but I would like to at least ease whatever pains you so. Maybe then you wouldn't hurt so much....."

"I would tell you, but it does hurt too much. I would never be at ease...."

"Kibito-san, stop," Shin cut in, turning his body completely around to face his bodyguard. "I still feel the pain of what happened to my sister and my mother even though it happened a long time ago. You know I have had nightmares about it, and I still do every so often. It has never left me, and never will, but at least I have talked about it. Why won't you talk about what happened to you?"

"Because it wasn't the same thing!" The bodyguard hissed out, choking . "At least you didn't have wars right at your doorstep. At least you didn't overhear your father say that you were worthless. At least you didn't see your mother killed right in front of your eyes."

"Kibito-san...." Shin said in a small voice, watching him fall down to his knees, his own tears now glistening at the base of his eyes. The deity took a step forward, placing his purple hands upon Kibito's pink face as he looked over his features carefully. Kibito touched one of Shin's small hands, one lone tear rolling down his cheek.

"I....I..."

"It's okay. I am right here."

"I don't know where to begin. I've been keeping it from you for so long that I just don't know how to tell you."

"Whatever works for you, my love. Remember, I'll always listen to what you have to say. I always have, and I always will."

"I know you will," He whispered, a smile coming out from his frown. "That is why I love you so. You've always been there for me even if I haven't been the best one to show that love back."

"That doesn't matter. All that matters right now is to see that you get well, and that your heart doesn't ache any more." Shin placed his forehead against Kibito's, sniffing just a bit. The other closed his eyes for a moment, then opened them again, his smile fading just a bit as he leaned forwards, and kissed the Kaioshin gently upon his lips. They held this for a moment before Kibito pulled back just as gently as he had started the kiss.

"Do you really want to know what hell I had gone through before you came into my life?" He asked, stroking the purple hand that still held true on his face.

"Only if you are willing to tell it."

"Hai," Kibito said, moving his body into a sitting position as he took Shin's small body into his lap once again. The Kaioshin got into a comfortable position, leaning his head up against Kibito's shoulder as the other began to talk.

****

It had taken Kibito roughly two hours to explain everything to his charge about his own life, describing everything that he could. Shin knew it would have taken an hour and a half less then it had originally, but Kibito had to stop several times in order for him not to cry any harder then what he was doing at the moment. The deity also took in respect that his cold was also taking a effect as well, making him stop every so often to wipe beads of sweat off of his brow. The coughing fits as well, he knew, were not made up to linger the telling process even more. He knew that they were real to every extent possible.

Those words of what had happened echoed through the deity's mind over and over again, repeating themselves like a broken record. The words of the wars that had racked the bodyguard's planet for centuries, the words of the degrading things that were said from a father that had no love for his son, and the words of the torments that he had to go through just to survive in a place that no one should have to live through in their lifetime. Everything that he had said went through his body, moving time and time again through his veins so that he would never forget what he was told.

Even though he himself never had to live through something like that, Shin knew what it felt like to lose his own family. His sister was supposedly killed in front of him when he was only six, her convulsing body still haunts his mind every time that he closes his eyes. The deity then could see her little face filled with rage when Bibidi had killed that person in the square even though neither Keelin nor himself knew who it was. Then she had rushed forwards; not knowing who this creature was until it was too late. And then that monster took advantage of the newly crowned East Kaioshin's undying love for his sister, turning Keelin into a puppet for his own evil purposes. He was glad that he didn't see his own mother's death like Kibito had; it might have been something he would never have been able to handle. Maybe we do have something we share about our pasts. We both saw parts of our family being killed, and both of us has to live with it for the rest of our lives. Even though I don't know exactly what he is feeling, I can still relate somewhat to him, he thought to himself.

Shin stared intently at Kibito as the other stood at one of the two windows in the room, his gaze outside with his eyes red from the crying that he had done. The Kaioshin had never really seen the other cry so much as he did in the last two hours, and probably would never see him do it again. At least now I know the truth about him. I know the real reason why he doesn't trust anyone to enter his heart, He though as he sat on the edge of the bed, Indian style, his eyes moving down to the ground.

"Now you know everything, my love," Kibito said in a dry tone, taking his gaze away from the window to look upon the deity. "Are you happy now?"

"I'm sorry," Shin replied in a small voice. "I'm sorry that I asked. I knew it hurt you, yet I insisted that you tell me."

"No, sir, I should have told you long ago." His gaze returned to the window, his eyes moving along the distant horizon from behind the glass. Now the sun illuminated this side of the planet, basking the ground below it in a sea of light. "I just didn't have the courage to tell you before."

"I am glad that you did tell me." Shin raised his head up from the ground, moving his gaze over his bodyguard's body. He instantly saw that Kibito was shaking just a bit with a hand placed upon the wall to hold himself up. His face was even paler then before, his breathing even more labored. "Kibito, are you okay? You look worse then you did before."

"I just over did myself, that's all. I just need to rest, and I will be fine." Just as soon as those few words had come out of his mouth, Kibito's legs gave out on him, and fell quickly to his knees.

"Kibito-san!" Shin cried out, rushing off of the bed, and straight over to his love. Kibito winced in pain as the deity placed his hands onto his shoulders, and pulled him back a bit.

"Don't worry about me, sir. I'm just...." The assistant's words were cut short as he took in several big breaths, his eyes closing tightly. His face twisted in pain with every breath that he took, which was becoming more labored then it had been only a few short seconds ago.

"No, you are not okay. Kibito, damn....." Shin felt his heart begin to race as he looked around the room in a vain attempt to find something to help his bodyguard. What to do, what to do....damn it! Why did this have to happen?

"Kaioshin-sama....."

"Don't say anything. I need to get you some place where someone can cure you quickly," The deity said in a rushed tone, his mind swirling in a sea of thoughts. There wasn't any place that he could think of quick enough to really take Kibito at the moment. He knew that if he was something else that was wrong then he would be able to think a lot clearer then he was at the moment, but that something else wasn't happening now. No, it was far worse then he had expected.

Just as quickly as it had come, Kibito's breathing stopped being so hard to control, his chest moving up and down as smoothly as it had done in the past. He kept his eyes closed, his face relaxing just a bit as the Kaioshin nervously gazed at him. Is he dying? Is he going to give up this easily? He thought, a pang of fear going down his spine as Kibito slowly opened his eyes, and sat up with the help of the small God.

"What the hell was that?" Kibito asked, turning his upper torso around to face his charge. "What happened to me?"

"I don't know, but I don't like it one bit." Shin shook his head, his fear of what had just happened on his face. "Perhaps I should take you to that shaman on the planet we were at a few days ago. Maybe he could see what is wrong with you."

"Can it wait a little while longer?" He fidgeted in his place, a little bit nervous when the deity mentioned the word 'shaman'. "I still do not think that this is something that you should be concerned about."

"You're right, I shouldn't be concerned about it," Shin snapped, standing on feet and narrowing his eyes just a bit. "When you have another one of those fits where you can't breathe again, I shouldn't be worried then, should I?"

"Sir, I....." Before Kibito could say another word, the Kaioshin raised a hand to stop him from saying anything else.

"I know, I know. I shouldn't be worried about you, but guess what?" A pissed off look came upon his face as he scrunched up his nose in anger. "Tough. I am taking you to someone that can make you better so that you can do the worrying. Is that fair enough?" His eyes then went round, trying to look as innocent as he could possibly get. "Please? Do this one thing for me, and I won't bother you the next time that you are sick. Agreed?"

"Fine," Kibito grumbled, using the wall as a crutch to hold himself against as he stood up, and turned around to face his charge as he leaned up against the wall. "Where exactly are you planning to take me to get rid of this cold?"

"You'll see," Shin said, his voice barely above a whisper as he walked to his bodyguard, and placed a hand upon his chest. Not a second later did a yellow aura engulf the two remaining souls, their bodies disappearing into a golden flame of light as it fizzled out, leaving no one else on the planet.

To Be Continued....